Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:51:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 [1244] 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916328 times)
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 03:13:02 PM

S5 is a new product. Also in a string design... Who knows, maybe there will be similiar issues with poping packages and fires...

If so you better believe they will be working with us day 1 an issue happens. Also Bitmain has released a lot more gear than AM has...they are more experienced.
Lot more you say?
USB Block Erupter, Block Erupter, something mini (don't remember what was that), Tube, Prisma, Prisma 2.0 - six what I can remember. Maybe someone will add to this list.
Antminer: S1, S2, S3, S3+, S4, S5 - six...

EDIT: And propably those blades that was going to submerge cooling facilities where different than normal Block Erupters.

Bitmain sold more than those.. U3 (USB Miner), That pod miner (not sure the model), L1 (Scrypt). You really think AM sells anywhere near the amount of miners that Bitmain does? AM sold a lot early on then not much there after. Plus most of what AM sold were simple USB miners..a lot less can go wrong with those..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:14:23 PM

S5 is a new product. Also in a string design... Who knows, maybe there will be similiar issues with poping packages and fires...

If so you better believe they will be working with us day 1 an issue happens. Also Bitmain has released a lot more gear than AM has...they are more experienced.
Lot more you say?
USB Block Erupter, Block Erupter, something mini (don't remember what was that), Tube, Prisma, Prisma 2.0 - six what I can remember. Maybe someone will add to this list.

EDIT: And propably those blades that was going to submerge cooling facilities where different than normal Block Erupters.

Bitmain sold more than those.. U3 (USB Miner), That pod miner (not sure the model), L1 (Scrypt). You really think AM sells anywhere near the amount of miners that Bitmain does? AM sold a lot early on then not much there after.

i've a feeling that the S5 is going to go the same way.. the blind loyals will buy batch1 then not much else

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 03:17:25 PM

Lot more you say?

Bitmain sold more than those.. U3 (USB Miner), That pod miner (not sure the model), L1 (Scrypt). You really think AM sells anywhere near the amount of miners that Bitmain does? AM sold a lot early on then not much there after.

i've a feeling that the S5 is going to go the same way.. the blind loyals will buy batch1 then not much else

The only hardware that has dropped lately that I am impressed with is SP-Tech. I used to not bother due to their prices, but now they are getting competitive. If AM can release a working Prisma 2.0 that doesn't have issues and they support it...it should do well.

EDIT: Selling miners in general is fading out anyways..
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7969

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:18:24 PM

Lot more you say?

Bitmain sold more than those.. U3 (USB Miner), That pod miner (not sure the model), L1 (Scrypt). You really think AM sells anywhere near the amount of miners that Bitmain does? AM sold a lot early on then not much there after. Plus most of what AM sold were simple USB miners..a lot less can go wrong with those..

They sold pre-orders for the L1 scrypt.  The L1 scrypt miner is dead.  Not delivered.  Yet to be refunded.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 03:19:26 PM

Lot more you say?

They sold pre-orders for the L1 scrypt.  The L1 scrypt miner is dead.  Not delivered.  Yet to be refunded.

I was shocked they bothered to make a Scrypt miner..
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 03:22:00 PM

I tend to give AM a hard time due to my experiences with them, but I really do hope they can release a good product this time. I like the idea of AM they just need to fix a few things. I just do not get why they can not get a Marketing guy and some support setup for their products. Most companies struggle with making a product and the others parts are simple. AM has the exact opposite problems..
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:31:33 PM

This company's rating has been updated in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread.

[This message won't be monitored, discuss any concerns in the thread.]

I gotta say this is a tad uncalled for... FC has communicated more than ever (well except for the funding and early gen 1 period) over the last weeks or so. The 1/10 points at communication deserve at least something better Cheesy

Have a look through any of the product threads. Its been the same thing repeated for months and months, bad communication, customer support, technical support and impossible to get hold of anyone. It goes on for pages and pages and pages and pages across all the threads.

I think what dogie is confusing here is the difference between a product manufacturer and an interent formus user.
When you purchase an item from a manufacturer, they do not have a duty to be on hand 24/7 on a related, but separate from their own sales platform forum.
I do think dogie has been slightly harsh and I can actually see a h/w race which is pretty much neck-and-neck-and-neck-and-neck at the moment.

The real problem is that one user "Doggie" has so much power and influence over "ratings" - since he is the only one rating these companies it seems.  You can't really blame him for providing a service.  Since he's the only one, he becomes a bit of a dictator in a community that respects "decentralization", not tyranny.  The obvious solution would be for other Doggies to emerge and do their own ratings.   A better solution would be to set something up where the rating is a transparent forumula that takes as it's input ratings of various users.   Doggie's thread, and the way he can play God and make or break a company, always seemed ridiculously authoritarian and incompatible with bitcoin principals of democracy and plurality, etc.    
I mean, even if Doggie is a saint today; what's to stop him from selling his account to Spoondoolies or someone?  Centralization is not good.  Neither is authoritarianism.   Distrust anyone who decides to become an "authority".  Sorry Doggie, you seem like an all right guy, but I can't support what your doing.

You make a valid argument though I wonder how many others would willingly take this task without the promise of remuneration?

Is dogie doing all these without remuneration ? I guess I have seen manufacturers sending him miner for free for a review. I might have been mistaken... so please correct me if I am wrong.

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7969

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:26:46 PM

This company's rating has been updated in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread.

I gotta say this is a tad uncalled for... FC has communicated more than ever (well except for the funding and early gen 1 period) over the last weeks or so. The 1/10 points at communication deserve at least something better Cheesy

Have a look through any of the product threads. Its been the same thing repeated for months and months, bad communication, customer support, technical support and impossible to get hold of anyone. It goes on for pages and pages and pages and pages across all the threads.

I think what dogie is confusing here is the difference between a product manufacturer and an interent formus user.
When you purchase an item from a manufacturer, they do not have a duty to be on hand 24/7 on a related, but separate from their own sales platform forum.
I do think dogie has been slightly harsh and I can actually see a h/w race which is pretty much neck-and-neck-and-neck-and-neck at the moment.

The real problem is that one user "Doggie" has so much power and influence over "ratings" - since he is the only one rating these companies it seems.  You can't really blame him for providing a service.  Since he's the only one, he becomes a bit of a dictator in a community that respects "decentralization", not tyranny.  The obvious solution would be for other Doggies to emerge and do their own ratings.   A better solution would be to set something up where the rating is a transparent forumula that takes as it's input ratings of various users.   Doggie's thread, and the way he can play God and make or break a company, always seemed ridiculously authoritarian and incompatible with bitcoin principals of democracy and plurality, etc.    
I mean, even if Doggie is a saint today; what's to stop him from selling his account to Spoondoolies or someone?  Centralization is not good.  Neither is authoritarianism.   Distrust anyone who decides to become an "authority".  Sorry Doggie, you seem like an all right guy, but I can't support what your doing.

You make a valid argument though I wonder how many others would willingly take this task without the promise of remuneration?

Is dogie doing all these without remuneration ? I guess I have seen manufacturers sending him miner for free for a review. I might have been mistaken... so please correct me if I am wrong.

I cannot answer that question.  However, it would surprise me if Dogie has received miners for maintaining the Manufacturer's Trustworthiness thread.
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:12:23 PM

how many others would willingly take this task without the promise of remuneration?

Yeah, I said I don't blame Dogie for doing his service, it's a free market and anyone is welcome to do the same thing and compete.   That's very charitable of him if he gets nothing in return....

Who knows  Wink

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:23:56 AM

dogie does receive miners from most manufacturers for a honest review (if the reviews were biased then he would not be as influential). His criteria is very transparent IMO and anyone should be able to come to the same conclusions as dogie assuming they have the same expertise and invest enough time looking into the same facts

MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:53:29 AM

=dogie does receive miners from most manufacturers for a honest review (if the reviews were biased then he would not be as influential). His criteria is very transparent IMO and anyone should be able to come to the same conclusions as dogie assuming they have the same expertise and invest enough time looking into the same facts

Meaning after he reviews the hardware, he ships them back - or does he keep them?   Once the review is done, there is no reason to keep the hardware in that case.    I too thought I remembered manufacturers gifting dogie hardware, but I could be wrong. Smiley
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:17:58 AM

I believe he works for Avalon and Bitmain in some form of sales/support role.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:43:05 AM

I believe he works for Avalon and Bitmain in some form of sales/support role.

i think the correct term you are looking for is;
paid shill.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:15:18 AM

I tend to give AM a hard time due to my experiences with them, but I really do hope they can release a good product this time. I like the idea of AM they just need to fix a few things. I just do not get why they can not get a Marketing guy and some support setup for their products. Most companies struggle with making a product and the others parts are simple. AM has the exact opposite problems..
+1 on that!
I chalk it up to a combination of two factors making it a very hard thing to do;
Language barrier
And social/professional barrier.
These are niche tech guys in a start up. They probably don't know how to navigate the business support end of things, even who to ask or where to start. They are probably more worried about leaking info than pitching woo to shareholders. Maybe.
Could all be part of the death of the small miner consumer... They are restructuring?
You see, they would need to go over many fine details with a pr team that speaks native tounge, then get that translated, also seo and that kind of stuff... Asia and western is all different too.
jdany

Activity: 644

Inspired

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:27:50 AM

I would love to run their operations for 6 months and get them straightened out.
AM is a venturist's wet dream.

silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:04:46 PM

+1 on that!
I chalk it up to a combination of two factors making it a very hard thing to do;
Language barrier
And social/professional barrier.
These are niche tech guys in a start up. They probably don't know how to navigate the business support end of things, even who to ask or where to start. They are probably more worried about leaking info than pitching woo to shareholders. Maybe.
Could all be part of the death of the small miner consumer... They are restructuring?
You see, they would need to go over many fine details with a pr team that speaks native tounge, then get that translated, also seo and that kind of stuff... Asia and western is all different too.

I disagree with the idea AM should still be making products for general consumption. PR and marketing are expensive and require high levels of trust and proven competency. We saw the headaches created in the Prisma venture and it doesn't seem to be necessary anymore.   They can avoid shipping, repairs, etc, etc by building the cloud mining and self mining operations and avoid a ton of headaches.  They need to carry through on the immersion tanks filled with Gen 4 chips and get as many new chips mining away as fast as possible to generate the highest potential profit out of each chip. Self mine as they offer to sell the hashs through a few a few main channels. You don't need much marketing or PR to sell potentially profitable hash rates.  Concentrate fully on where you find success in your business is a good rule of thumb and I'd say so far they are doing much better with cloud mining than marketing and manufacturing products.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:46:29 PM

Ultimately they should just sell chips. But who's buying. AMHash? I'd be pretty happy if they self mine for a while. Divs are really sorely missed
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:59:20 PM

Ultimately they should just sell chips. But who's buying. AMHash? I'd be pretty happy if they self mine for a while. Divs are really sorely missed

Why would AMHash be buying? They are ASICMiner.
btcbot

Activity: 151
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 01:32:28 PM

I disagree with the idea AM should still be making products for general consumption. PR and marketing are expensive and require high levels of trust and proven competency. We saw the headaches created in the Prisma venture and it doesn't seem to be necessary anymore.   They can avoid shipping, repairs, etc, etc by building the cloud mining and self mining operations and avoid a ton of headaches.  They need to carry through on the immersion tanks filled with Gen 4 chips and get as many new chips mining away as fast as possible to generate the highest potential profit out of each chip. Self mine as they offer to sell the hashs through a few a few main channels. You don't need much marketing or PR to sell potentially profitable hash rates.  Concentrate fully on where you find success in your business is a good rule of thumb and I'd say so far they are doing much better with cloud mining than marketing and manufacturing products.

I agree...  let's not forget leasing, too - another successful, if mysterious, part of the AM story.  I suspect that a lot of the coins coming through:

https://blockchain.info/address/3MkwFfGNQDve7vz1z6gUDVxkuQpcSV3Mz8

Are coins produced by leasing arrangements. 

Don't tip me... tip the Riseup folks who protect activists around the world.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 02:17:29 PM

Why would AMHash be buying? They are ASICMiner.

I am sure Rockminer gets a nice cut..my guess anyways.
Pages: « 1 ... 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 [1244] 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: