Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:22:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646811 times)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:35:50 AM

As discussed here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082909.msg13928020#msg13928020, charlatan Martin Armstrong failed with his bs forecast big time again. Real Estate in the US hit all-time high in September https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CSUSHPINSA. But don't show this link to his sheepies such as a licensed idiot @iamnotback. MA sold them numerous RE reports for several hundred apiece. 
Yea rei here in vancouver is sky high although because of the taxes on foreign buyers theres now a.dip... if ever the crash is coming it would be now since no chinese to buy everything up

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:50:31 PM

re: Jim Rickards: How to make a fortune before 2018

At 6:30 minute he predicted gold would rise $100 if Trump won.

Well I also predicted Trump would win and even wrote a detailed blog on why.

And I also wrote extensively about that gold had peaked at $1362 and would crash after the coming Trump victory, and head towards $1050 and probably a low of $850.

It is all in the Martin Armstrong thread.

Rickards is correct about the coming monetary reset, but he is wrong about gold in the near-term. Again everything  you need to know is in the Martin Armstrong thread.

Continue to ignore me at your peril. And that includes the Bitcoin killer altcoin I will soon be launching.

(Note I also predicted the recent rise of Bitcoin from mid $600s to high $700s. I also predicted the rise of silver from $20s to $48 and fall back to $20s back in 2010 many months before it happened. That was published on marketoracle.co.uk. I also predicted the fall of Bitcoin from the $700s to $300 and then the $150 low.)
iamnotback

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 03:44:22 PM

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/russia/erdogan-admits-he-is-engaging-in-war-against-syria/
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 05:49:47 PM

And I also wrote extensively about that gold had peaked at $1362 and would crash after the coming Trump victory, and head towards $1050 and probably a low of $850.

Rickards is correct about the coming monetary reset, but he is wrong about gold in the near-term. Again everything  you need to know is in the Martin Armstrong thread.

Continue to ignore me at your peril. And that includes the Bitcoin killer altcoin I will soon be launching.

(Note I also predicted the recent rise of Bitcoin from mid $600s to high $700s. I also predicted the rise of silver from $20s to $48 and fall back to $20s back in 2010 many months before it happened. That was published on marketoracle.co.uk. I also predicted the fall of Bitcoin from the $700s to $300 and then the $150 low.)
The last part didnt happen stop cherry picking dude... you predicted bitcoin back to single digits and i took you on the bet and you lost.. so now you change your timing for it to fall now? You were saying its dropping in jan
iamnotback

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 01:13:12 PM

Rickards is correct about the coming monetary reset, but he is wrong about gold in the near-term. Again everything  you need to know is in the Martin Armstrong thread.

The last part didnt happen stop cherry picking dude... you predicted bitcoin back to single digits and i took you on the bet and you lost.. so now you change your timing for it to fall now? You were saying its dropping in jan

I made all of those correct predictions.

After the correct prediction of the $150 bottom, I stated that I expected gold to go lower based on Armstrong's correct thesis (and it has) and I wondered whether Bitcoin would be correlated to gold given they both are private assets. I told everyone it might not be correlated.

That last hypothesis ended up not being true and the reason is because Bitcoin is on a technology adoption curve, not a private asset. Gold is a $5 trillion mcap, Bitcoin $12 billion.

Gold is driven by fear that the current fiat regime will collapse. So dollar (reserve currency) up, gold down. Until ~2018.

Bitcoin and crypto-currency is on a technology adoption curve. You can google that for what it looks like graphically.

Damn good record I have.

Now go cry in your retarded Millennials asshat with sloanf and the other retards who posted nonsense in this thread because they don't understand a damn thing.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 05:14:12 PM

After the correct prediction of the $150 bottom, I stated that I expected gold to go lower based on Armstrong's correct thesis (and it has) and I wondered whether Bitcoin would be correlated to gold given they both are private assets. I told everyone it might not be correlated.

That last hypothesis ended up not being true and the reason is because Bitcoin is on a technology adoption curve, not a private asset. Gold is a $5 trillion mcap, Bitcoin $12 billion.

Gold is driven by fear that the current fiat regime will collapse. So dollar (reserve currency) up, gold down. Until ~2018.

Bitcoin and crypto-currency is on a technology adoption curve. You can google that for what it looks like graphically.

Damn good record I have.

Now go cry in your retarded Millennials asshat with sloanf and the other retards who posted nonsense in this thread because they don't understand a damn thing.
I have been watchinf you post nonsense predictions for short term action like your friend ma and watched you failed as i have taken opposite side trades and profited.. keep em.coming your making me money as your thinking is inline with the rest of dumb money... anyways you predicted emphatically that btc would.be single digits now snd that was the one you were standing beside even as it kept going up... so where does it go now mr prophet?

Sorry as good as you are at analyzing security and game theory systems i cant take you seriously at much else because you cannot admit defeat.
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 06:23:02 PM

Damn good record I have.

I have been watchinf you post nonsense predictions for short term action like your friend ma and watched you failed as i have taken opposite side trades and profited.. keep em.coming your making me money as your thinking is inline with the rest of dumb money... anyways you predicted emphatically that btc would.be single digits now snd that was the one you were standing beside even as it kept going up... so where does it go now mr prophet?

Sorry as good as you are at analyzing security and game theory systems i cant take you seriously at much else because you cannot admit defeat.

Yeah I remember that one as well and had the same strategy. Nice

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
iamnotback

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 04:51:56 AM

Many (if not most) Western millennials are rapacious, vapid liars (to themselves).

They aren't even embarrassed by their consistent failure, because their entire culture is to blame everything on someone else.

In short, spoiled brats.

Non-millennials will wisely ignore them. Those two have gone back on Ignore.

Insults, twisting words and even lying about who started the argument is a lame attempt to steal more of my time.

I understand your lame Millennials ass has a difficult time accepting facts:

iCEBREAKER:

Sorry my precious dear millennial snowflake, but that's not how it works.   Grin

Lol.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 08:28:56 PM

Soon our trip to Central Europe ends with nary a sight of any Bitcoin sign, logo, etc.  Perhaps that will be easier to find tomorrow in Prague ("Slushland").

Gold all over the place, even some platinum (Vienna).

With the price rise in BTC, maybe I could sell a chunk for some gold taking advantage to BTC up and Au down.  I've got time to decide...

Millennials and Snowflakes sure seem to hard accepting Trump, LOL.  When Obama won, guys like me bitched for a day or so, no more, and no rioting.
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 10:01:53 PM

Not all of us millenials are special snowflakes  Cheesy
iamnotback

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 04:03:44 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2016, 04:18:56 AM by iamnotback

Not all of us millenials are special snowflakes  Cheesy

I did write "many if not most". My gosh I was on the phone with one last night who was an agent for Asiana airlines at SeaTac airport in Washington State. The new normal is that "we can't do" instead of "we can do" attitude.

That age demographic in the West seems to lack the original white culture of taking responsibility and a sense of honor and shame, respecting elders, etc..

I am not insinuating that they are (individually) evil (although collectively they could very likely end up an evil political force as Armstrong has been blogging about lately). Just clueless about the original culture of my grandparents.
iamnotback

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 04:11:57 AM

With the price rise in BTC, maybe I could sell a chunk for some gold taking advantage to BTC up and Au down.  I've got time to decide...

You know I urged everyone to make that trade before the USA national election when gold was still > $1300 and BTC was < $660. I precisely shouted just before the decline in gold and the liftoff of BTC. And reiterated it numerous times, even when the $750 seemed to be overhead resistance.

I still think it is a good trade to make for the next 1 - 2 years, if you execute it now (~$1200) before gold is back to $1050 or below and before BTC has broken out over $800. If BTC breaks out over $800, then an ATH is possible soon thereafter. Below $1050 and later into 2017 or so (perhaps as low as $850 but that isn't certain), I would think reacquiring some gold would be a good diversification.

We could see some serious overhead resistance for BTC at $800 and not get that move towards ATH until later in 2017. I don't know if we will move quickly now to ATH or meander with $800 as resistance.

Soon our trip to Central Europe ends with nary a sight of any Bitcoin sign, logo, etc.  Perhaps that will be easier to find tomorrow in Prague ("Slushland").

IMO, crypto-currency is not going to be big in retail, before it dominates online microtransaction commerce.

Thus I think you are looking in the wrong place to see the future of crypto-currency. Look at the (failed) Steemit experiment and improvements such as the altcoin I am working on, to see the future of crypto-currency.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 08:37:24 AM

I want to see a clever crypto-currency that would be popular, easy to use and have better anonymity than BTC.  If it's my money, it's
my damn business.

Naturally I will want to see how your experiment in crypto works out.  Good luck!  When the time comes, drop that bomb.

The key problem seems to be to be how you quietly convert the crypto to real-world goods.

I'll just keep getting gold as I get sufficient income.  Never sell it.  (Which of course means NEVER buying too much, possibly forcing a sale at a bad price of certain events break the wrong way)

By the way, anyone have any comments on how ITALY will vote on its referendum and any fallout?  I am not sure that if wee will easily find out much in Prague tomorrow and Monday.

Cheers to all of you where the sun goes down at 4:00 PM nowadays...
iamnotback

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 09:17:39 AM

The key problem seems to be to be how you quietly convert the crypto to real-world goods.

For example, you want to buy a ranch in Peru.

You pay the owner in crypto-currency anonymously, then you and the owner conduct a separate transaction in fiat for a much smaller amount.

So the visible portion of your wealth remains in fiat, but it is only an facade for the real financial transaction which occurred anonymously in crypto-currency.

The fly in this ointment is that ironclad anonymity against the national security agencies is very dubious. How can you control when the person you bought the ranch from screws up his anonymity and TPTB rubber hose him to force him to reveal the crypto-currency was obtained from you.

Instead I suggest a plausible different strategy. You treat your crypto-currency as ongoing anonymous investment. You move it around anonymously so it grows gains. From time-to-time, one of the companies you invested in, hires you and converts some crypto-currency to fiat to pay you. You use this fiat to buy real goods.

The above strategy can be used with the use of a tax haven that doesn't require you to report your crypto-currency holdings/gains, so that the above is not illegal.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 02:09:55 PM

For example, you want to buy a ranch in Peru.

You pay the owner in crypto-currency anonymously, then you and the owner conduct a separate transaction in fiat for a much smaller amount.

So the visible portion of your wealth remains in fiat, but it is only an facade for the real financial transaction which occurred anonymously in crypto-currency

The fly in this ointment is that ironclad anonymity against the national security agencies is very dubious. How can you control when the person you bought the ranch from screws up his anonymity and TPTB rubber hose him to force him to reveal the crypto-currency was obtained from you

Buying a ranch in the way you suggest to do it would instantly raise suspicions since the fiat amount you are going to pay for the ranch would be substantially below the average market price of similar ranches around there. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense. Further, why would the security agencies want to go after your seller if they could just go after you directly, especially when they see the discrepancy between what you actually paid and real prices?

I guess a ranch in Peru is not something you can easily hide under the mattress

Instead I suggest a plausible different strategy. You treat your crypto-currency as ongoing anonymous investment. You move it around anonymously so it grows gains. From time-to-time, one of the companies you invested in, hires you and converts some crypto-currency to fiat to pay you. You use this fiat to buy real goods

How is that essentially different from your ranch in Peru?

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 03:22:15 PM

I thought about this question awhile ago... critiques welcome

1. Create a business for say, home/auto rentals
2. Crowdfund to raise money for this business to start purchasing  assets
3. Accept anonymous money from "donors"
4. Purchase assets
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 04:48:41 PM

I thought about this question awhile ago... critiques welcome

1. Create a business for say, home/auto rentals
2. Crowdfund to raise money for this business to start purchasing  assets
3. Accept anonymous money from "donors"
4. Purchase assets

Are you 12? Or just never had more money then needed to be taxed?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
iamnotback

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 12:21:13 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2016, 01:47:42 AM by iamnotback

Buying a ranch in the way you suggest to do it would instantly raise suspicions since the fiat amount you are going to pay for the ranch would be substantially below the average market price of similar ranches around there.

Large ranches (1000+ hectares) especially in Third World countries tend to be very illiquid (your only buyers are the super wealthy but they don't want to invest in Third World banana republics) so prices paid can vary a lot when the seller is desperate, the neighboring land hasn't been sold for generations, and it is a common practice in Third World countries to declare the taxable value much lower than the price paid.

Instead I suggest a plausible different strategy. You treat your crypto-currency as ongoing anonymous investment. You move it around anonymously so it grows gains. From time-to-time, one of the companies you invested in, hires you and converts some crypto-currency to fiat to pay you. You use this fiat to buy real goods

How is that essentially different from your ranch in Peru?

Because the purchase of stock can be truly anonymous wherein:

1. The company directors aren't required to know who the stockholders are. Nevada, Wyoming and Delaware offer such.

2. The company directors might know they have deal with you to give you a job, but they don't know how much you personally invested. You just promised them to bring in a lot of investors if they hired you.

You might just instead convert a portion of your anonymous crypto-currency to fiat and purchase assets. If your tax residence doesn't tax you on capital gains, then you have nothing to report. The above strategy was to obfuscate the connection between how much crypto-currency you converted to fiat and which addresses were converted.

The point is that your private wealth far exceeds the real assets you need to legally own non-anonymously in your name. What the wealthy do is use a maze of tax shelters, such as in the Cook Islands to hide their wealth. But I think the crypto-currency approach is another layer of protection. Again locate your tax residence so that you aren't taxed on nor required to report capital gains.

I believe the coming world government (initially only for finance, e.g. IMF, World Bank, and SDRs) is going to try to put an end to tax residences where you don't have to report wealth. So that will render the above strategy illegal. Rothschilds is trying to subordinate all the millionaires so they can no longer escape from his control. That is why he is fomenting a liberalism political army of Millennials "99% versus the 1%". This is why he is coddling Wikileaks. This is why he elected Trump in the divisive way that he engineered with his control over the mass media.

There is no solution to that for millionaires. This is Revelation. It can't be stopped. Money is not the goal. Enjoy the challenge of making your mark on the world, and accept you will depart this earth and you can't bring your money with you. The outcome of your offspring is not the money you leave them, but rather the genetics, knowledge and skills you impart on them.
iamnotback

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 03:13:36 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2016, 03:44:19 AM by iamnotback

Please spread this message to the spoiled-brat Millennials

I know politics is not your interest. But you are smart enough to understand why "everything equal" is always horrific failure that leads to war and megadeath. Please read this quote and understand why you must stop teaching your friends and kids the bullshit about "the rich are evil and everything must be equal". The Ten Commandments tell us not to covet what our neighbor has (and that includes accusing every rich person of being corrupt when in fact many people get rich by hard work!). The "99% versus 1%" movement is Satan whoreship!

An economics professor at a local college made a statement that he had never failed a single student before, but had recently failed an entire class. That class had insisted that Obama’s socialism worked and that no one would be poor and no one would be rich, a great equalizer.

The professor then said, “OK, we will have an experiment in this class on Obama’s plan”.. All grades will be averaged and everyone will receive the same grade so no one will fail and no one will receive an A…. (substituting grades for dollars – something closer to home and more readily understood by all).

After the first test, the grades were averaged and everyone got a B. The students who studied hard were upset and the students who studied little were happy. As the second test rolled around, the students who studied little had studied even less and the ones who studied hard decided they wanted a free ride too so they studied little.

The second test average was a D! No one was happy. When the 3rd test rolled around, the average was an F.

As the tests proceeded, the scores never increased as bickering, blame and name-calling all resulted in hard feelings and no one would study for the benefit of anyone else.

To their great surprise, ALL FAILED and the professor told them that socialism would also ultimately fail because when the reward is great, the effort to succeed is great, but when government takes all the reward away, no one will try or want to succeed. Could not be any simpler than that.

I had a conversation in a hotel with someone who was very much a believer in man created global warming. I began to notice a pattern to their thinking. When you test anything, you must see how it is connected to other reasoning. What emerged was a fundamental belief that government is good and there to take care of you until you die. This notion appears to be linked to those who just want to be taken care of, but not to the point that they are on welfare. They will pretend to be independent thinking individuals, but there is a core surrender of independence because they do not want to think no one is in charge. They voted for Hillary as well, and this all seems linked to this desire not to be responsible for the future in a subtle way. Perhaps it is linked to childhood when you did not have to work or cook. They just took care of you. It seems that those who believe in global warming are more likely to trust government. What happens when they wake up and discover nothing is as they thought it would be?

I am becoming deeply concerned that the United States is headed into its version of a communist revolution under the label “progressive” and the bankers, who Larry Summers has always supported, will be used as the scapegoat for Wall Street and the “rich” who have to be stripped of their liberty and their money for the “good of the people” as they always say. The United States does not look like it will be a country we can recognize by 2032 if we can even make it past 2024. The United States will most likely break apart by 2036. There are separatist movements rising in many areas from Vermont and Texas to California, who reasons they voted for Hillary not Trump justifying their departure.

The entire purpose of eliminating cash is to strip us of our assets, liberty, and to prevent bank runs. The youth, who have been brainwashed by Bernie Sanders and people like Elizabeth Warren, will turn against the older generation and enslave them if at all possible. This threatens our future with outright civil war. They will not be satisfied until they destroy the freedom of their opposition. It is starting to appear that 2036 is our date with destiny.

I saw NBA legend Kevin Garnett using the term "not progressive enough" on national TV in his condemnation of coaching great Phil Jackson (when Jackson referred to Lebron's "posse").
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 10:59:31 AM

Buying a ranch in the way you suggest to do it would instantly raise suspicions since the fiat amount you are going to pay for the ranch would be substantially below the average market price of similar ranches around there.

Large ranches (1000+ hectares) especially in Third World countries tend to be very illiquid (your only buyers are the super wealthy but they don't want to invest in Third World banana republics) so prices paid can vary a lot when the seller is desperate, the neighboring land hasn't been sold for generations, and it is a common practice in Third World countries to declare the taxable value much lower than the price paid.

Even if we completely neglect the question why you would want to buy a ranch there, I still strongly suspect that it would be far better to spend some time and sell your Bitcoin stash in small portions for fiat (and withdraw money later as cash) without attracting a lot of attention from sniffing agencies, and then buy that wretched ranch directly with cash. If you buy it with bitcoins today, how can you be sure that the former owner won't run tomorrow to convert all these bitcoins at once to fiat, totally betraying himself?

And then he gets caught and points his finger at you

Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: