Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:28:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 799 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1095075 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 01:31:50 AM

Badecker lost all arguments, so he thinks that posts stockpiling agenda will help him.  It will not...

Come on. There aren't any arguments. And certainly none to lose.    Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 01:41:36 AM

The Most Difficult Fifty Bucks I Ever Earned
http://www.scifiwright.com/2016/09/the-most-difficult-fifty-bucks-i-ever-earned/

Quote from: John C. Wright
A reader asked me to view the following two hour lecture on geocentrism. He promised me fifty bucks if I was not convinced. I wished I had asked for more. This was painful to sit through.

The man involved, Robert Sungenis, is, to put the matter kindly, a smug and dishonest crackpot without even the zealous honesty the other crackpots, flatearthers and theosophists, tend to radiate.

I was trying to count the number of scientific errors he made, and gave up counting when I realized every statement contained a scientific error but one. (He is correct that the microwave background radiation in space is not symmetrical).

The argument was grossly illogical, merely an assertion that there is a conspiracy theory among scientists to discredit the Bible, and that scientists falsify results and ignore contrary experiments due to personal prejudice.

It haunts and horrifies me that any educated person could be deceived by this man. Robert Sungenis is an uncharismatic version of Professor Harold Hill, the Music Man. Only not as amusing, and without the song and dance.

Here is the lecture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwx7bYEUIF4&ab_channel=LoneStar1776

Fairness requires me to at least list to the points I found unpersausive.

Professor Harold Hill (as I shall call him hereafter) begins with a fifteen minute explanation of his purpose, which is to show that the Earth is the center of the universe in order to undermine the atheist view that the Earth is in an insignificant area of a vast cosmos.

He repeats this several times, and the argument is never made more logically than this: he rejects anything other than a flatly literal interpretation of the Bible as discrediting the whole of the Bible, so that if an ancient writer speaks of the sun rising or the moon setting, this is support for geocentrism.

The problem with Biblical literalism is that it requires a firmament of water above the atmosphere, plants older than the sun, and the presence of unicorns in the wilderness, leviathans in the sea, and God having hands and feet and wings and so on.

As  Roman Catholic, I am not bound to affirm that every non-scholarly flatfooted literal reading in translation of every passage of the Bible, taken out of context, means what the non-scholar says. So, to me, the idea that even one Christian lost his faith due to the Copernican theory is absurd (or, rather, that only absurd Christians would find this a challenge to their faith) much less that the orbit of the Earth around the sun is the main reason for loss of Christian faith in the modern day. The Copernican theory was not an issue for Christians until the Evengelical movement springing from the Protestant movement, some hundreds of years after the entire Christian world saw no conflict between astronomy and theology. It is a make believe problem believed neither by honest scientists nor by orthodox Christians.

The fight between faith and reason exists only the narrow minds of atheists who worship science without understanding it and heretics who worship the Bible without understanding it: two brands of idolaters, each a mirror reflection of the other.

As an ex-atheist, I solemnly assure you that not a single atheist, no, not one, would give a flying fig over whether geocentrism were proven true. Earth being in the center of the cosmos does not prove God exists, or even hint as much. How many atheist of your acquaintance fell down and worshiped God when the Big Bang became the standard model?

Lucretius the Roman philosopher and poet was an atheist (or, at least, a man who believed the serene gods never interfered in human affairs) and he believed the geocentric model.

Astronomy is not what makes atheist doubt the witness of the Christians. (More likely, it is our lack of charity and godliness that makes them doubt.)

The medieval writers who put Earth in the center of gravity, where are all the heavy, mundane, mortal, and un-divine material fell, regarded the center of the universe as the bottom, where hell was. The Earth’s surface was the roof of hell. The stars were the palaces of the saints and angels, the important part of the universe. We were the sewer.

And, as writers from Chesterton to Lewis have pointed out, in no sober man does the size of the universe show man to be too small for the concern of God, rather than stand in mute witness to His glory.

Man is indeed small in relation to the universe. For that matter, he is small in relation to the nearest tree.

Arguing that heliocentrism moves man from the central position of God’s love to a forgotten corner of the cosmos is as illogical as arguing that Caesar must be a god but Christ cannot be god, because Caesar was in Rome, adorned in purple, whereas Christ was born in a stinking stable in an obscure frontier of the Empire.

Only someone unfamiliar with (or perhaps an enemy of) both Christian humility and scientific honesty could make such a stupid argument as to claim heliocentrism erodes faith and geocentrism will restore it.

Therefore when Professor Hill says at the outset that his purpose is not to learn science, but to use science to teach about God, salvation and the eternity of the soul, he attempting gross malfeasance, first by identifying a wrong cause of atheism (it is not caused by heliocentrism) and second by identifying a wrong method of Biblical exegesis (expecting science to match tin-eared literalism of those heretics who worship the Bible, not Christ.)

So the introduction gave me the intellectual measure  of the man: the question he approaches are above his mental pay grade.

(more commentary at link below)
http://www.scifiwright.com/2016/09/the-most-difficult-fifty-bucks-i-ever-earned/

The Revelation talks about the dragon's tail sweeping a third of the stars out of the sky and flinging them to the earth. When you look into the interpretation of what the stars are, you will see that they are angels who followed the devil (dragon). But there is another interpretation of what the stars are. It is a difficult one to find, and it is probably more literal than we thinks.

The stars in the sky are the laws of the universe. When the dragon swept a third of the stars out of the sky, he probably thought that he was sweeping a third of the laws of the universe out of existence. He probably thought - since his name is Abaddon and Apollyon = Destroyer - that he was destroying the universe. But we see that it didn't work.

The reason the universe was not destroyed was because God held it in place with his own strength. (If you think that this is something for the future, look at the tense in the Revelation. It is past. It already happened, further back than the 1900 years ago that the Revelation was written.)

The point? The laws of the universe are not the thing that holds the universe in place. Rather, it is God that holds the universe in place. God can make plants to live in light that is not from the sun, moon, or stars.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Jonar21

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 04:15:55 PM

In fact, already in the III century BC Ancient Greek scientist Eratosthenes Kirensk (. ca 276-194 BC) not only firmly know that the Earth - the ball, but was able to measure the radius of the Earth, having received the amount of 6311 km - with an error of no more than 1 percent!
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 04:54:03 PM

Is there a central place where conspiracy people can exchange info?  I mean the flat earth thing goes contrary to the hole at the North Pole and aliens inside the earth, but it is supported well by the fake moon landing and fake Nasa missions.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:00:55 PM

Is there a central place where conspiracy people can exchange info?  I mean the flat earth thing goes contrary to the hole at the North Pole and aliens inside the earth, but it is supported well by the fake moon landing and fake Nasa missions.

Elon Musk Plans to Name 1st Mars Colony Ship 'Heart of Gold' in Sci-Fi Nod

We propose that the second ship be christened Satoshimoto. Elon envisions a million people on Mars by 2060, a quest he's espoused so to leave behind the corruption here on Earth, with Mars being a utopia of sorts. And what better way to achieve said feat than to bring to Mars a perfect monetary system at the onset so that its inhabitants can freely engage in commerce, e.g. sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll (and 3D printed guns, payola for Martian politicians, tithing, food, water ...)
montaga

Activity: 610
Merit: 264

Freedom, Natural Law

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:18:15 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2016, 08:06:05 PM by montaga

100% Undeniable Proof the Moon is Close

Not only is it close but craters are all round which would mean every-time it was hit heat-on.
The fact is it was never hit and the craters are electrical damage as he acts like a capacitor, charging when waxing phase (colder moon light as he takes/loads) and discharging when and waning.

Bonus:
NASA Moon landing Hoax discussed on FOX News

In fact
......... a rude awakening awaits!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 08:54:31 PM

NASA gets caught faking the ISS... again - Flat Earth

Damn you notbatman et al.! I can't find no logical reason for how that live performance was accomplished given the delay.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 09:37:46 PM

NASA's big advertising campaign is, just that... advertising. They aren't going to show anyone the real stuff until they get good and ready. Besides, it is all probably government top-secret classified. So they can't show it by law.

Cool

CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 01:08:58 AM

Damn you notbatman et al.! I can't find no logical reason for how that live performance was accomplished given the delay.

grammar is the sarcasm cue here but just in case anyone is actually confused. The video list conspiracy possibilities A and B which are highly unlikely. Far more probable are

Possibility C) The astronaut portion was simply prerecorded and thus only the earth part was actually live.

Or

Possibility D) The astronaut set the pace and just played without actually listening to anything played and sung on land. The musicians on land could then simply just match their tempo and their music to his song as it arrived.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 04:38:22 AM

grammar is the sarcasm cue here but just in case anyone is actually confused. The video list conspiracy possibilities A and B which are highly unlikely. Far more probable are

Possibility C) The astronaut portion was simply prerecorded and thus only the earth part was actually live.

Or

Possibility D) The astronaut set the pace and just played without actually listening to anything played and sung on land. The musicians on land could then simply just match their tempo and their music to his song as it arrived.

I concur with your both sentiments, albeit supposedly, unless I'm mistaken, the sing-along was billed as a live rendering sans said disclaimers, again, unless mistaken. I'm sure that whatever entity was behind the feat didn't prior market the then upcoming sing-along as a must-watch-and-see one group of performers accompany a taping of an astronaut singing while playing a guitar in zero gravity while circling the globe at how many miles per hour? I doubt if Bono could even accomplish an in sync tune with a live video feed of a busker playing a sitar in front of the Taj Mahal while he's crooning on stage at Carnegie Hall.
nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 07:11:07 AM

earth never flat

ok bye
montaga

Freedom, Natural Law

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 01:59:40 PM

earth never flat
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 03:28:44 PM

What?!?  You're leaving agiain?!?    Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 03:29:37 PM

Owl in earth. Earth hollow.    Cool

eminem90

Activity: 298

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 03:57:08 PM

You can go on a trip. Only go in a straight line. And soon (hahaha) you come back to the place where you started your journey
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 04:32:08 PM

You can go on a trip. Only go in a straight line. And soon (hahaha) you come back to the place where you started your journey

Tell me more about this mythical straight line that has no arcs when used to either navigate a globe or encircle a flat Earth, and I'll show you a banana dick that extracts seeds that are just as worthless as its referenced namesake's seeds.
montaga

Freedom, Natural Law

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:25:28 PM

Urgent call to ALL Globots, explanation needed: 360° light issue on the globe model

Bonus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqwWDZta37k
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:51:59 PM

Urgent call to ALL Globots, explanation needed: 360° light issue on the globe model

Bonus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqwWDZta37k

For kicks on my lunch break, I watched 30 seconds of the first video.

I'm assuming the video is something about why it isn't dark at noon after 1/2 year, which is explained by the difference between sidereal and solar days which are (for simplicity) ~4 minutes apart.  Because ~4 minutes multiplied by (for simplicity) ~180 days = 12 hours, there's your explanation.

Next.
Karloff

Activity: 256

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 09:07:57 PM

Thales believed that the Earth is floating in the water like a piece of wood. Anaximander imagined Earth in the form of a cylinder (in this case pointed out that its diameter is exactly three times greater than the height), where people live on top. Anaximenes thought that the sun and moon are the same flat.
Klima

Activity: 240

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 09:40:08 PM

Thales believed that the Earth is floating in the water like a piece of wood. Anaximander imagined Earth in the form of a cylinder (in this case pointed out that its diameter is exactly three times greater than the height), where people live on top. Anaximenes thought that the sun and moon are the same flat.
the existence of the International Flat Earth Society is in question after the death of its spiritual leader. According to statements by the supporters of society, all of Earth's government concluded the global conspiracy to deceive people.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 799 »
  Print  

Jump to: