Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:29:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 [1339] 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916351 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 10:03:49 PM

Reality is not a popularity contest.

"People" need to learn that refusing to listen 'Because Offended' is not an acceptable practice, and has consequences.

Was the pleasure they got from Ignoring\castigating crumbs worth all the BTC they lost?   Cheesy

iCEBREAKER proves that he is a retard once more. Hey idiot the first ones to invest into AM got a ROI of 6x the amount they invested ONLY in form of dividends. If they had ignored crumbs they would have less money than they have now. So yes please vomit more from your ass-mouth! We are open 24/7 here!

Did Mr. crumbs make any statements regarding ASICMiner prior to said virtual shares being virtually offered by the virtually Panamanian virtual securities exchange known as Havelock Investments, "operated by a group of licensed professionals which include:

International Corporate Lawyers
    Investment Advisors
    Certified Accountants
    Licensed Brokers
    Analysts
    IT Security Experts
    Bitcoin entrepreneurs that have been involved in the Bitcoin economy since 2010."
Huh

I'm having a hard time finding such. Links?

So much anger, such rage...
Undecided

The hilarious anger and impotent rage make ChoadStress worth trolling.

Everyone else has to pay for sig space.  I gave him so much perma-butt-burn he gives it to me for free.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dacm4n

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:54:28 PM

I remember investing with these guys on Bitfunder (I think it was called that.. it was years ago).

I remember owning like 30 shares when they hit 5 BTC a piece.  Decided to hold on to them until the end.

A bit of a regrettable decision.  I hold less BTC now than I did when I was investing in stupid securities.
Sad to think where I'd be if I hadn't been scammed years ago.
It's tough to forget and move on, I did get out well before before this mess happened but I do regret not cashing out at 5 btc a share, I figured the divs would continue to be decent for several more months. Of course it didn't work out that way.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:18:18 AM

Haven't checked in for a while... still no word on the friedcat?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:24:45 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2015, 08:43:39 AM by freedomno1

Haven't checked in for a while... still no word on the friedcat?

Inserts the sound of Fried Crickets
Just ghosts in here dhenson

Lol speaking of memory lane Remember this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=235763.5320

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
jdany

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Inspired

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:54:09 AM

Weak hands...
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 05:58:20 PM

Weak hands...

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

It would need balls of steel to still believe that friedcat is on a business decision to work "officially" in silent afterwards and buy back all of his companies shares for pennies, claiming he worked on the next big hit only.

In practice still holding would be nuts when thinking this will end well. Holding because the shares are nothing worth anyway anymore is a different thing.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 09:28:49 PM

Weak hands...

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

It would need balls of steel to still believe that friedcat is on a business decision to work "officially" in silent afterwards and buy back all of his companies shares for pennies, claiming he worked on the next big hit only.

In practice still holding would be nuts when thinking this will end well. Holding because the shares are nothing worth anyway anymore is a different thing.

+1, many of us said "all the way to zero" and it wasn't just talk. Its a shame a lot got burned with speculative trading but the IPO was a huge success.

And friedcat was one of the rare occassions of a businessman that really could make a thing work. Though one could wonder if it was luck only since it seems only the first asic was a real success.

And for sure you have to criticise that he held the only keys to the riches of the company. That was stupid.

In my opinion it was unevitable that this amount of money was attracting the attention of the organized crimes. Tryads in china maybe. I mean why rob a bank for a measly 5k USD, with all the risk included, when you only need to rob a cat and fry it to get what... millions?

!! pop

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:00:35 PM

In my opinion it was unevitable that this amount of money was attracting the attention of the organized crimes. Tryads in china maybe. I mean why rob a bank for a measly 5k USD, with all the risk included, when you only need to rob a cat and fry it to get what... millions?

*Triad (though I heard it was Mongolian pirates)
Yes, Triad is exactly right! Just like TF and Ukyo and all the rest of the great bitcoin financiers, who gave their lives so that others may live.
NeoBee Danny too, those Triads threatened his daughter, if I remember right.
Organized krymes Angry They just ain't got no scruples!
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 10:12:09 PM

I kind of lost track of the "have you seen this cat?" bit, the trolling was ridiculous and the competition was hotting up and coming out with all kinds of extravagant claims so I thought it was better if they either backed off and looked for another direction or held off altogether while the rat race cut each other down.

It's a shame they didn't hold off on the dividends when things where at their peak to have a big stash to take things to the next level but it would likely have got eaten through regardless of how big it was. Hope they're all doing well wherever they are, you'd never know it from looking through most of the thread but this was the turning point where Bitcoin became too big to kill Smiley

I don't think holding off dividens would have been a help for asicminer. They never had too few money. They were really rich so that holding back was not necessary nor would it have changed something.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 10:16:38 PM

Yes, Triad is exactly right! Just like TF and Ukyo and all the rest of the great bitcoin financiers, who gave their lives so that others may live.

Well NotLambChop, we know that these others didn't vanish so strange like friedcat vanished. Most of them are known to be alive. But friedcat was gone in an instant, even letting his wife behind. Well, you can't say if he loved his wife but his wife called the police, so she might have loved him.

I think the vanishing of friedcat is a different level of mystery. Sure, it can be that he vanished on his own. But i simply see it unlikely that organized crime would have overseen such a low risk target. Only because we didn't really see things like that happen before doesn't mean that it is unlikely.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:44:04 PM

Well NotLambChop, we know that these others didn't vanish so strange like friedcat vanished. Most of them are known to be alive. But friedcat was gone in an instant, even letting his wife behind. Well, you can't say if he loved his wife but his wife called the police, so she might have loved him.

I think the vanishing of friedcat is a different level of mystery. Sure, it can be that he vanished on his own. But i simply see it unlikely that organized crime would have overseen such a low risk target. Only because we didn't really see things like that happen before doesn't mean that it is unlikely.

I assume that organized crime in China must be some scary crap if he had to leave everything behind, that said it is a mystery since I can't remember if we have his name or even know what happened to him afterwards, speaking of Neobee that is another asset that had a lot of PR then bam next day its gone.
(In other words sketch) he-he remembers Smidge man that was a failure trying to invest on all havelock assets till they went to nil lol.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
!! pop

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:15:41 PM

Friedcat vanished 'in an instant'? News to me. He posted last when, last Jan? Claims of his heartbroken wife calling the police are as credible as Danny's tales of daughter being threatened, Ukyo's gag order, and Mongolian Pirates catching up to friedcat for stealing electricity from a government sausage factory.
Hilarious? Sure. Verifiable? No.

Not saying that organized crime wasn't involved, that all depends on how you define 'organized crime,' just that it wasn't involved in the way you think.
Plento

Activity: 129
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:21:28 PM

How do we know his wife, out of curiosity?
Lincoln6Echo
Legendary

Activity: 2459
Merit: 1057

Don't use bitcoin.de if you care about privacy!

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:38:19 PM

I think this Amhash guy talked about this ,,friedcat left without contacting his wife etc''. Bullshit. I think it was a planned exit. That yould explain the  pics of the former abandoned office of asciminer, too.
The office got cleared and not a single person knows where friedcat moved exaclty? Srly?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 01:48:29 PM

I think this Amhash guy talked about this ,,friedcat left without contacting his wife etc''. Bullshit. I think it was a planned exit. That yould explain the  pics of the former abandoned office of asciminer, too.
The office got cleared and not a single person knows where friedcat moved exaclty? Srly?

Weren't the offices abandoned because the employees didn't get their payment anymore and nobody knew where friedcat was and nobody had seen him?

This is really way too strange. I don't understand why there are no big shareholders investigating. I mean there should be a lot chines shareholders. They could speak with every former employee and collect all info. Then find out what might have happened.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 04:13:49 PM

Multiple product failures so he decided to cut and run. Not sure why anyone would even consider some other possibility.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 08:25:12 PM

Multiple product failures so he decided to cut and run. Not sure why anyone would even consider some other possibility.

I mean it really can't be that hard for shareholders in china to investigate this, isn't it? Check out his wife, his employers and all. And surely you will get your own image of everything. Alone that fact that we "believe" that the story about his wife is only an invention is stupid somehow. Nobody can check it? Really? That sounds unbelieveable.

If i would have been heavily invested AND still had enough money to do it, i surely would fly there for a month and check everything out. That this didn't happen is puzzling me... really. Nothing but mist clouds in this case.

dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:37:53 AM

I mean it really can't be that hard for shareholders in china to investigate this, isn't it? Check out his wife, his employers and all. And surely you will get your own image of everything. Alone that fact that we "believe" that the story about his wife is only an invention is stupid somehow. Nobody can check it? Really? That sounds unbelieveable.

If i would have been heavily invested AND still had enough money to do it, i surely would fly there for a month and check everything out. That this didn't happen is puzzling me... really. Nothing but mist clouds in this case.

Shortly before everything went down, Jutarul flew to China and met with Friedcat and Co.  Then, when he first disappeared and everyone was speculating (March 3rd 2015), Friedcats main mining address where his funds were being placed paid out 3 large payments (5456btc, 2125btc and 9650 btc transactions).  

https://blockchain.info/address/15h6A2a3D31vRviBDdSpvhLtYJq3aePhdW

My assumption has been that he paid off the largest holders and ran. This is obviously compete speculation on my part.

Lincoln6Echo
Legendary

Activity: 2459
Merit: 1057

Don't use bitcoin.de if you care about privacy!

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:23:24 PM

Shortly before everything went down, Jutarul flew to China and met with Friedcat and Co.  Then, when he first disappeared and everyone was speculating (March 3rd 2015), Friedcats main mining address where his funds were being placed paid out 3 large payments (5456btc, 2125btc and 9650 btc transactions).  

https://blockchain.info/address/15h6A2a3D31vRviBDdSpvhLtYJq3aePhdW

My assumption has been that he paid off the largest holders and ran. This is obviously compete speculation on my part.

Well, that assumption makes sense. How do you know Jutarul flew there just before Friedcat disappeared? A couple of month ago I asked Jutarul via  PM whether he got some information about this whole asicminer situation but never got any reply.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 09:46:11 PM

Hm, sounds like an interesting idea. Though you would have to assume that the largest shareholders would all be ok with screwing everyone then. I know many scammers are in bitcoin world but i somehow doubt that this could easily happen.

Though maybe it was no payout for the largest shareholders but for friedcats direct partners he built the company from the ground. There were a couple of them right? Three maybe?

And would the amount of bitcoins paid out make sense as a payment for the success of the company and for keeping silent over all things happened? I think they would not be happy if friedcat would take a enourmous share and they get, comparable, peanuts.

Pages: « 1 ... 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 [1339] 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: