Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:38:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 [1303] 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916330 times)
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:25:36 PM

Airwolf to the rescue!

UNfortunately, like the series, only 8 year olds would lend it credibility, and he is way behind the curve.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:30:11 PM

Do we have a real name to associate with this 'hashlord'?  Is this effort underway yet?

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:42:01 PM

^And he would have gotten away, too, weren't for you meddling kids!

Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:02:20 PM

No you didn't and no I didn't. Based on Jutarul's info, it's pretty obvious that HashLord owns the DC as there isn't any other role it could fill.

the hashlord is the person who controls the hashrate or the facility where the hashrate is held surely and i don't think they own a DC, i think they own a food factory......

By DC, I just mean a facility that hosts the miners. Whether it is an actual DC, a barn, a shed or a food factory is irrelevant. The relevant point is that HashLord was in control of it, not AM. Also, I would say it's more likely that HashLord is a business entity rather than an individual.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:20:16 PM

By DC, I just mean a facility that hosts the miners. Whether it is an actual DC, a barn, a shed or a food factory is irrelevant. The relevant point is that HashLord was in control of it, not AM. Also, I would say it's more likely that HashLord is a business entity rather than an individual.

I think your wrong. Jutaral didn't use any company names he just names the roles of all those involved who ever they maybe.

AMHash theoretically involves 5 Parties (Operator, Manufacturer, HashLord, Contract Platform, Contract Holder)
AirWolf

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Havelock robbed me 170BTC

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:21:41 PM

Airwolf to the rescue!

UNfortunately, like the series, only 8 year olds would lend it credibility, and he is way behind the curve.

Sure you have more credibility, the same you used TO LURE MANY OF US INTO AMHASH...

HAVELOCK ROBBED ME MORE THAN 170BTC - BEWARE OF THIS THIEVES!
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:42:12 PM

I think your wrong. Jutaral didn't use any company names he just names the roles of all those involved who ever they maybe.

AMHash theoretically involves 5 Parties (Operator, Manufacturer, HashLord, Contract Platform, Contract Holder)

To me, it seems like either a username or a business name, not a description of a role. It's a separate party from AM, RM and Havelock. If it was just a person in control of the hash rate, that person would probably be an AM employee, not a separate party. It makes far more sense to me that HashLord is in the business of hosting miners.

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:46:29 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 03:05:14 PM by elasticband

To me, it seems like either a username or a business name, not a description of a role. It's a separate party from AM, RM and Havelock. If it was just a person in control of the hash rate, that person would probably be an AM employee, not a separate party. It makes far more sense to me that HashLord is in the business of hosting miners.

then the quote should look more like this, but that's just my take on it.

AMHash theoretically involves 5 Parties (Rockminer, Asicminer, HashLord, havelock, Private Investors)
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:55:50 PM

I figured Hashlord was like the Landlord of mining, so probably an informal title for the DC owner/operator.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7969

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:59:04 PM

Airwolf to the rescue!

Sure you have more credibility, the same you used TO LURE MANY OF US INTO AMHASH...

Recommendations were made based on past performance of the principles and these appeared sound.  AM and friedcat had a relatively long history in bitcoin mining and equipment and it was their credibility which lead to any recommendation of AMHash.   Let's not beat up on one another over this; it is pointless.  Why don't you 2 set up an exchange commission for bitcoin related investments and set up some basic accounting and reportability criteria for listings?  That would be awesome.

Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:11:51 PM

...Why don't you 2 set up an exchange commission for bitcoin related investments and set up some basic accounting and reportability criteria for listings?  That would be awesome.

I always assumed the whole point of "investing" in Bitcoin securities is degradation & humiliation?
How would introducing basic accountability maximise the above aforementioned?
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:16:27 PM

I figured Hashlord was like the Landlord of mining, so probably an informal title for the DC owner/operator.

We seem to be in overall agreement but I think that rather than "HashLord" (with a capital L) being a person or an informal title, it's a company name or brand like HashRatio or Hashnest.
MidwestMiner

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:24:39 PM

There is obviously a LOT that we don't know still. What frustrates me is how such a relatively large (in both value, hardware, expertise and staff) operation can vanish without the community knowing more than it does.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7969

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:01:13 PM

...Why don't you 2 set up an exchange commission for bitcoin related investments and set up some basic accounting and reportability criteria for listings?  That would be awesome.

I always assumed the whole point of "investing" in Bitcoin securities is degradation & humiliation?

It's a start-up industry and as you may or may not know, most fledging companies never make it past year one. There is no degradation or humiliation in trying.  We as "investors" see potential in the industries surrounding bitcoin but don't necessarily have the ability, funds, or wherewithal to create our own start-up so we place our faith in others who seem to know how.  Sometimes we lose, sometimes we win.  The only degradation I see comes from you and your ilk; sitting on the sidelines pretending to have all the answers and taking glee in other's losses.  AM did quite well in the early years and it wasn't "luck" as friedcat has abilities beyond yours and mine but Friedcat is still human and I would imagine when subjected to the stresses involved in running a company would have a similar reaction to the rest of us.  I mean look, even NotLambChop has lost interest in his incessant, condescending posting in here and he really enjoyed it.  Perhaps it also became too much for him to continue?  So it seems that Friedcat and NotLambChop have given up on their vocation to both our joy and to our dismay.  I feel neither degrade nor humiliated and I wish them well.
MidwestMiner

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:12:30 PM

It's a start-up industry and as you may or may not know, most fledging companies never make it past year one. There is no degradation or humiliation in trying.  We as "investors" see potential in the industries surrounding bitcoin but don't necessarily have the ability, funds, or wherewithal to create our own start-up so we place our faith in others who seem to know how.  Sometimes we lose, sometimes we win.  The only degradation I see comes from you and your ilk; sitting on the sidelines pretending to have all the answers and taking glee in other's losses.  AM did quite well in the early years and it wasn't "luck" as friedcat has abilities beyond yours and mine but Friedcat is still human and I would imagine when subjected to the stresses involved in running a company would have a similar reaction to the rest of us.  I mean look, even NotLambChop has lost interest in his incessant, condescending posting in here and he really enjoyed it.  Perhaps it also became too much for him to continue?  So it seems that Friedcat and NotLambChop have given up on their vocation to both our joy and to our dismay.  I feel neither degrade nor humiliated and I wish them well.

There is no shame in giving up. There is some in an entire company disappearing overnight and offering no explanation. I think the community as a whole would be fairly OK with "we ran out of funds to purchase wafers and our mining operations profitability cannot carry the company. We out!" But the silent approach is not kosher.

Also seems odd since even with FC missing (if the rest of the operation is still functioning) I would think that their IP collection, customer list and name would carry a fairly significant value to other large operations in the space.
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:24:00 PM

It's a start-up industry and as you may or may not know, most fledging companies never make it past year one. There is no degradation or humiliation in trying.  We as "investors" see potential in the industries surrounding bitcoin but don't necessarily have the ability, funds, or wherewithal to create our own start-up so we place our faith in others who seem to know how.  Sometimes we lose, sometimes we win.  The only degradation I see comes from you and your ilk; sitting on the sidelines pretending to have all the answers and taking glee in other's losses.  AM did quite well in the early years and it wasn't "luck" as friedcat has abilities beyond yours and mine but Friedcat is still human and I would imagine when subjected to the stresses involved in running a company would have a similar reaction to the rest of us.  I mean look, even NotLambChop has lost interest in his incessant, condescending posting in here and he really enjoyed it.  Perhaps it also became too much for him to continue?  So it seems that Friedcat and NotLambChop have given up on their vocation to both our joy and to our dismay.  I feel neither degrade nor humiliated and I wish them well.

There is no shame in giving up. There is some in an entire company disappearing overnight and offering no explanation.

Yeah, it certainly isn't the way to liquidate a failed company and be fair to all parties. As an IPO investor in AM this has been a profitable investment for me but I really don't like this situation at all, especially since it is looking like yet another exit scam black mark for pseudonymous bitcoin ventures. Also as an IPO investor in AM I feel that it was our money that made this possible.  Identity and reputation are important in business and I guess this is yet another life lesson any investors. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cassandra_PR

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:30:33 PM

...yet another exit scam black mark for pseudonymous bitcoin ventures
...Identity and reputation are important in business and I guess this is yet another life lesson any investors.  

So many life lessons...  You must be at least a PhD by now, doctor.
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 05:30:00 PM

Q) I think a price "explosion" is imminent,  not to ATH territory,  but $400 or so is definitely in the cards.
A) 400 will likely not be enough. A reasonable risk/reward ratio starts at > 1000 USD.

Q) What kind of dollars are we talking would be required from such an investor? 
A) > $10M for a packaged deal to make sense.

Q) Does AM have possession of the IP related to BE300?
A) Yes. AM management also has a direct account with TSMC.

Q) You say the funding situation is Dire,  is this due to FC being in sole possession of the keys?
A) The funding situation is very opaque. David Fan cannot provide information on current accounting. He is currently paying bills from some of the remaining company funds, surplus cash flow and personal funds. The accounting was managed by friedcat, and the last financial statement was delivered 4 months late and incomplete. He was asked to make it complete, clean it up and publish it - which never happened. Given the current circumstance I may as well show the incomplete statement, which covers the time May/2014-Oct/2014:
https://mega.co.nz/#!YUtUwa4K!o9VTJYkv0-eO0V6UU3vPwXZshItuBwq-z146p0pBH6E

Q) Do you think FC is safe?
A) I have insufficient information for such a conjecture. I certainly hope he is safe.

Q) Is there a plan yet to compensate shareholders for Amhash1 shares held on Havelock?
A) On the side of AM any compensation would likely have to be financed either through operating revenue (which currently is going to 0 due to bitcoin price staying low and required funding to restock chip inventory) or the personal funds of volunteering shareholders. Unfortunately the morale among shareholders is rock bottom so everyone is looking at David Fan, especially since he also has an official company function. The question which is not so easy to answer is whether there would be a moral or legal obligation for such "volunteering". That said, he expressed his desire to develop a compensation plan for contract holders, conditional on the premise that everybody in the delivery chain carries a fair share.

Q) Hi, I don't get it, David should be as rich as FC! Why doesn't he invest into his company? Or rent coins to AM?
A) Why invest in a company which is loaded with liability when you don't feel responsible for the current situation? Also, wouldn't it be smarter to use the funds to restock the company with the latest chips in order to generate a profit from which these liabilities can be served? At the end this is a structural problem, that's why a reorganization of the company may be unavoidable.

Q) In the situation where the BTC price rises and free's up additional capital or VC money comes in to support the production of BE300, could shareholders reasonably expect to see some type of return later this year?
A) I cannot give investment advise. There are two types of returns. Revenue through increased market price and dividends. It would be very unlikely to see a company in the current state paying any dividends in the immediate future. Funds are better used to solve structural problems. The only exception to this would be a liquidation event of an unknown amount.

Q) Is the only other option the company goes under due to lack of funds and the legal process begins for those who wish to pursue it?
A) Provided that the core team stays intact and true to the mission the company would likely co-exist with bigger corps in the market place. How that would be structured is unknown. Any legal proceedings would of course hamper the ability of the company to operate, unless the situation is very asymmetric (i.e. legal defense costs are dramatically lower than legal offense costs).

Q) Anything else you can share with me would be appreciated. I would like your candid thoughts on the likelihood of VC coming in to play the role of white knight in the next 30-60 days window BE300 competitively has to get out to market. The other scenario is bound to happen, however we do not know if the price rise will take place in time for the chip to be profitable to product en masse.
A) The only way to make this work with an outside investor within 30-60 days is to do a clear cut reorg with a new Manager who has some experience in the industry.

Q) Why did ASICMiner wait weeks to provide concrete answers on the situation?
A) The board was officially fully informed of the "FC missing" problem at the end of February. Since then there has been a struggle for information, especially since FC apparently made himself a single point of failure on all kind of things. It was always assumed that David Fan was fully briefed on all aspects of the business - however that seems to be not the case.

Q) Are customers/investors threatening legal action at this time?
A) Yes.

Q) Is there a dispute between ROCKMINER and ASICMINER, and if so, can you share what is happening?
A) There is a dispute. The problem is that the underlying agreement is cluttered throughout write-ups, emails and verbal hearsay. And now FC is missing and cannot make a statement.

Q) Is ASICMiner solvent? Has ASICMiner taken steps to secure additional funding for core projects, chip development, etc.?
A) AM management seems to have failed to secure funding for core activities and the funding situation seems to have degenerated dramatically since Nov/2014. The problem is that there are no proper records to validate those claims quickly. An accountant would have to do a complete transactional rerun, using one of the valid financial statements as a checkpoint. According to David Fan the company bank accounts are low on funds and any remaining company funds may reside in accounts only FC has access to.

Q) What's next for ASICMiner?
A) There is increasing evidence that AM seems to be a one trick pony. I have no other way of putting it. As such, provided the bitcoin price rises, you can expect bitcoin mining devices to be produced which - should the profit margin be sustainable - should create shareholders value.

Q) With regards to the AM situation, could you elaborate on the what HashLord is and the role it played in AMHash?
A) I am sorry for the potential confusion. Hashlord was coined in reference to Landlord as the entity who is in control of the hashing power. At the current time it is not clear WHO that entity really was (Operator/AM/RM/FC/Third party). Obviously the operator can alway become the Hashlord by replugging the mining devices. That may have been the case - but there is no data to confirm that.

I hope I covered all the questions. If I missed one please state it again.

Regards

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 05:37:03 PM

I wonder what the IP value for their already-completed-and-tested BE300 chip design is? With the possible exception of Bitfury's new chip (and if they were really impressed with it wouldn't they be advertising it?) the BE300 is the best ASIC that currently actually exists.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 05:42:06 PM

I wonder what the IP value for their already-completed-and-tested BE300 chip design is? With the possible exception of Bitfury's new chip (and if they were really impressed with it wouldn't they be advertising it?) the BE300 is the best ASIC that currently actually exists.

How long would it take to be usable though? I think the issue is by the time someone actually makes the BE300 it will be like the BE200 - Late to the game. Securing an investor for 10 Million is not easy when FC is MIA.

Pages: « 1 ... 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 [1303] 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: