Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:01:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916327 times)
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:57:42 AM

Asking for dividends -in any kind of investment- is asking to destroy their capacity of growth. Basically by insisting on dividends you are squeezing your golden goose.
Only if you can trust them.
Here we are talking about a bitcoin company operating in China in a very secretive manner.
What's your recourse should they just grab the money and cancel the shares? Zero.
So you obviously want dividends, otherwise you've got nothing.

Lohoris, what game are you playing for god's sake.
If you don't trust them, sell your shares and forget about it.

Does he really have any shares (still)Huh The way he talks makes me think he already got out of the game or, at best, still owns a couple of very old shares "just to be safe" and really doesn't care anymore  Grin

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jdany

Activity: 644

Inspired

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:20:05 AM

My first 8 shares of AM had a bitcoin cost average of 2.5BTC. (Burnside's BTCTC.CO)
Granted, BTC was around $60/each, but it's a bit painful to look at the top of the spreadsheet and see some of the wicked prices AM fetched.

I bring this up because it feels a lot like March/April of 2013. 
I think, for the most part, Gen2 chips created a gaping hole of almost a year in the momentum of this company.

I'm still buying into a company that can bring more chips to market than any other company.
Even if Gen3 was a bit of a stinker (power-wise) they still have the reach to make more and better chips in the future.
Their name still demands cooperation from other manufactures.
I think they got a little caught off guard that 200's didn't sell off the shelves like they did back in '13.
If they phase right into Gen4 chips, after Gen3 has done all it can do, I think marketing (and PR) will be less of an issue.

Just a few random 7am thoughts...
chairforce1

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:49:51 PM

The order book over the last few months has been like watching the tides roll in and out. Somebody has to be making money off this.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. #yolo

-Epicuru$
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:56:55 PM

The order book over the last few months has been like watching the tides roll in and out. Somebody has to be making money off this.

Sure, it's basically just a bet that there is no massive movement up or down, it's just waiting and playing the people. But to believe that this is done by FC or someone from AM is ludicrous, since the volume and the swings on Havelock are much to shallow to really profit...

chairforce1

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:54:13 PM

But to believe that this is done by FC or someone from AM is ludicrous
That's not what I meant at all. Just wondering if anyone is buying on missed dates and selling on rumors. Normally the saying is buy on rumors and sell on news.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. #yolo

-Epicuru$
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:56:01 PM

But to believe that this is done by FC or someone from AM is ludicrous
That's not what I meant at all. Just wondering if anyone is buying on missed dates and selling on rumors. Normally the saying is buy on rumors and sell on news.

Yeah, I guess people may be doing that. At least it's better than losing money. But you have to be careful not to miss the real train, when it really comes. That's the gamble here.

bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:21:08 PM

Saying to make "investments" based on rumors, is like trying to make a living buying lottery tickets and call it doing "business".
I can see that most people who are "investors" here are extremely amateurish.
So let me give some words of advice:

1) Never speculate, don't buy anything by hearing shit from third parties. Gather data yourself.
2) Don't be "Dumb Money": in the business and investment world they classify investors as "smart money" and "dumb money". "Smart money" are investors who are also experts in the field you are entrepreneuring, so the main capital is not the money they are bringing to the table but their expertise and connections that would eventually be a great help for the growth of the company. "Dumb Money" is what most AM shareholders are: bunch of clueless chickens who are just sitting on their chairs asking to the entrepreneur when they will see their money back. Not only they are not providing any help, but they are also an annoyance.
For future entrepreneurs out there: never take "dumb money".
For future investors: never invest in something you don't understand or can't help it to grow.
3) Never invest if you can't afford to lose.
4) Don't try to get quick profits by instilling FUD. That is extremely shortsighted and moronic, especially destructive for startups.

I declined to take commissions when I was bringing business to my investments, refusing finders fee and sales commissions because my main goal is to provide value to my investments. The end game is not some money now, but astronomical price when the companies exits (when they sell the company).

If you are a true investor in AM the best you can do is to think how you can assist to your company to be leading in the market. Can you connect them with potential buyers? Do you know a place with cheap electricity? Do you have connections with financiers? Or at least, can you refrain from talking shit about the company you invested? It is fucking moronic and self-defeating to become an annoyance and expecting them to outperform when you are staining their image.
Be fucking smart.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:23:32 PM

There is a rumor that divs would come soon enough in september.. ^^
whalezy

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:37:31 PM

Saying to make "investments" based on rumors, is like trying to make a living buying lottery tickets and call it doing "business".

1) Never speculate, don't buy anything by hearing shit from third parties. Gather data yourself.
2) Don't be "Dumb Money": in the business and investment world they classify investors as "smart money" and "dumb money". "Smart money" are investors who are also experts in the field you are entrepreneuring, so the main capital is not the money they are bringing to the table but their expertise and connections that would eventually be a great help for the growth of the company. "Dumb Money" is what most AM shareholders are: bunch of clueless chickens who are just sitting on their chairs asking to the entrepreneur when they will see their money back. Not only they are not providing any help, but they are also an annoyance.
For future investors: never invest in something you don't understand or can't help it to grow.
4) Don't try to get quick profits by instilling FUD. That is extremely shortsighted and moronic, especially destructive for startups.

I declined to take commissions when I was bringing business to my investments, refusing finders fee and sales commissions because my main goal is to provide value to my investments. The end game is not some money now, but astronomical price when the companies exits (when they sell the company).

If you are a true investor in AM the best you can do is to think how you can assist to your company to be leading in the market. Can you connect them with potential buyers? Do you know a place with cheap electricity? Do you have connections with financiers? Or at least, can you refrain from talking shit about the company you invested? It is fucking moronic and self-defeating to become an annoyance and expecting them to outperform when you are staining their image.
Be fucking smart.

Based on your theory and your frequency of talking, I think you need to replace your donation link with AM's AD in your signature, at least.
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:50:39 PM

Be fucking smart.

Well said! 
chairforce1

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:03:50 PM

Hey some people do. I was merely wondering if anyone did. How about you stop punishing people for being victims of your own preconceived notions?

Ah I believe you must be looking for the accredited investor lounge. Sorry this is a public forum.

So let me give some words of advice

Don't bother.

Be fucking smart.

Amen brother. I've already purchased advertisement space for AM. You wanna help rally people to create a pool to get more? I really don't have the money to keep doing that.

-Epicuru$
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:12:46 PM

Does he really have any shares (still)Huh The way he talks makes me think he already got out of the game or, at best, still owns a couple of very old shares "just to be safe" and really doesn't care anymore  Grin
Precisely, very good catch! : )

Except the "doesn't care": I care enough to come here and discuss, and I hate to see people lose money, so I give warnings here and there.

Denying the AM is high-risk due to its Bitcoin+unregulated+China nature is bad.
Accepting that and investing anyway is good as long as you understand what you are doing and which are the risks.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:44:11 PM

...I can see that most people who are "investors" here are extremely amateurish.

4realz?  Gotta be a few professionals here who are intentionally losing massive amounts of money.  Like U, 4 instance.

Never take advice from Anons.  Trading is not a cooperative sport.  For every good trade, there must be a matching *bad* trade.

2) ... "Dumb Money" is what most AM shareholders are: bunch of clueless chickens who are just sitting on their chairs asking to the entrepreneur when they will see their money back. Not only they are not providing any help, but they are also an annoyance.

"Dumb money" is what *ALL* AM shareholders are.  At least all who bought shares on Havelock.  Because:

There may be a few smart traders, but no smart investors.

...and FFS, never invest on an exchange where not a single offering is trading above its initial listing price.  That sort of thing doesn't just make you "dumb money," it makes you certifiably insane.

See (1).

wut
Someone offered you commissions?  But you can't type up a grammatically correct post.  You have no understanding of the very rudiments of business, like "contracts are there to be followed, not broken," "if you're a multimillion getting funding on some interwebs forum, spend five minutes a day posting to keep the marks calm," and "once the shares are sold, the issuer doesn't lose a penny if the shareholders dump their shares for nothing.  Conversely, the issuer doesn't profit if the share price skyrockets.  Not unless the issuer plans to sell more shares."

Stop typing nonsense, inept pimping is the worst kind of FUD.  It's frickin' embarrassing to read through, too.
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:12:56 PM

...I can see that most people who are "investors" here are extremely amateurish.

4realz?  Gotta be a few professionals here who are intentionally losing massive amounts of money.  Like U, 4 instance.

Never take advice from Anons.  Trading is not a cooperative sport.  For every good trade, there must be a matching *bad* trade.

2) ... "Dumb Money" is what most AM shareholders are: bunch of clueless chickens who are just sitting on their chairs asking to the entrepreneur when they will see their money back. Not only they are not providing any help, but they are also an annoyance.

"Dumb money" is what *ALL* AM shareholders are.  At least all who bought shares on Havelock.  Because:

There may be a few smart traders, but no smart investors.

...and FFS, never invest on an exchange where not a single offering is trading above its initial listing price.  That sort of thing doesn't just make you "dumb money," it makes you certifiably insane.

See (1).

wut
Someone offered you commissions?  But you can't type up a grammatically correct post.  You have no understanding of the very rudiments of business, like "contracts are there to be followed, not broken," "if you're a multimillion getting funding on some interwebs forum, spend five minutes a day posting to keep the marks calm," and "once the shares are sold, the issuer doesn't lose a penny if the shareholders dump their shares for nothing.  Conversely, the issuer doesn't profit if the share price skyrockets.  Not unless the issuer plans to sell more shares."

Stop typing nonsense, inept pimping is the worst kind of FUD.  It's frickin' embarrassing to read through, too.

another advice: don't spit upwards, it'll fall on your face
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:34:29 PM

Well, I gotta say: Is it really Havelock's fault that "none of the stocks trade above IPO price"? It's the stocks that fail, not Havelock per se. I assume it's more of a general problem of the Bitcoin securities/stock market and people coming up with IPOs that don't have a sound business model business model

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7968

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:55:31 PM

Well, I gotta say: Is it really Havelock's fault that "none of the stocks trade above IPO price"? It's the stocks that fail, not Havelock per se. I assume it's more of a general problem of the Bitcoin securities/stock market and people coming up with IPOs that don't have a sound business model business model

You shouldn't have said that.  It shows a lack of reading comprehension skills.
Not one person in this thread has blamed Havelock. 
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:29:12 PM

I didn't quite say it was Havelock's fault--just that it's stupid to try making money there.
There's no evidence of such a thing ever having been done, making the possibility of it *ever* happening speculative at best.*

But now that you bring the responsibility thing up, I'll say it:  Yes, it is partially Havelock's fault.

Havelock's fault for pretending to screen their offerings.
Havelock's fault for making assurances like "we hold all the money in escrow until it's needs by the issuer" (presumably doling it out like a parent does his child's allowance), and then failing to act on their promise (see Mintspare thread).
Havelock's fault for their own grossly overvalued IPO [HIF], which flopped just like all the rest of the crap listed there.

There's plenty more, but TL;DR:  I didn't claim it's Havelock's fault, but, now that you mention it, it kinda is.

*I'm talking about investing as opposed to trading.  It's possible to make money trading, and the fact that the charts have some upswings interrupting their negative slope is proof enough that some people, at some point, have bought lower than they sold (profited).
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:13:08 AM

It is a very rare bird that can fly as high as bitcoin itself. Do you really expect any business model to provide the kind of value that the original p2p money will? Fo realz. As an ipo "investor" in AM I'm still really happy and have kept a large position in cold storage (and living 100% off of bitcoin for over a year), despite quite a few other losses learning experiences.

How are you doing notlambchop? How is your time investment in bitcointalk tsunami warnings going for you?

To newbs...if you are wondering... keep and hold bitcoins primarily if you want real returns...that is all. Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:08:58 AM

How are you doing notlambchop? How is your time investment in bitcointalk tsunami warnings going for you?

Grin
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:52:42 AM

Grin

I don't want to spoil anyone by asking for an explanation, but I don't get the reference, will someone please indulge me and explain the background, it sounds adventurous and I'd like to know more Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: