Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:34:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ECASH]E-Money Advertising Revenue In Wallet | 8% Daily Stake for 21 days  (Read 91427 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:42:24 AM

I think everyone is much calmer now you have returned. The most beneficial thing to do is to give everything to Igotspots. He knows what to do to get everything fixed, and his name alone will raise the price. I thank you for staying and working through a difficult situation. Thank you.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:43:38 AM

E-coin dev, Im a little calmer now you have returned. Ok, so, lets work forward to a solution. Sounds like Bittrex is attempting to massive stake to move the blockchain forward. Im willing to wait patiently for that. ok. My question is, if Igotspots wishes to take control of the coin will you allow him permission? If you state yes here, and then you dont return, then atleast we have it in writing your permission for Igotspots to take over this coin at anytime. Im sorry to get excited, but I have over 200,000 of these coins, and I have seen time and time again devs build a coin and disappear.

Thanks
Vegas

Yes I have private message to him offering to transition this.  My intention is not to run away after creating mess.  My solution right now I post a couple times:

Bittrex stake with 2.5 million weight

Offer to delete github account after new developer clone code and make changes with new github

Update OP as needing

Blame me not Bittrex

Leave premine with OCminer to try and give to new dev, or burn.

Not run away until major issues fixed

^ I ask that you give this plan 48 hours

-----

I will like to keep this bitcointalk account and stay part of community, but with lost trust and everyone mad at me i will most likely just say nice things.  

You need to stop being mad although, most developer just run away when everyone see negatives.

Things happen, and I commend you for owning up to it and taking action. Thanks for making this an easy transition to the new Dev
ldp5500

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:43:46 AM

No matter who takes over the coin, must have a clear direction, otherwise no value.
emoney-dev (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:44:51 AM

Remember other developers who dump premine and vanish?  Not me, I give it away and mine like everyone else.  Making the coin too fair backfired though, and im sorry.
McKnight

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:53:00 AM

I think that igotspots should takeover being a more experienced dev, but also emoney-dev should also have a say as he had different ideas of where the coin is going with the advertising!

Surely this would work best if we all worked together and stopped squabbling.
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:53:20 AM

I think this may have been your first coin. I was wrong about you, I see you DO have integrity, and THAT is more important than knowledge. That being said , maybe in the future with more experience maybe try another coin, because devs with honesty and integrity are VERY hard to find, I think there are about 5 total. Now, if you decide to make another coin, youll stand out for your integrity, and perhaps have a more experienced dev at your side as you code and have him look over things before code is released. Perhaps share the premine with them to clean the code before release.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:53:37 AM

Richie has shown maturity regarding the issue at hand. It is much better for a takeover to be a handover as it sorts out all sorts of potential complications.

Spots has showed maturity by rising to the occasion when the community was in need. Since he has no stake in this, and did not ask for any compensation, he can set the conditions for his assistance. His conditions make perfect sense as it will make the coin code errors go away, improve compatibility with his other existing smooth running coins, improve performance of the coin, remove the premine which is normally a bane due to human nature and lastly reduce administration. Spots' conditions therefore cover people, process and technlogy to provide overall enhancement in the systems' integrity, performance, robustness and resilience.

The dev showed maturity by pitching up and owning up to his mistakes and not just disappearing. as current owner of the coin, it is his right to come up with a plan to fix the situation - actually, it is his job to come up with a plan as "MD".

A lot can be said about his plan, because the code has been proven to be poorly written and will take a lot of effort to fix existing code. The basics principle of design is that the later in the process an application is fixed the more expensive it is and the bigger the operational and production impact. The best way to get good applications is to design good code upfront. There is a lot of positives that can be said about rather just use a whole new code base using the principles of something that exist already that works, hence Spots' recommendation to use his existing genesis block. Using the Spots genesis block also means that there is no more premine by design. I would call the current dev's plan plan B since it is clear that the code has to be re-written anyways even if the staking does cause the chain to move again because the blocks would move but the design is flawed and will not execute according to the business requirements.

Plan A will have to happen, but there is perhaps a way to meet in the middle. Maybe the current dev's skills are in advertising since that is the business objectives he tried to push and enable through the coin tech. It has been proven conclusively that coding is not his skill. My suggestion is for the current dev to be "MD" and Spots to be "CIO". Spots would have full control and rights over the technical aspects of the coin including coding, merging, compatibility and staking on his nifty staking hardware devices etc. The current dev can focus on the business plans of advertising where his strengths lie, subject to the technical decisions and parameters of Spots' new chain. A new development fund can be created by the community by upfront agreement and serve the same purpose of the old premine and be held in escrow - it was not that large anyways. Creating the development fund can be done when the coins are swopped and taxing each swopout with 1-2% and could perhaps be implemented by Bittrex if they do the swopout to coins on the new fixed Spots chain.
Cobra

Activity: 289

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:56:05 AM

Remember other developers who dump premine and vanish?  Not me, I give it away and mine like everyone else.  Making the coin too fair backfired though, and im sorry.

In the OP you mentioned a beta of the ad system in 3 weeks. Are you planning to do this work yourself or outsource it? The pre-mine would likely not go very far for the Dev work needed.
Most importantly......do you have the resources to see this through as it sounds like it will require a great deal of time. It would be much more challenging if you are working on it on the side or when time permits. If you cannot follow through with the plan in the OP for whatever reason letting it go to someone else may be best.

I agree with above, a clear direction is very important for many. (not all that may only be in it for 21 days or less)
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:57:52 AM

I agree 1000% , I think e-money devs skills are in advertising and promotions, and I think he will promote it very well. He did the hardest thing, and that was to return to many angry people and a mess, and own up to it. So, it proves he can be trusted to stand by this coin, and have Igotspots as dev. I think its a great combo.

Vegas

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:59:04 AM

In the OP you mentioned a beta of the ad system in 3 weeks. Are you planning to do this work yourself or outsource it? The pre-mine would likely not go very far for the Dev work needed.
Most importantly......do you have the resources to see this through as it sounds like it will require a great deal of time. It would be much more challenging if you are working on it on the side or when time permits. If you cannot follow through with the plan in the OP for whatever reason letting it go to someone else may be best.

I agree with above, a clear direction is very important for many. (not all that may only be in it for 21 days or less)

Bittrex is gonna massive stake this coin, I wonder where those coins go? Could they be released to OCminer for premine, and used for promotions?

Vegas

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 05:03:23 AM

Thx for speedy reply, Richie @ Bittrex

Also, I vote +100 for spots to take control of this coin asap.

I doubt spots wants to take on the initial goals of this with the advertising system.  That is the one thing that makes this at least a little unique, otherwise there are many other similar coins out there to choose from. People will not hold this for the 8% annual if clear plans for the future are not in place.......including a Dev to see this through.

Due to the lack of communication and POS mistakes I would vote spots as well but concerned with the long-term plan for it in general. At least the original Dev had a vision for it but may have not had the skills to see it through.

Correct. I made that very clear earlier that I thought it was pointless to fix it the 'plan man' is gone

Cobra

Activity: 289

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:06:51 AM

Remember other developers who dump premine and vanish?  Not me, I give it away and mine like everyone else.  Making the coin too fair backfired though, and im sorry.

Bittrex is gonna massive stake this coin, I wonder where those coins go? Could they be released to OCminer for premine, and used for promotions?

Vegas

I agree that if the trio of originalDev/spots/ocminer can work together it is a great combination.  If spots does take on some Dev work he certainly deserves some of the stake/pre-mine.  From what was said previously even if the coins at Bittrex do stake there were other things wrong and it really could use some basic maintenance regardless. Who will be responsible for future updates etc.  If the original Dev stays involved it would still probably be beneficial to the coin if spots can be involved as well. Future updates will be necessary for adding the other longterm ad related features.
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:14:15 AM

I agree that if the trio of originalDev/spots/ocminer can work together it is a great combination.  If spots does take on some Dev work he certainly deserves some of the stake/pre-mine.  From what was said previously even if the coins at Bittrex do stake there were other things wrong and it really could use some basic maintenance regardless. Who will be responsible for future updates etc.  If the original Dev stays involved it would still probably be beneficial to the coin if spots can be involved as well. Future updates will be necessary for adding the other longterm ad related features.

Whatever is chosen in the end, has to be based on a new chain that works from the base up and in all scenarios it is not worth it to just fix or amend the existing code. This will be the least effort for Spots currently and for future enchancements and ensure that the coin uses tried and tested technology.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 05:52:45 AM

If someone else can fix what you guys have, please feel free. I mean that. I just can't figure out what is fucked up with the modifiers or if difficulty is the problem (which I would imagine a block would be found by now, especially with being unable to move them if that was the the case)

I wish I could figure it out, but I can't, and if I am going to take something new on long term, it has to be using a base I'm familiar with and am comfortable modifying later on for fixes. In my coins, I know where everything is and what it does. In this one, I'm smart enough to admit that the breadcrumbs of symptoms are not leading a clear path to diagnosing the root issue...for me at least

sly5am

Activity: 582
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:00:18 AM

Remember other developers who dump premine and vanish?  Not me, I give it away and mine like everyone else.  Making the coin too fair backfired though, and im sorry.

Vegas

Its probably not going to work, but they need to get this coin either going by trying to get it to stake with this redulously high diff. If that happens staking will not be an issue,  once that happens they can maybe get it to start pow again, and then at a future time not to far, end the pow properly and start the proof of stake right.

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:13:43 AM

Its probably not going to work, but they need to get this coin either going by trying to get it to stake with this redulously high diff. If that happens staking will not be an issue,  once that happens they can maybe get it to start pow again, and then at a future time not to far, end the pow properly and start the proof of stake right.

If the new code base is not used, then many people might step away from the coin including Spots which might just kill the coin off. There is more to the errors than just getting it to stake, which has been proven by the review. Who wants to be involved with a coin with poor code?
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:25:25 AM

If someone else can fix what you guys have, please feel free. I mean that. I just can't figure out what is fucked up with the modifiers or if difficulty is the problem (which I would imagine a block would be found by now, especially with being unable to move them if that was the the case)

I wish I could figure it out, but I can't, and if I am going to take something new on long term, it has to be using a base I'm familiar with and am comfortable modifying later on for fixes. In my coins, I know where everything is and what it does. In this one, I'm smart enough to admit that the breadcrumbs of symptoms are not leading a clear path to diagnosing the root issue...for me at least

Spots, what CAN we try to get this working? You mentioned a new chain, and a few other ideas that involved 2 wallet swaps. The original E-money dev has already stated in writing on this thread that he grants you permission to take control of this coin, so Richie can see that, and it wont be an issue. Can we TRY something, even it we have to jump through a few hoops and a couple of wallet swaps, because if you cant fix it, there is no way the E-money dev can. I know you are connected to other devs, is there anyone that comes to mind that might be able to help?

Vegas

kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:30:19 AM

I think the idea of keeping the original Dev is a necessity and it would be a good idea to have him collaborate with a coder that desires to work on it... IGotSpots may not want to continue because of the coding flaws, if he does Great. 

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:34:10 AM

I think the idea of keeping the original Dev is a necessity and it would be a good idea to have him collaborate with a coder that desires to work on it... IGotSpots may not want to continue because of the coding flaws, if he does Great.  

Spots what about cleaning up the code the best you can and lowering the POS difficulty and releasing a new beta wallet? Also bittrex is not staking the coin anymore. Wasnt the plan supposed to be Bittrex to massive stake the coin to get the chain going again?

Some ideas..

1. Starting pow again? Will this help?
2. A coin swap into one of your base clones?

Vegas

najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:39:00 AM

Spots what about cleaning up the code the best you can and lowering the POS difficulty and releasing a new beta wallet? Also bittrex is not staking the coin anymore. Wasnt the plan supposed to be Bittrex to massive stake the coin to get the chain going again?

Some ideas..

1. Starting pow again? Will this help?
2. A coin swap into one of your base clones?

Vegas
vegas, its already been said that we'll try the easiest choice first , letting bittrex stake.
if that doesnt work , igotspots will fork the coin hopefully.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: