Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:02:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 799 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1095077 times)
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:15:47 PM

How as an individual can I know if the Earth is a sphere or a flat disc? What experiment can I do that doesn't involve trusting information from a 3rd party that would prove what the geometry really is?

if earth is flat,the moon and sun must be light in every place,and nothing time difference each country,all around the world will day at same time,and night at same time. because earth is sphere,its why some country have different time zone,while in europe night in Asia was day. simple

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Lannister

Activity: 140
Merit: 500

I'm blocking all private messages. Use Bitmessage!

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:28:08 PM

Amazing how NASA's earth images changed over the years lol

No, I will not disclose my real name on the Internet. The very simple reason I’m anonymous is so that I can talk freely about a free web. One mistake people often make is having the faulty assumption that knowing my real name or my association with a respected person, group or organization might get them to trust me more. In fact, I have no authority here. Elastic Project is a loosely associated group of developers which constantly changes over time. If you prefer projects with a more centralized structure, then please move on. Specifically, I kindly ask you to refrain from any messages that try to convince me of the contrary. My time is too valuable to be wasted with the same discussion again and again.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 05:12:29 PM

...clip...

if earth is flat,the moon and sun must be light in every place,and nothing time difference each country,all around the world will day at same time,and night at same time. because earth is sphere,its why some country have different time zone,while in europe night in Asia was day. simple

The horizon limits the distance sunlight and moonlight will travel. If you understand how perspective works then it's easy to see how a small sun orbiting above the surface can create all the time zones.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 05:28:52 PM

Earth is round! we've been to space and have proof. Don't fool yourself

What proof can i ask?

You do realize that we have never taken a photo of the whole earth at once, all the images on google are fakes made by nasa look yourself.

You guys, this joke is getting old. Its just not funny anymore.

But it is fun to talk your way around other people and their logic.

It is good practice for learning to be a politician. Look at the 80% lies that Donald Trump tells, but he has learned to be a politician. The people love him and his lies, many of them not being able to see that they are lies and that he is a liar.

Flat earth = good political practice.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:30:15 PM

earth isn't flat, go to space and take a look, or sail a world, it's not medival ages anymore, how can you be so dumb, and to think that earth is flat

East/West circumnavigation is possible on the Flat Earth model. Scroll up and look at the United Nations map again. When you travel Eastwards your compass is at a right angle to North; hence Eastwards travel would curve around the North Pole and bring you back where you started.

As an analogy, imagine that you are standing twenty feet from the North Pole. If you travel Eastwards where will your path take you?

That's right. Your path takes you in a circle around the North Pole.

It's 2016.

Full hand transplants? Check.
Cloning?  Check.
Quantum computing?  Check.

Traveling in a straight line without constantly turning in one direction?  Way beyond our capabilities.  Roll Eyes
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:45:46 PM

earth isn't flat, go to space and take a look, or sail a world, it's not medival ages anymore, how can you be so dumb, and to think that earth is flat

East/West circumnavigation is possible on the Flat Earth model. Scroll up and look at the United Nations map again. When you travel Eastwards your compass is at a right angle to North; hence Eastwards travel would curve around the North Pole and bring you back where you started.

As an analogy, imagine that you are standing twenty feet from the North Pole. If you travel Eastwards where will your path take you?

That's right. Your path takes you in a circle around the North Pole.

It's 2016.

Full hand transplants? Check.
Cloning?  Check.
Quantum computing?  Check.

Traveling in a straight line without constantly turning in one direction?  Way beyond our capabilities.  Roll Eyes

You'd end up in in space if space were real and you traveled in a straight line on your spinning globe fantasy world.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:53:48 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2016, 10:16:37 PM by notbatman

I just got a private message from "the joint", he's throwing in the towel on his advocation of spinning globe earth.  Cheesy

It's probably for the best as he wasn't going to win against the artificial horizon and gyroscopic compasses prove the earth is flat argument as that's where the planes flying in straight lines discussion was headed.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:09:25 PM

I just got a private message from "the joint", he's throwing in the towel on his advocation of spinning globe earth.  Cheesy

It's probably for the best as he wasn't going to win the artificial horizon and gyroscopic compasses prove the earth is flat argument as that's where the planes flying in straight lines discussion was headed.

Holy shit! I hope it ain't due to a virus due to he not being that far from me.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:16:20 PM

I just got a private message from "the joint", he's throwing in the towel on his advocation of spinning globe earth.  Cheesy

It's probably for the best as he wasn't going to win the artificial horizon and gyroscopic compasses prove the earth is flat argument as that's where the planes flying in straight lines discussion was headed.

I gave him a courtesy notice that I was ignoring him so he would stop wasting his time responding to me.

I engage in this thread because I work in the mental health field, and I'm exceptionally curious about where the line blurs between diagnosable psychosis as a result of chemical imbalance vs. a result of social influence (generally speaking).

Edit: It's also a fun excercise in critical thinking, and I've learned a surprising amount when thinking about refuting some of the most absurd claims I've ever heard.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:32:11 PM

Naw, he's here 'cause I got him on cognitive dissonance and he figures he can fight it by trying to rationalize and promote the spinning globe fallacy. The more he goes over the evidence in his head for and against a spherical earth the deeper the cognitive dissonance becomes. It's gotten to the point now where he can no longer argue the subject and hopes if he ignores it and me it will go away.

The alternative is that he's a shill for the Tavistock Institute and knows the earth is flat but is incentivized to promote globalism.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 11:04:28 PM

Naw, he's here 'cause I got him on cognitive dissonance and he figures he can fight it by trying to rationalize and promote the spinning globe fallacy. The more he goes over the evidence in his head for and against a spherical earth the deeper the cognitive dissonance becomes. It's gotten to the point now where he can no longer argue the subject and hopes if he ignores it and me it will go away.

The alternative is that he's a shill for the Tavistock Institute and knows the earth is flat but is incentivized to promote globalism.

In your dreams, just like flat earth. Cheesy

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Bitguybillionaire

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 12:51:49 AM

1. Launch a balloon with your own camera attached to it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAifzh7_-cg

2. Sail around the world on your own.

3. Become an astronaut.

...but the curve is going the wrong way in that video!

The options were flat or spherical, now you've gone and complicated things by offering evidence for a concave earth.
This is just an effect of the lens on the camera, especially if the camera is moving or shaking. This can momentarily alter the image produced in the video.

●                                                     Z I X X                                                     ●
[    DISCORD    ]  [    TWITTER    ]  [ ANN THREAD ]  [   FACEBOOK   ]
|   Automated Shared MNs   |  80% Masternode Rewards  |   Highest "Locked %"  |
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 06:20:47 AM

I gave him a courtesy notice that I was ignoring him so he would stop wasting his time responding to me.

I engage in this thread because I work in the mental health field, and I'm exceptionally curious about where the line blurs between diagnosable psychosis as a result of chemical imbalance vs. a result of social influence (generally speaking).

Edit: It's also a fun excercise in critical thinking, and I've learned a surprising amount when thinking about refuting some of the most absurd claims I've ever heard.

I'm just goin' kick back and watch Batman smoke a joint while Doc pens his white paper that'll later win a Noble Prize in medicine.
Batmanvsduecare

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 06:47:40 AM

Why would this article even conrfirmed we are in an advance technology where we can see a full proof.

montaga

Activity: 610
Merit: 264

Freedom, Natural Law

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 07:43:00 PM

He "joint" someone needs a hand reenforcing a door they having a hard time getting it airtight.  Cheesy Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezNQtSGJH8Q

Potatoh

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 02:29:37 AM

How is it confirmed? If the world was flat, why can't I see all of earth a once?
Hganz11

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 05:13:02 AM

Always thought thew world was round now im starting to question it because of this Cry Cry

◉ Yobit.Net: Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins! ◉ (https://yobit.net/en/dice/)
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 03:48:13 PM

He "joint" someone needs a hand reenforcing a door they having a hard time getting it airtight.  Cheesy Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezNQtSGJH8Q

That's because it's not even a door.  It's a thermal cover for the hatch. 
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 05:51:35 PM

Notice that SpaceX can't land their exhausted booster rocket on a barge at sea perhaps because the GPS relays are unreliable unlike the land-based GPS since there's no satellite GPSs.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 09:19:44 PM

"Looking toward the south from an altitude of 400 kilometers, this stunning snapshot from orbit finds bright lights of Tokyo and cities across central and southern Japan, planet Earth shining upward through broken clouds."

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap160305.html

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1603/iss044e022682Japan.jpg

Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 799 »
  Print  

Jump to: