Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:19:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181159 times)
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:20:38 AM

If you could go back and choose another type of education, would you change it given what you said above?

If I could do it over, I'd either go into neuroscience, engineering or technology (science/physics background).  Business is a pretty bullshit subject to study in university as you mentioned, it's easy to learn online through research. 

If i could do it over, i would not have gone to university, i would have even quit school.

I would just waited until 2009 and saved money until then (probably asked some money from parents and would went to a low paying job), then buy bitcoin back in 2009 and now be filthy rich.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:28:07 AM

If you could go back and choose another type of education, would you change it given what you said above?

If I could do it over, I'd either go into neuroscience, engineering or technology (science/physics background).  Business is a pretty bullshit subject to study in university as you mentioned, it's easy to learn online through research. 

If i could do it over, i would not have gone to university, i would have even quit school.

I would just waited until 2009 and saved money until then (probably asked some money from parents and would went to a low paying job), then buy bitcoin back in 2009 and now be filthy rich.
Hahaha great idea. 2009 is the biggest valued of the bitcoin in the history so that he said that he save his money and not going to school to only buy a bitcoin. Grin
GreenStox

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:50:20 AM

Hahaha great idea. 2009 is the biggest valued of the bitcoin in the history so that he said that he save his money and not going to school to only buy a bitcoin. Grin

I finished college in 2010, and high school at 2005 so if i would have dropped out of highschool in 2003 because i could only drop out after 2 years.

Then i would have had 6 years to prepare myself to buy bitcoins, even if i would have lived on government welfare + some help from my parents, i would have easily saved like 1000$ (i live in a poor country) , so i would have made a few hundred million dollars from that:

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/10/29/guy-named-koch-bought-5000-bitcoins-in-2009-for-27-now-worth-886000/

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 01:22:48 PM

You always need your degree for the first thing to do in your life altough you said that you do a full time job for a bitcoin but the price is so volatile and are you going to sacrifice all things just to wait this bitcoing going high? Let say that you are rich for that time, are you gonna live only for that moment?
GreenStox

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:33:54 PM

You always need your degree for the first thing to do in your life altough you said that you do a full time job for a bitcoin but the price is so volatile and are you going to sacrifice all things just to wait this bitcoing going high? Let say that you are rich for that time, are you gonna live only for that moment?

No i would have bought myself the things i`ve needed, then extracted a few more millions and put those in some safe investments in case bitcoin would be gone (i could not know the future in 2013). And i would have kept like 10-15 million $ in bitcoin just to see what happens with it.

I`m sure most of the bitcoin millionaires did the same, nobody just let all their earnings in bitcoin, and nobody converted them all back into fiat. All of them have hybrid portfolios by now.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
freeyourmind

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:04:24 PM

No i would have bought myself the things i`ve needed, then extracted a few more millions and put those in some safe investments in case bitcoin would be gone (i could not know the future in 2013). And i would have kept like 10-15 million $ in bitcoin just to see what happens with it.

I`m sure most of the bitcoin millionaires did the same, nobody just let all their earnings in bitcoin, and nobody converted them all back into fiat. All of them have hybrid portfolios by now.

Okay let me rephrase the question.  What would you do without insight into the future?  So assuming that you don't know which direction the markets and certain assets are going to go, to exploit for financial returns.
GreenStox

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:44:51 AM

Okay let me rephrase the question.  What would you do without insight into the future?  So assuming that you don't know which direction the markets and certain assets are going to go, to exploit for financial returns.

I would invest anyway, i was investing by then, when i was in college i played around with stocks. If i would knew that bitcoin was such a great investment i would have invested in it, it was very close but i missed it.  Sad

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
muhrohmat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:52:06 AM

well as a reasenable person you should not invest all just like 25% prob and the 75% try to safe. but that its the amount of investment i do of course if you willing to invest 100% you need to porbe a very good investment in honest and trusted adminstrations.

Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:29:27 AM

10 -15 million ti invest it bitcoin? you dont know how much much the price for bitcoin in the next few years and still you invest it like alot of them. It just wasting you money. If I were you, I sure make a useful things with that money and no need to spend it like this. Nope the millionaires didnt do the same as you did. They will plant everthing very cautious
GreenStox

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:41:01 AM

10 -15 million ti invest it bitcoin? you dont know how much much the price for bitcoin in the next few years and still you invest it like alot of them. It just wasting you money. If I were you, I sure make a useful things with that money and no need to spend it like this. Nope the millionaires didnt do the same as you did. They will plant everthing very cautious

Satoshi didnt sold his bitcoin, and i`m sure he is a multi millionaire, if not almost billionaire. So i`m sure most millionaires do the same.

C`mon i`ve seen videos on youtube, miners bought ferraris. Of course they spent their fortune, but i`m also sure they kept a few ten-thousand bitcoins just in case it will go much higher, besides they are comitted to bitcoin.

Otherwise, diversification is the best, i would have invested that money in other things too not just bitcoin, in case bitcoin collapses (very unlikely)

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
GreenStox

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:33:09 AM

Satoshi didnt sold his bitcoin, and i`m sure he is a multi millionaire, if not almost billionaire. So i`m sure most millionaires do the same.

C`mon i`ve seen videos on youtube, miners bought ferraris. Of course they spent their fortune, but i`m also sure they kept a few ten-thousand bitcoins just in case it will go much higher, besides they are comitted to bitcoin.

Otherwise, diversification is the best, i would have invested that money in other things too not just bitcoin, in case bitcoin collapses (very unlikely)

What good does it do to you when you're a millionaire on paper? If you have millions in Bitcoin but never cash out you're really as poor as the rest of them.
Only real things make you rich not money on your account.

You dont understand me, i`m totally for buying things, but only with half of the money or quarter of it. Because things can be stolen and can be broken, so some numbers in an account are sometimes better and more robust.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
shadowphoenix

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:05:30 PM

save if u want to be safe. invest if u want to increase the stash!
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:51:03 PM

How can you suppose to know what kind of things that you needed in a future if you didnt get your degree? And how you do that all things without any basic. Im sure if you go all like that you must be scammed by many people out there and there is no going back after you step outside. It depends on how are you going to do with this all stuffs, somebody let all their earning in bitcoin to try luck in it and have a bright future but some dont, so it doesnt mean that you have spare you will succeed it all depends on your hardwork too
grandFX
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:21:16 PM

Do you like risk? if no
save your money in the bank
but if you like risk invest your money for longterm or trading bitcoin to get profit.
High risk high return.
ipbo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:14:18 PM

We know that time is gold and money is time, better to invest with interest, after days goes by the money that you're going to saved will goes back to you.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:16:44 AM

What good does it do to you when you're a millionaire on paper? If you have millions in Bitcoin but never cash out you're really as poor as the rest of them.
Only real things make you rich not money on your account.

You dont understand me, i`m totally for buying things, but only with half of the money or quarter of it. Because things can be stolen and can be broken, so some numbers in an account are sometimes better and more robust.

Yeah its true that you buying things but how are you suppose to know what items you should buy to be a billionaire. All things also will got stolen if you do not save it. And of course satoshi did really in this. He must plan something good for future thats why he become a billionaire and you didnt plan on your future just hope for a miracle things I guess thats not a billionaire vision
Dotakels

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 05:47:45 AM

How can you suppose to know what kind of things that you needed in a future if you didnt get your degree? And how you do that all things without any basic. Im sure if you go all like that you must be scammed by many people out there and there is no going back after you step outside. It depends on how are you going to do with this all stuffs, somebody let all their earning in bitcoin to try luck in it and have a bright future but some dont, so it doesnt mean that you have spare you will succeed it all depends on your hardwork too
If you don't know what stuff or things that you need in the future, I will suggested that you save your money so that if the time comes that you will buy a stuff that will helped you, you can but it because you have money. Instead of buying things that you didn't know that it could help you, save it or invest it so your money can earn a profit, even if it small or big it will help you so much.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 07:47:11 AM

If you don't know what stuff or things that you need in the future, I will suggested that you save your money so that if the time comes that you will buy a stuff that will helped you, you can but it because you have money. Instead of buying things that you didn't know that it could help you, save it or invest it so your money can earn a profit, even if it small or big it will help you so much.

isn't better to invest your time instead, and save every penny(minus the one that are mandatory to spend, for foods, bill ecc...), in this way there is no risk, only fatigue at the end of the day, maybe

time is your money after all
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:38:40 AM

saving currently isn't really interesting as a normal savings account gets you 1% interest per year. if you have money that you'll not spend the comming years it can be set at 4-6% each year but the downside is that you can't acces your money for 5 years.
Dotakels

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 11:00:03 AM

saving currently isn't really interesting as a normal savings account gets you 1% interest per year. if you have money that you'll not spend the comming years it can be set at 4-6% each year but the downside is that you can't acces your money for 5 years.
Saving is interesting even if your savings is normal. But you can't spend or withdraw your money within 5 years and you can only have an interest with only 1% annually. But you have still interest.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: