Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:43:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916315 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 10:21:55 PM

Looks like bitfountain at ozcoin comes back. Only 11MH/s now but its there...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vortex1878

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:31:28 PM

Maybe. Depends probably what they meant with datacenter. It would be cool if deployment now can move on without limits and the auction could be stopped. Though i think even when there are no limits now the competition is still too behind that asicminer could go full in. So the auction will remain topic for some time...

It looks that you're right after all. Hashrate stopped at 7TH/s. And I think friedcat said that they've deployed 0,5TH "extra" which is not hashing due to network difficulties.

I dont think that it makes sense to deploy TH that doesnt hash because of difficulty because the next difficulty is calculated from the average hashing from the last. So at this time it would be a disadvantage only to have asics that dont hash because difficulty will rise only a bit less but you could have earned more bitcoins hashing the previous time. So i doubt thats the reason.
I hope it keeps growing...

Are you drunk?
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 11:44:59 PM

Right. Great info, but I'm more concerned with what's showing up on my electric bill. Smiley The Avalon guys are reporting 620ish watts @ 68Gh/s on 120v and I think Ngzhang has a post around here somewhere about savings with 220v circuitry. Sounds like a shipped ASICMiner concoction will be similar.
it is always more efficient to run higher voltage when possible.   that is why you seek 3 phase when you buy a building, it saves on your power bill and you run your lighting at 277 and motors at 460.   Most states give you a credit because you put inside your own transformers.   It is usually around 10% off the industrial rate so you end up paying 6.2 cents here vs. 7.3 industrial and 11 cent residential

Unless you're a datacenter that does 48v DC, which is even more efficient than the usual 208v three phase.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 11:51:46 PM

I dont think that it makes sense to deploy TH that doesnt hash because of difficulty because the next difficulty is calculated from the average hashing from the last. So at this time it would be a disadvantage only to have asics that dont hash because difficulty will rise only a bit less but you could have earned more bitcoins hashing the previous time. So i doubt thats the reason.

Are you drunk?

What are you speaking of? Is my english too bad or do you think it makes sense to keep a half TH away from mining only to not push the difficulty too high the next time it rises?

vortex1878

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:57:34 PM

Are you drunk?

What are you speaking of? Is my english too bad or do you think it makes sense to keep a half TH away from mining only to not push the difficulty too high the next time it rises?

No, it is not your Denglish (I am German, too). Your comment just doesn't make any sense to me, even after reading it for like 20times. ^^ Maybe I am just too stupid... :/
Rodyland

Activity: 499

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:23:21 AM

Are you drunk?

No, it is not your Denglish (I am German, too). Your comment just doesn't make any sense to me, even after reading it for like 20times. ^^ Maybe I am just too stupid... :/

May I translate?

He's saying that he doesn't see any sense in holding back deployment of hashing power until after the next difficulty bump, with the intent of _not_ increasing difficulty.  The reasoning is that the difficulty adjustment is based on the entire 2016 block period, so a network hash rate bump in the last day or two would not have a significant effect on the size of the bump.  And the conclusion is that we'd (asicminer shareholders) would be better off if hashing power were deployed as soon as it was available.

I haven't done the maths, but my gut tells me if network hash rate was constant but for our new power then this would be not be true - we would be better off deploying after the bump.  However in the face over a variable hash rate other hashing power being deployed across the network, I think his argument makes sense.

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
vortex1878

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:10:18 AM

Are you drunk?

May I translate?

He's saying that he doesn't see any sense in holding back deployment of hashing power until after the next difficulty bump, with the intent of _not_ increasing difficulty.  The reasoning is that the difficulty adjustment is based on the entire 2016 block period, so a network hash rate bump in the last day or two would not have a significant effect on the size of the bump.  And the conclusion is that we'd (asicminer shareholders) would be better off if hashing power were deployed as soon as it was available.

I haven't done the maths, but my gut tells me if network hash rate was constant but for our new power then this would be not be true - we would be better off deploying after the bump.  However in the face over a variable hash rate other hashing power being deployed across the network, I think his argument makes sense.

No, he did not say what you are trying to "translate". It all still does not make any sense. I also don't care if you are both the same person or not. But for sure you both (or one) are plain idiots trying to get some attention - hero members or not -I don't give a flying fuck.
ASICMINER has to get some more hashes ready to catch up.
Don't get me wrong - performance so far was awesome, and I am truly appreciating that. Thank you!.
But reading of idiots who do not have anything to say but blablabla just freaks me out...
Rodyland

Activity: 499

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:18:03 AM

No, he did not say what you are trying to "translate". It all still does not make any sense. I also don't care if you are both the same person or not. But for sure you both (or one) are plain idiots trying to get some attention - hero members or not -I don't give a flying fuck.
Don't get me wrong - performance so far was awesome, and I am truly appreciating that. Thank you!.
But reading of idiots who do not have anything to say but blablabla just freaks me out...

You need to take your happy pills, and back away from the keyboard for an hour.  Nothing that has come before deserved this kind of hostility. 

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
vortex1878

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:25:49 AM

You need to take your happy pills, and back away from the keyboard for an hour.  Nothing that has come before deserved this kind of hostility. 

Read above.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:41:14 AM

Are you drunk?

May I translate?

He's saying that he doesn't see any sense in holding back deployment of hashing power until after the next difficulty bump, with the intent of _not_ increasing difficulty.  The reasoning is that the difficulty adjustment is based on the entire 2016 block period, so a network hash rate bump in the last day or two would not have a significant effect on the size of the bump.  And the conclusion is that we'd (asicminer shareholders) would be better off if hashing power were deployed as soon as it was available.

I haven't done the maths, but my gut tells me if network hash rate was constant but for our new power then this would be not be true - we would be better off deploying after the bump.  However in the face over a variable hash rate other hashing power being deployed across the network, I think his argument makes sense.

SebastianJu is right, not deploying doesn't make sense. Rodyland's interpretation was correct. They are making different points, both of which are pretty standard, so the reason you don't understand is you are not very informed on the topic. Not commenting on things you don't understand would be a good idea.

OTOH, I think JimiQ84 meant something else by "network difficulties", so this whole conversation is unnecessary.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 09:05:27 AM

Funny how no one sees

It has been discussed many many times even within this thread.
VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 11:19:35 AM

Funny how no one sees

by the time ASICMINER deploys the extra Thash/s, there's a high possibility that BFL will ship. Avalon batch 2 will ship as well. There are a lot of other players who promise to add more hashrate. All these factors mean that the network will be distributed. The free market takes care of itself.
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 11:29:45 AM

Funny how no one sees

by the time ASICMINER deploys the extra Thash/s, there's a high possibility that BFL will ship. Avalon batch 2 will ship as well. There are a lot of other players who promise to add more hashrate. All these factors mean that the network will be distributed. The free market takes care of itself.

Assuming the 200 units of avalon batch 2 (it was 200 yes?) ships and is online fully by then it's 13Thash.
If BFL ships by then and 15k chips get online -> by then it adds another 93thash.
But i don't see either of happening by mid-april, maybe late april.

Friedcat: It would awesome if you could post some pics of the setup! Smiley

When was work on the next gen begin and what process will that be?

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 01:50:42 PM

Are you drunk?

May I translate?

Thanks... you interpreted it correctly. My writing was really a bit confusing... Smiley
I think that 0.5TH mining for some weeks will have a very slight impact for a higher difficulty next time. Even if you would mine with that lower difficulty later the higher earnings will be lower than the earnings you would have earned while mining the 2 weeks with 0.5TH.
And @vortex1878... this was an answer to:
And I think friedcat said that they've deployed 0,5TH "extra" which is not hashing due to network difficulties.
which implied to me that friedcat could hold back hashpower to get a lower difficulty next time. But when i read it again i see what memvola meant. JimiQ48 spoke about the network problems asicminer had that prevented them from deploying more hashpower. Misunderstood this...

vortex1878

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:37:43 PM

Are you drunk?

May I translate?

Thanks... you interpreted it correctly. My writing was really a bit confusing... Smiley
I think that 0.5TH mining for some weeks will have a very slight impact for a higher difficulty next time. Even if you would mine with that lower difficulty later the higher earnings will be lower than the earnings you would have earned while mining the 2 weeks with 0.5TH.
And @vortex1878... this was an answer to:
And I think friedcat said that they've deployed 0,5TH "extra" which is not hashing due to network difficulties.
which implied to me that friedcat could hold back hashpower to get a lower difficulty next time. But when i read it again i see what memvola meant. JimiQ48 spoke about the network problems asicminer had that prevented them from deploying more hashpower. Misunderstood this...

NOW I get it. Peace. Smiley
coldguy

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:54:12 PM

will the sold devices be seen as the profit of ASICMiner and sent to the shareholders?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 04:35:58 PM

will the sold devices be seen as the profit of ASICMiner and sent to the shareholders?

Yes. The revenue from auction will be put into asicminer revenue and paid out with the dividend. Minus powercost and other costs. Shares among all 400000 shares of asicminer.

JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 08:29:15 PM

Dropped down to 6 TH/s on btcguild after getting at least as high as 7.1, let's hope that hash power has moved to another pool.
bowen151

Activity: 658

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 01:05:07 AM

What sort of return would BTC75 worth of asicminer shares get someone if they invested today?

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
InstantBTC

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 01:45:19 AM

What sort of return would BTC75 worth of asicminer shares get someone if they invested today?

I'd say it would probably be a very reasonable return. I encourage you to thoroughly research the asset and do the math for yourself though. Don't blindly trust random people online  Tongue.

Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: