Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:15:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 [1127] 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916326 times)
vortex1878

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:32:22 PM

From the tube sales thread:

Price adjusted to 7.9 btc per set.

Round 1 purchasers get a coupon of 0.05 btc per device. (0.5 btc per set, 0.0125 btc per hashing unit)

Round 2 purchasers bought at the price before price adjustment get refunds of the price difference, preferrably to the payment source address.

All coupons and refunds happen only between our direct purchasers and us.

Very generous to the customers. But I am afraid this means less income for the shareholders.

Fostering customer relations though. Which other company gives refunds they don't have to give?!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:02:14 PM

Round 1 purchasers get a coupon of 0.05 btc per device. (0.5 btc per set, 0.0125 btc per hashing unit)

Round 2 purchasers bought at the price before price adjustment get refunds of the price difference, preferrably to the payment source address.

Very generous to the customers. But I am afraid this means less income for the shareholders.

Fostering customer relations though. Which other company gives refunds they don't have to give?!

It shows again how honest ASICMiner is! They did the same thing with the first generation, when they adjusted the price for the USB Block Erupter miners quite a few times over summer. And people who purchased at the old prices got the new miners for 0.1 BTC each (with a maximum quantity of the previously bought miners)

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:03:57 PM

It is a very rare bird that can fly as high as bitcoin itself. Do you really expect any business model to provide the kind of value that the original p2p money will? Fo realz.

Remedial Economics
When [normal] people invest dollars, Bitcoin, or shekels (from here on: Unit_of_account), they do it to get more Unit_of_account, not less.
When you invest 10 Unit_of_account and lose 9, you have [dramatic pause] lost 9 Unit_of_account, and are left with only 1.  The colloquialism for that is "losing money," regardless of the changing value of Unit_of_account.

If a [normal] person expects the value of his particular Unit_of_account to go up faster than the value of his "investment," he [another forced dramatic pause] DOES NOT INVEST.  Because such an investment would lose him money, and that's called, in the highly specialized and technical jargon of economics, "FUCKIN' STUPID."

Having dealt with you previously, I don't really expect you to grasp the underlying logic, so simply do this: If you think your "very rare bird" is going to appreciate faster than the shit business you plan to "invest in," DO NOT INVEST.  Because that's what not_stupid_people do.
Imitate not_stupid_people--they're smarter than you.

How are you doing notlambchop? How is your time investment in bitcointalk tsunami warnings going for you?

You might as well ask me how my investment in vacuuming_my_house, brushing_my_teeth, and wiping_my_sphincter_after_getting_off_the_toilet is going for me.  Tedious, doesn't win me ribbons, but shit gotta be done.
While it make me no money directly, it keeps my Bitcoin from turning to shit.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7968

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:07:03 PM

The reason they are giving refunds is because there was a delay in the shipment of the first batch due to a technical error and the promised shipping dates were missed.  FC is showing integrity and gaining trust and respect in the process.  Would you prefer, he take the path of BFL, KNC and others.  He needed to give refunds.  He did the right thing.
NotLambchop

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:13:55 PM

I don't want to spoil anyone by asking for an explanation, but I don't get the reference, will someone please indulge me and explain the background, it sounds adventurous and I'd like to know more Smiley

I have no idea either, but I suspect it's something along the lines of "he's Mircea Popescu; Eduardo deCastro; FED; [insert bogeyman here]."
vortex1878

Activity: 492

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:22:42 PM

The reason they are giving refunds is because there was a delay in the shipment of the first batch due to a technical error and the promised shipping dates were missed.  FC is showing integrity and gaining trust and respect in the process.  Would you prefer, he take the path of BFL, KNC and others.  He needed to give refunds.  He did the right thing.

Yes, agreed absolutely. I did not intend to criticise that move at all.

But the reason you are stating is not correct. Just a few shipments of round 1 were delayed.
And if your reasoning was correct, there would not be any refund for round 2 customers. Wink
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:56:44 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 02:56:55 PM by silverfuture

It is a very rare bird that can fly as high as bitcoin itself. Do you really expect any business model to provide the kind of value that the original p2p money will? Fo realz.

Remedial Economics
When [normal] people invest dollars, Bitcoin, or shekels (from here on: Unit_of_account), they do it to get more Unit_of_account, not less.
When you invest 10 Unit_of_account and lose 9, you have [dramatic pause] lost 9 Unit_of_account, and are left with only 1.  The colloquialism for that is "losing money," regardless of the changing value of Unit_of_account.

If a [normal] person expects the value of his particular Unit_of_account to go up faster than the value of his "investment," he [another forced dramatic pause] DOES NOT INVEST.  Because such an investment would lose him money, and that's called, in the highly specialized and technical jargon of economics, "FUCKIN' STUPID."

Having dealt with you previously, I don't really expect you to grasp the underlying logic, so simply do this: If you think your "very rare bird" is going to appreciate faster than the shit business you plan to "invest in," DO NOT INVEST.  Because that's what not_stupid_people do.
Imitate not_stupid_people--they're smarter than you.

How are you doing notlambchop? How is your time investment in bitcointalk tsunami warnings going for you?

You might as well ask me how my investment in vacuuming_my_house, brushing_my_teeth, and wiping_my_sphincter_after_getting_off_the_toilet is going for me.  Tedious, doesn't win me ribbons, but shit gotta be done.
While it make me no money directly, it keeps my Bitcoin from turning to shit.

You seem really upset.  I agree with you on many levels, but am a little concerned for your health and well being.  Why spend so much time trying to sound the alarm in almost every security thread going?  You can't prevent people from making poor decisions with their coins. Wiping your ass is a necessity for life but your investment in time here seems like a poor one based more in some sort of personality dysfunction of enjoying talking down to others and insulting them for thier poor decisions. As if the pain of loss already wasn't enough to jar them out of their slumber.

If you are honestly doing this to help newbs then that is commendable but I am left wondering.  AM is the last company to be critical of in this space as they have been nothing but the best investment with the most ethical and well thought out approach in the entire community so far.  Yes, the share price came down very heavily from it's peak, but that peak was achieved for good reasons (and community wide over-exuberance).  Instead of chiming in to every thread with the shrill voice of a tsunami warning, why not create a business model with your obviously sharp mind that will perform well in this environment? Who knows, I might invest myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:15:23 PM

please stop feeding that lambtrollchop.
silverfuture
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:36:54 PM

We have to realize that there is (most often) a man or woman on the other end of these communications with dreams, hopes, aspirations, dysfunctions, and fears. Calling them trolls is sometimes accurate but often misses the point and neglects the opportunity to heal schisms and build community. I know it sounds naive, but bitcoin is about more than computers and technical details and economic prowess. It is ultimately about people.  The ones who have run scams may think they are getting away with it, but they have to deal with their dysfunction (and affirmations of scarcity) every day they look in the mirror. I don't regret my bitcoin experiences because I approach it with a pure heart and a clean conscience. I like who I see in the mirror despite being taken advantage of in some cases and resolve to support people who are really doing something cool and avoid the corrupted ones.  I ultimately, like NotLambChop, want to see bitcoin succeed in providing a better, more prosperous, and less corrupt world for myself and everyone else. There is much work to be done and none of us is an island.

Investors need to understand that most investments in the bitcoin space are a conversion to fiat at whatever the concurrent fiat/btc price may be and act accordingly to manage expectations. If you are long btc, then hold it like you mean it.

ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:38:34 PM

We have to realize that there is (most often) a man or woman on the other end of these communications with dreams, hopes, aspirations, dysfunctions, and fears. Calling them trolls is sometimes accurate but often misses the point and neglects the opportunity to heal schisms and build community. I know it sounds naive, but bitcoin is about more than computers and technical details and economic prowess. It is ultimately about people.  The ones who have run scams may think they are getting away with it, but they have to deal with their dysfunction (and affirmations of scarcity) every day they look in the mirror. I don't regret my bitcoin experiences because I approach it with a pure heart and a clean conscience. I like who I see in the mirror despite being taken advantage of in some cases and resolve to support people who are really doing something cool and avoid the corrupted ones.  I ultimately, like NotLambChop, want to see bitcoin succeed in providing a better, more prosperous, and less corrupt world for myself and everyone else. There is much work to be done and none of us is an island.

Investors need to understand that most investments in the bitcoin space are a conversion to fiat at whatever the concurrent fiat/btc price may be and act accordingly to manage expectations. If you are long btc, then hold it like you mean it.

Everything is about people! But sadly people also are greedy and try to scam people whenever they get the chance to - well, at least some of them do! Spending time on trying to reason with people is often time wasted, unfortunately. But I try doing that nonetheless, as well Smiley

silverfuture
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:03:21 PM

Everything is about people! But sadly people also are greedy and try to scam people whenever they get the chance to - well, at least some of them do! Spending time on trying to reason with people is often time wasted, unfortunately. But I try doing that nonetheless, as well Smiley

Good for you. No sense spending too much time trying to reason with others when there is so much good to contribute to in our daily lives. That reminds me, I have a to do list giving me the 'ol stinkeye from across the table.  Cheesy

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7968

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:07:22 PM

Yes, agreed absolutely. I did not intend to criticise that move at all.

But the reason you are stating is not correct. Just a few shipments of round 1 were delayed.
And if your reasoning was correct, there would not be any refund for round 2 customers. Wink

Actually, the round two price was adjusted downward after the round began.  The refunds for round 2 customers only apply to those who purchased before the price adjustment.  So there are two different reasons and two different values for the refunds.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:11:42 PM

You seem really upset.  I agree with you on many levels, but am a little concerned for your health and well being.  Why spend so much time trying to sound the alarm in almost every security thread going?  You can't prevent people from making poor decisions with their coins. Wiping your ass is a necessity for life but your investment in time here seems like a poor one based more in some sort of personality dysfunction of enjoying talking down to others and insulting them for thier poor decisions. As if the pain of loss already wasn't enough to jar them out of their slumber.

If you are honestly doing this to help newbs then that is commendable but I am left wondering.  AM is the last company to be critical of in this space as they have been nothing but the best investment with the most ethical and well thought out approach in the entire community so far.  Yes, the share price came down very heavily from it's peak, but that peak was achieved for good reasons (and community wide over-exuberance).  Instead of chiming in to every thread with the shrill voice of a tsunami warning, why not create a business model with your obviously sharp mind that will perform well in this environment? Who knows, I might invest myself.

I find it hilarious that he mocks people for investing in bitcoin securities because the share price has dropped. By the very own logic he's using, he's every bit as much of a failure as those he mocks because the USD/BTC price is less than half of its all time high.

He's just trolling.
NotLambchop

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:42:59 PM

If you are honestly doing this to help newbs then that is commendable but I am left wondering.  AM is the last company to be critical of in this space as they have been nothing but the best investment with the most ethical and well thought out approach in the entire community so far.  Yes, the share price came down very heavily from it's peak, but that peak was achieved for good reasons (and community wide over-exuberance).  Instead of chiming in to every thread with the shill voice of a tsunami warning, why not create a business model with your obviously sharp mind that will perform well in this environment? Who knows, I might invest myself.

Not sure if upset.  A bit disheartened that Bitcoin has attracted so much scam, but it is what it is--an unfortunate fact that must be dealt with.  Let me clear up some misunderstandings.

I'm not the "sh[r]ill voice of a tsunami warning."  I'm only trying to drive home something which should be as obvious as "if you hit your thumb with a five-pound sledge, you're gonna have a bad time."  Yeah, it is a bit unsettling (for me) to watch people hammering their thumbs, expecting different results "because Bitcoin."  But it's not even a knee-jerk response--reflexively stopping a fellow-human from hurting itself--that motivates me.

I'm not even a nice guy.  I'm not concerned about teh n00bs, but rather how their goofy self-mutilation affects Bitcoin as a whole, and how this public perception affects the value of my investment.  I don't even particularly care if stupid n00bs lose money, as long as they do it discretely, quietly, not center-stage under the spotlight.

I'm not a moralfag, I'm looking out for myself.  Just like a guy quietly moving serious weight wouldn't let a punkass crack dealer set up on his stoop to push bunk.  Hint: it's not because he's a nice guy worried about crackheads not getting their due bang for the buck.

Remember NeoBee?  Not to rub it in, but ...fuckit, I will.
This is how Joe Sixpack and aspiring scammers see us:  "Idiots who'll send pseudonymous money to any Anon, to invest in absurd, unworkable schemes guaranteed to lose money even if Anon happened by chance to be honest."  Like that.

Remember Active Mining?  Remember MintSpare?  Remember HASH (most recent)?
Do this:  Pull up any one of my "shrill" warnings, find one that's been shown wrong, and rub it in my face.

And I have nothing against Friedcat.  He seems to be a bright, techy guy.  But what does he have to do with the shares bought and sold on Havelock now?  They're completely out of his hands, have been since the end of the IPO.

TL;DR: Enlightened self-interest.
If some noobs get schooled in the process?  Gravy!
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:51:02 PM

If you are honestly doing this to help newbs then that is commendable but I am left wondering.  AM is the last company to be critical of in this space as they have been nothing but the best investment with the most ethical and well thought out approach in the entire community so far.  Yes, the share price came down very heavily from it's peak, but that peak was achieved for good reasons (and community wide over-exuberance).  Instead of chiming in to every thread with the shill voice of a tsunami warning, why not create a business model with your obviously sharp mind that will perform well in this environment? Who knows, I might invest myself.

Not sure if upset.  A bit disheartened that Bitcoin has attracted so much scam, but it is what it is--an unfortunate fact that must be dealt with.  Let me clear up some misunderstandings.

I'm not the "sh[r]ill voice of a tsunami warning."  I'm only trying to drive home something which should be as obvious as "if you hit your thumb with a five-pound sledge, you're gonna have a bad time."  Yeah, it is a bit unsettling to watch people hammering their thumbs, expecting different results "because Bitcoin."  That thumb-pounding doesn't speak well of us Bitcoiners, it's not the image I'd like to project.

I'm not even a nice guy.  I'm not concerned about teh n00bs, but rather how their goofy self-mutilation affects Bitcoin as a whole, and how this public perception affects the value of my investment.  I don't even particularly care if stupid n00bs lose money, as long as they do it discretely, quietly, not center-stage under the spotlight.

I'm not a moralfag, I'm looking out for myself.  Just like a guy quietly moving serious weight wouldn't let a punkass crack dealer set up on his stoop to push bunk.  Hint: it's not because he's a nice guy worried about crackheads not getting their due bang for the buck.

Remember NeoBee?  Not to rub it in, but ...fuckit, I will.
This is how Joe Sixpack and aspiring scammers see us:  "Idiots who'll send pseudonymous money to any Anon, to invest in absurd, unworkable schemes guaranteed to lose money even if Anon happened by chance to be honest and didn't take off."  Like that.

Remember Active Mining?  Remember MintSpare?  Remember HASH (most recent)?
Do this:  Pull up any one of my "shrill" warnings, find one that's been shown wrong, and rub it in my face.

And I have nothing against Friedcat.  He seems to be a bright, techy guy.  But what does he have to do with the shares bought and sold on Havelock now?  They're completely out of his hands, have been since the end of the IPO.

TL;DR: Enlightened self-interest.
If some noobs get schooled in the process?  Gravy!

At this point, its nearly obvious that you're Mircea Popescu.  You realize that the reason nobody wants to trade on MPex is because of the 5-10-30-whatever-it-is-this-month BTC buy-in, right?  Sorry friedcat didn't want to list ASICMINER on MPex, that sucks for you as the exchange operator, I think we can all empathize with that.  But dude, if you're going to try and run a sock account, try to at least adjust your writing style a little bit.  You're literally the only person in this community that speaks like a 17th century baron; it's not difficult to guess your identity.

TL;DR: http://trilema.com/
NotLambchop

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:20:16 PM

At this point, its nearly obvious that you're Mircea Popescu.  You realize that the reason nobody wants to trade on MPex is because of the 5-10-30-whatever-it-is-this-month BTC buy-in, right?  Sorry friedcat didn't want to list ASICMINER on MPex, that sucks for you as the exchange operator, I think we can all empathize with that.  But dude, if you're going to try and run a sock account, try to at least adjust your writing style a little bit.  You're literally the only person in this community that speaks like a 17th century baron; it's not difficult to guess your identity.

TL;DR: http://trilema.com/

Lol no.  I haven't met or even had a conversation with the guy, but I enjoy reading his/MPOE_PR's stuff.  Don't agree with some of it, but that makes little difference--would be fun to hang with him.
Re. "writing style":
My cat can't spot stylistic differences between Dr. Seuss and Comte de Lautreamont.  Doesn't mean he's not a bright cat, but he's wrong--there are some Undecided
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:26:04 PM

People, could we please, for crying out loud, stay on topic here? This thread is already bloated below repair and people are paying students to gather information from it, we don't need pages upon pages discussion who is a second account of whom.

aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:54:02 PM

People, could we please, for crying out loud, stay on topic here? This thread is already bloated below repair and people are paying students to gather information from it, we don't need pages upon pages discussion who is a second account of whom.

I actually think that student gave up -_- at least he has not contacted me for payment of any kind.  So, I may be trying to do it myself here soon.  So, yeah you have a point.

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:33:04 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 08:11:31 PM by hdbuck

We have to realize that there is (most often) a man or woman on the other end of these communications with dreams, hopes, aspirations, dysfunctions, and fears. Calling them trolls is sometimes accurate but often misses the point and neglects the opportunity to heal schisms and build community. I know it sounds naive, but bitcoin is about more than computers and technical details and economic prowess. It is ultimately about people.  The ones who have run scams may think they are getting away with it, but they have to deal with their dysfunction (and affirmations of scarcity) every day they look in the mirror. I don't regret my bitcoin experiences because I approach it with a pure heart and a clean conscience. I like who I see in the mirror despite being taken advantage of in some cases and resolve to support people who are really doing something cool and avoid the corrupted ones.  I ultimately, like NotLambChop, want to see bitcoin succeed in providing a better, more prosperous, and less corrupt world for myself and everyone else. There is much work to be done and none of us is an island.

Im all in for bitcoin to suceed, im all in for AM to conquer the mining industry, im all for people with good faith. Im just tired of that lambchopmeme poping up every time AM is not doing good (or at least gives the impression, since there is not much info/data to make such assumptions).

I very much enjoy MP's litterature and all that cynicism as well but it's no use when it comes to AM and investing in it. Know your risk, do your due diligence and piss off. I have been happy with my investment so far and bitcoin's current fragile stagnation is not hurrying me into converting my AM stake back.

Errthing cool. Just fed up with that childish "i know better, blablabla" and people actually feeding that bored/frustrated egomaniac's special account to trash the company i have invested in.. Its so dumb to even compare it to neobee or Active Mining or Mintspare.. This is pure trolling. Critics, yes, but make em constructive please.
NotLambchop

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:09:28 PM

...Im just tired of that lambchopmeme poping up every time AM is not doing good (or at least gives the impression, since there is not much info/data to make such assumptions)...

Is AM doing particularly badly?  I mean, is the rate of loss any higher average?
Just to be clear, if I was here "every time AM [was] not doing good," I would have been here regularly, since July.
Not last July, but the July before that, July 2013. (see Fig. 1)
As much as I'd like to dedicate that much time to your "investment," I'm afraid Friedcat is not the only titan of industry, and ur not the only financial magnate vying 4 my attention Undecided

Fig 1.

Edit:  I trimmed off the portion of the chart which Havelock has tacked on below the zero line (presumably to make the whole thing look a bit less embarrassing).  I, personally, do not think that it is possible for the value of AM shares to be negative.
Though who knows, Bitcoin Securities...  Revolutionary, disruptive technology...
Pages: « 1 ... 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 [1127] 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: