Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:19:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dank Bank Deposits - dank's soul is claimed! - New music Nov 30th  (Read 128824 times)
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 03:51:35 AM

http://asakite.com/11/what-kills-more-people-than-pot

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 03:55:38 AM

^ Food and transportation and communication and such are necessary for our civilization to function.  Poisoning ourselves with dangerous drugs has no such necessary societal function.

and they are chemical, not "observable", whatever that's meant to be

observable: capable of being or liable to be observed;  noticeable; visible; discernible: an observable change in attitude.

Observable means something you can actually see and measure, as opposed to something you are imagining.  It was suggested that this is an imaginary disease.  Not so.  And yes, you can indeed observe chemical changes!

Physical abnormalities in the brains of substance abusers changes drug addiction treatment & alcoholic treatment.

http://suite101.com/article/drug-addiction-treatment-a29592#ixzz25NKwn94g

v And again, Aspirin is actually recognized as a useful medical treatment.  The comparisons are silly.  If aspirin had no use but as a poison like LSD and pot, we would ban it.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 03:55:53 AM

Unfortunately, this is also bullshit  Cheesy
Smoke almost anything and you'll be increasing your risk of lung cancer - whilst THC does have some decent medical benefits (it's quite an effective painkiller, it also shows promise in MS patients), I'm sure that smoking pot does cause deaths. So long as people recognise and can understand the likely impact of whatever it is they're doing, they should be free to do it.

If you want to see a drug that actually has caused almost no recorded deaths, look at LSD.
Bizarrely, LSD is much, much safer than aspirin.
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 04:13:12 AM

Smoke almost anything and you'll be increasing your risk of lung cancer - whilst THC does have some decent medical benefits (it's quite an effective painkiller, it also shows promise in MS patients), I'm sure that smoking pot does cause deaths. So long as people recognise and can understand the likely impact of whatever it is they're doing, they should be free to do it.

If you want to see a drug that actually has caused almost no recorded deaths, look at LSD.
Nothing bizarre about that.  Weed has anti tumor properties, which is why people that smoke weed don't get lung cancer.  You would have to smoke well over your body weight to overdose, in a short span of time.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Rarity

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 04:22:33 AM

Nothing bizarre about that.  Weed has anti tumor properties, which is why people that smoke weed don't get lung cancer.  You would have to smoke well over your body weight to overdose, in a short span of time.

Some chemicals in marijuana have shown some suggested anti cancer properties, however your ignorance of science has left you unable to discern that the plant itself is made up of many chemicals.  In the end, studies have shown that smoking this dangerous drug increases your risk of cancer.

http://www.newser.com/story/106166/marijuana-linked-to-cancer-disease.html

So much for legalization proponents who argue that marijuana is relatively harmless: New research suggests the drug actually increases your chances of getting cancer and other diseases. THC, the chemical that causes a marijuana high, also fuels production of cells that weaken the immune system, experiments on mice show. It is thought to increase vulnerability to pneumonia, bacterial infections, and tumors in the breast, bladder, lung, and elsewhere, the Daily Mail reports.

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20090623/marijuana-smoke-linked-to-cancer

June 23, 2009 -- Smoking pot causes cell damage that could make a person more likely to develop cancer, researchers report.  

Scientists at the University of Leicester have discovered that marijuana (cannabis) smoke alters DNA, the genetic material located in cells of the human body. Some forms of DNA damage can lead to cancer.

Many studies have shown that tobacco smoke damages DNA in a way that boosts risk for lung and other cancers, but until now, it's been unclear whether cannabis smoke could do the same. Of particular concern is a cancer-causing chemical called acetaldehyde, which is found in both tobacco and marijuana smoke. Using new chemistry techniques, study researchers showed that the chemical, when present in marijuana smoke, caused DNA damage in a laboratory setting.

I guess it's not surprising you have difficulty grasping science when...

NEW YORK (AP) — Teens who routinely smoke marijuana risk a long-term drop in their IQ, a new study suggests.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Teen-pot-use-linked-to-later-declines-in-IQ-3818578.php

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 04:35:18 AM

Nothing bizarre about that.  Weed has anti tumor properties, which is why people that smoke weed don't get lung cancer.  You would have to smoke well over your body weight to overdose, in a short span of time.

Some chemicals in marijuana have shown some suggested anti cancer properties, however your ignorance of science has left you unable to discern that the plant itself is made up of many chemicals.  In the end, studies have shown that smoking this dangerous drug increases your risk of cancer.

http://www.newser.com/story/106166/marijuana-linked-to-cancer-disease.html

So much for legalization proponents who argue that marijuana is relatively harmless: New research suggests the drug actually increases your chances of getting cancer and other diseases. THC, the chemical that causes a marijuana high, also fuels production of cells that weaken the immune system, experiments on mice show. It is thought to increase vulnerability to pneumonia, bacterial infections, and tumors in the breast, bladder, lung, and elsewhere, the Daily Mail reports.

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20090623/marijuana-smoke-linked-to-cancer

June 23, 2009 -- Smoking pot causes cell damage that could make a person more likely to develop cancer, researchers report.  

Scientists at the University of Leicester have discovered that marijuana (cannabis) smoke alters DNA, the genetic material located in cells of the human body. Some forms of DNA damage can lead to cancer.

Many studies have shown that tobacco smoke damages DNA in a way that boosts risk for lung and other cancers, but until now, it's been unclear whether cannabis smoke could do the same. Of particular concern is a cancer-causing chemical called acetaldehyde, which is found in both tobacco and marijuana smoke. Using new chemistry techniques, study researchers showed that the chemical, when present in marijuana smoke, caused DNA damage in a laboratory setting.

I guess it's not surprising you have difficulty grasping science when...

NEW YORK (AP) — Teens who routinely smoke marijuana risk a long-term drop in their IQ, a new study suggests.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Teen-pot-use-linked-to-later-declines-in-IQ-3818578.php
Why, yes, it is made of many chemicals.  And so is everything else in the world.

Nice articles you got there, where's the studies?  I already showed you a study done by Harvard proving weed kills tumors.  I showed you a terminally ill 3 year old brain cancer patient that survived after taking cannabis oil.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Rarity

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:27:26 AM

And so is everything else in the world.

Yes, things are made of chemical compounds.   What you are doing here is the equivalent of arguing that since fossil fuels can power your car, the raw oil from the ground could be used in your Ford Taurus.  Not so, a process of refinement is involved to get the desired material.

"Pot" does not fight tumors, smoking it increases your risk of cancer.  Certain chemicals have been shown, in isolation, to have both pro and anti tumor effects by themselves.  

I have linked you to numerous government, medical, and scientific explanations of the dangers.  No matter what I cite you will have another tantrum of yelling "NUH-UH, I KNOW BETTER THAN THOSE BIG MEANY STUPID HEAD SCIENTISTS!" so it is not worthwhile use of my time to to hunt down every study the experts have cited for you.  If you would like to prove the experts around the world who have reviewed the studies wrong, you are first going to have to learn how to do some of the legwork yourself and get Googling and reading beyond your druggy sites.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 05:35:14 AM

Way to get yourself trolled Dank. Holy Xenu!  Roll Eyes
drrussellshane

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:36:49 AM

Rarity, we don't have to do it in this thread, but you should really start a thread about Scientology.

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:39:42 AM

Way to get yourself trolled Dank. Holy Xenu!  Roll Eyes
It's hard to say, there are people like this in the world, after all.

Rarity

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:40:48 AM

I have no interest in discussing any spiritual beliefs I may or may not have in detail on these forums.  Any further commentary on this subject has no relation to the topic of Dank's Bank and is off-topic.

drrussellshane

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:42:21 AM

I have no interest in discussing any spiritual beliefs I may or may not have in detail on these forums.

C'mon now... don't be an SP, KSW and make LRH proud!

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 05:47:00 AM

And so is everything else in the world.

Yes, things are made of chemical compounds.   What you are doing here is the equivalent of arguing that since fossil fuels can power your car, the raw oil from the ground could be used in your Ford Taurus.  Not so, a process of refinement is involved to get the desired material.

"Pot" does not fight tumors, smoking it increases your risk of cancer.  Certain chemicals have been shown, in isolation, to have both pro and anti tumor effects by themselves.  

I have linked you to numerous government, medical, and scientific explanations of the dangers.  No matter what I cite you will have another tantrum of yelling "NUH-UH, I KNOW BETTER THAN THOSE BIG MEANY STUPID HEAD SCIENTISTS!" so it is not worthwhile use of my time to to hunt down every study the experts have cited for you.  If you would like to prove the experts around the world who have reviewed the studies wrong, you are first going to have to learn how to do some of the legwork yourself and get Googling and reading beyond your druggy sites.

Life has a 100% mortality rate.  For some reason control freaks ignore the obvious and think they can tell you how you should and shouldnt spend the little time we are alive.

Rarity

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:52:11 AM

Life has a 100% mortality rate.  For some reason control freaks ignore the obvious and think they can tell you how you should and shouldnt spend the little time we are alive.

Addictive drugs rob people of the ability to make their own decisions about how they should spend their lives, reduce lifespan (making that little time much littler), and have many other negative impacts on quality of life.  The best way to live life is sober and clear of mind, there is no question.  Saving people from themselves is necessary when addiction takes over their lives.  The damage drug users do to their families and the rest of society also makes their drug abuse our concern.

Most people are aware of the health effects of substance abuse. Chronic use of drugs or alcohol can cause a variety of health problems, including high blood pressure, cancer, injuries and decreased lifespan. Substance abuse has financial consequences as well. People who abuse alcohol or drugs can severely damage their family's finances, depleting retirement savings and risking the loss of personal property.
Money Spent on Substances

The money spent on drugs, alcohol or other substances can have a significant impact on a family's finances, according to the Drug Rehabs website. The average cost of three six-packs of beer per week is $13.20, or $633.60 per year, as of August 2010. The average monthly cost for illegal drugs ranges from $81 for marijuana to $836 for heroin.
Missed Income Opportunities

According to the Cliffside Malibu website, missed income opportunities as a result of substance abuse also affect family finances. Substance abuse contributes to work absenteeism, which can cause the abuser to lose opportunities for promotions and pay raises. Excessive absenteeism can lead to being fired.
Medical Costs

Drug and alcohol abuse typically results in high medical expenditures, either for illnesses related to the substance abuse or for injuries sustained while using alcohol or drugs. Even if the abuser carries medical insurance, co-pays and deductibles can take away from the family's budget, according to the Drug Rehabs website.
Insurance Costs

People who abuse drugs, alcohol or other substances might pay more for auto and health insurance, according to the Drug Rehabs website. Convictions for intoxicated driving can affect both car and medical insurance rates by more then 300 percent. In some cases, insurance companies can cancel policyholders for incidents relating to substance abuse, leaving families vulnerable to large financial liabilities.
Legal Expenses

According to the Drug Rehabs website, substance abusers frequently incur legal fees, such as fines and attorney fees, as a result of their actions while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/225760-the-effects-of-substance-abuse-on-family-finances/#ixzz25NoR298e

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:53:37 AM

You don't get that it doesn't mean you can control people's lifestyle with force.

You should leave.

Rarity

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:58:33 AM

You don't get that it doesn't mean you can control people's lifestyle with force.

The druggies are going to effect our lifestyles, by causing accidents on our roads and damaging their families and skipping work which damages our economy, and driving up our health costs with the additional medical problems caused by their drug abuse...and we have a right to protect ourselves.  Of course, in your selfish addicted mind the only thing that matters is getting your next fix so you don't care about the effects your choices have on the rest of us.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 06:04:44 AM

The druggies are going to effect our lifestyles, by causing accidents on our roads and damaging their families and skipping work which damages our economy, and driving up our health costs with the additional medical problems caused by your drug abuse...and we have a right to protect ourselves.  Of course, in your selfish addicted mind the only thing that matters is getting your next fix so you don't care about the effects your choices have on the rest of us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Snow_White
  youre right we should all follow the fine upstanding citizens of scientology.

Rarity

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 06:06:58 AM

That is an off-topic comment. If you would like to discuss religious topics with interested members feel free to start your own thread.

hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 07:54:50 AM

The druggies are going to effect our lifestyles, by causing accidents on our roads and damaging their families and skipping work which damages our economy, and driving up our health costs with the additional medical problems caused by their drug abuse...and we have a right to protect ourselves.  Of course, in your selfish addicted mind the only thing that matters is getting your next fix so you don't care about the effects your choices have on the rest of us.

Wow still at it I see.   I would say that's a hallmark of addiction.  My name is hashman and I'm also a bitcointalk.org addict.  Another warning sign I see is constantly attempting to criticize other peoples lifestyle choices.  Usually that is a sign you aren't happy with your own lifestyle choice.  Sorry to hear it.  Change it up bro. 

Lets not pretend we don't know drugs make up about 10% of the S&P 500 and are recommended in most investment portfolios.  And lets not criticize George Washington for separating his cannabis plants to increase potency, or Thomas Jefferson for saying that cannabis would make this nation great.  Lets criticize them instead for some shit they did that hurt other people.     

Did you know that actions such as running or even checking a new email create endogenous opioids in your body which are part of making these things addictive?  They also make you technically breaking the law for posession, as well as the DMT present in your body right now.  Usually the cops won't need to resort to this for stealing your house and taking you away from your kids.  More often it is planting or claiming forfeiture of controlled substance that will enable forfeiture of all your assets and put you with 2 million or so other political prisoners.     

If I want to advocate importance of sobriety and clarity of mind, I think people will not give me too much trouble.  These things are important.  If I want to put people in jail for what they do in their own home, give police the right to steal and destroy lives if they feel like it, and give billions of dollars to criminals corrupting the government at all levels, I'm a dangerous psychopath.  Right?   

Rarity

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 08:11:40 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2012, 08:35:42 AM by Rarity

Another warning sign I see is constantly attempting to criticize other peoples lifestyle choices.  Usually that is a sign you aren't happy with your own lifestyle choice.  Sorry to hear it.  Change it up bro.  

You need to seek treatment instead of projecting your misery on others.  A life of clarity and satisfaction can be found if you give up your enslavement to drugs.

Did you know that actions such as running or even checking a new email create endogenous opioids in your body which are part of making these things addictive?  

These ramblings have already been discussed in this thread.  Drugs short circuit and deform the normal reward pathways of the brain and that is part of what makes them so dangerous, yes.  

They also make you technically breaking the law for posession,

No, they do not.  It is amazing how damaged the mind of drug abusers can become that I have to respond to idiocy such as this.  Even in the event you ingest the drugs via smoking, their presence in your bloodstream does not constitute possession under the law.

And lets not criticize George Washington for separating his cannabis plants to increase potency, or Thomas Jefferson for saying that cannabis would make this nation great.

The founding fathers made many mistakes, including abuse of alcohol and drugs and other crimes such as slavery.

If I want to put people in jail for what they do in their own home, give police the right to steal and destroy lives if they feel like it, and give billions of dollars to criminals corrupting the government at all levels, I'm a dangerous psychopath.  Right?  

I have no idea if you are a psychopath or not, but it is clear your mind has been so muddled by drugs that your reply is incoherent and does not seem to address any actual points made in this debate.  You are precisely the reason why the government is required to take care of people and save them from themselves.  There is no reason for us to allow drug dealers to continue to prey on you and addle your mind and poison your body.  Someone has to step in and save you.

While you rant about having the right to poison yourself and damage your mind, someone just got killed by a driver high on drugs.  Someone was just admitted to the hospital for a drug related accident and is increasing my medical costs.  Addicts are giving up their jobs to get high all day and damaging our economy.  Drug addicted parents are neglecting and hurting their children.  Drug addicted children are trying to kill themselves to escape the misery drug abuse has inflicted on them.

Your freedom to commit slow suicide with drugs is not more important than the right of the rest of us to be safe from you.

About 1 in 5 drivers who were killed last year in car crashes tested positive for drugs, raising concerns about the impact of drugs on auto safety, the government reported Tuesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2010/11/30/drugs-involved-drivers-killed/#ixzz25ORexqgH

Cannabis use is associated with complications, considered to be serious since they lead to hospitalization. Beyond the well-known and widely investigated psychiatric events, serious cerebro and cardiovascular complications have been identified. These findings contribute to improve the knowledge of cannabis-related adverse events.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21204913

The loss to companies in the United States due to alcohol and drug-related abuse by employees totals $100 billion a year, according to the The National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information, while in Canada The Alberta Alcohol and Drug Abuse Commission has estimated the annual cost of workers absent or tardy due to substance abuse to be approximately $400 million just in Alberta alone.

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/work/a/aa990120.htm

.  A relationship between parental addiction and child abuse has been documented in a large proportion of child abuse and neglect cases.

• Three of four (71.6%) child welfare professionals cite substance abuse as the top cause for the dramatic rise in child maltreatment since 1986.12

• Most welfare professionals (79.6%) report that substance abuse causes or contributes to at least half of all cases of child maltreatment; 39.7% say it is a factor in over 75% of the cases. 13

• In a sample of parents who significantly maltreat their children, alcohol abuse is specifically associated with physical maltreatment, while cocaine exhibits a specific relationship to sexual maltreatment.14

• Children exposed prenatally to illicit drugs are 2 to 3 times more likely to be abused or neglected. 15

http://www.hopenetworks.org/addiction/Children%20of%20Addicts.htm

A new series of studies analyzing drug-related hospital emergency department visits throughout the country during 2008 reveals a substantial percentage of these visits involve suicide attempts.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20100715/8825-of-drug-related-hospital-emergency-department-visits-by-adolescents-is-a-suicide-attempt.aspx

But whatever, forget the abused kids, you need another fix.

Prohibition has a great track record of working, right?

In some cases it works well and in some cases it has not.  Singapore has done very well with strict laws and are a good model to follow.  There is no reason to surrender and allow the evils of drugs to overwhelm us.  We have been over this already in the thread.  Please review the previous conversation.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: