Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:32:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 799 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1095075 times)
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 03:27:56 PM

Things you can do to prove the Earth is Round>
1. get in an airplane and fly West and keep flying west.
2. get in a Boat and sail away from the shore and watch the shore line and the mountains behind.
the shore line (beach) will disappear first but you will still be able to see the mountains. If the world was flat this would not happen.
3. Go to a tall mountain with a unobstructed view on a clear day. You can see the curve of the earth.
4. Go visit the International Space Station

1. North is at the center, South is the Antarctic ice ring and flying east or west will lead you in a circle like the Sun and Moon disks.

2. The shore goes out of view due to perspective and the limitations the eye/camera in your example.

3. Been there, done that; the horizon is a perfectly flat and level line that rises to eye/camera level no matter what the elevation.

4. You're joking right? Space is fake, there's no space, no satellites, no ball planets, no giant stars or galaxies, it's all a lie. Paintings and CGI, Hollywood movie magic, guys hanging from steel wires, vomit comets, underwater tanks, green screens and lots and lots of hairspray.

Black Holes??? HAHAHAH FUCK OFF!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:33:03 PM

2. get in a Boat and sail away from the shore and watch the shore line and the mountains behind.
the shore line (beach) will disappear first but you will still be able to see the mountains. If the world was flat this would not happen.
3. Go to a tall mountain with a unobstructed view on a clear day. You can see the curve of the earth.

1. North is at the center, South is the Antarctic ice ring and flying east or west will lead you in a circle like the Sun and Moon disks.

2. The shore goes out of view due to perspective and the limitations the eye/camera in your example.

3. Been there, done that; the horizon is a perfectly flat and level line that rises to eye/camera level no matter what the elevation.

4. You're joking right? Space is fake, there's no space, no satellites, no ball planets, no giant stars or galaxies, it's all a lie. Paintings and CGI, Hollywood movie magic, guys hanging from steel wires, vomit comets, underwater tanks, green screens and lots and lots of hairspray.

Black holes?  Who said anything about black holes?  Why is provoking others more important to you than what is correct?  Do you tell your friends and family you believe in this stuff?

Out of curiosity, what's your profession?
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:20:32 PM

Black holes?  Who said anything about black holes?  Why is provoking others more important to you than what is correct?  Do you tell your friends and family you believe in this stuff?

1. Yeah, black holes... you believe that shit LOL?

2. I provide evidence to back up my "provocative" claims of a Flat Earth, getting at the truth is always more important.

3. Of coarse I don't mention it to friends and family, HAHAHA.

4. I make dreams come true.   Cool
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 12:20:33 AM

1. Yeah, black holes... you believe that shit LOL?

2. I provide evidence to back up my "provocative" claims of a Flat Earth, getting at the truth is always more important.

3. Of coarse I don't mention it to friends and family, HAHAHA.

4. I make dreams come true.   Cool

1) I was wondering why you mentioned it, seemingly out of nowhere, when it wasn't referenced previously, though I assume it's because it's another random youtube idea that you latched onto and decided to parrot here because it makes you feel smarter to claim to be able to disprove a difficult concept that those with better jobs, credentials, and knowledge have worked on for decades, despite that we both know you have no idea how the theory of black holes' existence came to be.  Trust me, from a psychological standpoint, I know why this flat earth stuff is so appealing to you.

2) Nah, you skip evidence and jump straight to conclusion.  All this time and you don't even realize that you could disprove gravity, black holes, space, and satellites -- and prove the earth isn't spinning or moving -- simultaneously, and you still wouldn't be any closer to proving a flat earth.  None of these things inherently speak to the shape of the earth.  Flat earth theory is born of a simple hypothesis, i.e. when viewed in its entirety, the earth will appear flat.  You haven't done a single thing to facilitate a case for that hypothesis, and instead talk about all this satellite and black hole and gravity stuff. 

3) Why not? Because you might face social consequences, or because you know this flat earth stuff is garbage?

4) What's that job pay?  How has it helped you?
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 01:43:46 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2016, 06:24:29 PM by notbatman

^

Black holes, they're one of the more absurd pieces of space garbage they throw at you. It goes along with my point of space being fake and by default the ISS as well. Oh an I do understand what the the Planck Length is so don't try and make it out like I don't understand what the fuck is going on.

Skip evidence, are you kidding me? I just provided hard proof from Airy that the Earth is motionless. While not direct proof, this certainly lends itself to a Flat Earth. As for direct proof just look at the horizon, no matter the altitude it's flat and rises to eye/camera level. The Bedford Level experiment is also hard evidence of a Flat Earth. Objects can been seen at impossible distance (on a ball) with a telescope. My conclusion that Earth is flat was most certainly reached after examining the evidence.

As for social consequences, I'll use this analogy; there's certain aspects of female psychology that Sigmund Freud wouldn't divulge due to fear of the Mafia not because it was "garbage".

And finally, are you independently wealthy? We're clearly drifting off topic here...
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 03:22:28 PM

Tabatadze

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 01:10:22 PM

This is why i love internet. LOL
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:37:27 PM

^

Black holes, they're one of the more absurd pieces of space garbage they throw at you. It goes along with my point of space being fake and by default the ISS as well. Oh an I do understand what the the Planck Length is so don't try and make it out like I don't understand what the fuck is going on.

Skip evidence, are you kidding me? I just provided hard proof from Airy the Earth is motionless. While not direct proof, this certainly lends itself to a Flat Earth. As for direct proof just look at the horizon, no matter the altitude it's flat and rises to eye/camera level. The Bedford Level experiment is hard evidence of a Flat Earth. Objects can been seen at impossible distance (on a ball) with a telescope. My conclusion that the Earth was flat was most certainly reached after examining the evidence.

As for social consequences, I'll use this analogy; there's certain aspects of female psychology that Sigmund Freud wouldn't divulge due to fear of the Mafia not because it was "garbage".

And finally, are you independently wealthy? We're clearly drifting off topic here...

1) You know "what the Planck length is?"  Oh, you master of black hole knowledge, you.  Roll Eyes

2a) Motionless =/= flat.  Can you tell me why your interpretation of Airy's experiment makes a flat earth more likely than, say, a cube earth? 

2b) Yeah, you've said about a hundred times now the the horizon always appears flat and rises to eye level.  On both cases, no they don't.  Both are observable and measurable.  Fly in a commercial jet and the horizon is about 3 degrees below a line of sight parallel to the ground.

2c) Bedford level experiment has been replicated numerous times, every single time demonstrating curvature.

3) Paranoia is a real phenomenon, too.

4) It just seems to me that you might want to consider spending your time on something more useful and productive.  My guess is that the countless hours you've undoubtedly spent researching this stuff has done little for you except perpahs provide you with some entertainment.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:15:08 PM

^

Skip evidence, are you kidding me? I just provided hard proof from Airy that the Earth is motionless. While not direct proof, this certainly lends itself to a Flat Earth. As for direct proof just look at the horizon, no matter the altitude it's flat and rises to eye/camera level. The Bedford Level experiment is also hard evidence of a Flat Earth. Objects can been seen at impossible distance (on a ball) with a telescope. My conclusion that Earth is flat was most certainly reached after examining the evidence.

1) You know "what the Planck length is?"  Oh, you master of black hole knowledge, you.  Roll Eyes

2a) Motionless =/= flat.  Can you tell me why your interpretation of Airy's experiment makes a flat earth more likely than, say, a cube earth?  

2b) Yeah, you've said about a hundred times now the the horizon always appears flat and rises to eye level.  On both cases, no they don't.  Both are observable and measurable.  Fly in a commercial jet and the horizon is about 3 degrees below a line of sight parallel to the ground.

2c) Bedford level experiment has been replicated numerous times, every single time demonstrating curvature.

4) It just seems to me that you might want to consider spending your time on something more useful and productive.  My guess is that the countless hours you've undoubtedly spent researching this stuff has done little for you except perpahs provide you with some entertainment.

1. It would take somebody who has intimate knowledge of black holes to recognize another master; I see your Schwartz is as big as mine.

2(a). No motionless doesn't directly imply flat but your spinning ball is now a proven fake.

2(b). Here you're either lying or misinformed, the horizon is flat and rises to eye/camera level no matter what the altitude.

2(c). Yes the Bedford Level experiment has been replicated many times and again you're either lying or misinformed as the results are flat every time with the exception of the faked photograph the Royal Society provides.

3. You know they're doing research into inducing paranoia and other effects with synthetic fungal toxins similar to LSD. A lot of the field research is done in South America and sometimes the sprayed toxins drift from the coca "test" fields to the coffee fields.  Cheesy

4. We don't live on a spinning ball dude.
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:37:41 PM

This is why i love internet. LOL

You took those words out of my mind, priceless indeed! "Want some more!"
Won't involve myself in a debate, is pointless from my prospective, but it's really interesting to see how different we are.
Respect to all not matter in what you believe.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 09:18:49 PM

^

1) You know "what the Planck length is?"  Oh, you master of black hole knowledge, you.  Roll Eyes

2a) Motionless =/= flat.  Can you tell me why your interpretation of Airy's experiment makes a flat earth more likely than, say, a cube earth?  

2b) Yeah, you've said about a hundred times now the the horizon always appears flat and rises to eye level.  On both cases, no they don't.  Both are observable and measurable.  Fly in a commercial jet and the horizon is about 3 degrees below a line of sight parallel to the ground.

4) It just seems to me that you might want to consider spending your time on something more useful and productive.  My guess is that the countless hours you've undoubtedly spent researching this stuff has done little for you except perpahs provide you with some entertainment.

1. It would take somebody who has intimate knowledge of black holes to recognize another master; I see your Schwartz is as big as mine.

2(a). No motionless doesn't directly imply flat but your spinning ball is now a proven fake.

2(b). Here you're either lying or misinformed, the horizon is flat and rises to eye/camera level no matter what the altitude.

2(c). Yes the Bedford Level experiment has been replicated many times and again you're either lying or misinformed as the results are flat every time with the exception of the faked photograph the Royal Society provides.

3. You know they're doing research into inducing paranoia and other effects with synthetic fungal toxins similar to LSD. A lot of the field research is done in South America and sometimes the sprayed toxins drift from the coca "test" fields to the coffee fields.  Cheesy

4. We don't live on a spinning ball dude.

1) When you equate knowing "what the Planck length is" to being knowledgable about black holes, those who do know about black holes tend to spit out their coffee and keel into laughing fits.

2a) If only you actually understood the experiment...

2b) Uh, seen it first hand, dude.  I'm not the first nor the last.  Go buy a plane ticket and a sight level.  It's cool stuff.  Although, for stability, you might want to try a tall mountain.  If you learn trig, you can first estimate the angular difference and then measure it to confirm it's correct.

2c) You didn't even read the Wiki on the experiment, did you?

3) See, this is your problem.  To you, every and all conspiracies (let's forget whether they are true or not) are somehow linked. I'm guessing you've postulated whether flat earth and 9/11 are related inasmuch as the same people are responsible for them.  And those are just two examples; I'm guessing you see connections between all sorts of conspiracy theories.  Yeah, call me squarely unconvinced because I'm calling you crazy -- interesting, but crazy.

4) Yeah, no.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 02:41:17 AM

Brainstorm - Flat Earth [Official Music Video]
-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcBxvIF-f_0

bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 02:45:33 AM

Hahaha. Lol. Bitcoins and blackholes aren't as bad of a combination as you think it is. This is actually quite entertaining. Hahahahaha

kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:29:36 PM

easy way ? look at other planet in the solar system, you can do this from your backyard with a relatively small telescope, seeing how other planets are gives a good idea on how earth especially when you add the orbits into the equation. and speaking of small telescope you can use a triangulation methode you can use a relatively fixed object in the sky a close one, such as a geosynchronos satelite, measure the distance, then travel to another region or country and do the same, you'll find your distance with the object has changed but not only that the arc changed as well........ I mean I can go on and on...
acroman08
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1076

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 04:10:29 PM

i feel bad for you i hope you find your peace in believing in flat earth.

ill be praying for you Cheesy

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
knightkon

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:43:19 PM

How is it possible that this conversation is still going on after all of this time!!  So, lets change this up; instead of proving that the world is flat, I want  you to prove to me that it is not round!  Make that case and we might have a conversation.

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
Lanceire

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:53:29 AM

How as an individual can I know if the Earth is a sphere or a flat disc? What experiment can I do that doesn't involve trusting information from a 3rd party that would prove what the geometry really is?

https://i.imgur.com/1FL8pEp.jpg

Not be poor as fuck and fly in a plane around the world OR, you know how ships seem to go down in the sunset? That's how.
Carror

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:26:08 AM

How as an individual can I know if the Earth is a sphere or a flat disc? What experiment can I do that doesn't involve trusting information from a 3rd party that would prove what the geometry really is?

https://i.imgur.com/1FL8pEp.jpg

Not be poor as fuck and fly in a plane around the world OR, you know how ships seem to go down in the sunset? That's how.

Stop being a memer you pathetic scrub.
montaga

Activity: 610
Merit: 264

Freedom, Natural Law

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:56:29 PM

Who has visited or lives at Sea level and who at sea curve?

(A little graphical aid in case there is a language barrier)
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:50:24 PM

Who has visited or lives at Sea level and who at sea curve?

(A little graphical aid in case there is a language barrier)

Ignoring the physical/natural laws of perspective, and ignoring the fact that a ships mast remains perfectly vertical as it goes past the horizon, a person who believes the Earth is a spinning ball says a ship disappears from the bottom up because the ship is falling over the curve. When asked why the horizon is perfectly flat that same person says you have to be really high to see the curve.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 799 »
  Print  

Jump to: