Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:50:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916343 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:17:08 PM

In FC i trust Smiley

Faith and optimism have always served Bitcoin investors well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vortex1878

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:48:50 PM

Friedcat executed my transfer request today. Let the divs come in..! Smiley
arousedrhino

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:10:41 PM

Yea two months would be quite conservative.
Still, id rather be a little pessimistic and have a good surprise than the other way around  Cheesy

Healthy sentiment.
I'm a little puzzled though, that so many people switched from "dividends imminent" to "well, it'll take till fall/winter". I for one - given FC's statement - am not really inclined to "give him" a couple of months. He intended to pay the first dividends in May (said so himself) and now he said "ASAP". Technically it can take months, given his statement, but that'd be really misleading.

There was no such statement made by fc. It was jutaruls missinterpretation, i though we already cleared that matter. Am just need to make profit outta gen3. But these things take time when scaling up. There is many things to be done: self ops, finding the right/cheap places for own ops, deploying franchisees, managing open pcb design, planning new batches etc etc.. A whole new industry is rising and it would be foolish to rush in.
In FC i trust Smiley

Thank you, FC never said div's in May that was a miscommunication in information from FC to (A board member trying to help shareholders) to the shareholders. I have not changed my stance at all on the dividends since he has never set a firm date for them. I think others may have switched once FC answered the 20 questions we asked since they were really concerned that he left the operation.

Also many people were in short term for a big dividend is my belief so when they weren't paid out when they expected they were pissed but thats the game they were playing with their BTC.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:18:39 PM

...He intended to pay the first dividends in May (said so himself) and now he said "ASAP"....
There was no such statement made by fc. It was jutaruls missinterpretation,...

Thank you, FC never said div's in May that was a miscommunication in information from FC to (A board member trying to help shareholders) to the shareholders....

False.
FC stated the 27th of May. It was his answer, not Jutarul's interpretation. Jutarul only took 'blame' for the phrasing 'aggressive dividends'. FC only said there've been unexpected problems in May, 'that weren't part of the plan'.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
arousedrhino

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:24:55 PM

...He intended to pay the first dividends in May (said so himself) and now he said "ASAP"....

Thank you, FC never said div's in May that was a miscommunication in information from FC to (A board member trying to help shareholders) to the shareholders....

False.
FC stated the 27th of May. It was his answer, not Jutarul's interpretation. Jutarul only took 'blame' for the phrasing 'aggressive dividends'. FC only said there've been unexpected problems in May, 'that weren't part of the plan'.

Show me the quote and Ill eat my words.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:28:16 PM

False.

Yup, Jutural only added the words "Aggressive Dividends". But everything FC said pointed to Aggressive Dividends too that would be on a monthly schedule starting around May 27th with the release of a financial report. So FC definitely did miss the deadline (by a (1-2) days) on a financial report and dividends have been (not 100% sure) used for the next round of chips. At the moment I believe the speculation was on whether the money from the second Batch of Chips would be used to fund the third Batch of Chips/Gen4 or be used for Dividends.

I think FC answered this question with the 20 Questions though, stating that it was a 1:2 split but I'll have to go back and look. But FC has definitely mentioned his stance on dividends and when they were supposed to start paying out. I just think a few things changed, maybe pushed Gen4 up a little, overestimated on some numbers, etc..
JoTheKhan

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:30:15 PM

Gentlemen,

don't get carried away by speculating on the quality of communication by friedcat. As pointed out multiple times, due to the nature of the operation there is little incentive to do extensive IR, other than the necessary accounting and communication through shareholder representatives (board). Instead the focus is on the core business. Friedcat decided to not pass the statements by the board first, but instead releasing them to the public directly.

Regarding the often quoted "aggressive dividends":
Let me take the blame here, because these are not friedcats words. Also I think there is massive confusion about what "aggressive" actually means. Thus let me remove any ambiguity by posting the text from the respective communication:

Code:
(BoardMember1) so I underatand that the next payments to the shareholders shoudl happen in May....
(BoardMember2) regarding dividends, do you have a target for retained earnings vs. dividends?
(BoardMember2) if retained earnings is high we need to consider the security mechanisms for the company treasury.
(FC) At most 1:2. Most retained are for short-time spendings (license, wafer/components order). There are no long-time plan of retaining since we won't buy land/bond/etc.
(BoardMember2) Alternatively AM could get "invested" in related businesses
(BoardMember2) If no opportunities exist I agree to an aggressive dividend schedule

As you can see there is no determination of timing other than FC's statement that short-term spendings need to be covered. The "aggressiveness" describes the overall split between retaining and paying out. That said, even board members assumed that dividends would resume in May with a 1:2 split of retained:payout.

Finally, I am shocked by the amount of outrage caused by what could be considered an uneducated interpretation of some raw data. The resemblance of this being a deliberate attempt to prey on the lack of insight and patience of new investors is strong. As pointed out previously, the financials are hard to read without context and further explanations.

I am committed to provide further information as it becomes available. However, some of the information which is important for company valuation is actually also crucial to pricing sales and thus falls within the realm of confidential information. Thus you cannot expect that this kind of information be released to the public. Anything else would be a level of transparency which is rather uncommon in these industries.

Here is the quote by J. where he references the "aggressive dividend" wording. Those are how J. words the dividend schedule.
arousedrhino

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:31:16 PM

There is this quote:

There are no general updates this time, only the replies to the questions raised and submitted by forum shareholders:

Specific Updates
================

Submitted Questions:
1) When can we expect the financial report that's supposed to coincide with the next round of dividends?
re 1) May 27.

2) With the switch to selling chips, can we expect dividends to be paid out on are "more monthly" basis?
re 2) Most likely yes.

3) What capacity of gen 3 hardware is supposed to be used for franchised mining?
re 3) Depending on the capacity of our franchisees. We personally think 20P could be possible even inside China.

4) What are the current approximate terms of franchised mining, i.e. what does it take to become a franchisee and how are AM and the shareholders profiting from it?
re 4) We have the deployment team to investigate and audit the franchisees. We prefer the original 80/20 division and the 80% are calculated as our mining income. But the cost of the device (without chips) needs to be calculated in so there will be adjustments.

5) Are there any current plans of improving the PR; maybe bi-weekly short summaries or a PR person (board member?)? Are question sets like this an option, maybe once a month?
re 5) This question set can be posed more frequently. For the PR topic, it's still a to-be-solved problem.

6) Is it feasible to create a "gen 3.5" with the consumption drawbacks fixed? With the consumption issue at hand, what is the timeframe for gen 4; are there any adjustments?
re 6) No "gen3.5", but there will be "gen3.1", which is exploiting the production options from the fab the minimize the consumption.

7) After recent crackdowns on BTC exchanges in China, is AM still unaffected and are there strategies to continue operations in case of problems?
re 7) There are no crackdown on BTC exchanges. What the central bank did was to secretly prevent banks from keeping their company bank accounts without placing any public bans. It reflects the fact that the gov has still been pretending that they are neutral to Bitcoin.

General Disclaimer
==================

Please note that some information is subject to change, as this is a very agile business. Please be careful when speculating on company valuation. This information is purely provided as a service to current shareholders and may not be free of errors.

But the way the question was phrased with supposed and FC's vague answer does not commit to Dividends on May 27th just Financial Reports that may coincide with dividends or dividends that may coincide with financial reports. Also this was through a board member so it was not a direct communication from FC.

There is also:

Gentlemen,

don't get carried away by speculating on the quality of communication by friedcat. As pointed out multiple times, due to the nature of the operation there is little incentive to do extensive IR, other than the necessary accounting and communication through shareholder representatives (board). Instead the focus is on the core business. Friedcat decided to not pass the statements by the board first, but instead releasing them to the public directly.

Let me take the blame here, because these are not friedcats words. Also I think there is massive confusion about what "aggressive" actually means. Thus let me remove any ambiguity by posting the text from the respective communication:

Code:
(BoardMember1) so I underatand that the next payments to the shareholders shoudl happen in May....
(BoardMember2) regarding dividends, do you have a target for retained earnings vs. dividends?
(BoardMember2) if retained earnings is high we need to consider the security mechanisms for the company treasury.
(FC) At most 1:2. Most retained are for short-time spendings (license, wafer/components order). There are no long-time plan of retaining since we won't buy land/bond/etc.
(BoardMember2) Alternatively AM could get "invested" in related businesses
(BoardMember2) If no opportunities exist I agree to an aggressive dividend schedule

As you can see there is no determination of timing other than FC's statement that short-term spendings need to be covered. The "aggressiveness" describes the overall split between retaining and paying out. That said, even board members assumed that dividends would resume in May with a 1:2 split of retained:payout.

Finally, I am shocked by the amount of outrage caused by what could be considered an uneducated interpretation of some raw data. The resemblance of this being a deliberate attempt to prey on the lack of insight and patience of new investors is strong. As pointed out previously, the financials are hard to read without context and further explanations.

I am committed to provide further information as it becomes available. However, some of the information which is important for company valuation is actually also crucial to pricing sales and thus falls within the realm of confidential information. Thus you cannot expect that this kind of information be released to the public. Anything else would be a level of transparency which is rather uncommon in these industries.

But that does not show FC committing to May either for the dividends.
havelock

Activity: 328

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 08:35:44 PM

Coming soon to Havelock Investments...

Participate in The Future of Mining:
DataTank Mining; Immersion Cooling technology in cooperation with ASICMiner.
The most efficient way to mine.

http://youtu.be/oZavKweMrP4

Stay tuned, more info in the next 48 hours.

minerpumpkin

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:40:28 PM

...The new round of dividends are scheduled to begin as soon as the first large purchases have concluded and should precede or coincide with the publication of the updated financial statements....

1) When can we expect the financial report that's supposed to coincide with the next round of dividends?
re 1) May 27.

First of all, we would like to explain the situation we had in this May. The sales of chips mainly happened before May, while the ramp-up speed of chip sales slowed down mainly because of the lack of flexible whole-device solutions (having features of easy transportation, widely available components, etc) from our customers (device producers). As dedicated projects on improving the design of BE200-based devices we believe we will see much better sales because the room for hash rate growth is still huge and our cost in terms of $/G is highly competitive.

9) Can you please clarify this sentence from 21st April : "The dividend schedule will be aggressive, as AM will not require large sums of retained capital." < is this still actual, or meanwhile something changed?
It is still actual. The condition in May is not a part of the plan. When we were forecasted permissively about this summer's production power of the fab, we ordered as many wafers as we could to prevent the bottleneck with wafer production.

Eat your words.  Smiley

minerpumpkin

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:42:06 PM

Paging Antirack...

chairforce1

Activity: 316

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:52:21 PM

wat

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. #yolo

-Epicuru$
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:04:25 PM

wat

translation:

"We want you to give us more money before we pay you dividends on the last sum of money you gave us."

great plan.   Undecided

Here's what I see... you pay them more BTC to this, and they pay you it back as dividends from the previous crowd funded effort that you already gave them your BTC.
here's what you are allowed to give them in funding (before they pay you dividends from the previous round of begging)
1MW immersion cooling container cost over $700K, assuming heavy 3M subsidies
Extremely cheap air cooling DC cost under $150K per 1MW
it takes a lot more space, so factor in costs for floorspace...
And the PUE is 1.3-1.4
but there are indeed lots if places on this planet with cheap land and cheap electricity.

enjoy throwing your money at this one.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:08:09 PM

wat

omg omg buy buy buy Cheesy
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:25:33 PM

wat

translation:

"We want you to give us more money before we pay you dividends on the last sum of money you gave us."

great plan.   Undecided

enjoy throwing your money at this one.

Translation:

I am a spondoolies shill and this is a competing project

I highly doubt anyone will take advice from someone who invested in cbcm.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:28:16 PM

When do you expect to get some dividends jimmothy?

jimmothy

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:30:48 PM

Does it matter? AM has already reached a positive ROI.

Are there any other bitcoin investments which were able to turn $2 million in to $20 million within a few months?
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:31:09 PM

cbcm is a startup, I am proud to help startup businesses.
ASICMiner have been doing this HOW LONG? and yet, we are going to see the begging letter on another IPO "fund this with your crowdfunding".

So.. AM either

A) Have no money

or

B) Have plenty money

which do we suppose it is?
A

or B?

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
jimmothy

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:35:17 PM

cbcm is a startup, I am proud to help startup businesses.
ASICMiner have been doing this HOW LONG? and yet, we are going to see the begging letter on another IPO "fund this with your crowdfunding".

So.. AM either

A) Have no money

or

B) Have plenty money

which do we suppose it is?
A

or B?

Please point me to where you discovered that AM is running this immersion project.

CBCM is not only a startup, its a shitty overpriced startup. Anyone who took a look at the revenue forecast would know it's garbage.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:37:36 PM

Does it matter? AM has already reached a positive ROI.

Are there any other bitcoin investments which were able to turn $2 million in to $20 million within a few months?

For who? For you maybe, but what about the people who just bought AM shares?

Also reaching a positive ROI doesn't mean that it's ok for them to not issue dividends anymore and just do whatever they want with the money.

Pages: « 1 ... 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: