Bitcoin Forum
August 25, 2024, 10:25:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196173 times)
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:40:36 PM

^

What about answering the important questions Dan? (You've been going over the thread I assume)
Another long post with zero information besides a list of early investors, really  Huh Angry

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 02:52:48 PM

Probably the biggest irony is that NeuCoin might very well end up being a really successful crypto-currency model.

The venture capitalists have clearly determined that crypto-currency is now a money business.

The main issue here I think is really that:  we 'the 99%' only have access to around 5% of all NeuCoin  whereas  you 'the 1%' have access to around 95% of all NeuCoin.

In the dystopian future of increasingly diminishing net neutrality you will have to pay for content using your blue squirrel micro payment tokens!   Grin

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:12:41 PM

Hi Dan,

We've seen the resumes.  That was called "social proof" when I was trained in Boiler rooms in the late 80's.

Here's the list (again) of what we have not seen:

The HOLDINGS of each of those names you list.
Salaries of the people working for you.
Audited financials for the "long time you and the team have been working on this"
Forecasts of your expenses and revenues for the coming few years.

And Jesus Christ, the Anonymous Seychelles Shell company?  You keep crowing about transparency, and nobody mentioned this until I asked.  And you are still hiding behind it because you are violating blue sky laws all over the planet by offering investments without any of the information I listed above.

You can't be transparent and hide behind an off-shore holding company at the same time.

You are a criminal all over the world, but nobody will know because of your secret Seychelles Holding Company.  Right?

Your 1% won't lose any money.  They are in at a 1/4 penny.  Founders won't lose cause they are in at a half penny.  The greater fools will be sending all that money to your anonymous Seychelles Bitcoin account in an hour.

As usual, you guys are laughing.

There is no source code.
No wallets.
None of your Angels have admitted investing in this.

You are dodgy man.  The Sechelles Holding Company is the smoking gun that you are hiding a lot more than your financial reports.

Do you even have a CFO that told you any of this?

Cheers,

Gekko
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:43:02 PM

hi Dan,

What would you say are the main innovations of NeuCoin?

Jonald

fdylstyx

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:04:13 PM

Probably the biggest irony is that NeuCoin might very well end up being a really successful crypto-currency model.

The venture capitalists have clearly determined that crypto-currency is now a money business.

The main issue here I think is really that:  we 'the 99%' only have access to around 5% of all NeuCoin  whereas  you 'the 1%' have access to around 95% of all NeuCoin.

In the dystopian future of increasingly diminishing net neutrality you will have to pay for content using your blue squirrel micro payment tokens!  Grin

It's all speculative, everything is and in spite of Gekko's cries for compliance to the "rules" we all know that even when the rules are followed, and then broken, there's often no real repercussions. Except to those who played and lost. And the odd sacrificial goat that is likely rewarded for for their show of loyalty by doing the time for the other's crimes. Happens all the time.

I got lucky getting my hands on some BTC recently simply by eating some food in front of a camera. Why not parlay that .4BTC into 10,000 NeuCoin? If it's real in a year's time that interest has compounded to 20,000 NC's or even to 50K NC's over the next 5yrs. Even if the price is only half of what I paid for them I would still be ahead.

I don't need to know the rules to gambling with my money. Sure it helps but luck plays just as big a part of any investment as does analytic and rule of law. Who's to say which gives one the better edge? All I do know is that for this presale it only takes a minimum 0.01 0.1 BTC to place your bet.  

scam confirmed

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 05:28:11 PM

main innovations of NeuCoin?

Some altcoins are legitimate, but Neucoin isn't one of them. I read their whitepaper, its basically 40 pages of technical jargon, that goes nowhere. At then end of the day, Neucoin is a fork of peercoin with some parameters tweaked. If the Neucoin paper was as straight to the point as satoshi's paper, it would be less than one page long.

I'm the developer of bitcoin microtransaction project, so I'm naturally curious about any altcoin that has "microtransactions" in their tagline. There is nothing about Neucoin that makes it better at microtransactions
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/33ntyl/this_is_probably_why_jackson_palmer_dogecoin/cqmvkwm

cat2

Activity: 137

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:34:08 PM

Presale is about 1/2 hour late and still no button on the neucoin.org website? Am I missing a time zone diff or something?

><((((º>·.·..><((((º>
..·..><((((º>
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:42:20 PM

main innovations of NeuCoin?

Some altcoins are legitimate, but Neucoin isn't one of them. I read their whitepaper, its basically 40 pages of technical jargon, that goes nowhere. At then end of the day, Neucoin is a fork of peercoin with some parameters tweaked. If the Neucoin paper was as straight to the point as satoshi's paper, it would be less than one page long.

I'm the developer of bitcoin microtransaction project, so I'm naturally curious about any altcoin that has "microtransactions" in their tagline. There is nothing about Neucoin that makes it better at microtransactions
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/33ntyl/this_is_probably_why_jackson_palmer_dogecoin/cqmvkwm

I would agree completely.   

This claim on the homepage of neucoin.org:

The NeuCoin whitepaper addresses all the cryptocommunity's 'nothing at stake' objections to proof-of-stake and demonstrates mathematically how NeuCoin's design - with improved security over previous proof-of-stake implementations - foils all attack vectors.

...is at best delusional and at worst is just a flat out lie.

I don't see a single noteworthy person in the "cryptocommunity" commenting
on this "whitepaper".  Are we to believe that it is so brilliant that everyone
is sitting shocked in silence?

What exactly is this "improved security"?

The idea of a period where coins cannot stake is not new --
for example NXT does that as well.  But at least NXT is
honest enough to admit in their whitepaper that
such attacks are possible.

fullintegrity

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 06:12:13 PM

Not to mention the presale timeperiod has come and gone, essentially making it look like a scam to begin with.
Another XPY lookalike failure = could be?

1Lfx2Dv69BUgs5v18LtcLqFYKuiJvhxPYh
Gekko463

Activity: 545

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 06:13:09 PM

Launch indefinitely postponed.

The Natives are restless:  http://forum.neucoin.org/t/presale-timeline/152/70

Hilarious.  Technology experts eh?
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 06:53:27 PM

Launch indefinitely postponed.

The Natives are restless:  http://forum.neucoin.org/t/presale-timeline/152/70

Hilarious.  Technology experts eh?

From the Pre Sale site:

"Presale postponed - Stay tuned

Our rollout revealed a way to buy NeuCoins without accepting the Terms & Conditions.

Legal advised us to wait until this has been resolved. To give everyone a fair chance to start at the same time, we will communicate a new start time shortly on our forum, blog, twitter and email."

Interesting....

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:44:21 PM

fdylstyx

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:46:22 PM

NeuCoin Token Presale Terms Dated as of April 28th, 2015

The glitch is now fixed and the presale is now live.

Here's the Purchase Agreement for those who're interested in finding flaws. http://www.neucoin.org/en/purchase_agreement

Anyone here a lawyer?
fdylstyx

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:53:24 PM

I don't believe you can purchase from the page I put up above. You'd have to go to this page http://www.neucoin.org/en/presale first.

It's showing over 3 million sold at this time. FWIW

No, I'm not endorsing this NeuCoin at this time. I just though with all the noise on this thread some folks might be interested in checking it out.

fdyl
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:24:31 PM

where's the BTC address?  Or is it like I suspected... there is no public address?

fdylstyx

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:35:26 PM

where's the BTC address?  Or is it like I suspected... there is no public address?

I expect this is the address you speak of  Disclosure of Purchases:

Company will make all purchases publicly visible and verifiable on the Bitcoin blockchain at the following multi-signature address: 3MrNuksZ1VePU3dGiSQFiouWerJUJgDkfH

Let us know what you see.

Also there shows over 8 million sold in the first 4 hrs. You can watch the sales here. http://www.neucoin.org/en/presale

I'm still waiting to hear others lawyerly opinions on the Purchase Agreement before I decide.

fdyl  
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:35:57 PM

From the "NeuCoin Token Presale Terms":

You agree that the laws of the Republic of Seychelles, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws thereof, will govern these Terms and all matters relating to your purchase of NeuCoin Tokens, including all disputes between you and Company.

And then:
"How Seychelles became a paradise for dirty money and corruption" - the headline of this story: http://www.taxjustice.net/2014/06/10/corrupt-little-seychelles-became-paradise-dirty-money/
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:37:56 PM

where's the BTC address?  Or is it like I suspected... there is no public address?

Company will make all purchases publicly visible and verifiable on the Bitcoin blockchain at the following multi-signature address: 3MrNuksZ1VePU3dGiSQFiouWerJUJgDkfH

Also there shows over 8 million sold in the first 4 hrs. You can watch the sales here. http://www.neucoin.org/en/presale

I'm still waiting to hear others lawyerly opinions on the Purchase Agreement before I decide.

fdyl  

Well, through the address you posted, Neucoins for 0.05 BTC were bought. That doesn't make up for the alledged 8 millions...
fdylstyx

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:38:28 PM

From the "NeuCoin Token Presale Terms":

You agree that the laws of the Republic of Seychelles, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws thereof, will govern these Terms and all matters relating to your purchase of NeuCoin Tokens, including all disputes between you and Company.

And then:
"How Seychelles became a paradise for dirty money and corruption" - the headline of this story: http://www.taxjustice.net/2014/06/10/corrupt-little-seychelles-became-paradise-dirty-money/

Thanks Real, I'll look at that now.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:40:07 PM

fdyl  

I only see .05 BTC there.  I have no reason to believe they sold 8 million coins (320 BTC worth).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: