Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:23:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37805 times)
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:20:20 PM

I do back up my wallets, but that's just me copying wallet.dat and moving it somewhere else. 

Only octocoin addresses I've used is the one to receive from pools and one for faucets way back when.  In other coins' wallets, I can see specific addresses in "send" and "receive" sections. The Octo wallet just has a "request for payment" form when I click on the receive button.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
hashbrown9000

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:27:48 PM

So here's my test transaction from last week sent to the burn address.

Is "Input" the address I should be listing in the google form?

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 12:39:58 AM

that is correct because that is the address you are sending Octocoin from to the burn address Smiley

so you'll take that address and the total amount you burn along with your Counterwallet address that you create and submit on the form. once the burn phase is over, we look at the amount of Octocoin you sent from your address to the burn address and send the same exact amount of OCTO to your Counterwallet address you provide.

like i said before. i urge you all to save your Counterwallet pass phrase and/or short password you create and your private keys on two separate places besides your hard drive. i'd suggest a USB key, external hard drive, paper wallets, etc.

if you lose this, you lose your OCTO. we have no access to the web wallet. i save mine in multiple places. i assume once they create the desktop wallet it may work sort of like a regular bitcoin wallet but who knows. you'd have to read more into that. bitcoin and other altcoin wallets, you need to save the wallet.dat file.
GWCalvert

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 05:02:40 AM

I do back up my wallets, but that's just me copying wallet.dat and moving it somewhere else.  

Only octocoin addresses I've used is the one to receive from pools and one for faucets way back when.  In other coins' wallets, I can see specific addresses in "send" and "receive" sections. The Octo wallet just has a "request for payment" form when I click on the receive button.

If you want to see all of the addresses that have been used as receiving addresses in your OctoCoin wallet: Click on "File" then go down to "receiving addresses" and it will show a list of all addresses that have received coins in that wallet.

Solo mining will also create new receiving addresses in your wallet, too... sometimes a new one for every block found.

If you have had transactions received by more than one address, then there will be different addresses as inputs, even if you send them all at once. I had wallets on a couple of different computers and each had multiple addresses and I sent them all to a newly created address and used that address on the form and to send my coins to the burn address.

Your best bet, to insure you get credit for all of your coins is to: 1. Create a new address... 2. Send all of your coins to that address... 3. Use that address on the Google form for the burn.

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 01:29:25 PM

right, which is what we originally said to do lol  Grin i sent all mine to one address. you just have to adjust the total amount in your wallet so that you have enough not being sent to cover the fee.
wartywarlock

Activity: 208

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:16:21 PM

BTW, I saw that .party is a domain now, so I went ahead and registered www.octo.party it's not got hosting but it's registered for a year at least. Will try and work on it ASAP.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 05:45:09 PM

well that's awesome Smiley thx warty.

I'm currently working on the website. It's nowhere near completion. The .party domain wasn't included in the squarspace package. However, we can use external domain names. octo.party is pretty damn cool.

For now it is sitting at www.theoctoparty.com. Like I said, I just started and I'm still figuring out exactly what all we need on the site. Squarespace updated their editing so it's way different than the last site I did on there. I'm starting to get the hang of it now.

I don't know if I can use theoctoparty.com off site because it was purchased on squarespace as part of the package then you just renew the domain name yearly. However, octo.party would definitely be useable for the first projects website. It will link off of the main site but still be hosted separately.

I know the "working model" will need a kickass name and if you will let us use it for that, then that's awesome.

Now that I'm relocated I should be able to hopefully meet some local people in the Bitcoin scene who can help out. I am juggling the burn, the OCTO distribution after the burn, setting up distribution through FoldingCoin with Robert for now. If we get those things knocked out, I will start to get the funding for the tshirts that we can sell to raise money for the "working model." I don't have total cost yet to implement Counterwallet to the website for the game. I did get a quote for a Bitcoin only site and it was around $1300. We may be able to just buy the code for the site without Bitcoin implimented since it's normally set up for Credit Cards and Paypal. But we may also be able to find a free version of coding for the game, or a plugin that will run the game on wordpress. I know there are plugins for cheap but i don't think we'd be able to change the coding for Counterwallet. We may even get lucky and be able to recruit some devs to help us out for free at first in exchange for a % of the fees the "working model" will make and the promise they will be included in the team for the actual funded website.

It's a long road ahead. But hang on to that domain! We will need it sometime soon. We can even shoot you some OCTO as payment for the domain if you like.

cabbage2014

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:00:34 PM

Guys I'm test sending Octo between 2 wallets I have and have found wallet either freezes or gives transaction too large error on transactions over 50,000.  I managed to get 1 transaction through of 100,000 but no luck after that.  I will be burning close to a million octo, so at 50.000 each that would be close to 20 transactions.  Would that be too much? Or is their some workaround I don't know about for large transactions?

GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 09:33:34 PM

Guys I'm test sending Octo between 2 wallets I have and have found wallet either freezes or gives transaction too large error on transactions over 50,000.  I managed to get 1 transaction through of 100,000 but no luck after that.  I will be burning close to a million octo, so at 50.000 each that would be close to 20 transactions.  Would that be too much? Or is their some workaround I don't know about for large transactions?

The problem with the transaction being too large isn't the number of coins, but the number of different inputs. Every transaction received by your wallet equals an input. If you have a bunch of smallish deposits into your wallet, then you will quickly max out the transaction size.

The wallet tries to combine the largest (coin wise) inputs together to create the withdrawal. Once it gets through the larger coin chunks, it starts using smaller and smaller chunks of coins. Since a finite number of inputs can be placed into a block, less total coins fit into a transaction.

If you send all of your coins in large chunks to a single address, you should be able to then send them all at once to the burn address. I sent over 1.15 million yesterday in one chunk after combining them to a new address. It took me around 15 transactions to get my coins over to the new address. Once I had that done they easily sent to the burn address in a single chunk.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 09:41:23 PM

The problem with the transaction being too large isn't the number of coins, but the number of different inputs. Every transaction received by your wallet equals an input. If you have a bunch of smallish deposits into your wallet, then you will quickly max out the transaction size.

The wallet tries to combine the largest (coin wise) inputs together to create the withdrawal. Once it gets through the larger coin chunks, it starts using smaller and smaller chunks of coins. Since a finite number of inputs can be placed into a block, less total coins fit into a transaction.

If you send all of your coins in large chunks to a single address, you should be able to then send them all at once to the burn address. I sent over 1.15 million yesterday in one chunk after combining them to a new address. It took me around 15 transactions to get my coins over to the new address. Once I had that done they easily sent to the burn address in a single chunk.

gw is correct. and honestly you should be able to get them all to one address sending chunks at a time, but if you can't i don't think it's that big of a deal. it would make it easier on us as far as managing it from one address. however, robert did say as long as you are using the same Counterwallet address for each different octocoin address transaction to the burn address, it will work because it will still pull all those transactions together by the similar Counterwallet address. Either way you will only receive one transaction back for all of your OCTO to 1 Counterwallet address. It just means when we have issues and are sifting through transactions to the burn address we won't have to go through as many.
cabbage2014

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:49:59 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 10:22:58 PM by cabbage2014

Guys I'm test sending Octo between 2 wallets I have and have found wallet either freezes or gives transaction too large error on transactions over 50,000.  I managed to get 1 transaction through of 100,000 but no luck after that.  I will be burning close to a million octo, so at 50.000 each that would be close to 20 transactions.  Would that be too much? Or is their some workaround I don't know about for large transactions?

gw is correct. and honestly you should be able to get them all to one address sending chunks at a time, but if you can't i don't think it's that big of a deal. it would make it easier on us as far as managing it from one address. however, robert did say as long as you are using the same Counterwallet address for each different octocoin address transaction to the burn address, it will work because it will still pull all those transactions together by the similar Counterwallet address. Either way you will only receive one transaction back for all of your OCTO to 1 Counterwallet address. It just means when we have issues and are sifting through transactions to the burn address we won't have to go through as many.

Yep you are right, sorry if I missed the answer earlier in thread all the coins I sent to test address are now able to send in 1 chunk(860,000+).  Last question! Should I email you new octo wallet address(to replace old one) or just resubmit the form?

hashbrown9000

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:13:59 PM

Ok I am going to create a new address in my wallet and send all my coins there.  Then I'll start sending them to the burn address.  So the address I have on the google form won't be correct. 

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 10:57:08 PM

Ok I am going to create a new address in my wallet and send all my coins there.  Then I'll start sending them to the burn address.  So the address I have on the google form won't be correct. 

we can correct the google form. just let us know the octo address, amount burned and Counterwallet address. email us at octocoinburn@gmail.com with the info unless Robert says otherwise Smiley
GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 11:20:00 PM

Guys I'm test sending Octo between 2 wallets I have and have found wallet either freezes or gives transaction too large error on transactions over 50,000.  I managed to get 1 transaction through of 100,000 but no luck after that.  I will be burning close to a million octo, so at 50.000 each that would be close to 20 transactions.  Would that be too much? Or is their some workaround I don't know about for large transactions?

Yep you are right, sorry if I missed the answer earlier in thread all the coins I sent to test address are now able to send in 1 chunk(860,000+).  Last question! Should I email you new octo wallet address(to replace old one) or just resubmit the form?

Now that you have all of your coins in one address; you could send them to the address that you submitted on the form, and from there to the burn address. This will help eliminate any mix-ups in the distribution.

This is one of the reasons that I suggested using an auto-responder service... People who had submitted their info to the list could have clicked a link from their sign up email and updated their information in their accounts, if needed... but someone decided not to go that route...  Tongue  Grin

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 11:38:24 PM

yeah. hindsight.  Grin
hashbrown9000

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:43:16 AM

meh. still confused. I just sent another test tx to the burn address (0.44444444). the input address doesnt match my first test tx or any of the send or receive addresses in my wallet.

i guess i'll just send you tx id's when I burn so you can confirm. It will be two transactions since i'm over 50K Octo.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:38:55 AM

Sorry i have been away for a little bit, had some FLDC stuff that kept me busy. I just got caught up on the conversation and it looks like in general the burn process is going good. We have about 2 days until the burn, and i will be up at midnight on the day of the burn to help go through all of the statistics. Let me know if you need anything from me octo community Cheesy

Site looks great Kris!

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 02:06:32 PM

Thanks! It will do for now. I would prefer we get a legit designer to contribute to the site. I think there will be a bounty put on that soon.

I just need to figure out how to set someone up as a contributor and give them the permissions to edit. Then all I'll have to do is supply them content to update with.

The good thing is Squarspace has awesome tutorials and FAQs Smiley
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:38:46 AM

We are now live on Dogedradio http://dogecoindark.net/radio/ and we will be plugging OCTO Cheesy

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 04:08:44 AM

looking good thus far, good work guys Smiley

thx peeps! have you burned your coins yet?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: