Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:37:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790353 times)
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:28:20 AM

The 30 minute chart is showing:

GO  SPREADBUTTCHEEKSCOIN!

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:33:05 AM

Is this a buy signal from Coins101??

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:39:51 AM

That's so rude. I'm hoping the mods delete your post.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:46:43 AM

Calling bottom.  Now, if you were to see two ladies with voluptuous assets, it would probably signal a double bottom, in which case, that would be a strong buy signal.
Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:13:41 AM

Just wondering a thing. If georgem will launch in the future a decentralized exchange, the freemasons in the government will never accept to see people avoiding taxes, isn't it ? Thus, georgem could have some problems with the authorities. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What do you think, georgem ?

https://www.youtube.com/user/zionget/videos
Propagandalf

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:14:16 AM

Just wondering a thing. If georgem will launch in the future a decentralized exchange, the freemasons in the government will never accept to see people avoiding taxes, isn't it ? Thus, georgem could have some problems with the authorities. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Stop being such an impatient, attention-seeking cunt, and wait your turn. Surely you must know by now that any post from you is undesirable, so long as you do not properly address any of the issues concerning your profile. It is a lame excuse that you cannot speak English well enough. Also, why the fuck should anyone bother answer your questions when you basically avoid the major discussion revolving around you wielding a dead terrorist's name, waving the ISIS flag and a sporting a tagline that goes against EVERYTHING Spreadcoin stands for? In fact, I don't even understand why you are here unless your mission is to destroy any coin that you come near. You either have about 30 IQ or you are deliberately seeking bad PR for us. We shouldn't have to explain these things to you.

It is really, really worrying that you feel supporting ISIS is merely "resistance towards US policy". There are plenty of other people in the world who disagree with US policy, and yet you decide to support an organization whose members are responsible for some of the worst atrocities seen in this century, and who are willing to kill anyone from any country who is not a "true" Muslim (a brainwashed one). Your family must be proud. So, by "dominating" the world, you are resisting the US? What the fuck? Where is the logic? The world does not revolve around ISIL and the US. What a fucking joke your statement is, it is 100% selfish and ignorant, and you don't even realize it. Your beloved torturing and murdering heroes are an insult to humanity and basic human rights, a viewpoint that is held by almost the entire world. You are simply brainwashed by the never-ending ISIS propaganda machine. Their ideology and tactics are quite similar to Hitler and his Nazis, which basically makes you, their supporter, an extreme fascist. If you cannot see that, you are blind. I encourage you to open your eyes before it is too late, while you still have your life ahead of you. ISIS could take that away.  
BBS001

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:15:59 AM

Still have freedom of speech, but we can ensure we are setting the correct standards (How we present ourselves to the world).

That's not how freedom of speech works.

Of course not  Roll Eyes
Say what you want but do it in a polite manner, to correct standards, business like, professional. Sets a good image for future SPR  entrepreneurs/investors/corporates. Was hoping on a GOOD ROI.... Maybe not then.

Imho self-mod is more like a well balanced community of like minded people, nothing wrong with that. Without rules/self-mod you are only left with anarchy (the jungle).
What you're looking for is a hugbox or an echo chamber and both of them have plenty of things wrong with them.
No not at all, "hugbox" lmfao. When I first heard about SPR it was to do with some BS about Microsoft(utter BS), started to read into SPR and liked the idea so bought in. Now seeing what I see, there was/is NO WAY MS would add this coin to Azure. This coin/community needs to be more professional before likes of MS join in. That banner will put them off.

You are pretty much already the college kid on the picture above.
I mean you're sensitivity and inability to ignore trolls are making you more annoying than a troll. In fact, I already put you on Ignore a few days ago and only decided respond now because your posts were quoted...

lmao , to be in my 20's again....... No f**king way!!! When you were at college, I was serving my country. And proud of it!

I have no problems with Abou and what he's said so far, it's the meaning of the banner! That has nothing to do with a troll

And, please do KEEP on ignoring me, your free to do so after all.  Wink
Don't respond back, cheers  Cool

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:21:48 AM

Calling bottom.  Now, if you were to see two ladies with voluptuous assets, it would probably signal a double bottom, in which case, that would be a strong buy signal.

I agree I think it's the bottom as well.

Would be great to get on to poloniex! Hopefully we can make that happen in a few months

Now if we could only chew through that 20 bitcoin wall at 10k

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:29:19 AM

Would be great to get on to poloniex! Hopefully we can make that happen in a few months

I'm going to put up a vote in the next 24-48hrs.  If none of you vote yes, I'm going to put all of you on ignore. If you support my vote, that wall will be gone in seconds.
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:56:41 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2016, 04:43:08 AM by rhinomonkey

I'm going to put up a vote in the next 24-48hrs.  If none of you vote yes, I'm going to put all of you on ignore. If you support my vote, that wall will be gone in seconds.

Do you know something we don't? First the girl, now this. Time to pull my bitcoin out of Eth?

Edit: If you vote yes to coin's vote I will put up a 10 million SPR wall. Do as I say or dumps!  Wink

Edit 2: How does one put up a vote anyways?

sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:54:00 AM

That's so rude. I'm hoping the mods delete your post.

oh sorry, my bad..

GO  SPREADCHEEKSCOIN!

there ya go bud, fify   Grin

entropycoin

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:37:49 AM

I expect that I need another 50 hours or so to finish everything and put all the loose ends together before we can start testing it.

This could mean best case, that I will be ready in 1 week, or worst case by the end of january.

Is end of January still looking feasible?

Pretty much.  Smiley

I was able to do about 50% of what's still needed.
If might not be able to finish the other half in the next week (collisions with dayjob), so it might slide a few days into first week of february.

I'll probably create an explanatory video about current state of overlay network and how the blockexplorer behaves, so you better know what the problems are I'm working on.

I owe you that much.

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 09:39:20 AM

Just to bump this, does it mean the standalone vanity gen is useless, or can it be configured to generate compressed addresses?

Yes, it's missing something.
This early standalone vanitygen won't work as it is.

Elbandi's adjustments were too few:

https://github.com/spreadcoin/vanitygen/commit/4a662ea48abef0fb146c945455832333a5d18535

As you see in the adjustments he made, he didn't account for anything compression-wise.

I'll have to look into it at another time.

So you didn't code the spreadcoin vanity address? Elbandi did that?
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 11:02:13 AM

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 11:08:10 AM

Just say you created it, no need to insult.
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 11:18:31 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2016, 11:33:10 AM by georgem

This is the open source world, it's not about "who created it"... nobody owns this, many people have contributed to make it happen.

Originally I think 100% of all vanity gen implementations out there are atleast partially based on samr7's work:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.0

Elbandi forked it and simply adjusted for the usual spreadcoin network bytes.
But that isn't enough, since spreadcoin uses "compact transactions", as described in mr. spread's whitepaper.
(So https://github.com/spreadcoin/vanitygen doesn't work in its current state)

My vanitygen implementation goes a tiny little bit further in that I dissected samr7's code, accounted for "compact transactions" , embedded it in Qt and gave it a GUI.

Hope this makes it clearer.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 11:59:03 AM

This is the open source world, it's not about "who created it"... nobody owns this, many people have contributed to make it happen.

Originally I think 100% of all vanity gen implementations out there are atleast partially based on samr7's work:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.0

Elbandi forked it and simply adjusted for the usual spreadcoin network bytes.
But that isn't enough, since spreadcoin uses "compact transactions", as described in mr. spread's whitepaper.
(So https://github.com/spreadcoin/vanitygen doesn't work in its current state)

My vanitygen implementation goes a tiny little bit further in that I dissected samr7's code, accounted for "compact transactions" , embedded it in Qt and gave it a GUI.

Hope this makes it clearer.

Crystal, thank you!
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 04:50:17 PM

Stop being such an impatient, attention-seeking cunt, and wait your turn. Surely you must know by now that any post from you is undesirable, so long as you do not properly address any of the issues concerning your profile. It is a lame excuse that you cannot speak English well enough. Also, why the fuck should anyone bother answer your questions when you basically avoid the major discussion revolving around you wielding a dead terrorist's name, waving the ISIS flag and a sporting a tagline that goes against EVERYTHING Spreadcoin stands for? In fact, I don't even understand why you are here unless your mission is to destroy any coin that you come near. You either have about 30 IQ or you are deliberately seeking bad PR for us. We shouldn't have to explain these things to you.

It is really, really worrying that you feel supporting ISIS is merely "resistance towards US policy". There are plenty of other people in the world who disagree with US policy, and yet you decide to support an organization whose members are responsible for some of the worst atrocities seen in this century, and who are willing to kill anyone from any country who is not a "true" Muslim (a brainwashed one). Your family must be proud. So, by "dominating" the world, you are resisting the US? What the fuck? Where is the logic? The world does not revolve around ISIL and the US. What a fucking joke your statement is, it is 100% selfish and ignorant, and you don't even realize it. Your beloved torturing and murdering heroes are an insult to humanity and basic human rights, a viewpoint that is held by almost the entire world. You are simply brainwashed by the never-ending ISIS propaganda machine. Their ideology and tactics are quite similar to Hitler and his Nazis, which basically makes you, their supporter, an extreme fascist. If you cannot see that, you are blind. I encourage you to open your eyes before it is too late, while you still have your life ahead of you. ISIS could take that away.  
Great post
You sir ,win the internet

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 05:00:19 PM

Georgem edging into the middle of when his account could turn legendary at anytime.  So, still offering the same SPR reward for nearest guess to when that might happen.

Let's get some new dates from everyone.  
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 05:20:38 PM

Being a sensitive soul I took a bit of offence to indirectly being referred to as a FUDer a few posts back.

For this reason I thought I'd jot down my position on the Spreadcoin project in a more detailed way so that I at least can have my say in a single post that can be referred to.

These are purely my own opinions so please treat them as such.  I still have a large stake in Spreadcoin. I post this hoping to open a debate that so far hasn't been forthcoming.

The vision I bought into.

An innovative, blockchain based, decentralised service provision experiment.  The plan was to create an overlay network consisting of service nodes. It was discussed and agreed that the best way to achieve a large service network would be to create paying nodes that perform either no service or a very minor one so that the network could grow while work on the first services could happen. I thought that the idea was to create an API so that once the service network existed, anybody could develop their own services.

Separately, I believed that PoBN was going to be the centre-piece cryptographic challenge that a core group of the Spreadcoin team would work on once the service network was growing in mainnet while other groups worked on other services.

The vision 12 months later.

Georgem  decided that service nodes cannot exist without providing a service.  Georgem decided that the first service is going to be a block explorer.  Neither of these decisions were made in consultation with either the dev team or the community.  Indeed, this change of direction was made 9 months after taking over the project which wasted a large amount of the dev team's work.

My primary concerns.

In the last 12 months the only release from this project has been the pretty wallet with vanitygen.  Progress is too slow.  Statements about the project surviving problems in the past miss the point.  Good momentum is needed if support, financial and otherwise, is to grow.

Georgem refuses to work alongside other developers or to discuss progress or problems either publicly with the community or privately with the core dev team.  The continual failure to engage with anybody has lead to significant frustration among a number of people.  Not just me.

Several people on the core dev team have invested large amounts of time and money into public relations and business development in conjunction with georgem's timscales but each time new investment is attracted, the glacial pace of progress with the project and missed deadlines dowses any new interest. 

What I ask Georgem to consider.

Evaluate your skills.  If you don't have the right skills, bring people on board who do.  You have said before that you can't learn working with somebody else.  If this is true, are you really lead dev material?  You need to lead this project, not just code.  I believe you are failing at the moment.

Pause for a moment and consider the number of  experienced and successful experts in their fields who have been alienated from the team.  I'd like to hear your views on why you think this has happened.

Consider code reuse.  See my comment about learning from others.  Reusing code doesn't mean you are taking a shortcut or that you are copy and paste dev.  Code reuse when done properly is best practice. 

Reconsider your “no blank servicenodes” approach.  By developing the overlay network and block explorer at the same time I believe you are setting yourself up for a fall.  Do things in a modular way.  Not only is it a more versatile approach, it is easier to debug and usually more scalable.

Ask the community what the first service should be.  Discuss.  Engage.  Agree.  Stop treating Spreadcoin as your personal project.

Talk to people!  Stop disappearing for weeks on end, start telling people what is happening and start sticking to your promises.

Learn to love investors.  You can't talk about needing to pay your bills and then belittle investors in the same breath. The project needs investors and it needs you (and everybody else) to cater to their needs.

What do I think will happen next?

It's all down to Georgem actually proving that he either has the dev skills to deliver or the wider IT skills to manage the project and backfill skills gaps.  If neither of these things happen, then SPR is dead in the water.  I don't believe that the altcoin scene is going to be a growth area for long enough for Georgem to build a service network from first principles. 

Dozens of amazing opportunities have been missed.  I believe that Spreadcoin would have been a top ten coin without any compromise on decentralisation or code quality if various bits of advice had been followed.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing but significant and radical change is needed if this project is to succeed. 

Time to step up and become a leader Georgem.
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: