Bitcoin Forum
August 25, 2024, 06:17:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196173 times)
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:20:11 AM

Why doesn't everybody just fork Peercoin 10 times on their computer and be a multi-millionaire with a valuation of $30 million?   Why don't we give computers to impoverished people and tell them to fork Peercoin too?  Poverty could be ended tomorrow.

Can you hear yourself?  Did you read anything about the research they did to identify/quantify/improve issues with existing coins? (specifically around security).  In your dream world do these random Peercoin-forkers also have access to successful business partners with services that have tens of millions of monthly visitors?  This kind of comment just makes you sound uneducated or at least uninformed.  Maybe NeuCoin will succeed, maybe not, but do you really think that they've added no value on top of Peercoin?

I read their white paper.  What security features do you see?  What value have they added?
Perhaps I missed something.

Don't expect an answer. He seems to be one of their shills...
hund

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:26:21 AM

It'll be rather easy to find out if the numbes on the website are a lie or not. Someone who buys some (not me) just needs to follow the btc where they end up.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 12:26:52 AM

I also think the presale numbers on the website are fake.

I don't. People are greedy. Dumb money flows.

I see a lot of red flags here.

You are not alone.

4000 BTC, I really hope this isn't a scam

It is.

or this might be a real death for alts.  Sad

Not at all.

Maybe NeuCoin will succeed

No it won't.

maybe no

Definitely no.

but do you really think that they've added no value on top of Peercoin?

Yes.

HunterGatherer

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:43:09 AM

I read their white paper.  What security features do you see?  What value have they added?

Hi Jonald_fyookball,
I think there are a few but specifically the variable stake modifier was a smart change, shorter block time, and not using coinage to affect your liklihood of creating a block.  But the security enhancements are sort of the baseline of what everyone expects/needs from a coin.  The bigger benefit - and one I feel like not anyone can just "invent" - is the community they bring to the table.  They could drive adoption *fast*.  Time will tell, but their presale has already sold about 35% and they just started it this afternoon.
fdylstyx

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:46:20 AM

From the purchase agreement.

" Purchase limits to protect small buyers

For the first 50% of the NeuCoin tokens offered in the presale (50 million coins), purchases are limited to no more than 5 million NeuCoins per registered buyer. After the first 50 million coins have been sold, the purchase cap will be lowered to 1 million NeuCoins per registered buyer. Should demand be very high, this cap might be lowered even further."

Almost 35 million sold in first 8hrs of the first day of a supposedly one month long campaign to sell 100 million Neucoins. Either the sales are not real, although many at the website have confirmed they've gotten their confirmation, or the numbers are real. In any case it looks like things should go much more slowly in a few hours when the limit of purchase is dropped 50 5 fold to the 1 million cap.

Has anyone seen such a bull run on an alt before? It is quite remarkable. Scam or not.

fdyl

HunterGatherer

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:50:39 AM

Nope, not one of their shills.  Just tired of hearing a bunch of guys agree with each others negative blather, as if your communal agreement makes what you say true.
hund

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:57:56 AM

Likely presale selfbuys or entirely imaginarey numbers to make the illusionary impression of demand for it. The oldest trick in the book.

In crypto every presale is a scam until proven otherwise.
fdylstyx

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:59:15 AM

Hi Jonald_fyookball,
I think there are a few but specifically the variable stake modifier was a smart change, shorter block time, and not using coinage to affect your liklihood of creating a block.  But the security enhancements are sort of the baseline of what everyone expects/needs from a coin.  The bigger benefit - and one I feel like not anyone can just "invent" - is the community they bring to the table.  They could drive adoption *fast*.  Time will tell, but their presale has already sold about 35% and they just started it this afternoon.

Wouldn't you agree that 35% sold already constitutes a very high demand in light that they were expecting this to run for a month? And if their agreements (any of them) meant anything don't you think they should already be pulling in the reigns? You know...the purchase cap...to protect small buyers as shown in my last post.

Maybe they've forgotten about that in their shock and awe at their success. Or perhaps they're just too busy mixing the BTC as they come in. It must've caught even them off guard.    
fdylstyx

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:01:24 AM

Likely presale selfbuys or entirely imaginarey numbers to make the illusionary impression of demand for it. The oldest trick in the book.

Valid point but what would self buys at this point accomplish?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:03:25 AM

Hi Jonald_fyookball,
I think there are a few but specifically the variable stake modifier was a smart change, shorter block time, and not using coinage to affect your liklihood of creating a block.

Ok, granted these may be an improvement over Peercoin.

However, they are not really innovative as they've
been done in other coins, and certainly do not "foil all attack vectors", at
least not as described in the paper.

(Sounds like neucoin may actually be a fork of blackcoin)

HunterGatherer

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:18:11 AM

Wow you're cynical!  I guess that's possible but why "likely"?  Especially give the list of angel investors?  I'll admit - I actually did buy some.

I understand the once-bitten-twice-shy feeling if there have been a lot of scumbags running scams in the digital currency community.  That said, I don;t think you can lump them all in the same bucket.  Or you can if you want, but that just means you'll never be an early adopter in a coin like this. 
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:26:18 AM

Main Objectives for Year One

One million or more users
    Hundreds of quality content providers accepting NeuCoin micropayments
    Integration with leading exchanges in all major geographic markets
    Demonstrating the security of NeuCoin’s PoS design
    Voting mechanism in place for NeuCoin holders

They said they would attain 1 million users within 365 days; when Bitcoin after 6 years only has 100,000 - 250,000 users (according to the Federal Reserves' PDF in October and Jeffrey Robinson's book).

So you want 4x the user base of Bitcoin in 1 year but only want "hundreds of quality content providers".   Cheesy  Cheesy

When questioned about this, Sandrine replied (paraphrasing) NeuCoin would be added to freemium websites but this model is severely flawed because A) the websites they casually mentioned (and do not mention NeuCoin anywhere on them) only have up to 10 million free users (99.9999% of whom never pay for anything, it's the advertisers who pay) and B) how is this any different from websites accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment?  It isn't.

That seems more like a challenge for Facebook or something - if they created their own coin and spamming it to their billion accounts, maybe  they'll lucky to get a million users within the year..  but most legit companies would rather do a payment processor (aka Apple Pay / Snap Cash) than try to create some slow decentralized cryptocurrency which they'll have little control over and probably face lawsuits too.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:27:31 AM

Wow you're cynical!  I guess that's possible but why "likely"?  Especially give the list of angel investors?  I'll admit - I actually did buy some.

I understand the once-bitten-twice-shy feeling if there have been a lot of scumbags running scams in the digital currency community.  That said, I don;t think you can lump them all in the same bucket.  Or you can if you want, but that just means you'll never be an early adopter in a coin like this.  

There are no "early adopters" beyond the creators of this coin.  3 billion coins (later 100 billion) but only offering 100 million to the public.  Lol.  The inflation means the founders will be robbing everybody blind.  Massive Inflation = Scam.

Don't pretend this is the first time we've seen this.  We've seen big IPOs ran by organized groups and even corporations, all pitching the same dreams "1 million users in the first year" and all went to bust one way or another..

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:27:44 AM

Nope, not one of their shills.  Just tired of hearing a bunch of guys agree with each others negative blather, as if your communal agreement makes what you say true.

There are some obvious facts, and it is also obvious that several people see these points. What you call "negative blather" is finding of facts. But well, you've sent your money to the Paradise of Money Launderers, so you must know better than everybody else.
HunterGatherer

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:32:20 AM

4000 BTC, I really hope this isn't a scam
It is.

Hi "scam confirmed",
So when did you stop beating your wife?

Regardless of whether or not that statement is true, it doesn't cost me anything to say it right?
And if I repeated it a bunch it puts you on the defensive.  Probably would affect how people think/feel about you.  So should I just say it if I want?

Why is it a "confirmed" scam?  Can you share details?
HunterGatherer

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:57:30 AM

There are some obvious facts, and it is also obvious that several people see these points. What you call "negative blather" is finding of facts. But well, you've sent your money to the Paradise of Money Launderers, so you must know better than everybody else.

But that's just it - the stuff I'm responding to is *not* fact.  I guess some is opinion, but so much of it is unsubstantiated it comes across as FUD.  Anyway, if you all just want to stew in your negativity then fine, it's your choice.  You should know that from someone who hasn't spent a ton of time here it sounds desperate and pitiful - like your last ditch effort in life is tied to Bitcoin's success, and that means the demise of any Altcoin. No matter what.  But if you plan to do this publicly you should expect a wake-up call every once in a while from people who approach life with an open mind.
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 02:17:43 AM

Hmmm to me a lot of red flags....

1st - Almost half of coins being sold in approximately 6 hours after a presale delay of almost 2 hours??? Most people would wait to see how it goes especially when there is a 60 day window with only a 1% daily increase.

2nd - Launch doesn't even have a confirmed date....Sometime in July and if not then you get you btc back in September??? Ok give me your btc to play with for at least 2 months and then I'll give you some coins that might be launched in July or later at my discretion. Sound of toilet flushing goes here.

3rd - Their BTC address still only has 0.05 confirmed deposit amount. All deposits are to be publicly visible right???

4th - Angel Investors??? This sounds very familiar with another scamcoin called OctoCoin (888). Don't know if anyone here remembers that but was pumped to high heaven and then ABSOLUTELY nothing...pure shit. The 'Investors' were called Angel Investors as well. Hmmm to much coincidence there.

5th - Why why why?Huh?? Insert facts here.......if any.

Just my opinion and I do hope I am wrong as I very well could be, but nobody has specified any significant proof on any of this. Good luck to all of you who have invested. I will be watching to see how things go as I am very curious to see what this turns into.

edit:  Sandrine has been VERY quite as of late.

edit edit: How is the time down to 14 hours nows when they launched at around 2:30 EST?? Last I check 24-6 was 18 hours. Another discrepancy that can't be dismissed. Even is they did launch on time this still WOULD NOT be correct.
Sandrine89 (OP)

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 02:26:21 AM

Not so much. Monitoring our presale on our forum, feel free to check it out.
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 02:31:03 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2015, 02:45:47 AM by mafort1469

Good to see you are here. Why is there only 0.05 btc in the designated wallet?

I know you hear a lot of FUD but can you please explain my listings above? I truly would like this to succeed, but like most, I have been burned before. If you can provide some reassurance on the above questions, I am sure it would ease many minds. Thanks.

edit: So this presale will raise approx $900,000 USD with no coins in existence and people who bought will have to wait at least two months to see any coins they bought. Hmmm.... I wish someone would give me $900,000 USD since in two months with interest I could have a free $50,000 from an interest bearing account. WOW........ Nice profit off the backs of others.
hund

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 02:54:39 AM

Can i get my questions answered then, Sandy or what are you doing here?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: