Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:43:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181158 times)
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:58:01 AM

i'll try investing 30% of my salary from my day job and see how it work
my problem now is where to invest?

I`m trying to do this as well. but its so much harder then most people think.

esp when your wage is small as it is, everything adds up and nothing is left really to save. I sometimes have to consider what my odds are.. to even see this happen anytime soon most likely not for super long time.

I made good profit investing when the price came real low, and when people got scared and rather sold their investments, I made money off it Smiley In terms of investing capital from your wage, you must know that a salary limits you and your dreams, your success is only limited and priced, and you work hard to fuel the dreams of your boss. Learn as much as you can working for someone for 5 years or less, then its time to work your own ventures Smiley

Very well said especially the own venture part! The thing is once we work in a secure environment and you find that a fixed salary every month enables to to take better care of stuff.. we get comfortable and do not want to move out of our comfort zone. We attribute owning property and wealth to a steady income flow. The potential to earn is multiplied many fold when you are an entrepreuner, its just that people are too scared to take a leap of faith! (me included).

We kill our dreams because we are getting by, helping someone live their dreams Tongue I think its human to get lazy but the one who gets all the good shit in life, has to work for it. Not everybody was born with a golden spoon, I don't think it even matters to someone with potential, money is secondary but being happy is priority for such people, I like to believe I am one of them Smiley

I was definitely born with a plastic or wooden spoon Tongue.
Jokes apart, i appreciate what you said and the way you look at life! It has given me new hope, i am looking for that one amazing opportunity to come my way and then i can say goodbye to this dead-end job i am in atm. Money is secondary for me too, i have always looked for job satisfaction and putting money on the back burner. Unfortunately, things have a way of sneaking up on you when you are not looking and then you start to fire fight, which aptly describes my current position!

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:25:50 AM

esp when your wage is small as it is, everything adds up and nothing is left really to save. I sometimes have to consider what my odds are.. to even see this happen anytime soon most likely not for super long time.

I made good profit investing when the price came real low, and when people got scared and rather sold their investments, I made money off it Smiley In terms of investing capital from your wage, you must know that a salary limits you and your dreams, your success is only limited and priced, and you work hard to fuel the dreams of your boss. Learn as much as you can working for someone for 5 years or less, then its time to work your own ventures Smiley

Very well said especially the own venture part! The thing is once we work in a secure environment and you find that a fixed salary every month enables to to take better care of stuff.. we get comfortable and do not want to move out of our comfort zone. We attribute owning property and wealth to a steady income flow. The potential to earn is multiplied many fold when you are an entrepreuner, its just that people are too scared to take a leap of faith! (me included).

We kill our dreams because we are getting by, helping someone live their dreams Tongue I think its human to get lazy but the one who gets all the good shit in life, has to work for it. Not everybody was born with a golden spoon, I don't think it even matters to someone with potential, money is secondary but being happy is priority for such people, I like to believe I am one of them Smiley

Jokes apart, i appreciate what you said and the way you look at life! It has given me new hope, i am looking for that one amazing opportunity to come my way and then i can say goodbye to this dead-end job i am in atm. Money is secondary for me too, i have always looked for job satisfaction and putting money on the back burner. Unfortunately, things have a way of sneaking up on you when you are not looking and then you start to fire fight, which aptly describes my current position!

Don't let the darkness of the world demotivate you, they are not your allies. The chaos of the world never stops and if you do, the world does not stop for you. I hope you find your way around your problems, hell I do sympathize with you. You work around an ATM, where you see so many people run along counting their fiat and you might be wondering if they ever knew the potential of what they might assume to be 'digital scrap' Wink
micky123
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:07:00 AM

Don't let the darkness of the world demotivate you, they are not your allies. The chaos of the world never stops and if you do, the world does not stop for you. I hope you find your way around your problems, hell I do sympathize with you. You work around an ATM, where you see so many people run along counting their fiat and you might be wondering if they ever knew the potential of what they might assume to be 'digital scrap' Wink

Hey mate,

I meant ATM as in At the moment, not an actual ATM, although i did work at an ATM a very long time ago and trust me that was the worst job i ever had. Watching dumb looking assholes with huge bunches of fiat in their accounts who clearly do not know anything about investments and worst of all, didn't know how to use an ATM. That job caused me depression on so many levels, i am glad i quit and moved into something more interesting and exciting, which has now been my profession for the past 15 years. 15 years is a very long time and i now think i could do better in some other field. I thought bitcoin would be my ticket out of this mess for good, that does not seem to be the case looking at current trends!  Cry

EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:13:59 AM

bitcoin seems a good choice now that it is tanked, i know it may seems contradditory but you should invest when the other have fear and vice versa

Now seems like the best time to invest where the highest swings can occur, from a risk valuation this is either in Oil, Gold or Bitcoin
Where fear is and there are strong market crashes/corrections globally Bitcoin will start to shine.
(As long as they don't get their leverage eaten)

sofaa2531

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 08:51:42 AM

sure better.
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:58:58 AM

sure better.

What do you want to say ?
better for invest or better for safe at vault ?
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:29:23 AM

Savings are usually put into the safest places or products that allow you access to your money at any time like savings accounts and certificates of deposit. But here you earn very little interest. In investments like stocks and currency trading you have a higher returns but at the same time you have a greater chance of losing your money than when you save. Both are not same so need to choose carefully on need basis.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:54:09 AM

Savings are usually put into the safest places or products that allow you access to your money at any time like savings accounts and certificates of deposit. But here you earn very little interest. In investments like stocks and currency trading you have a higher returns but at the same time you have a greater chance of losing your money than when you save. Both are not same so need to choose carefully on need basis.

This is 100% correct. Savings and investment both are different we shouldn't mix together. Savings will come from earnings-expenses= savings. Some portion of these savings will be invested for long term gains.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:44:00 PM

yeah don't let yourself not to developed in simple things like in this situation, if you are more likely to used fiat money, you also say that you are not ready with future and you not want have a easy lifestyle. So think of that, you must follow what is the new and the best.
dragansk

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 04:14:57 PM

The safest thing to invest your money is the real estate. Buy an apartment or a house and rent it, that would make a larger profit for you, larger than any bank commission. I always invest my earned money this way, the safest and the most profitable way out there.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 04:56:30 PM

The safest thing to invest your money is the real estate. Buy an apartment or a house and rent it, that would make a larger profit for you, larger than any bank commission. I always invest my earned money this way, the safest and the most profitable way out there.

it depends on where you buy/invest in real estate. here everything is way overpriced thus not worth looking at as far as investing in real estate goes. where do you live if i may ask?
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:03:34 PM

Is it better to save money or invest it? both of them has their risk. But saving money risk is lower than investment. its all depend on your goal. but saving is important and good idea.
micky123
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:35:49 PM

What you said is quite specific to certain locations and the real estate market at these locations. For example, in the US the real estate market is distressed and repossessions are the order of the day. However, in India the real estate market is booming. While real estate is a smart investment choice, it may not be applicable to all regions. So caveat emptor!  Grin

valvalis

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 10:02:34 PM

of course it's better to invest your money. Gently value for money will be dropped.
I prefer with investing in gold than property. Undecided

█▌▐█
▄██████▄▄
  ▀████████▄
     ▀███████
       ▀██████
         ▀█████
           ████
         ▄█████
       ▄█████
     ▄███████
  ▄████████▀
▀██████▀▀
  █▌▐█
..DeFiXy.......████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███   ██████████████   ███████   █████████   ██   █████   ██████████████████   ████
.$0.50.
███████   ██   █████████   ██   ███████████   ███████████   ███████████   █████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.......JOIN NOW..
kenbytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 10:05:51 PM

i think first you need to save....and after to invest ...to make more bitcoin  Wink

Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 10:15:57 PM

it depends on where you buy/invest in real estate. here everything is way overpriced thus not worth looking at as far as investing in real estate goes. where do you live if i may ask?

I think it's hard to predict in which kind of stage we're currently living with regard to the house markets here in The Netherlands. The last years, houses prices have decreased a lot (which makes it nowadays a good time to buy). However, especially in popular cities such as Amsterdam, a kind of bubble is currently taking place: houses are sold for MORE than the asking prices.

I'm looking to buy some real estate (such as an apartment) myself nowadays. However, it is hard to get a mortgage these days.

- -

Overall, I think it's a good idea to invest in real estate (especially in popular cities). In fact, I know someone who buys houses and changes them to multiple student rooms (which he then rents out). That works great. 

However, if you do not have that amount of money to spend, it is probably more wise to save money - save money to be able to cover unexpected costs (otherwise you'll have to loan money for that, and loaning is a really waste of money!).

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:20:14 AM

Real estate is very inflated in Europe/North america & Australia & New Zealand. So that bubble will probably pop in the next crisis.

However its ultra cheap in south east asia (Thailand, Vietnam , Bangladesh, etc)

If you got like 100,000$ ready to invest then you might wanna take a look at those countries, especially the ones with solid governments, you dont want rioters to burn down your estate lol.

South-East asia is also a favorite of many banks, just check the twitter accounts of big banks, they always tweet about that, so its something interesting over there.

micky123
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:59:31 AM

Real estate is very inflated in Europe/North america & Australia & New Zealand. So that bubble will probably pop in the next crisis.

However its ultra cheap in south east asia (Thailand, Vietnam , Bangladesh, etc)

If you got like 100,000$ ready to invest then you might wanna take a look at those countries, especially the ones with solid governments, you dont want rioters to burn down your estate lol.

South-East asia is also a favorite of many banks, just check the twitter accounts of big banks, they always tweet about that, so its something interesting over there.

There is another angle to this. It is not easy for foreigners to purchase real estate in other countries. There are usually some clauses associated, for example: The person needs to be in a particular country for a minimum of 6 months or so before they can purchase immovable assets like land, home or an apartment. Add to this South east asian countries are absolutely infamous for red tape and just generally, making life difficult for foreigners. Even if he has 100K with him, i guess he rather diversify his investments into various asset classes and if real estate is one of them, buy it in his own country after doing proper research to ensure he is not buying into a bubble!

oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:09:15 AM

There is another angle to this. It is not easy for foreigners to purchase real estate in other countries. There are usually some clauses associated, for example: The person needs to be in a particular country for a minimum of 6 months or so before they can purchase immovable assets like land, home or an apartment. Add to this South east asian countries are absolutely infamous for red tape and just generally, making life difficult for foreigners. Even if he has 100K with him, i guess he rather diversify his investments into various asset classes and if real estate is one of them, buy it in his own country after doing proper research to ensure he is not buying into a bubble!

yes it is not easy to buy real estate that fit our tastes and could benefit us in the future, but yes that's business must have a strategy and extensive knowledge, especially now many cases of fraud that could make you lose your bitcoin
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:26:59 AM

Well then those idiot politicians will miss out of billions of dollars of foreign investments.

Whereas countries with less red tape and more friendly to foreigners, will become the next Hong Kong. We all know that taxes and regulations fuck up the economies, so the first country's politicians who realize that will be the next safe haven in the 21 century.

I`d look for Singapore and Thailand, they are probably not the cheapest, but they have a stable society, whereas many asian countries could have a revolution in the queue.

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: