Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:34:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37805 times)
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 11:34:02 PM

New ad for FoldingCoin's website.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 12:44:16 AM

https://letstalkbitcoin. com/forum/post/octo-888-lottery-faucet

Go to the LTB forum and enter the OCTO 888 lottery faucet. Register for your account and reply to the post with your Counterparty address. Only one entry per LTB account please.

Please check out the OCTO and OCTOFAME forums while you are there. You have to link your addresses holding those tokens with your LTB account in order to see and post  on those two forums.
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 01:15:05 AM

New ad for FoldingCoin's website.

I got it on there Smiley Really good looking ad man, nice job!

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 01:38:15 AM

Thx. If you need any ads done I can help ya out in that department.
FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 01:39:53 AM

Thx. If you need any ads done I can help ya out in that department.
Wow, thats good to know Smiley if you would like i would love a better "Merged Folding" slide with all the token pictures on it. Let me know if you need the pictures of those tokens and that would be much appriciated!

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 02:45:44 AM

yeah, if you can shoot me better pics of the logos. did they not give you any vecror images? i mean i'll grab them if i have to but the .psd or .ai or .eps would be preferable. if you don't have those i'll ask them for them tomorrow and get it all set up.
FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 02:48:59 AM

yeah, if you can shoot me better pics of the logos. did they not give you any vecror images? i mean i'll grab them if i have to but the .psd or .ai or .eps would be preferable. if you don't have those i'll ask them for them tomorrow and get it all set up.
Actually it is mostly png and jpeg, some have better quality then others. no vec or ai, i could request them though, but i dont think POWC will have one

wartywarlock

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:04:37 AM

If you could shoot me a copy of all the relevant graphics too that would be appreciated.
FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:22:27 AM

Kris i just saved a couple of all the token pictures that i have in the OCTO shared google drive folder (i also included an FAH and CP picture if you would like to use those for anything) thanks again

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 11:51:39 AM

http://foldingcoin.net/octoparty/

curious about mining OCTO? check out the stats pages to see how much you could earn per day!

http://stats.foldingcoin.net/platformReports/OCTO/20150311-payoutReport.html

cabbage2014

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 02:00:32 PM

Out of interest whats the energy consumption mining Foldingcoin?  Is it pretty much the same as CPU/GPU mining scrypt or more efficient algos like x11? would be nice to have some stats on it:)  

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 03:18:00 PM

That's a question Robert may know. I'm sure the folding page for Stanford may have info.
FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:19:39 PM

Out of interest whats the energy consumption mining Foldingcoin?  Is it pretty much the same as CPU/GPU mining scrypt or more efficient algos like x11? would be nice to have some stats on it:)  
We would like to develop a way to track the electricity, however this is lower on the list at this point. But the energy consumption of FLOPS (this is the computational process that's used in FAH) is much less then the energy in HASHes, I actually was able to turn off my cooling system when I moved from mining to folding.

cabbage2014

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:28:33 PM

We would like to develop a way to track the electricity, however this is lower on the list at this point. But the energy consumption of FLOPS (this is the computational process that's used in FAH) is much less then the energy in HASHes, I actually was able to turn off my cooling system when I moved from mining to folding.

Thanks, thats good to know:) Reason being I have a Scrypt ASIC setup in family home with very cheap electro, but where I have my main PC its in appt and not so cheap.  Long term I might setup a mini-rig to mine folding/Octo remotely.   

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 05:34:17 PM

Can't do foldingcoin with an ASIC, only CPU-GPU

cabbage2014

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 05:52:42 PM

Can't do foldingcoin with an ASIC, only CPU-GPU

Yip I know:)  Thats why I was asking about energy consumption, as I operate asic remotely where I have cheaper electricity and it cant mine Folding, my PC is in location with higher costs.  I might setup a dedicated mainboard with a nice GPU to mine it at some stage tho and run it remotely, I have bits and pieces left from my old GPU rigs Foldingcoin and Octo could be a nice fit.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 08:16:41 PM

dang we are getting a great 1st day response on the OCTO 888 Lottery Faucet. Go sign up at LTB forum and sync your Counterwallet address.

The monthly faucet will give away a lottery amount of OCTO between 1-888. Tell your friends!
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:19:52 PM

Well, Ive been folding since the octo changeover, and I finally put changed my settings to receive OCTO.  But I haven't gotten any payouts yet?  Can someone check?
MY dashboard says I have 72,000 points.  Counterwallet address is 13f33D5Km4har8V9xiSv1ZFgDddBq6bwGV and I have Team Number set to 0.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 01:20:13 AM

It pays out monthly. So at the end of the month Robert will ask me for the OCTO we need to distribute that month.

You can see the stats on the foldingcoin stats page for OCTO:

http://foldingcoin.net/octoparty/

scroll down to payouts and statistics. i'm not sure what date he will pay out for March but I know we payout by the month. it's easier and cheaper. in the future we could switch to weekly, but we will need help in order to do that. we'll work that out down the line when i'm more stable here in florida. i think that may be soon. i had a really good graphic design interview today and if i get this job i'll be stable by the end of the month and i'll have some more time for planning. if we can get a person to take over distributing once a week so i don't have to do it, then it can happen. the problem is, to protect ourselves we would need to use multi-sig wallets so that whomever besides me is in charge cannot just take off with the OCTO to be distributed. I know counterparty has multi-sig but it's early stages and Robert warned we may want to wait. any volunteers who want to forma team of 3 to control the wallet and sign off on distribution, begin talking and planning now. but it may be a bit before it's implemented. we would like to go weekly in the future, especially whenever we are listed on exchanges so that folders won't miss out on the fluctuations of the market. we don't want folders to miss a good price to sell at or others to miss a good price to buy in at, at the exchanges.

please feel free to offer ideas on how we can make this happen. at this point with the move, job hunt, and all the OCTO stuff I am doing I just cannot commit to a once weekly distribution. at the same time, it's super risky to just send that many coins to someone to handle it. i think everyone here realizes the risk of someone having control of all the undistributed OCTO, including myself holding it. it's a lot of power and while i can promise and commit to you all day that i'm honest and won't screw you over, we have tools in place where that kind of trust is not needed Smiley we will utilize them when the time is right. the sooner the better because more eyes that get to OCTO, people will question my control of all the undistributed OCTO. i could screw everyone over right now, do i deserve to have all that power? does anyone? i don't think so. the sooner we can control OCTO will mult-sig the better. also, having another party besides OCTO may be beneficial at least for the amount committed to merged folding. if you have a 3 person team who sign off 2/3, then we could have a non 3rd party like Robert or one of his devs so that only 1/2 OCTO people have to be available per week to sign off and send for distribution. that way 2 people can rotate and not be responsible every single week. in the future as multi sig grows. we can add more people so that a team can rotate like 1/7 weeks or something a lot easier. and of course these guys who take on this task will earn some OCTO for participating in the community.

hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:46:14 AM

OK, the guides I was reading on FAH say the payments are daily, (maybe for other tokens, though) and it does seem that way looking at the OCTO stats. I'm going to try changing to _ALL_ just to see how everything works for the time being.

Does the team number and passkey matter for now? The way I read it, it does not, just for getting tokens in the counterwallet.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: