Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:57:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GekkoScience BM1384 Project Development Discussion  (Read 146520 times)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 12:14:15 AM

in 2 hours we may see that lmao.

Next difficulty retarget occurs at block 385055.0 (eta 2.0 hrs): 74993846176.9 / +13.9% [est.]

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:52:28 AM

Diff ended up being a bit over 10% - kinda made up for the previous low ones, probably due to BitMain timing on shipping out new S7 various batches.

The Alcheminer offering is actually a LOT friendlier to lower-level investors, lot of folks that can dig up $50k as opposed to those that can dig up $1.5 million.

I also suspect that Innosilicon will be able to bring the A4 to market even without the external investors, the real question is would they WANT to give the A3?

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:07:14 AM

Honestly, wrapping it in foil would protect just as well.

I did not know that... xD You're saying i can wrap the PCB's in aluminium foil and it will be protected? I was thinking using something conductive to wrap them in would not be a good idea.

The primary idea of anti-static bags is that the bag is conductive.

As long as you don't have a battery on the board, and you don't get torn pieces of foil in the board somewhere vital, aluminum foil should work fine.

yes i wrap in aluminum foil all the time for storage in my parts box

i see people place  mobos run on antistatic bags, dont do that its conductive to a point
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:11:30 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2015, 10:40:12 AM by vapourminer

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1251930.0 Posted on the 17 th.

Innosilicon's A4 Dominator    hint JK that hint is not to make Script miners just a hint maybe chips now . i know you won't make them, i respect that by not asking Smiley .

From what I understand they are talking about big IPO money like the Spondoolies SP50 yeah it will exist ..but in the manner of going to their IPO inverstors and big data hall first.

Just saying that is what it looks like to me. This is also true imho for the Alcheminer II project announcement on www.litecointalk.org

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid Home mining is dead. (at least at my 13c kwh price that is in the USA) Sad

yes even more than 13 cents here in the usa.

thank the green people who didnt want a gas pipeline Roll Eyes  oh really??

i did home miners but not now except for sidehack stuff

sidehack and the compacs deliver and are  a breath of fresh air
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:51:26 AM

The kind of sad part every time im about to give up something drags me back in , i can't just let it go home Ming that's is.so i just hang in there and hope some one Has mercy on us .

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:10:45 AM

The kind of sad part every time im about to give up something drags me back in , i can't just let it go home Ming that's is.so i just hang in there and hope some one Has mercy on us .

1000 buck BTC and my KNC Jupiter 550gh is back baby Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
garpsky

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:59:58 PM

After I have a working board with favorable test results. I've been tied up with manufacturing Compacs and PSU boards the last two weeks so I've only just started on the pod prototype. Today I hope to finish up the pick-and-place program and get most of a board assembled. Firmware will have to wait until after the holiday but I have enough tools to manually test hashing and power. If that's good, and Novak can get some base-functionality firmware and cgminer driver proven, then we'll start taking in orders.

Sign me up for a Pod pre-order

Garpsky
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:36:05 AM

After I have a working board with favorable test results. I've been tied up with manufacturing Compacs and PSU boards the last two weeks so I've only just started on the pod prototype. Today I hope to finish up the pick-and-place program and get most of a board assembled. Firmware will have to wait until after the holiday but I have enough tools to manually test hashing and power. If that's good, and Novak can get some base-functionality firmware and cgminer driver proven, then we'll start taking in orders.

Sign me up for a Pod pre-order

Garpsky

Don't think he is that far for lists for pre-orders on the POD project.... yet? (or did i miss another thread ..he has a few) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:40:27 AM

No, not that far. I don't even have a prototype yet - way behind schedule on that but then it's been a busy month. Lost time for the holiday, followed immediately by a hosting expansion (which isn't quite done yet) and a buttload of Compac manufacture (which also isn't quite done yet) and stuff just generally going wrong (like losing an entire day when one of the new transformers roasted itself). I hope to have my hosting install and Compac manufacture caught up and done by about the middle of this coming week, after which time Amita pod prototyping will be the priority. I'm still begging for chips from a variety of sources, and attempting to enlist help begging from people higher up the bitcoin food chain than I am, but no chips are made available yet even as samples.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:10:58 AM

No, not that far. I don't even have a prototype yet - way behind schedule on that but then it's been a busy month. Lost time for the holiday, followed immediately by a hosting expansion (which isn't quite done yet) and a buttload of Compac manufacture (which also isn't quite done yet) and stuff just generally going wrong (like losing an entire day when one of the new transformers roasted itself). I hope to have my hosting install and Compac manufacture caught up and done by about the middle of this coming week, after which time Amita pod prototyping will be the priority. I'm still begging for chips from a variety of sources, and attempting to enlist help begging from people higher up the bitcoin food chain than I am, but no chips are made available yet even as samples.

IMHO no chips for you ..you are a 'dangerous fellow' at least from a concept point of view of those who make such chips..especially now for their own use and data farms...you show that if one guy can do such with chips available ..imho the price of asic units are way too inflated on the price they are selling the big units for .even with the R&D needed..you add the fact they are mining the data halls themselves (knc) and they are building them with 'newbie' IPO $$$ you are showing in a modest way how they are cleaning up in a big way

god help them if you got access to a batch of the latest chips and and showed even in a 'limited run of say 500 units' what it costs to shoot something out the door quickly and double your money only.....it would show in a magnifying glass kinda way ..just how screwed the system is price wise imho

heh...buy a black hat ...play this while putting the pod prototype together.....likely you will need to be a 'secret agent' or enlist one to get better chips anyway..live the dream Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG-VChTYfOk

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:28:07 AM

Double my money? Believe me I'd be doing a lot better financially if I sold anything with that much margin, but I'd also feel pretty bad about it.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:52:13 AM

Double my money? Believe me I'd be doing a lot better financially if I sold anything with that much margin, but I'd also feel pretty bad about it.

ack! see you are even more dangerous ack!

even if you did double your money.....compared to the other ASIC makers (and data halls) and IPO $$$ etc even with chip R&D you STILL would be dangerous as hell as an example imho Smiley

considering what I think their 'return' is with cheap electric and the above in prices/collusion on such/etc

just saying

again we appreciate your efforts

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:05:39 AM

Y'all know how much I hate greed, and Novak's right there too. A lot of people also know how much we don't like asking for help as well, but all our efforts would not get very far without a lot of other folks pushing. I don't really want to be dangerous to anyone. I mean it'd be cool to be able to say we effected change for the better in the bitcoin economy, but I'm perfectly happy causing positive change by serving fellow underdogs rather than trying to beat up on the millionaire corporations. That's one of the arguments I gave Bitmain to think about when asking for chips, is I'm not their competition. By selling me their chips, they're getting a cut of customers and sales they wouldn't have otherwise because they're building exactly one thing and it doesn't meet the needs of a whole lot of people and those are the exact people I prefer to work for.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:35:19 AM

Y'all know how much I hate greed, and Novak's right there too. A lot of people also know how much we don't like asking for help as well, but all our efforts would not get very far without a lot of other folks pushing. I don't really want to be dangerous to anyone. I mean it'd be cool to be able to say we effected change for the better in the bitcoin economy, but I'm perfectly happy causing positive change by serving fellow underdogs rather than trying to beat up on the millionaire corporations. That's one of the arguments I gave Bitmain to think about when asking for chips, is I'm not their competition. By selling me their chips, they're getting a cut of customers and sales they wouldn't have otherwise because they're building exactly one thing and it doesn't meet the needs of a whole lot of people and those are the exact people I prefer to work for.

to clarify : you are 'dangerous' in the sense of all 'open source' projects ..in your case 'hardware' ..you pulled off a usb stick using their 'supposed' special chips without a lot of drama

the more a manufacturer makes it 'difficult' or seem so to make these chips and or data halls or whatever...the more $$$ they have as a result

so imho the 'idea' that you could do this and the 'idea' that you could do more (your own profit comfort level aside) is what is 'dangerous'

Again this is known in open source 'software' you doing so with 'hardware' goes further along this trend. The same could be said for the moonlander 1mh usb project or the Tarky
               Titan knc 2.00 firmware project (software) after the KNC folk abandoned such in Feb 2015. Or the Alcheminer firmware project where they took the last 1.0 firmware of such of
               the 'supposed' 256mh Alcheminers (who with 1.0 firmware) could only do about 195mh if I remember correctly and now have creeped that past 275 mh with 'open source' mods

so keep up the good work..but we really need to find someone who would 'oops' 'find some appropriate asic chips" that fell off a truck Smiley

So anyway hopefully the ASIC makers will see you as a 'cute little mongoose' and give you high end chips for your projects. Not realizing mongoose's like to 'play with cobras'
               for the challenge .which is probably what these projects are all about ..the challenge (and improvement help the community etc etc) anyway all good open source project
               hardware/software wise above..now if we could get an ASIC mnfg of the same mind set you'd be set Smiley

anyway just saying..ignore me ..I'm like the 'old uncle' in the corner at xmas that talks about stuff......

Tarky Titan KNC 2.00 Firmware improvement mods/thread stuff on here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.0 (Titan KNC software/firmware project)

Moonlander 1mh scrypt usb stick project on here: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=28279.msg291276#msg291276 (1 mh scrypt usb stick project)

Alcheminer Firmware Improvement project (hardware) https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=27370.msg293697#msg293697

Stuff getting done. Good to see.

dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:57:13 AM

BitFury 16nm chip is available. This can be interresting for your next project.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151216005453/en/BitFury-Announces-Mass-Production-Fastest-Effective-16nm
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:24:04 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2015, 11:21:54 AM by toptek

BitFury 16nm chip is available. This can be interresting for your next project.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151216005453/en/BitFury-Announces-Mass-Production-Fastest-Effective-16nm

how much or how lomg will they share it with the avg joe, if at all.

but yea if he can get some, that will be super awesome.

16nm chip 0.06 J/GH @ 100 gh  to 184 Gh or more per chip, depending on cooling.

I'm willing to bet if some on the forums  could get there hands on these, they would have them maxed out at 200 gh per chip.

air cooling a 8 to 16 chip board in the antminer s series way with two borads per miner, would make a nice home miner.

@ 8 chips per board clocked @ 140 gh under air would be a nice miner @ 2 th + @ 300 wats or so at the wall , but if side was to or could get some, i can see one miner doing what maybe 4 to 5 th with 16 chip boards @ 500 watts , there is all kinds of ways and miners that could be made from this.

I'm sure i got the math wrong on power useages, it's polly lower .").

we do need more chip maker willing to step up and let every one , have at it. weather they agree or not, it hurts everyone, hugging it all , we weren't meant to be that way but were meant to help .

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 01:27:55 PM

Well if it's anything like the last gen of Bitfury chips, they'll keep them all to themselves. If it's like the one before that they'll sell but won't provide any documentation. But that sounds like one heck of a chip.

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 02:24:58 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2015, 11:21:15 PM by Beastlymac

Well if it's anything like the last gen of Bitfury chips, they'll keep them all to themselves. If it's like the one before that they'll sell but won't provide any documentation. But that sounds like one heck of a chip.

"As a responsible player in the Bitcoin community, we will be working with integration partners and resellers to make our unique technology widely available ensuring that the network remains decentralized and we move into the exahash era together."

Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151216005453/en/BitFury-Announces-Mass-Production-Fastest-Effective-16nm

Message me if you have any problems
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 02:30:13 PM

"As a responsible player in the Bitcoin community, we will be working with integration partners and resellers to make our unique technology widely available ensuring that the network remains decentralized and we move into the exahash era together."

Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151216005453/en/BitFury-Announces-Mass-Production-Fastest-Effective-16nm

Fairly vague comment.

I don't trust it, greed has a funny way of blinding others.

AJRGale

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 02:47:54 AM

LOL

AKA: we are willing to sell to more then one farm, and bend over backwards to support them for them Millions they line their pockets with..

Also, Beastlymac, Hello stranger!
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: