Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:43:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GekkoScience BM1384 Project Development Discussion  (Read 146514 times)
brush242

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 07:33:43 PM

While it was a valiant effort on your part, it can't be a real surprise if they decline to sell BM 1385 parts for at least a couple of months. They need to supply all the S7's they can while the market is hot.

Meh. Ever try to build your own car by buying the parts individually?

Generally, there is far more profit in a part than in a whole that comprises parts.

Certainly I cannot speak for Bitmain, but GM doesn't tell you that you cannot get new fuel injectors for their newest model the day it goes on sale because they need those fuel injectors to build more cars.

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 07:46:49 PM

Then, just when you need your ice cold Bud most

Come now, nobody needs beer. Complaining about a shortage of luxury items as a comparison to a shortage of utilities seems kinda foolish.

For the record, my town is home to the biggest St Pats festival in the state and I don't drink but am frequently cynical.

Also our utility provider is something of a member-owned rural cooperative, so presumably not evil. It also appears to be not evil by merit of my non-industrial rates being pretty low compared to a lot of other folks, that low rate being flat regardless of time of day or year, my bills being thorough and accurate, and stuff like if we wanted to upgrade service at the shop they'd pay for the transformers and installation and my rates would go down if we used more power and at the end of the year they credit surplus funds back to customers. It's kinda nice. I don't know why so many people look down on Missouri. Which is also home to Anheuser-Busch, whoopty-doo.

Speaking of monopolies dominating markets, anyone know if anyone's going to bring Bitmain some competition anytime soon?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
brush242

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 09:35:09 PM

Come now, nobody needs beer. Complaining about a shortage of luxury items as a comparison to a shortage of utilities seems kinda foolish.

It is not. It's an illustration of the principle involved. The guy that sells you Bud, for profit, has every incentive to sell you more, and to do so everywhere and every time. He has to compete with all the other beer sellers on quality and cost, thus driving quality up and prices down. Pure benefit to consumer, and beer makers slaughter each other to give you the best product.

Everyone needs bread. Should the gov't create a bread monopoly such that the extremely poor would always have some protection against the eeeevil food companies that won't give a little bit of bread away free? I mean, we do that with power. Let's just pass a law creating a Department of Bread, then ban Allinson, Alvarado Street Bakery, Arnold, Ball Park, Beefsteak, Bimbo, Brownberry, EarthGrains, Entenmann's, Eureka! Baking Company, Francisco, Freihofer's, J.J. Nissen, Mrs. Baird's, Old Country, Oroweat, Sara Lee, Stroehmann's, Thomas', Tía Rosa, Weber's, Bost's Bread, Breddy, Dave's Killer Bread, Davidovich Bagels, Flowers Foods, Holsum Bread, King's Hawaiian, Lender's Bagels, Merita Breads, Mother's Pride, Nature's Pride, Pan Desuyo, Pepperidge Farm, Polarbröd, Rudi's Organic Bakery, Schwebel's Bakery, Sunbeam Bread, VitBe and Wonder Bread, and all the tens of thousands of other bakeries out there from selling anyone bread that wasn't provided by Federal Bread and Water Co. Think that's a smart plan? I mean everyone needs bread. It's not a luxury anymore, it's a necessity. Let's make goddamn sure those bread companies won't shut down people's bread supply after six months of not being paid for their bread.

There are any number of entities that are capable of selling you power right now, with no, or minor, changes to the last mile. Most, if not all, are forbidden by law from doing so or are bound by thousands of pages of regulation such that it isn't worth the effort.

Why *anyone* thinks that limiting to one the number of people that can provide you power somehow *helps* anyone or drives costs down and quality up is beyond me. It doesn't happen.

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 11:18:30 PM

It is not. It's an illustration of the principle involved. The guy that sells you Bud, for profit, has every incentive to sell you more, and to do so everywhere and every time. He has to compete with all the other beer sellers on quality and cost, thus driving quality up and prices down. Pure benefit to consumer, and beer makers slaughter each other to give you the best product.

Everyone needs bread. Should the gov't create a bread monopoly such that the extremely poor would always have some protection against the eeeevil food companies that won't give a little bit of bread away free? I mean, we do that with power. Let's just pass a law creating a Department of Bread, then ban Allinson, Alvarado Street Bakery, Arnold, Ball Park, Beefsteak, Bimbo, Brownberry, EarthGrains, Entenmann's, Eureka! Baking Company, Francisco, Freihofer's, J.J. Nissen, Mrs. Baird's, Old Country, Oroweat, Sara Lee, Stroehmann's, Thomas', Tía Rosa, Weber's, Bost's Bread, Breddy, Dave's Killer Bread, Davidovich Bagels, Flowers Foods, Holsum Bread, King's Hawaiian, Lender's Bagels, Merita Breads, Mother's Pride, Nature's Pride, Pan Desuyo, Pepperidge Farm, Polarbröd, Rudi's Organic Bakery, Schwebel's Bakery, Sunbeam Bread, VitBe and Wonder Bread, and all the tens of thousands of other bakeries out there from selling anyone bread that wasn't provided by Federal Bread and Water Co. Think that's a smart plan? I mean everyone needs bread. It's not a luxury anymore, it's a necessity. Let's make goddamn sure those bread companies won't shut down people's bread supply after six months of not being paid for their bread.

There are any number of entities that are capable of selling you power right now, with no, or minor, changes to the last mile. Most, if not all, are forbidden by law from doing so or are bound by thousands of pages of regulation such that it isn't worth the effort.

Why *anyone* thinks that limiting to one the number of people that can provide you power somehow *helps* anyone or drives costs down and quality up is beyond me. It doesn't happen.

I agree there are not enough options for people when it comes to their power company.
There has just been a rate increase approved here for one power service, but not the other, which was already less expensive, but you must live in a specific geographical area in order for the less expensive company to be able to provide service. There is literally one neighborhood with one company, and the next subdivision over and on is the other company. Like an imaginary line is drawn.  

However, like the cable and cell phone companies it is not due to a law these two power companies do this, it is their agreement.
Similar to how AT&T and Time Warner or other companies in the same line make deals not to step on each other so they can both charge more.
 This is an obvious weak spot in a capitalistic system. I think many / most want less government interaction, but how else do you stop companies from doing this if you require their service for your own business?
A good argument is to say well someone else could start a new power company. I think we would find just enough regulation and stonewalling from the existing power companies to make sure that is a no win situation. Unless, the right person did it on principal and was extremely wealthy. You aren't going to find a VC to finance a project like such because they are interested in profits. It would be nearly impossible and certainly not profitable for a generation or so.

In the case of power it is not considered a luxury by me, but it is by the government except in specific cases where there is a potential for a loss of life directly relating to the issue of not having power, e.g. a hospital. Which in those cases if you cannot pay your power bill there are government programs to help do so. I know someone who had their power bill paid for at least 6 months. I do not know if that was federal or state. The government also considers the toothbrush a luxury, but I sure as hell do not.

I would consider beer a luxury, and I think most of us could agree what a luxury is.
I do not see how power or a cell phone or beer determines what can or cannot be a monopolized industry. We have laws against it. I remember hearing stories about Ma Bell being broken up by the government because it was such a monopoly. I sincerely believe it happened because the right people made money from it breaking up a specific way. Obviously AT&T are doing great and still tearing new assholes in tons of folks every month right along with the co-conspirators called cable companies and other cell companies.

The thing is, we all complain about our government in one way or another, and we keep electing the same type of people who follow the same status quo. Bush, Obama, it hasn't been such a huge difference in the biggest picture. Our economy is in the crapper because of the system which has been twisted. If we stayed true to our constitution we would be in a much better position. I do believe we have to modernize some things as we go, but we have allowed the supreme court to make decisions which should have never been up for a vote. We are caught up in things which are serious, but not the real issue. The real issue is our system has been perverted and until someone who isn't selfish, understands economics, and is willing to take the heat for a generation of setback to put us back on track as a civilization we are in a death spiral for which there is no stopping. China will have the Yuan added to the basket of approved worldwide fiat next month. The oil dollar is coming to an end. When it is time to make decisions we are distracted by the news telling us about someone smoking a joint in college, or yesterday for that matter. Why do so many people care about that crap, but they don't care about China having a world currency? I can answer that, it is because almost 50% of our country are receiving some form of government provided aid. They don't think they need to care about a real issue. They do not realize the government is not going to be there when things do go south and that check isn't going to turn into currency one day.
I know some folks need help. I know many more who do not but ask and receive anyway.

Why did I ramble on that path from talking about government and our power companies?
It is our fault because we keep putting up with it and once people realize we keep electing the same people and the line isn't between dem versus repub it is dem and repub versus the common man. Then and only then will most people's heads slowly begin to emerge from their anus and with a giant popping sound we may once more be the country we like to envision ourself to be.

Seriously, consider what it would take to turn things in the right direction. We would need to give up some real "luxuries" for a while if we wanted the next few generations to have them. Maybe the baby boomers gave up many lives in world wars, I know my father's generation gave up enough of their life, and lost many lives in Vietnam. Is our sacrifice one of doing whatever it takes or giving up whatever it takes to get our supposed leaders to realize we are tired of hearing the sos?

I'd definitely be on board with giving up things if it meant it made an even bigger difference to future generations but like most I fear, it seems like we are not going to be able to fight the system, so let's have drink, light a smoke, and live for today, right?
MY USB hub showed up. Must get to setting up equipment for a Gekko partyyy!
I'm not changing the world tonight, but I am going to have some fun with my stick miners and a luxurious bottle of something or other  Grin

I do not have the money to start a new power company, or change our economic system, but I will damm sure keep voting and carrying on like someone who does Smiley

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:48:03 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2015, 10:14:30 AM by QuintLeo

It is a direct result of a true monopoly. The only monopolies that have ever existed: those created by force of law and defended by physical threat.

The only 100% monopolies are that way. Even Standard Oil at the "height" of it's monopoly only controlled a bit less than 60% of all oil refinery capasity in the world, though I think Mickey$loth did a bit better at the height of Windows market share.

A heat wave is coming. Ever hear Budweiser (or Budvar, if you're an originalist) take to the ether and beg you all to cut down on buying Bud because the company can't keep up, and it's the right thing to do, and then "ask" you to accept rationing? Then, just when you need your ice cold Bud most, they take it away from you? Ever wonder why true monopolies do that? Ever wonder why true monopoly prices do just keep going up, *in spite* of regulation?

Not even close to comparable - there are MANY MANY sources of beer, it is NOT a requirement for modern civilisation to function, and it is EASY to transport to multiple purchace locations.

Cable is closer, but it's not all that hard or expensive to string cable from multiple companies on the same pole.

Running multiple power lines AND THE LOSSES INVOLVED for each power company would be a major expense and a non-trivial (though not super difficult) engineering challenge, or it gets VERY expensive if buried cables are used.

BTW - governments have created bread monopolies in the past, such efforts tended to not end up well (reference the causes of the French Revolution, and the origin of Marie Antoinette's "let them eat cake" stupidity).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:03:08 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 09:11:49 AM by toptek

For the record, my town is home to the biggest St Pats festival in the state and I don't drink but am frequently cynical.

Also our utility provider is something of a member-owned rural cooperative, so presumably not evil. It also appears to be not evil by merit of my non-industrial rates being pretty low compared to a lot of other folks, that low rate being flat regardless of time of day or year, my bills being thorough and accurate, and stuff like if we wanted to upgrade service at the shop they'd pay for the transformers and installation and my rates would go down if we used more power and at the end of the year they credit surplus funds back to customers. It's kinda nice. I don't know why so many people look down on Missouri. Which is also home to Anheuser-Busch, whoopty-doo.

Speaking of monopolies dominating markets, anyone know if anyone's going to bring Bitmain some competition anytime soon?

Man you don't know how i wish BG and E was like that here they  only do that here because they have to by Law, then make it sound like there doing us a favor, if they didn't have to they wouldn't and  charge us  whatever they wanted to and tell you  go zdbnbz, off .they have shut off power for non payment even when payment arrangements were made, I  knew some one it happen to he asked for help etc  they shut it off, they can't any more because of him and few others they did it to . yea in winter here they can't shut off anyone's power for none payment from a certain  time to a certain time during the winter, only because they did a few years back and one or two died from the cold .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:10:27 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 09:15:36 AM by toptek

I agree there are not enough options for people when it comes to their power company.
There has just been a rate increase approved here for one power service, but not the other, which was already less expensive, but you must live in a specific geographical area in order for the less expensive company to be able to provide service. There is literally one neighborhood with one company, and the next subdivision over and on is the other company. Like an imaginary line is drawn.  

However, like the cable and cell phone companies it is not due to a law these two power companies do this, it is their agreement.
Similar to how AT&T and Time Warner or other companies in the same line make deals not to step on each other so they can both charge more.
 This is an obvious weak spot in a capitalistic system. I think many / most want less government interaction, but how else do you stop companies from doing this if you require their service for your own business?
A good argument is to say well someone else could start a new power company. I think we would find just enough regulation and stonewalling from the existing power companies to make sure that is a no win situation. Unless, the right person did it on principal and was extremely wealthy. You aren't going to find a VC to finance a project like such because they are interested in profits. It would be nearly impossible and certainly not profitable for a generation or so.

In the case of power it is not considered a luxury by me, but it is by the government except in specific cases where there is a potential for a loss of life directly relating to the issue of not having power, e.g. a hospital. Which in those cases if you cannot pay your power bill there are government programs to help do so. I know someone who had their power bill paid for at least 6 months. I do not know if that was federal or state. The government also considers the toothbrush a luxury, but I sure as hell do not.

I would consider beer a luxury, and I think most of us could agree what a luxury is.
I do not see how power or a cell phone or beer determines what can or cannot be a monopolized industry. We have laws against it. I remember hearing stories about Ma Bell being broken up by the government because it was such a monopoly. I sincerely believe it happened because the right people made money from it breaking up a specific way. Obviously AT&T are doing great and still tearing new assholes in tons of folks every month right along with the co-conspirators called cable companies and other cell companies.

The thing is, we all complain about our government in one way or another, and we keep electing the same type of people who follow the same status quo. Bush, Obama, it hasn't been such a huge difference in the biggest picture. Our economy is in the crapper because of the system which has been twisted. If we stayed true to our constitution we would be in a much better position. I do believe we have to modernize some things as we go, but we have allowed the supreme court to make decisions which should have never been up for a vote. We are caught up in things which are serious, but not the real issue. The real issue is our system has been perverted and until someone who isn't selfish, understands economics, and is willing to take the heat for a generation of setback to put us back on track as a civilization we are in a death spiral for which there is no stopping. China will have the Yuan added to the basket of approved worldwide fiat next month. The oil dollar is coming to an end. When it is time to make decisions we are distracted by the news telling us about someone smoking a joint in college, or yesterday for that matter. Why do so many people care about that crap, but they don't care about China having a world currency? I can answer that, it is because almost 50% of our country are receiving some form of government provided aid. They don't think they need to care about a real issue. They do not realize the government is not going to be there when things do go south and that check isn't going to turn into currency one day.
I know some folks need help. I know many more who do not but ask and receive anyway.

Why did I ramble on that path from talking about government and our power companies?
It is our fault because we keep putting up with it and once people realize we keep electing the same people and the line isn't between dem versus repub it is dem and repub versus the common man. Then and only then will most people's heads slowly begin to emerge from their anus and with a giant popping sound we may once more be the country we like to envision ourself to be.

Seriously, consider what it would take to turn things in the right direction. We would need to give up some real "luxuries" for a while if we wanted the next few generations to have them. Maybe the baby boomers gave up many lives in world wars, I know my father's generation gave up enough of their life, and lost many lives in Vietnam. Is our sacrifice one of doing whatever it takes or giving up whatever it takes to get our supposed leaders to realize we are tired of hearing the sos?

I'd definitely be on board with giving up things if it meant it made an even bigger difference to future generations but like most I fear, it seems like we are not going to be able to fight the system, so let's have drink, light a smoke, and live for today, right?
MY USB hub showed up. Must get to setting up equipment for a Gekko partyyy!
I'm not changing the world tonight, but I am going to have some fun with my stick miners and a luxurious bottle of something or other  Grin

I do not have the money to start a new power company, or change our economic system, but I will damm sure keep voting and carrying on like someone who does Smiley

SO, true

once people realize we keep electing the same people and the line isn't between dem versus repub it is dem and repub versus the common man.  

or

rich versus the poor .

look on the webb one state locked up two woman for refusing to allow smart meter installed in there home that's suppose be one our rights, that state now has fed law suits against them and those woman were released and found not guilty that was there right to refuse them .

There is no other way to stop it. Sad . unless the companies want to be for the people like they were a very long time ago it's only gong to get worse. and bitmain is one example they went form being cool and nice to who gives a shit, if they really cared like they claim now they would do what they did with s3 and s5  etc .

I've only seen one S7 review and that was off site , and dogie said he had one but was under NDA as was that off site review and none were sent out this time due to the cost which i find hard to believe  if there was a lot more sent out why don't we see it, there is no NDA now.

owell i need to let it go , it's going to be what it is .!!!

I plan to buy a stick miner in a few days if any are left . !!! Smiley .  and OFC you sell me one . !!!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
PlanetCrypto

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 11:36:49 AM

"... but how else do you stop companies from doing this if you require their service for your own business?"

Make it yourself, and if you can't do it where you are, move to where you can.

I moved from Dover, DE in 97-98 partially because power was becoming SOOOOO expensive (I read the writing on the wall) and the city wouldn't let me do wind/solar/bio-fuels at my house on Division Street.
First ~5-7 years here in MN, I made ALL my own power (and did not live like Grizzly Adams).
In '01 I got involved in county government and wrote the code and zoning for wind/solar (it's easy to win, if you write the rules).
In '05 I had'em (my local corrupt co-op) run in power, cuz' it was cheap.
It's tripled in cost since then.
With the cost of solar being so cheap, I'm re-visiting self generation.
And since I wrote the code, I know what I can do and what I can't.

If I can't get efficient chips, I'll fight this battle from the supply side versus the consumption side.
Besides, I remember how good it felt to NOT have a re-occurring monthly electrical expense.

During the school year, every Friday I mentor the local 7-12 grade science classes with my "radical" ideas.
Presenting strong economic reasons for doing what I do/believe (the proof is in the pudding, so to speak).
Cuz' it's hard to argue with numbers in black'n'white (Reality What a Concept -- Robin Williams).

What I'm trying to say is: it's not enough to just do it, one has to bank it forward to the next generations.
I endeavor to teach them they have options, to critically think about what's possible and look for better solutions.

Even the USB stick miners are profitable if there is no electrical expense.
Think about what it would cost to buy an RPi, a 13 port USB hub, 10 stick miners, a big battery (L16 HC's), a solar charge controller, a 12Vdc to 5Vdc Buck, and 1-3 solar panels.
There is always more than one way to skin a rat.

I'll get off my soap box . . . . . . .
http://www.ted.com/talks/david_rothkopf_how_fear_drives_american_politics?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=image__2015-09-14

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 11:51:18 AM

"... but how else do you stop companies from doing this if you require their service for your own business?"

Make it yourself, and if you can't do it where you are, move to where you can.

I moved from Dover, DE in 97-98 partially because power was becoming SOOOOO expensive (I read the writing on the wall) and the city wouldn't let me do wind/solar/bio-fuels at my house on Division Street.
First ~5-7 years here in MN, I made ALL my own power (and did not live like Grizzly Adams).
In '01 I got involved in county government and wrote the code and zoning for wind/solar (it's easy to win, if you write the rules).
In '05 I had'em (my local corrupt co-op) run in power, cuz' it was cheap.
It's tripled in cost since then.
With the cost of solar being so cheap, I'm re-visiting self generation.
And since I wrote the code, I know what I can do and what I can't.

If I can't get efficient chips, I'll fight this battle from the supply side versus the consumption side.
Besides, I remember how good it felt to NOT have a re-occurring monthly electrical expense.

During the school year, every Friday I mentor the local 7-12 grade science classes with my "radical" ideas.
Presenting strong economic reasons for doing what I do/believe (the proof is in the pudding, so to speak).
Cuz' it's hard to argue with numbers in black'n'white (Reality What a Concept -- Robin Williams).

What I'm trying to say is: it's not enough to just do it, one has to bank it forward to the next generations.
I endeavor to teach them they have options, to critically think about what's possible and look for better solutions.

Even the USB stick miners are profitable if there is no electrical expense.
Think about what it would cost to buy an RPi, a 13 port USB hub, 10 stick miners, a big battery (L16 HC's), a solar charge controller, a 12Vdc to 5Vdc Buck, and 1-3 solar panels.
There is always more than one way to skin a rat.

I'll get off my soap box . . . . . . .
http://www.ted.com/talks/david_rothkopf_how_fear_drives_american_politics?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=image__2015-09-14

+1 Agreed
BUT, the problem is with crypto as with energy. Some entities do NOT want that people educate others in these terms because the would loose their grounds in this capitalistic system.
Look at this old guy and others experementing with "free energy" and trying to get it to the wider population of this world. It is out of discussion that these things, as crypto, will stay in a small circle of so called "freaks".

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:31:41 PM

See PlanetCrypto, this is why we like you. My entire family are all a generous mix of laborers and educators - smart folks who work hard. We take care of what's ours, build it up better and always make time to help someone willing to learn how to do it himself. There's nothing at all wrong with that way of doing business.

Novak and I have been talking off and on about off-grid power generation for years. It's a goal we have that'll require a lot more money than we have right now but it's a goal we're working toward.

I know a lot of folks stand for different things, and each person has his own personal crusade - the one thing that ticks him off more'n anything else. My battles are greed and idiocy. People who take from others for no reason than to have, and people who willingly keep themselves or others stupid.

One of the best politics quotes I've heard in a long time was something along the lines of "Always voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil".

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:39:02 PM

See PlanetCrypto, this is why we like you. My entire family are all a generous mix of laborers and educators - smart folks who work hard. We take care of what's ours, build it up better and always make time to help someone willing to learn how to do it himself. There's nothing at all wrong with that way of doing business.

Novak and I have been talking off and on about off-grid power generation for years. It's a goal we have that'll require a lot more money than we have right now but it's a goal we're working toward.

I know a lot of folks stand for different things, and each person has his own personal crusade - the one thing that ticks him off more'n anything else. My battles are greed and idiocy. People who take from others for no reason than to have, and people who willingly keep themselves or others stupid.

One of the best politics quotes I've heard in a long time was something along the lines of "Always voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil".

"If voting would change anything, it would by safety be forbidden a long time ago!"

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:50:24 PM

I'm not even registered to vote, honestly. I've been eligible for the last three Presidential elections but has there been a candidate worth voting for? I've known since I was a kid that the two-party system was bunged. The parties were cemented back in the day before mass communication because they were the best way to motivate and educate the constituency before things like radio and telephones existed (or were terribly common). By now they've become a bunch of greedy fat men behind closed doors making arbitrary lists of what is right and wrong and asking everyone to please agree with them or else. Most people agree about most things but a very few polarizing issues are always hammered by the media and the parties use artificial hype about their positions on those few polarizing issues to keep power. PC's exactly right that it's parties agains people, not party against party.

Also, this is all way off topic but I don't mind so much because it's interesting and we don't have any new miner news yet. I was hoping to have some more dev stuff done by now but somewhere between blowing the R&D budget on bills and spending all day making Compacs, well, not a lot's going on.

chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 01:15:55 AM

This so much.... i have talked to my wife about running for something in the local gov' just to fix power distribution "issues" with some places, but the drama and everything else associated with it is maybe too much for us Sad

Fact is, it is much much easier to find "cooperant" electricity workers that "grease" the inner working of the electric company, than running for office, and that sucks.

PlanetCrypto

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 09:02:24 PM

Sticks came in yesterday, Muy Bueno.
Took me a couple of hours to find the support thread and Novak's brilliant work.
Now hashing @ Eligius @ 200 MHZ, ~10Gh/s each.
Them LEDs are BRIGHT, Tooooooo F'ing cool (I'm such a redneck).

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
cavaliersrus

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 09:48:03 PM

i have mine running on my pc right now want to get them running on my raspberry pi b+

mine is running 150 on bfgminer and im getting the following

dont know what all this means in bfgminer but

cbm 0 12.42/12.40/10.55Gh/s 0hw error
cbm 1 12.39/12.37/10.66Gh/s 0hw error
cbm 2 12.39/12.37/10.64Gh/s 0hw error
cbm 3 12.38/12.38/10.61Gh/s 0hw error

been running 20 hours

they run a lil warm but i put a fan on them

Jake36

Activity: 331

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 09:54:11 PM

Took me a couple of hours to find the support thread and Novak's brilliant work.

They'll sure light up a room in the dark LOL.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:25:50 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 03:01:07 AM by vapourminer

They'll sure light up a room in the dark LOL.

mine are plugged directly into the rear ports of my HTPC so the sticks light up the wall behind it well.

watching Dr Who right now in dim room lighting and the light show really goes with the good Doctor..

EDIT: oops
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7762

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 02:24:28 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 10:11:31 AM by philipma1957

got them running great on a debian 7 build .  19 sticks .

@Jake36 thanks for help on the cgminer install

I will post a shot later. -------- shot below

This was the first linux build I ever did.  I burned a boot cd  took a few hours to set up I

still have some quirks , but those are my quirks.  Since I never did this os before.

I have good numbers for the sticks

19 on 2 hubs  freq 125  

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
PlanetCrypto

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:18:04 PM

This was the first linux build I ever did.  I burned a boot cd  took a few hours to set up I

still have some quirks , but those are my quirks.  Since I never did this os before.

19 on 2 hubs  freq 125  

Mighty impressive.
AND
Congrats on your first Linux build.

Most build Linux 4-6 times the first time, there are just SOOOOOO many options cuz' Linux is so configurable.
What distro did ya' start with?
ALL our servers run Centos 6, which may not be optimum for what your doing.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7762

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 02:53:46 PM

19 on 2 hubs  freq 125  

Mighty impressive.
AND
Congrats on your first Linux build.

Most build Linux 4-6 times the first time, there are just SOOOOOO many options cuz' Linux is so configurable.
What distro did ya' start with?
ALL our servers run Centos 6, which may not be optimum for what your doing.

7 wheezy  I think 7.9  .

I needed to build it twice as I screwed up a question.  But with an ssd and fast internet it was not long to build.

I needed much more time and help to load cgminer.  It is now up to 20 sticks. One of them need a pot turn.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: