Bitcoin Forum
October 09, 2024, 03:22:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37828 times)
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:35:10 PM

sounds good. I'm only 6K away from 100K. Before the burn was announced I still had my original 11K mined from last year. never sold a one.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:37:44 PM

sounds good. I'm only 6K away from 100K. Before the burn was announced I still had my original 11K mined from last year. never sold a one.
Make sure you get then burned by midnight EST tonight Cheesy

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 10:19:07 PM

Getting close to midnight fellas. I should be home around 8. Don't forget to get them in before midnight so we can take a snapshot of the blockchain address.
hashbrown9000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:56:50 PM

well i have 100K coins but i think i must be the last hasher out there cause it's taking forever to clear the 120 confirms.  Still have 5K coins immature

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
hashbrown9000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:58:00 PM

Also, since daylight savings time was last night, it should be 12AM EDT, correct?

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
BeardedCouncil

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:59:29 PM

Well this might be a long few hours. I'm having the maximum transaction issue others have mentioned, my limit is 999.9999999 888 in a transaction and I've only got 300,000 to send across to my consolidated address before shipping off to burn. That'll teach me for going away for the weekend...
hashbrown9000

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:34:18 AM

damn. what version wallet are you using?

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
hashbrown9000

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:38:09 AM

I'll keep mining into the deep, dark night to make sure all the burns make it thru.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
BeardedCouncil

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:18:12 AM

1.8.0 I think, What's the latest version?

I've also had a look at my inputs, and even if I only try to send x amount from an input which can comfortably cover it it's still rejected... :-( *paste* type '999' click click rinse and repeat *yawn* (can you tell I'm getting bored yet?
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 01:46:49 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2015, 03:13:54 AM by OCTOPARTY

guys we may have a solution instead of sending in a ton of 999 transactions.

who knows what is causing the issue. Robert is looking at the issue right now.

i'd suggest taking screen shots of your octocoin wallet balances and addresses. we may have to just have you email those into us with proof of the amounts you were attempting to burn and your counterwallet address.

keep in mind. this is not an extension to keep mining after midnight and have more Octocoin to burn. we need to keep some honesty and the midnight deadline honest.

however, in this instance where miners were keeping us able to burn, it would not be fair if you guys couldn't burn. i totally thank you for keeping the blockchain going and want you to have the oppurtunity to receive your OCTO because the miners keeping the blockchain up the last few months deserve that.

octocoinburn@gmail.com and rross@foldingcoin.net

those are the addresses you will need to send your proof to if you cannot send octo transactions into the burn address or you cannot get over the 999. some of you have a large quanity of coins and that would be hundreds of transactions. who knows what that many transactions would do further to the network.

if we do this, then all emails of proof must be received before the burn deadline. this is not an extension. this is a prove what you have at your addresses and we will work with that.

if anyone has any better ideas, by all means, post them.

of course doing it this way means that we will have a total number of OCTO distributed that is a little higher than what the burn address can prove. but i'm pretty sure the posts and such document that this was happening along with the block chain that shows the 999 transactions. i know i had someone check and he could not send more than 999.
wartywarlock

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:56:12 AM

BC octo now sent to burn address, time for sleep (2AM UK time) 328k
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 01:57:38 AM

BC octo now sent to burn address, time for sleep (2AM UK time) 328k

sweet, so your transaction went through with the total amount? good, maybe it was just a network hiccup.
BeardedCouncil

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:58:11 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2015, 02:10:24 AM by BeardedCouncil

Well 2 hours in and I've got them into 1 address and in only 6 inputs. Managed to send the whole shabang to WartyWarlock, he's in the process of taking the burn steps so I think we should be ok. In case he has any issues the transaction ID proving our quantity of coins (me sending them to him) is dc22e3dcd41db8944363330aa3aaf79c8f128d2e8dca16b4ae56b46c398d8134 showing 324,000 ish coins. Hopefully he'll have it sorted asap, after all the deadline is a couple of hours to go and he's at work in 7 hours...

Thanks for the consideration though.

For anyone else having the small coins limit, I was changing stuff in the 'input' section of the send screen (I'll be honest I'm not entirely sure what I was doing as it's all kinda un-labled (such as the tick box and text box...?) but it worked...) My goal was to reduct the (vast) number of inputs in the wallet a la GWcalverts suggestion from a couple of pages ago.

EDIT: Hazaar, he beat me to it...
FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:10:01 AM

We have to do everything in our power to avoid having to take a screen shoot, or someones word for a burn. The whole point of the burn address is to have something provable that folks actually indeed did partake in the burn. Screen shoots can be altered via photo shop and other trust issues can come into place.

Not saying that any of you would, but you do have an old dev team that is probably watching this burn very closely and something like this would give an opportunity to exploit some issues. As long as Kris is up for it, i think anyone on here looking to do the burn throughout the night would be ok to work with me even past the deadline. I know how deadlines go, usually a lot of people wait until the end, espeially if you have kept mining before the burn. What are your thoughts kris? Can everyone work through the night with me, and once tthis night is over, consider all other requests for a burn void?

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 02:19:44 AM

We have to do everything in our power to avoid having to take a screen shoot, or someones word for a burn. The whole point of the burn address is to have something provable that folks actually indeed did partake in the burn. Screen shoots can be altered via photo shop and other trust issues can come into place.

Not saying that any of you would, but you do have an old dev team that is probably watching this burn very closely and something like this would give an opportunity to exploit some issues. As long as Kris is up for it, i think anyone on here looking to do the burn throughout the night would be ok to work with me even past the deadline. I know how deadlines go, usually a lot of people wait until the end, espeially if you have kept mining before the burn. What are your thoughts kris? Can everyone work through the night with me, and once tthis night is over, consider all other requests for a burn void?

I agree. As I said, the screen shots are a precaution to prove what you have. But think about it. IF the burn address shows 18 million or so and we issue 22 million, then it's a trust factor and not proof of the blockchain factor. The integrity of the burn is at risk doing it this way. I'm ok with an extension per se. And yes that would be a better option. But remember this, it's not an extension per se for you guys to add to your total coin coint. We have to think about the size of the burn being honestly what the deadline would have allowed.
FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:21:06 AM

I agree. As I said, the screen shots are a precaution to prove what you have. But think about it. IF the burn address shows 18 million or so and we issue 22 million, then it's a trust factor and not proof of the blockchain factor. The integrity of the burn is at risk doing it this way. I'm ok with an extension per se. And yes that would be a better option. But remember this, it's not an extension per se for you guys to add to your total coin coint. We have to think about the size of the burn being honestly what the deadline would have allowed.
Fair enough Cheesy

hashbrown9000

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:32:56 AM

tx id's have always worked for me when requesting coins during an ICO, or otherwise proving I've sent something to someone. It's on the blockchain so you really can't fake it.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:34:59 AM

tx id's have always worked for me when requesting coins during an ICO, or otherwise proving I've sent something to someone. It's on the blockchain so you really can't fake it.
True, thats what we are doing right now, going through the burn address and recording the tx ids for future verification, but we need someone to still send the 888 to the burn address for additional verification

mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 03:38:02 AM

Damn, all I can say is that you guys seriously ROCK!! Thanks doesn't even cut it, but thanks for all of your hard work man! Truly, truly, appreciated by me and others I am sure. Excellent!
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 03:48:16 AM

blockscan.com/assetInfo/OCTO  OCTO is now locked asset at 88.8 million tokens
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: