Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:33:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ECASH]E-Money Advertising Revenue In Wallet | 8% Daily Stake for 21 days  (Read 91429 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:30:29 PM

Dev, about that block explorer...
kiddi822

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:35:21 PM

The wallet stakes even if its locked? Why?

https://i.imgur.com/WUWd23q.png

Can you post a bit bigger screenshot of that lock, also post the message if you hover with your mouse over the lock.

i have 1055 confrmations on my coins in the wallet but it still says : not staking because you don´t have mature coins :/ what can be wrong ??
plast555

Activity: 951
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:43:40 PM

Can you post a bit bigger screenshot of that lock, also post the message if you hover with your mouse over the lock.

i have 1055 confrmations on my coins in the wallet but it still says : not staking because you don´t have mature coins :/ what can be wrong ??

24h coin mature !!!
kiddi822

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:46:17 PM

https://i.imgur.com/WUWd23q.png

24h coin mature !!!

yes okey.. thanks Smiley
plast555

Activity: 951
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:48:49 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 06:59:18 PM by plast555

24h coin mature !!!

yes okey.. thanks Smiley

and can be few min more Wink
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 06:49:09 PM

I just want to explain the Proof of Stake system to the best of my abilities.  I will ask IPOminer.com to verify that what I say has merit, he knows very much about this system.

Your network weight is gaining regardless, and you will begin to compete with the PoW blocks more competitively.  The 42 day max stake age makes it so there is your maximum weight distributed over 6 weeks, if that had been 6 days you would gather more weight faster and compete harder.  This does not mean you are losing on coins because you are all competing for coin age (weight) and this will eventually be strong enough to overtake some PoW blocks.

In our testing of this coin we did not have such pentahash power, we used some rental and Bitmantech Antmining S3.  I will think about forking this coin, but I have never tested to see if coin age gets reset after a fork.  We did not take that into consideration during testing.  We put 6 week max coin age because we know in your real world lives sometimes things come unexpected and you may have to leave your computer for up to a month and we thought it would be fair to not punish that.

If everyone would like to fork, and if other blockchain professional knows if coin age does not get reset during fork, I will give you all notice so that you can get all your coins into compiled wallets, probably 1 full day.

Just noticed "difficulty" : 0.06249911, so starting difficulty for PoS was set much higher than usual.  Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, it's just that no one has a clue now as to when PoS can actually start working.  If you did test the code and had POW/POS successfully running concurrently, then maybe there isn't anything to worry about.

It seems with the high PoS starting difficulty and a PoW difficulty adjustment algo that appears to rapidly adjust upwards, you have attempted to prevent insta-mining and giving those who caught this at launch too much of an advantage.  Maybe in the end the issue is that parameters you have chosen are more fair than usual, which is a good thing.  I was counting on more of the same and planned on hoarding a bunch of coins on day one and yanking a hundred PoW blocks away from miners everyday.  It appears my plan isn't going to work though.

We did this on purpose to defeat major instamining and make coin fair, but it is making staking blocks too difficult.  It was a double edged sword, this coin is very good to mine because dirty developer didn't take 5% in first minutes but now the pos blocks have too much maximum age and too high difficulty to stake.  This requires a fork to fix, i will think about it.  I now know the POS will work and the code isn't bad, but like poster before me said, it might take until POW is over to kick in.

The only issue here is that we wanted 8% daily stake not to cause massive buying, but so that people without mining hardware could buy coin early or rent some hash and achieve some rewards until the big advertising campaign starts.  We did everything we could to make this fair; High starting difficulty and premine escrow.  The 8% daily stake for 3 weeks was another idea but our testing did not show this as a problem.  I don't think this means everything is a fail now, there is no malicious intent or otherwise devious plan and you guys are gaining weight.

Once a coin is launched, I take the philosophy that changing it's initial parameters should be avoided if at all possible.  I view the genesis block as a contract between the dev, miners, and investors.  The chosen parameters and code were there for anyone to review if they wanted to.  So the fact that I (and surely others) invested by renting mining rigs and buying some on bittrex, with the intent of compounding interest every day and choking off the supply to miners as much as possible by removing PoW blocks, shouldn't factor into the decision.  The ANN even states there will be 3-5 million PoW coins by the end of mining, so no promises were made on the total supply.  It seems that the code is solid and PoS will kick in eventually, we just need to wait.  

On the other hand, coins live and die based on the support of their communities.  A lot of people may get pissed off and abandon the coin if they need to wait a few more days for PoS to kick in.  Alienating investors and the community is bad when it comes to any coin, but can be deadly to one this young.  So if community consensus says they want something done, it may be wise to do so.  Possibly just moving the starting PoS difficulty down a bit would be all that is needed?

My opinion, fuck it, let it ride.  I'll wait, but I'm not the only voice here.
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:55:50 PM

if u change anything just change min coin age than u get 2x the coins on the network increasing weight giving pos a fighting chance

im not just saying this because i dumped high and bought back low. well not entirely.  i really think that if u change something than change just that leaving the major parameters unchanged, doubt anyone will bitch and it would cause a spike in price i am sure

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:02:24 PM

This makes me think of:

Free drinks for all! (but you must fly to the moon to get it)

POS of 8% per day! (but you must first solve a block to get it)  Grin
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:09:54 PM

Just cut pow off right now and get coins staking.
why ? there's really no reason to do so : l
when people invested in this coin , they took into consideration when pow would end etc , we cant just remove it.

Are you afraid because you already dump ?
You'll have to buy back more expensive.

~global research~
ROFL , you're obviously not understanding the point. a currency should be decentralized dev shouldnt be able to just remove pow just like that.

I prefer POW to continue, unless the consensus is that it is needed to be cut short, because staking faster was so important or something. The dev already was going to fork/change to 8% annually in 3 weeks, so this is the early formation process and clearly still centralized at this stage to a point, and not the later decentralized one. (if all goes well)

I want to mine it, and I want my 8% daily stake.

rhkazani1

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:10:36 PM

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:13:23 PM

Interesting.
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:15:20 PM

I just want to explain the Proof of Stake system to the best of my abilities.  I will ask IPOminer.com to verify that what I say has merit, he knows very much about this system.

Your network weight is gaining regardless, and you will begin to compete with the PoW blocks more competitively.  The 42 day max stake age makes it so there is your maximum weight distributed over 6 weeks, if that had been 6 days you would gather more weight faster and compete harder.  This does not mean you are losing on coins because you are all competing for coin age (weight) and this will eventually be strong enough to overtake some PoW blocks.

In our testing of this coin we did not have such pentahash power, we used some rental and Bitmantech Antmining S3.  I will think about forking this coin, but I have never tested to see if coin age gets reset after a fork.  We did not take that into consideration during testing.  We put 6 week max coin age because we know in your real world lives sometimes things come unexpected and you may have to leave your computer for up to a month and we thought it would be fair to not punish that.

If everyone would like to fork, and if other blockchain professional knows if coin age does not get reset during fork, I will give you all notice so that you can get all your coins into compiled wallets, probably 1 full day.

Just noticed "difficulty" : 0.06249911, so starting difficulty for PoS was set much higher than usual.  Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, it's just that no one has a clue now as to when PoS can actually start working.  If you did test the code and had POW/POS successfully running concurrently, then maybe there isn't anything to worry about.

It seems with the high PoS starting difficulty and a PoW difficulty adjustment algo that appears to rapidly adjust upwards, you have attempted to prevent insta-mining and giving those who caught this at launch too much of an advantage.  Maybe in the end the issue is that parameters you have chosen are more fair than usual, which is a good thing.  I was counting on more of the same and planned on hoarding a bunch of coins on day one and yanking a hundred PoW blocks away from miners everyday.  It appears my plan isn't going to work though.

We did this on purpose to defeat major instamining and make coin fair, but it is making staking blocks too difficult.  It was a double edged sword, this coin is very good to mine because dirty developer didn't take 5% in first minutes but now the pos blocks have too much maximum age and too high difficulty to stake.  This requires a fork to fix, i will think about it.  I now know the POS will work and the code isn't bad, but like poster before me said, it might take until POW is over to kick in.

The only issue here is that we wanted 8% daily stake not to cause massive buying, but so that people without mining hardware could buy coin early or rent some hash and achieve some rewards until the big advertising campaign starts.  We did everything we could to make this fair; High starting difficulty and premine escrow.  The 8% daily stake for 3 weeks was another idea but our testing did not show this as a problem.  I don't think this means everything is a fail now, there is no malicious intent or otherwise devious plan and you guys are gaining weight.

Once a coin is launched, I take the philosophy that changing it's initial parameters should be avoided if at all possible.  I view the genesis block as a contract between the dev, miners, and investors.  The chosen parameters and code were there for anyone to review if they wanted to.  So the fact that I (and surely others) invested by renting mining rigs and buying some on bittrex, with the intent of compounding interest every day and choking off the supply to miners as much as possible by removing PoW blocks, shouldn't factor into the decision.  The ANN even states there will be 3-5 million PoW coins by the end of mining, so no promises were made on the total supply.  It seems that the code is solid and PoS will kick in eventually, we just need to wait.  

On the other hand, coins live and die based on the support of their communities.  A lot of people may get pissed off and abandon the coin if they need to wait a few more days for PoS to kick in.  Alienating investors and the community is bad when it comes to any coin, but can be deadly to one this young.  So if community consensus says they want something done, it may be wise to do so.  Possibly just moving the starting PoS difficulty down a bit would be all that is needed?

My opinion, fuck it, let it ride.  I'll wait, but I'm not the only voice here.

I pretty much agree, lower the POS difficulty if that is what is needed, regardless, I will keep mining and see what happens. Ending POW is ok with me as well, but I have a lot of coins. /shrug

rhkazani1

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:18:54 PM

Interesting.

I thought the Dev would reply but he has been replying to other posts but ignoring this....not a big deal but why?
CryptoClub
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:23:13 PM

Interesting.

I thought the Dev would reply but he has been replying to other posts but ignoring this....not a big deal but why?

My coins are not old enough to test, but maybe unlocked just for staking? Seen that on some POS 2.0 coins. Just a guess.

WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 08:19:41 PM

Cutting PoW right now would most likely kill the coin and it would disappear into mediocrity.  All of this type of talk is not helping either.  I believe the dev has given the direction the coin is going and we need to stick to that. Just my 2 satoshis.
wurstgelee

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:29:03 PM

Simply relax and wait. Once the first PoS blocks have been staked the PoS diff will adjust. All we need is some patience. Wink

SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 08:35:32 PM

if u change anything just change min coin age than u get 2x the coins on the network increasing weight giving pos a fighting chance

im not just saying this because i dumped high and bought back low. well not entirely.  i really think that if u change something than change just that leaving the major parameters unchanged, doubt anyone will bitch and it would cause a spike in price i am sure

I already voiced my opinion above, but if anything is changed it should be the starting POS difficulty and not min coin age.  Min coin age won't change much anyway.  All the people who are currently trying to stake still won't be staking, and it will just allow a bunch of coins that will have low weight anyway to mature.  Plus, it further punishes those who decided to not move their coins to dump on bittrex when the price was spiking because they wanted to stake and didn't want to lose coin age.

wurstgelee

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:37:32 PM

I already voiced my opinion above, but if anything is changed it should be the starting POS difficulty and not min coin age.  Min coin age won't change much anyway.  All the people who are currently trying to stake still won't be staking, and it will just allow a bunch of coins that will have low weight anyway to mature.  Plus, it further punishes those who decided to not move their coins to dump on bittrex when the price was spiking because they wanted to stake and didn't want to lose coin age.

+1

MickGhee
Legendary

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:47:50 PM

after looking at the qt i have no doubt this coin will work i see things that i see from qt.s that always moon: fatal ERROR ON LAUNCH IS GOOD SIGN

I RECOGNIZE OTHER THINGS TOO THAT GIVE ME 100% CONFIDENCE

god i am so geeky i think i know who

MickGhee
Legendary

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:50:24 PM

its a really good wallet bro!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: