Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:49:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 [1238] 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916327 times)
webbrowser

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 08:10:37 AM

Sadly, this doesn't matter anymore.  When BitFury releases it's IPO price in the next 6months after their upcoming gen release, it will and should absolutely shatter the AM share price (creating a similar effect to what's in play RE: IBM vs. AMD $ share price).  There will be a David vs. Goliath scenario in these chip mfg sectors - just...please don't envision your sight of David's size if you've never had to really compete with Goliath on the open market...the over-estimation of the equity's future value without a key growth plan would make you vomit make you vomit if you could see the writing now on the wall with BitFury press + the recent Microsoft announcement...

This is a prime scenario that explains where a company could completely burn it's goodwill ledger.  One poor end user, home-based product generation has eliminated a whole sector's worth of market-reciprocal investors.  This type of equity-present-value loss could only really be recovered at this granite-shill inflated price right now.  Looks like a few board members see the cancer in their portfolios at a stage 3, when they expected notification at the onset of stage 1.

Literally terrifying to think about.  That being said,AM's cash reserves are fucking enormous.  If you haven't been personally monitoring the associated addresses on a 2-3 day basis, you're missing it completely.  Just remember that compared to BitFury, any dividends paid are not reinvested capital.  And those funds are some dank, sad, stagnant couplings of bullion-esque data.

AND AMHASH is the realistic mining/"transaction processing - fuck you, BitFury" solution that the sector desperately needed...so don't ignore it completely - there's potential in AM still to come, just nowhere near when you think it will arrive.

I don't quite understand your post.

Has Bitfury announced plans (not ambitions) for an IPO? I had the impression that they had sufficient venture-capital funds that they would not need to IPO in the near term.  And if they did have a successful IPO, I think it helps lift the entire sector.

Were you comparing size of Goliath (Bitfury) vs David (AM) based on manufacturing size, proven technology, funding level, deployed hashrate, or something else? What is the comparative size of Bitfury vs AM as ASIC manufacturers anyway?

Yes, Bitfury has lots of deployed hashrate (how much?)... In the current mining climate, does it look hugely profitable?

What was the (recent?) Bitfury press announcement?

Dividends are the same for Bitfury - any dividends paid are not reinvested capital.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 08:47:49 AM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/interview-bitfury-ceo-valery-vavilov-new-bitcoin-asic-chips-horizon/

Honestly though, read the prisma and tube threads...would any of you buy an AM products with the same exact specs as a BitFury competitor?  Press relations alone make it a less risky endeavor...come on now...
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 09:25:51 AM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/interview-bitfury-ceo-valery-vavilov-new-bitcoin-asic-chips-horizon/

Honestly though, read the prisma and tube threads...would any of you buy an AM products with the same exact specs as a BitFury competitor?  Press relations alone make it a less risky endeavor...come on now...

In not expecting many people to buy any miners at all. I'm expecting cloud mining to dominate next year and I'm not the only one. From the article you mentioned:

What are the challenges you see home miners and smaller miners having as we go forward with larger and larger mining farms and cloud mining coming into play?

We expect Bitcoin transaction processing farms to continue playing a large role in the industry in the near future. Home users will switch to Cloud services and portable consumer Bitcoin processing devices. We believe that in few years more and more users will have consumer electronics with Bitcoin transaction processor inside. Bitfury is working on such a portable bitcoin processor for home users – this is one of our next products that we plan to present in the near future.

From this CCN article:

The SP20 is a step to get miners into more people’s hands. How was it developed and what are your thoughts on home mining?

The SP20 is one of the most ambitious projects we have done. We wanted to make it so anyone can have a Bitcoin miner. We addressed the size and noise aspects of the previous generation miners with the SP20.

Home mining is not going to be around much longer though. The big mining farms are making it so you cannot compete or get ROI. Whether we like it or not mining is moving to the cloud. There will still be some home miners, but not many and most will be in the cloud.

For me, the biggest problem for AM at the moment is communication. I think it absolutely essential that PR, sales, customer service and technical support are relocated outside of China as soon as possible.
jjdub7

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 09:38:14 AM

In not expecting many people to buy any miners at all. I'm expecting cloud mining to dominate next year and I'm not the only one. From the article you mentioned:

What are the challenges you see home miners and smaller miners having as we go forward with larger and larger mining farms and cloud mining coming into play?

We expect Bitcoin transaction processing farms to continue playing a large role in the industry in the near future. Home users will switch to Cloud services and portable consumer Bitcoin processing devices. We believe that in few years more and more users will have consumer electronics with Bitcoin transaction processor inside. Bitfury is working on such a portable bitcoin processor for home users – this is one of our next products that we plan to present in the near future.

From this CCN article:

The SP20 is a step to get miners into more people’s hands. How was it developed and what are your thoughts on home mining?

The SP20 is one of the most ambitious projects we have done. We wanted to make it so anyone can have a Bitcoin miner. We addressed the size and noise aspects of the previous generation miners with the SP20.

Home mining is not going to be around much longer though. The big mining farms are making it so you cannot compete or get ROI. Whether we like it or not mining is moving to the cloud. There will still be some home miners, but not many and most will be in the cloud.

For me, the biggest problem for AM at the moment is communication. I think it absolutely essential that PR, sales, customer service and technical support are relocated outside of China as soon as possible.

Sorry - in an edit to my original post, I'd mentioned that AM WAS still a player solely because they managed to capitalize on the cloud hashing trend in a big way.  What I mean to communicate once and for all to fellow former and even current shareholders is that everyone needs to understand that ASICMINER is now beyond it's days of being a serious contender for hardware sales - there will never be divs like when the USBs were selling ever again.
lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 09:43:47 AM

What do you know, if anything about the idea of smart property cloud mining? Could AM do something similar to the AMHash whereby the actual chips or miners could be cryptographically transferred from one owner to the next? Imagine I could sell my friend down the bar 1TH of AM cycles and they could then prove ownership and maybe even decide which pool to point those hashes at. AM would run the farm and then offer a choice of several different pools but take operational costs out of any rewards. ?
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:22:15 AM

What do you know, if anything about the idea of smart property cloud mining? Could AM do something similar to the AMHash whereby the actual chips or miners could be cryptographically transferred from one owner to the next? Imagine I could sell my friend down the bar 1TH of AM cycles and they could then prove ownership and maybe even decide which pool to point those hashes at. AM would run the farm and then offer a choice of several different pools but take operational costs out of any rewards. ?

My thoughts on the idea is that it would be far to much hassle without enough benefits to make it feasible. Think about it, each contract would require a separate worker. So, for a 5 Ph/s mine with 1 Gh/s contracts you'd need a maximum of 5 million workers for customers and each miner would potentially require thousands of workers. That would create significantly more overhead and administration work.

An easier solution to implement would be for AM to spread hash rate across numerous pools and let users choose from those pools that have open slots available. The list of pools could be adjusted according to demand. That way, you could just have 1 worker per miner and assign x amount of miners to y pool.
jjdub7

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:18:23 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2014, 05:29:06 AM by jjdub7

Yo, bros...I got two words for ya's: cheap shares.

For real though, the fucking bull run from The Lion King where Mufasa died lasted longer than that schizophrenic pump attempt.  And the bid on the float can't survive another dropped board seat.
mrlupin

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 08:24:18 AM

Sadly, this doesn't matter anymore.  When BitFury releases it's IPO price in the next 6months after their upcoming gen release, it will and should absolutely shatter the AM share price (creating a similar effect to what's in play RE: IBM vs. AMD $ share price).  There will be a David vs. Goliath scenario in these chip mfg sectors - just...please don't envision your sight of David's size if you've never had to really compete with Goliath on the open market...the over-estimation of the equity's future value without a key growth plan would make you vomit make you vomit if you could see the writing now on the wall with BitFury press + the recent Microsoft announcement...

This is a prime scenario that explains where a company could completely burn it's goodwill ledger.  One poor end user, home-based product generation has eliminated a whole sector's worth of market-reciprocal investors.  This type of equity-present-value loss could only really be recovered at this granite-shill inflated price right now.  Looks like a few board members see the cancer in their portfolios at a stage 3, when they expected notification at the onset of stage 1.

Literally terrifying to think about.  That being said,AM's cash reserves are fucking enormous.  If you haven't been personally monitoring the associated addresses on a 2-3 day basis, you're missing it completely.  Just remember that compared to BitFury, any dividends paid are not reinvested capital.  And those funds are some dank, sad, stagnant couplings of bullion-esque data.

AND AMHASH is the realistic mining/"transaction processing - fuck you, BitFury" solution that the sector desperately needed...so don't ignore it completely - there's potential in AM still to come, just nowhere near when you think it will arrive.

In David vs Goliath, who wins?
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:22:44 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2014, 04:27:21 PM by Mabsark

For real though, the fucking bull run from The Lion King where Mufasa died lasted longer than that schizophrenic pump attempt.  And the bid on the float can't survive another dropped board seat.

Why would anyone listen to your advice? You clearly sold your shares for 0.098 BTC for a "sad loss" just before the news of the sample chips. You're either not very good at trading or are trying to manipulate the market.

Also, from what I can see, very few shares traded down to around 0.13 BTC, but most trades are increasing in price. It's almost like someone is trying to cause a dump. I wonder who that could be.  Roll Eyes
jdany

Activity: 644

Inspired

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 12:04:42 PM

So, it's looking like an immense amount of hash power is coming out in Q1 from, errrbody.
stompysteve

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 07:10:55 PM

because the AM products are going to come out before theirs do, have you seen the more recent posts on the prisma threads from friedcat.....not only are they upgraded and working functionally now, but he is straight giving a FULL REFUND for unhappy customers for the ones that had problems

dmcdad

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:02:05 PM

From the buzzword per post count, it looks like jjdub7 is having to turn his FUD post generator to 11 now.
jjdub7

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:22:57 PM

For real though, the fucking bull run from The Lion King where Mufasa died lasted longer than that schizophrenic pump attempt.  And the bid on the float can't survive another dropped board seat.

Why would anyone listen to your advice? You clearly sold your shares for 0.098 BTC for a "sad loss" just before the news of the sample chips. You're either not very good at trading or are trying to manipulate the market.

Also, from what I can see, very few shares traded down to around 0.13 BTC, but most trades are increasing in price. It's almost like someone is trying to cause a dump. I wonder who that could be.  Roll Eyes

My portfolio's public for the record.  I was just saying whoever pumped it made a poor effort because the volume would've been on-balance in a real breakout.
vortex1878

Activity: 492

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:40:12 PM

My portfolio's public for the record.  I was just saying whoever pumped it made a poor effort because the volume would've been on-balance in a real breakout.

You are simply pathetic. I really feel sorry for you.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:11:46 PM

because the AM products are going to come out before theirs do, have you seen the more recent posts on the prisma threads from friedcat.....not only are they upgraded and working functionally now, but he is straight giving a FULL REFUND for unhappy customers for the ones that had problems

In that case it looks like we have the time advantage
That said between these two major manufacturers Bitfury and AM were going to see some good old China vs American chip manufacturing

jjdub7

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:56:20 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 12:44:37 AM by jjdub7

My portfolio's public for the record.  I was just saying whoever pumped it made a poor effort because the volume would've been on-balance in a real breakout.

...?  If you're referring to my comments about the price movements and disagree, then tell me - what news or other positive info should have driven an upward price movement right now?  

Friedcat had originally projected dividends for August, and only now we've found out the team's been able to reconcile the shareholder ledger.  You tell me if you think this stock has warranted a 40% price jump in one week's time on zero info.  Not ONE of the AMHash IPOs has sold out, and as far as revenue goes, those aren't pulling in the money anyway.

Edit:  well this is obviously a stupid post now that I've found the BE300 thread.  Again though..."now that I've found the BE300 thread".
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 12:04:27 AM

My portfolio's public for the record.  I was just saying whoever pumped it made a poor effort because the volume would've been on-balance in a real breakout.

...?  If you're referring to my comments about the price movements and disagree, then tell me - what news or other positive info should have driven an upward price movement right now?  

Friedcat had originally projected dividends for August, and only now we've found out the team's been able to reconcile the shareholder ledger.  You tell me if you think this stock has warranted a 40% price jump in one week's time on zero info.  Not ONE of the AMHash IPOs has sold out, and as far as revenue goes, those aren't pulling in the money anyway.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=888260.0

drasted

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 12:09:41 AM

You tell me if you think this stock has warranted a 40% price jump in one week's time on zero info. 

I can't tell if you're joking.
jjdub7

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 12:36:15 AM

Friedcat had originally projected dividends for August, and only now we've found out the team's been able to reconcile the shareholder ledger.  You tell me if you think this stock has warranted a 40% price jump in one week's time on zero info.  Not ONE of the AMHash IPOs has sold out, and as far as revenue goes, those aren't pulling in the money anyway.

Brb, going to put a foot through the fucking wall.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 12:55:20 AM

For real though, the fucking bull run from The Lion King where Mufasa died lasted longer than that schizophrenic pump attempt.  And the bid on the float can't survive another dropped board seat.

Also, from what I can see, very few shares traded down to around 0.13 BTC, but most trades are increasing in price. It's almost like someone is trying to cause a dump. I wonder who that could be.  Roll Eyes

...?  If you're referring to my comments about the price movements and disagree, then tell me - what news or other positive info should have driven an upward price movement right now? 

Friedcat had originally projected dividends for August, and only now we've found out the team's been able to reconcile the shareholder ledger.  You tell me if you think this stock has warranted a 40% price jump in one week's time on zero info.  Not ONE of the AMHash IPOs has sold out, and as far as revenue goes, those aren't pulling in the money anyway.

Brb, going to put a foot through the fucking wall.

Pages: « 1 ... 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 [1238] 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: