Bitcoin Forum
September 05, 2024, 02:34:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37816 times)
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:41:26 AM

I get this when I try to access my wallet

failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: get_normalized_balances; Last error: JSON-RPC Error:

Type: Server error

Code: -32000

Message: Bad status code returned: '503'. result body: '{"message": "Server error", "code": -32000, "data": "Counterparty database is behind backend."}'.

Can anyone decipher for me? Thanks!
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 12:43:21 PM

I get this when I try to access my wallet

failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: get_normalized_balances; Last error: JSON-RPC Error:

Type: Server error

Code: -32000

Message: Bad status code returned: '503'. result body: '{"message": "Server error", "code": -32000, "data": "Counterparty database is behind backend."}'.

Can anyone decipher for me? Thanks!

That happens sometimes. Counterwallet has issues sometimes. You'll see server errors like that sometimes since it's an online wallet. Has anyone here tried the desktop wallet yet?
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:31:08 PM

I tried downloading and running it on my win7 machine, but the installer errors out with a message "not supported on this processor type".  I am running 32 bit windows, so it's probably for 64 bit installs

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 01:16:46 AM

I tried downloading and running it on my win7 machine, but the installer errors out with a message "not supported on this processor type".  I am running 32 bit windows, so it's probably for 64 bit installs

i bet it is. luckily i have a 64 bit processor. i just need a open air stand to put it together.
mafort1469

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:11:27 AM

Ok, online wallet all good. I downloaded the desktop wallet but can't get it to work. It is beyond me. Can someone who has it working please post explicit instructions of how to make it work? I would appreciate it greatly!! Thank you.
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:03:18 PM

Ok, online wallet all good. I downloaded the desktop wallet but can't get it to work. It is beyond me. Can someone who has it working please post explicit instructions of how to make it work? I would appreciate it greatly!! Thank you.

The desktop wallet is still in beta and i would not recommend anyone use it who is not tech savy. However it should work as long as you also have the BTC blockchain on your desktop. Do you have the BTC QT client installed? If not install it and wait for the blockchain to sync and you will be able to use the counterparty desktop gui.

On a side note, a better online wallet has been released, you should check out this chrome extension https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSbsZLAWT28

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 10:16:18 PM

Ahhh so you have to have the QT client. Well that's awesome. I need to get the QT anyways. I did not want to use the QT on my macbook because of the size of the blockchain. However, when I build out this desktop, I planned on installing QT anyways.
hashbrown9000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:34:32 PM

yeah, i got rid of my btc wallet last year once it hit 20 GB. Toooo big!

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 10:19:00 PM

Yeah it's so damn big. When I get that PC set up though I will do it just so I can test the wallet. Luckily it's a 500 GB hard drive and it will be a fresh install with nothing else installed on it.

FoldingCoin

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:24:36 AM

Yeah it's so damn big. When I get that PC set up though I will do it just so I can test the wallet. Luckily it's a 500 GB hard drive and it will be a fresh install with nothing else installed on it.

Hopefully a good solution is met for the blockchain, because if bitcoin does 10,000 transactions pper minute like visa does, you are looking at TB per week

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
hashbrown9000

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:32:20 AM

hmmm, 10K transactions per min with 10 minute block times? is that possible?

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
FoldingCoin

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:06:10 PM

Well remember, one big misconception is that a block needs to finish in order to fully complete a merchant to customer transaction. What I mean is this:

- in almost every case, if you are spending a small amount such as $100 at a store, the merchant should feel comfortable allowing you to leave after sending because the chances of the transaction not being confirmed are very slim. The blockchain can very easily tell a double spend almost instantly, and one would probably not try and double spend a small transaction but rather a larger one (this bullet is somewhat opinion of me)

- using services like coinbase that can confirm BTC is there through internal databases are going to be essential for BTC adoption so transactions can be confirmed quickly and efficiently (or other off chain services like circle)

- I personally do not think that the block confirmation time is an issue for BTC, nor do I believe the %51 attack is an issue, the biggest concern I see is the blockchain size

FoldingCoin

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:09:16 PM

And I just reread what you said, at the time no. Blocks are limited to 1MB which would not nearly be enough, this can be adjusted though over time. It has not been adjusted yet because it has not been an issue yet. There are plenty of other chains like synero that have much larger blocks. BTC devs just need to make the change and the miners need to accept the changes. It won't be an issue to do this

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 08:49:47 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/nevada-regulators-bitcoin-poker-operator-arrest/

and this is why we are staying away from gambling including poker. i'm very libertarian/anarchist but i don't plan on going to prison over bs like this. luckily i do think most people will see the value in what we have planned when details are released.

don't forget to sign up for the 888 Lottery Faucet if you are new to OCTO. you will see the link in my signature. it's your chance to receive between 1-888 OCTO at the end of the month.

still waiting for thegrid.io invitation to get the website started.
mafort1469

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 01:54:23 AM

and this is why we are staying away from gambling including poker. i'm very libertarian/anarchist but i don't plan on going to prison over bs like this. luckily i do think most people will see the value in what we have planned when details are released.

don't forget to sign up for the 888 Lottery Faucet if you are new to OCTO. you will see the link in my signature. it's your chance to receive between 1-888 OCTO at the end of the month.

Hello. I hope things are progressing nicely. I too would like to see what is the story on thegrid.io. Any updates?
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 02:18:58 AM

Hello. I hope things are progressing nicely. I too would like to see what is the story on thegrid.io. Any updates?

none yet. the plan is to test the marketing site on thegrid. if it works i'll use it. if it doesn't, i will move theoctoparty.com to one of my thegrid websites and use squarespace for the marketing site. it will take some testing either way. thegrid.io says they are launching to the public by june but some can receive early access in may depending on when they purchased. i bought thegrid at like #27000 or so. so that's not too promising but possible. thegrid twitter post said they would roll it out to a few thousand per day but that's all i have to go on.

for now, i have bought domain names for the marketing site. the goal is to launch the site so that i can have some extra income besides the part time job and also fund the building of the working demo. i still have some issues with that because all the devs i have spoken with are somewhat interested and have the basic skills to at least get the demo working. however, they all want to be paid.

i have considered another option besides straight up recruiting devs. i thought about launching a DCO on Swarm.

https://swarm.fund/

https://medium.com/@rubenalexander/creating-your-own-distributed-collaborative-organization-f443bc686335

the only issue with this is that it would treat paying people working on OCTO as receiving equity kind of. i don't know if that's the best route to go. i mean really anyone who has OCTO now or any devs we pay in OCTO is kind of holding equity in the form of we hope the need for OCTO drives up the price so that we receive a return.

that is all for now. i'm still going to continue searching for devs. i'll have the April payouts this weekend.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 03:09:37 PM

well somebody bought a chunk of OCTO this morning.

FoldingCoin

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:19:49 PM

well somebody bought a chunk of OCTO this morning.

That is great to see! Maybe you will see some more volume after the distribution today Cheesy

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 08:04:11 PM

I don't suspect we will see a lot of volume until the first project is in motion. However, I'm always curious to know what causes the spikes we've had so far.

Let me know when to send you the distro. Thanks!
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 10:04:46 PM

https://youtu.be/2SsqQKP9tw8

OCTO 888 Lottery Faucet Video Blog. Subscribe on Youtube.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: