Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181158 times)
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:30:47 AM

There is another angle to this. It is not easy for foreigners to purchase real estate in other countries. There are usually some clauses associated, for example: The person needs to be in a particular country for a minimum of 6 months or so before they can purchase immovable assets like land, home or an apartment. Add to this South east asian countries are absolutely infamous for red tape and just generally, making life difficult for foreigners. Even if he has 100K with him, i guess he rather diversify his investments into various asset classes and if real estate is one of them, buy it in his own country after doing proper research to ensure he is not buying into a bubble!

Well then those idiot politicians will miss out of billions of dollars of foreign investments.

Whereas countries with less red tape and more friendly to foreigners, will become the next Hong Kong. We all know that taxes and regulations fuck up the economies, so the first country's politicians who realize that will be the next safe haven in the 21 century.

I`d look for Singapore and Thailand, they are probably not the cheapest, but they have a stable society, whereas many asian countries could have a revolution in the queue.

Real estate is a tricky business altogether, its mechanics and integrating it with world economics can only draw more speculations. Speaking about Singapore, they have pretty cool infrastructure, strongest banking system and also has the fourth largest exchange system in the world. Best financial sector, inflation is low around  1.9 and we all know about how much money Singapore gets from tourism; plenty!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:00:26 AM

There is another angle to this. It is not easy for foreigners to purchase real estate in other countries. There are usually some clauses associated, for example: The person needs to be in a particular country for a minimum of 6 months or so before they can purchase immovable assets like land, home or an apartment. Add to this South east asian countries are absolutely infamous for red tape and just generally, making life difficult for foreigners. Even if he has 100K with him, i guess he rather diversify his investments into various asset classes and if real estate is one of them, buy it in his own country after doing proper research to ensure he is not buying into a bubble!

Well then those idiot politicians will miss out of billions of dollars of foreign investments.

Whereas countries with less red tape and more friendly to foreigners, will become the next Hong Kong. We all know that taxes and regulations fuck up the economies, so the first country's politicians who realize that will be the next safe haven in the 21 century.

I`d look for Singapore and Thailand, they are probably not the cheapest, but they have a stable society, whereas many asian countries could have a revolution in the queue.

Real estate is a tricky business altogether, its mechanics and integrating it with world economics can only draw more speculations. Speaking about Singapore, they have pretty cool infrastructure, strongest banking system and also has the fourth largest exchange system in the world. Best financial sector, inflation is low around  1.9 and we all know about how much money Singapore gets from tourism; plenty!

No its not speculation at all, looks like some idiot politicians cant differentiate economic growth from speculation.

When you let people buy property (estate) without limits, you just let the long awaited demand out of its prison box and fill the supply.

There are many tourists, businessman that want to buy secondary or third homes or mansions in beautiful beachside places or whatever.

Even if speculators go in for the money too, if the demand is on then its no reason for the price to collapse. The problem is when the banks intentionally give out 0% interests to intentionally pump up the prices so that they can profit.

But that is the fiat systems fundamental problem, not speculation in general.

Otherwise estate prices have a long term uptrend because new people are being born and they all need homes. Real estate's real growth is probably 80% correlated with population & income growth. (Except in a crazy keynesian world where everybody can get loans created out of thin air to speculate)

dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:09:49 AM

better invest in bitcoin, because now is the time to buy bitcoin. I believe bitcoin will go up, so you have a very small risk.
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:31:56 AM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

The best thing to do is to divide your money, one share can be kept as savings and you can invest the rest. The savings can be further divided into two and one part can be turned into fixed deposits to reap interest and the rest as basic savings for safe play. The share left for investments can be split into real estate and bitcoins, investing in gold is no good anymore.
wicks

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:35:26 AM

Any normal person is going to need to save for at least a year to have a decent stack to invest with. Investing small time money is simply not worth it. I would say around 1500 USD is a good deposit to start with. But saving 1500 USD for most people is not easy, since only a couple USD can be saved after bills and expenses.
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:50:48 AM

Saving it to bitcoins and play trading in exchanger, and holding it,buying or selling till prices fluctuate are a better prospect, you can invest in property and gold as well when the markets are volatile,or even investing in very lucrative business,which stand to give you greater gains than keeping it in a bank
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:07:34 PM

Any normal person is going to need to save for at least a year to have a decent stack to invest with. Investing small time money is simply not worth it. I would say around 1500 USD is a good deposit to start with. But saving 1500 USD for most people is not easy, since only a couple USD can be saved after bills and expenses.
Yeah youre right now too easy its take a long time to save a big money like that, for someone who has a job with only minimum salary, and don't have any side earnings like bitcoin can't do that. But its more possible that you can earn if you invest your money and not only to save.
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:24:43 PM

Saving it to bitcoins and play trading in exchanger, and holding it,buying or selling till prices fluctuate are a better prospect, you can invest in property and gold as well when the markets are volatile,or even investing in very lucrative business,which stand to give you greater gains than keeping it in a bank

I won't advice anyone to invest in Bitcoin, gold or lucrative business if they do not have any spare money: these markets are still volatile. And, especially if you invest in for example real estate, it is not easy to get back your money when you need it. In that situation, it is better for people to save money on a bank account for in case they need it (to cover unexpected costs). As soon as people got a decent amount of spare money (and therefore be able to cover possible unexpected cost), then someone can look into investing..

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:40:57 PM

I won't advice anyone to invest in Bitcoin, gold or lucrative business if they do not have any spare money: these markets are still volatile. And, especially if you invest in for example real estate, it is not easy to get back your money when you need it. In that situation, it is better for people to save money on a bank account for in case they need it (to cover unexpected costs). As soon as people got a decent amount of spare money (and therefore be able to cover possible unexpected cost), then someone can look into investing..

That is Right, I think for a guy who have average salary, for him saving is the best way and  only way, as investment won't serve the purpose as it requires a capital at the initial stage and that is not that easy for a guy with average salary, so saving is best way to deal with  even at the time of emergencies you can use that money.
centauribit

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:06:01 PM

I think this is the right time to invest in bitcoin if you want to make your future safe and secure. The prices have collapsed right now so I believe investing at right time is more important just buy it and forget it

prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:46:54 PM

One more vote for Investing, if you save money you are stuck there(still not bad) but let's work something and invest, i suggest in bitcoin or in Etherum as the price is cheap now.
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:25:49 PM

I personally use a half-half, i invested too and save money too. i invested in bitcoin, although invest in bitcoin is risk, but hey i'm bitcoin fans Grin and want to invest in commodities too.
a half i save for daily needs.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:39:14 PM

I personally use a half-half, i invested too and save money too. i invested in bitcoin, although invest in bitcoin is risk, but hey i'm bitcoin fans Grin and want to invest in commodities too.

It is better to diversify our investments rather than depending on a single product, I would choose gold over bitcoins when it comes to an investment, as bitcoin is a new born baby and gold is traditional and also gold shares more market cap as compared to bitcoins, so I would invest partially in bitcoins and partially in the gold.
claraa

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:02:47 PM

I Use btcinvestment,
Like you i wanted to have some real stocks in my btc`s not some crappy scam coins.
Where do bring your btc`s for commodities?
Anyways those guys delivered me some great results this year.
They are honest and have a great skype support!
Never missed a payment and always on time. why better then the bank.
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:05:43 PM

Now that the price of Bitcoin has collapsed, now is the time to buy. I am HODLing my earnings from the signature campaign hoping for the XT stuff to clear up. By then the price will go up So right now it's better if I keep saving the bitcoins I earn from sig campaign and buy bitcoins to HODL.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:18:31 PM

That is Right, I think for a guy who have average salary, for him saving is the best way and  only way, as investment won't serve the purpose as it requires a capital at the initial stage and that is not that easy for a guy with average salary, so saving is best way to deal with  even at the time of emergencies you can use that money.
when you keep your money in the bank then the benefit is that investors who borrow money in the bank, and you will only get a little% interest, so it may be better to use methods of 50:50 or whatever you want
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:56:39 AM

Now that the price of Bitcoin has collapsed, now is the time to buy. I am HODLing my earnings from the signature campaign hoping for the XT stuff to clear up. By then the price will go up So right now it's better if I keep saving the bitcoins I earn from sig campaign and buy bitcoins to HODL.

for me holding bitcoin in price drop is best option to get more money  Grin
my fair rate to sell bitcoin is 250$ so if i can earning 0.035/week = 8.75$
it's good to pay some cost

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:36:08 PM

when you keep your money in the bank then the benefit is that investors who borrow money in the bank, and you will only get a little% interest, so it may be better to use methods of 50:50 or whatever you want

That's right, but the aim of saving money is not just the interest. Is also about saving money to be able to cover unexpected costs later on - or save money to buy other things you need (like another car).

The current interest is not really attractive. With the current taxes in the Netherlands, your likely to pay more tax than you earn interest on savings more than € 21.000. I've just read the governement is going to decrease these taxes, and are only going to tax your savings if you've got more than € 25.000 in savings (per person).

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:07:14 PM

I Use btcinvestment,
Like you i wanted to have some real stocks in my btc`s not some crappy scam coins.
Where do bring your btc`s for commodities?

Still don't have any idea for bring my btc for commodities like gold, still looking for it.
but the simple thing is spend my btc to fiat than buy for gold, but you need to see a rate before, for get a more profit, i means when bitcoin price is reach high rate then exchange to fiat than buy a gold when gold price is low.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 01:24:06 PM

The bitcoin price has fallen quite low recently, so I'd say it's better to invest at this current time. Depending on the circumstances, answers can be different though.

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: