Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:57:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646807 times)
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:25:25 PM

from our favorite birdie

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/precious-metals/gold/gold-civil-unrest-war/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/precious-metals/gold/how-does-gold-respond-with-war-for-real-why-it-should-be-part-of-a-portfolio/

As the short dollar vortex drives a stampede of international capital flows into the dollar likely 2018ish, gold will continue to rally in Euros but decline to make a double-bottom at $1050 (or lower). When the short dollar vortex peaks and the USA falls over the cliff, then gold might rally in USD but the problem is that will be the time for a monetary reset and such intense totalitarianism capital controls that gold will be essentially useless and illiquid. If we instead went all the way into Mad Max wherein TPTB lose control, then only food is liquid money. Either way, those buying gold and expect outsized gains relative to USD, are likely to be very disappointed relative to Bitcoin which is likely to exceed $50,000. Gold might be priced at $5000 then, but only for those who are compliant with capital controls, which means all of you will be selling it in black markets at 50% discount thus only $2500 (or perhaps even less if TPTB have very good control over black markets which they should in this new electronic age where paper cash will be phased out). I warned you all about this 7 years ago (and repeated it incessantly since), but you tinfoil hats never listen. The perceived surety of gold is an illusion designed to teach those who refuse to understand the Proverbs in the Bible, which instruct you to never rely on surety, and the parable of the talents where the Lord punishes those who bury the talents in the ground, where the Bible says plant a whole acre not invest only for yourself, and finally where the Bible says in numerous places that your wealth will grow wings and fly away.

Warren Buffet has explained in great detail why only idiots stack a lot of gold.

Regarding the exchanges, my Bitnet project is going to solve that problem.

Quote from: sloanf on June 02, 2017, 01:06:50 PM
Martin The Charlatan Armstrong flip-flops again. Just a couple of weeks ago he, in desperation to sell his empty conference, wrote about a big correction in the dow till 2018 (which was in turn another flip-flop from yet another flip-flop etc). Now as everyone sees his usual failure he says the Dow will go up. If you thought he could not fall any lower, guess what? He now openly tells you that he does his bs forecasts by drawing lines on a chart. Whatever happened to his non-existing supercomputer, AI crap and capital flow model which collects data from all over the world in real-time mode?

Again, Martin Armstrong is just an uneducated con artist, bullshitter and a cheap salesman, completely ignorant, delusional and broke. Anyone here still buy his supercomputer-ECM-AI-Socrates-etc bs?

@r0ach lies because he does not have a paid account and thus is not aware of Armstrong's reasoning reserved for paid subscribers. Armstrong is pointing out the possibilities, and @roach is conflating short-term possibilities with long-term predictions. Armstrong has not been incorrect on the long-term themes. Some idiots will cherry pick words out-of-context to try to mislead readers on Armstrong's past performance, but that is what idiots do and idiot readers believe. The majority must always be wrong and @r0ach has been getting progressively poorer ever since he doubled-down on stupid to defend his pride as he sold most all of his crypto when BTC was $700 and bought the worst possible investment of silver. Hahaha. What a fool.

Quote from: r0ach on June 02, 2017, 08:07:44 PM
Just like he will soon flip flop on metals and his claims gold is going "below $1000" LOL:

Quote from: r0ach on June 02, 2017, 08:00:55 PM
Have no fear, the wedge on real money (silver) is about to break upwards.  The banks naked short metals down to barely above cost of production, but it's already so close to cost of production it doesn't really have anywhere to go but up:

Of course, anything is possible and they could naked short it some more just for the hell of it, but it would create scarcity from going below cost of production and fuel an even larger rise.  So it's a good medium/long term hold no matter what they do.

A symmetric wedge is usually a continuation pattern. Silver will likely break down out of that wedge and deservingly embarrass the fuck out of @r0ach and impoverishing him.

Armstrong has not ever flipped on the $1050 (or below) theme. He has stated to paid subscribers that gold is in a deadcat bounce and we still are awaiting the blast off of the strong dollar vortex. He has stated that although it is possible that gold is preparing to liftoff but it would have to exceed $1363 on a monthly closing basis to eliminate the $1050 scenario, and to paid subscribers he has clarified that the most likely outcome is still that gold will do a slingshot with a decline first to fake everyone out and because of the strong dollar vortex stampede likely coming.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 10:02:16 PM

To re-iterate my own position, I am in BTC as a speculation, and all else I hold is for capital preservation (or with luck, growth).

Gold is an important part of my holdings, and likely always will be.

Yet I respect what Armstrong writes.  If gold does go way down (soon-ish), no problem. It WILL go up big as .gov starts its fits of hyper-control and eventual failure.

That little birdie is one sharp observer.  May he grace us someday in freedom...
Risk Mgmt

Activity: 158
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:08:42 PM

To OROBTC

Recent wave of attacks- is going to draw EU (Germany) into invading North Africa / Egypt
Another Syria like situation.

EU really starting to dislike US -- new friction there.
From History - Germans likely have not forgotten all the restrictions it was under after WWII
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:25:43 PM

To OROBTC

Recent wave of attacks- is going to draw EU (Germany) into invading North Africa / Egypt

From History - Germans likely have not forgotten all the restrictions it was under after WWII

The target should be libya not egypt because that is the hotspot for refugees to europe and additionaly they have huge oil reserves.

Libya wont be a second syria because russia has no means to project their military assets there.

Depending on the future EU/US relationship (how bad will it really go?) we will see EU go nearer to Asia (china,india, asean etc) while still holding the pressure against russia. (I dont see a european/russia friendship in the short term and that automatically means russia is the only "enemy")

Btw i somehow cant see a strong EU without a strong leadership of germany or atleast a french-german leadership. Eastern europe doesnt care much about the EU besides their payment and western europe trying to live the everyone is equal dream which does not work when half of your members are just interested in Euros.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:41:17 PM

To OROBTC

Germany...  Well, I do not know the country very well (only been three times for short visits), but they seem to be pacifists (and wimps, look at the way they do not deliver justice to "Rapefugees"), and I have heard (but don't know) that their armed forces are, um, crap...

But they ARE the most powerful country in Europe, and they (Germany and the EU) ARE getting irked with the USA (which I do not lose sleep over -- yet).  Should Germany decide to cozy up to Russia, that would be worrisome.

Still, I think it is unlikely that Germany will ever invade the Middle East.  Their politicians and generals can learn from our experience what a a terrible decision that would likely be.

Still, it's an interesting idea of yours, we'll have to keep a eye on Germany.  Again.
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 12:09:03 AM

So white or brown (whats the color of mexicans or south americans?) rapist are fine orobtc?

Last time i checked the land of the free has 3x the amount of rape germany has per 100.000 people (2016).
So please deliver justice in the USA first before you talk about other nations based on wrong information.
I think you read too much breitbart and watch too much fox news  Undecided

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Risk Mgmt

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:15:50 AM

OROBTC

Egypt will have to be tagged along and they will likely suffer great deal
Because EU will have to find a friendly camp - think of Afghan / Pakisan

You need a base in and out of target for logistics

Which won't please Egyptians seeing their Govt give support to EU.

When we say EU - we should really ask which member is most powerful leading the way
And to me it's Germany in disguise of EU... federalization.  Also rise in anti-immigration can give rise to new personality.

Sad to say US / UK no longer relevant now.

Risk Mgmt

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:18:18 AM

So white or brown (whats the color of mexicans or south americans?) rapist are fine orobtc?

Last time i checked the land of the free has 3x the amount of rape germany has per 100.000 people (2016).
So please deliver justice in the USA first before you talk about other nations based on wrong information.

CRIPTIX
Are you bychance familiar with works of Adam Smith / Ibn Khaldun - on cycles etc
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:39:01 AM

I think you read too much breitbart and watch too much fox news  Undecided

Actually I am very much in favor of throwing out illegal MS-13 ("Mara Salvatrucha") members from the USA.  If they:

1) are here illegally and

2) have committed any felony,

well that's TWO crimes.  Throw them out.  If they come back, put them in jail for five years and throw them out again.

MS-13 is probably America's most dangerous and violent mafia, they are into HUMAN SMUGGLING (that would include sexual slavery) among much other sleaze, including rape (though I do not have the figures at hand).

We agree: justice should be delivered whether in the USA or other democracies like Germany.

Here's a handy reference for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-13

criptix
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:01:28 AM

I think you read too much breitbart and watch too much fox news  Undecided

Actually I am very much in favor of throwing out illegal MS-13 ("Mara Salvatrucha") members from the USA.  If they:

1) are here illegally and

2) have committed any felony,

well that's TWO crimes.  Throw them out.  If they come back, put them in jail for five years and throw them out again.

MS-13 is probably America's most dangerous and violent mafia, they are into HUMAN SMUGGLING (that would include sexual slavery) among much other sleaze, including rape (though I do not have the figures at hand).

We agree: justice should be delivered whether in the USA or other democracies like Germany.

Here's a handy reference for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-13

I too agree with you about what you wrote.
Criminals should be deported as fast as possible. We neither need or want them.

It is just that it looks for me that in the last few years the border between criminal and non criminal refugees/immigrants is vanishing.

Like there is no difference and there are just "rapefugees".

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:05:03 AM

CRIPTIX
Are you bychance familiar with works of Adam Smith / Ibn Khaldun - on cycles etc

I read adam smith but not specially regarding cycles.
I dont know who Ibn Khaldun is.

Economics is just a hobby of mine im not an expert Smiley
Do you have something interesting to read regarding this two persons?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 06:04:37 AM

The Middle East is a snake pit, a den of vipers far worse than what Trump has found in Washington.

We were just discussing this.... now news breaks, post Trump visit and straight after another London attack, that the Gulf States + Saudi have cut off ties with Qatar.

Is this the Saudi's offering up Trump a scapegoat for terrorism funding? Is it due to Qatar's supposed alliance with Iran or Turkey?

Here is WaPo's take - due to comments of Emir

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/06/01/whats-going-on-with-qatar/?utm_term=.a501f18eaa84

It's also on the back of UAE ambassadors emails being hacked, showing working relationship with pro Israeli think tank.
Risk Mgmt

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:24:11 AM

See here: https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/history/europes-economic-history/taxes-disasters-always-repeat/

I found this above Important
US is one Natural Shock away from total irrelevancy.

Now one may say it's applicable to any nation- I say it's more applicable to US simply due to its importance on world stage / its support aid to others etc .

One natural shock and it's going to be tough.

How bitcoin react --- ??
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:34:44 PM

On occasion, mighty financial blog zerohedge.com publishes an Armstrong piece.  They just did right now!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-05/martin-armstrong-asks-trump-becoming-more-popular-europe-america

[DO check out the picture of the lovely Tuvana Türkay, a Turkish actress, click bait!]

TRUMP may be more popular in Europe (and America) than the Clinton News Network (and similar MSM wankers) want to admit.

@ Risk Mgmt, we will just have to wait and see how things turn out.  Last I saw at ounce.me, BTC price is now $2613.  Gold at $1283.

Yes, things do seem to be spinning out of control. 

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:18:59 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 06:35:24 AM by r0ach

Quote from: anonymint
and now we have sound money with blockchains, so goodbye gold/silver.

This will be the dumbest comment you ever make in your life.  Bitcoin is nothing more than a linked list with a get rich quick ponzi scheme built on top of it via halvings.  Calling that sound money is a real knee slapper.  If any random fool can create a linked list with a get rich quick scheme built on top of it in their basement, how is it "sound money"?  It's not.  

The whole thing is a giant rough consensus attack with no Schelling point.  It is NOT solved by "network effect" either due to bitcoin inherently being a highly scalability constrained system from being multiple redundancy and storing everything forever.  Fees will skyrocket and people will move to the next thing rather than face extreme usury.  If everything goes off-chain instead to try and mitigate the fees, it would be no different from the current US dollar.  Yea, you can try and drop the blockchain to lower redundancy and increase scalability like Fuserleer is doing with Emunie, but then it becomes even less sound money (or scale via partial order instead of total order and blackswan the system to death).

This is not like the Cambrian explosion of evolution where a lot of new things appear then it drops off.  People will continuously create hundreds of these things every year to try and scam money from people as long as there's profit in it until the whole system just dilutes to nothingness and collapses.  There will be a million digital scamcoins but still only one gold and silver.  The alternative would be the state forcing draconian legislation on creation of cryptocurrency + running mining pools, etc, but at that point it will be a completely centralized "government coin" with no purpose to exist in the first place.  In the end, most people working on cryptocurrency are just doing free labor R&D for the US govt and international banking cartel.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:01:46 AM

r0ach I dislike your profile picture having an innate dislike of cockroaches in general. I dislike your signature finding it disrespectful to a people and faith I hold in high esteem and I am unclear why you are so active in a bitcoin forum given your feelings on bitcoin.

That said I am going to try and help you by highlighting where I feel you are grossly mistaken. I believe your current paradigm if unadjusted will lead you to loss of economic opportunity. Like many detractors of bitcoin you focus on the speculative delivery vehicle (get rich quick mentality) and the ease of launching alt-coins. Both of these may be currently important in terms of price and adoption but are ultimately irrelevant in regards to long term value.

The long term value of bitcoin is the consensus network that remains after the mining rewards decline into insignificance. The quotes below highlight this logic. I recommend reading them including the linked Scientific American article on group selection.

What is Bitcoin

Bitcoin is an overarching consensus system organized around the concept of sound money. Those voluntarily participating in this consensus are required to behave transparently and do work with the ultimate aim of ensuring all network participants abide by the greater consensus. Nodes who choose not to follow the protocol, miners who submit invalid proof of work, and users who try to spend bitcoins without verified private keys, are simply ignored and excluded by the greater consensus.

Bitcoin is a form of group selection and group selection entails that group behavior be referenced to something outside the group. This something outside is the concept groups cohere and organize around. It is what they cooperate to promote. In the case of bitcoin the referenced object is the conceptual idea of a sound and ideal money.

People who believe bitcoin has no long term future are unlikely to participate in the system in any sustained manner. If you believe bitcoin is just a scam you may participate in the periphery trying to make money but logic will dictate you constantly keep one foot in the doorway. You will hesitate at being involved in anything but the most superficial manner.  

Probably you will choose not to invest at all but if you do then you are likely to cash out of the system at some point choosing to take your profits and leave the "tulip bubble" you have no confidence in. In this manner those who do not appreciate the underlying consensus mechanism will be diluted and replaced over time by those more interested in long term cooperation and building value.

It helps to understand what group selection is. Here is a basic introduction:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/whats-good-for-the-group/

What you say doesn't contradict what I'm saying.  You may claim that there is a hard core of "true believers" which ARE indeed a community.  Most probably, yes, there is probably a hard core community of true believers.  However, the questions are:
1) how much of the ecosystem do they make up at any given moment in time
2) what influence can they have on the ecosystem ?

The way bitcoin is designed to be, turns around antagonism: we all want to possess coins, and if you possess a coin, I don't and vice versa, which makes us de facto antagonists ; there is competition in proof of work mining and the gains that go with it ; and deep down, it turns around speculation (which is a zero sum game).   There's nothing in bitcoin that is designed to be cooperative, apart from having to stick to the consensus protocol for reasons of greater loss if you don't.

1) How large is the community of "true believers"?

This is unknown but I suspect the "true believers" control a huge percentage of the bitcoins and this is a good thing.

Bitcoin came on the scene as the obscure technical pet project of idealists, anarchist, open source advocates and libertarians who wanted to improve the world and reform the status quo.

These "true believers" will over time take on an altruistic role to stabilize and maintain the system. If you read my link on group selection above they are the functional equivalent of the fluorescens that maintain the polymer.

2) What influence will these true believers have on the ecosystem?

They will have an ever growing influence because true believers form a large percentage now and they stick around while those who erroneously think this is a zero-sum game are unlikely to enter or will come and go.

Yes there is competition and speculation. These fuel interests and motivate people to enter and explore the ecosystem but they are ultimately secondary. Competition of this kind fuels growth but as bitcoin block rewards dwindle to zero and knowledge of bitcoin becomes increasingly common these speculative opportunities fade unmasking the ever growing network of cooperative win-win interactions that represent the long term value of bitcoin.

Bitcoin is a self reinforcing consensus mechanism that ultimately screens for cooperation. There is a necessity for a degree altruism that is built in. This is most easily seen when looking at nodes. There is no financial incentive for any individual to run a node yet there are thousands of them despite that fact that pure economic self-interest would dictate free riding on someone else's node. The bitcoin consensus system is cleverly piggybacked on a delivery vector of speculation leveraging human greed to attract broad interest while selectively retaining those most interested in long term cooperation.

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:29:50 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 07:40:45 AM by r0ach

I dislike your signature finding it disrespectful to a people and faith I hold in high esteem

It's not my fault there's a big mass of brainwashed people who want to be shabbos goy cuckolds to the jews even though almost every single one of their actions through history is hell bent on undermining or usury enslaving civilizations that aren't their own.  Jews are basically enemy combatants in a war on humanity.  They always form a state within a state to the detriment of their host country in other words, and this is why they are always expelled (over 100 times and counting now).  

They're roughly the same as having termites get into your house.  They're conmen who play the victim while being the aggressor, usually a strategy reserved for demented females, but used constantly by jews.  You can now stop with your condescending attitude because any shabbos goy cuckold shilling for their own enslavement and destruction is far lower on the totem pole than I am.  I'll be having none of that.  This is Sparta.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:29:40 PM

I dislike your signature finding it disrespectful to a people and faith I hold in high esteem

It's not my fault there's a big mass of brainwashed people who want to be shabbos goy cuckolds to the jews even though almost every single one of their actions through history is hell bent on undermining or usury enslaving civilizations that aren't their own.  Jews are basically enemy combatants in a war on humanity.  They always form a state within a state to the detriment of their host country in other words, and this is why they are always expelled (over 100 times and counting now).  

They're roughly the same as having termites get into your house.  They're conmen who play the victim while being the aggressor, usually a strategy reserved for demented females, but used constantly by jews.  You can now stop with your condescending attitude because any shabbos goy cuckold shilling for their own enslavement and destruction is far lower on the totem pole than I am.  I'll be having none of that.  This is Sparta.
Guys like you always lose. You will spend your life fruitless i know people like you. Stuck in their ways cant see the market. Dont try to make the market do what you want do what the market wants. Gold is hopeless.. it was left behind for a reason. Commodities are headed back to utility value and under that to test miner resolve. After that we will see black swan which will send it to some nice lows. Then we will see.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:43:41 PM

Guys like you always lose. You will spend your life fruitless i know people like you. Stuck in their ways cant see the market. Dont try to make the market do what you want do what the market wants. Gold is hopeless.. it was left behind for a reason. Commodities are headed back to utility value and under that to test miner resolve. After that we will see black swan which will send it to some nice lows. Then we will see.

What a load of shit.  A "black swan" to send metals to "nice lows" HAHA.  The only black swan capable of doing anything to metals is a black hole swallowing the earth.  Meanwhile, there's about 1 million black swans that can destroy bitcoin.  So many liars in this thread claiming bitcoin is a more sound monetary system.  Anonymint has also jumped on the lying bandwagon where he used to parrot Armstrong's claim that the purpose of metals are "a hedge against government", then he started claiming cryptocurrency is better than metals except cryptocurrency provides no hedge against government whatsoever.  Cryptocurrency is a massive counter party risk to government.  You're using the governments infrastructure to even use it for fucks sake.  So by his own definition there is no purpose to cryptocurrency.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
the_end_is_near

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:49:48 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 10:32:06 PM by the_end_is_near

@r0ach, fungible money is the problem. Collaboration via forced consensus is the solution. Solving the defect-defect problem is the paramount issue. Gold and silver have nothing to offer.

Hopefully @CoinCube will post my last private rebuttal to @dinofelis, and I am banned, so do not expect this comment to stay here very long.

Goodbye, I will see you on the Bitnet side if you are smart.

Government is going away. Networks never will go away again. Your conceptualization is all wrong.

The Luddites (those who refuse to accept that technology changes everything) are always the losers.

@r0ach why don’t you go join the Amish? But they do not use gold and silver.

Quote from: anonymous
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6f5wjt/august_1st_is_bitcoinindependenceday_make_sure/diggr88/?st=j3mdn09c&sh=2f34786a

Lukejr (bitcoin dev) seems to want to create an altcoin but calls Litecoin a scam.  Quite humorous if you ask me.  Proves how fragile the state of Bitcoin truly is.

Ignore the drama. Bitcoin is not likely going away any time soon. (Orthogonal to selling high and buying low, and buying altcoins which actually introduce something very new such as when I advised to buy Byteball at $1 million mcap because the consensus algorithm introduced something important and new, although Byteball has serious other flaws it has not stopped it from being an excellent speculation during a bullish BTC market phase)

Bitcoin will likely spawn important ecosystem effects (i.e. was Napster representative of the final outcome of P2P networks and decentralized file sharing?), some of which may correct flaws and expand on what decentralized consensus is really for (which is not mainly fungible money, but rather fixing the defect-defect problem of civilization and hopefully eliminating the winner-take-all power vacuum if the ecosystem figures out how to do this).

The silver of Litecoin is that it can apparently be modified more easily, as it is apparently more controlled by Bitmain. Good or bad, it is what it is. (In 2013, LTC reached 0.05 before BTC crashed. Might happen again, might not.)

@sidhujag, the black swan is not very black. We know it is the dollar short vortex stampede as the EU goes into cardiac arrest. That will only be a dead-cat bounce for the USA though. The Western governments+socialism are a clusterfucked morass that will destroy itself in an accelerating rate with the EU going over the cliff first 2018 or 2019ish (and the USA+US dollar+US equities will be a deadcat bounce beneficiary and then the USA follows into absolute political chaos by 2022ish and then actual chaos in the streets 2024 forward and by 2032 - 2040 the USA will wither away in the height of coming mini Ice age which is confirmed by scientists). The intelligence and technology of the West can not overcome the defect-defect organization of society at the winner-take-all devolution end game stage. And China’s demographic problem is not as catastrophic as it is feared to be, because they and Japan have billions of people in their economic region which they will migrate to, cultivate, and invest in. It is the common cultural values that most all Asians actually believe in hard work, family, death penalty for drugs, etc... all those core values of a productive, coherent civilization we lost in the decadent West. So Asia can coalesce in one economic region with no significant demographic weakness, unlike the USA and Europe whose immigration has lost the cohesiveness of a common language and set of core, productive values. Note there are laggards in Asia, but the leading productive societies in Asia can cherry pick migrants and thus the laggards will either get their heads out of their asses or wallow in squalor (socialism will not be coming to their rescue any time too soon ... socialism is what destroyed the West). That the white Asians are forced by economics and demographics to cherry pick integrate with the brown Asians is another factor that will drive the economic engine of the region and counter-balance the historic xenophobia. In Singapore, I saw Indian workers all over. I know more and more educated filipinas are in China. I just hope we do not go into a Dark Age. The tinfoil hats would take us there if most productivity was buried in the ground as they do (which is an abomination in the Parable of the Talents), but hopefully the technologists will show us the way forward with decentralization technology.

Asia is already integrating at a rapid pace. It is more an indentured servant model, and that motivates the brown Asians to take on the culture of the white Asians to some degree. But you are correct that they do resist cultural adaption to a large extent and do backslide, but then they get sent home and replaced with a new set of indentured newbies. Very strict laws and discipline in the white Asian countries. For example in Hong Kong there are timers on cross walks and police standing there if you do not obey. It is perhaps not as potent as the model we had in the USA importing white Europeans who quickly assimilated to a very hard working culture, but the sheer size of the population of Asia is a greater economic force and economies-of-scale. Also Asians can build their own economies with their diverse cultures in addition to coalescing with the white Asians, which seems to fit well with the coming age of decentralization (which will also fit well with breakaway States such as probably Texas and perhaps Florida). But I do not see why those breakaway communities would choose gold or silver as money! They will of course choose blockchains because more efficient, less dangerous, more options for fitness, etc..

If you must stay in the USA, I suppose pick your State and community carefully. Probably Texas and Florida (and maybe S. Carolina?). Also the Midwest such as Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, but the coming Little Ice age makes those unattractive. I am not European so I can not comment with any insight on Europe other than what I read from Martin Armstrong and hear from other European friends. I suppose there will be breakaway State (countries?) in Europe as well. It is not clear to me if the UK has made clean break and sufficiently away from socialism to abate the clusterfuck. I would probably lean towards States more affiliated with Russia and not in the EU. I am not there on the ground so I do not know which States have low levels of socialism in Europe?

but it's still there somewhere and they can find it.

The government does not need to find it. They can stop you from selling it in liquid and safe markets. With all cash being electronic, they can shut off all reasonable black markets. Instead you will either bury it in the ground thus destroying all the capital it could have represented (impoverishing your future generations who inherit it), and/or when you do try to trade it at some ridiculously low trade value, you will also expose yourself to becoming a target of kidnapping, house break ins, ambush, and extortion. You simply can not trade gold without some people knowing that you did.

Tinfoil hats think the current gold dealers and trading options will remain or expand. They going to have a nasty reality check. And when totalitarianism and capital controls does abate after some decade(s), then the public is not going to want gold, because civilization will have so far advanced into the digital age. Really the epoch for tangible stores of value is ending. Those who cling to it are Luddite dinosaurs.

Also remember that the government will always steal the lowest hanging fruit first. So of course even though many people will stampede into gold as the governments collapse because it is historically known safe haven, it is the perfect way for the government to destroy the majority who do so. The minority will go into blockchains and will be too difficult and not cost effective for the government to confiscate en masse. Confiscating gold is very easy, just block all the on/off ramps and transport hubs (checkpoints). The majority is always wrong and always the greater fools.

I entirely believe gold is now entering its final days. Digital communication changed everything.

not forced consensus but voluntary consensus that is the solution where ever growing transparency ensures honest participation.

Without a force of consensus there is no convergence and you get defect-defect divergence.

You are referring to it being voluntary whether to participate in the consensus. Well it is also voluntary whether you live and vote in the USA or not, but many people would argue it is not really voluntary to live in the USA due to family obligations and other inertia. And not voting does not mean it is voluntary to disobey laws created by governments who are voted in.

I also think it is a mistake to group the USA and Europe together into "the west"

They both have the socialism and winner-take-all corrupt governance problem that will not resolved in any other way except collapse and disintegration.

Both must splinter into breakaway states in order to avoid a Dark Age.

and similarly to group Japan and China together into "Asia".

At the macro level both are major technological and investment drivers of Asia. Japan is bottoming on its economic collapse at about same time as China is finishing its correction in 2020 and then both will rise together along with S. Korea & Singapore leading Asia to be dominant in the world. India will also play a role. And China is massively investing in Africa as well.

That to me is the dominant theme, although of course there will be other sub-themes such as your Christianity focus as historically tried solution to defect-defect (which works but also leads into ideological decadence like any other mass delusions so, i.e. it makes a very fertile soil for Marxism, socialism, totalitarianism).

Culturally China is undergoing a transformation that will profoundly alter the country and set it on a path to future prosperity whereas Japan appears utterly locked into a medium term spiral of stagnation and decline.

See:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1373864.msg18308732#msg18308732

As usual and expected, I think you demonstrate aliasing error confirmation biases because of your infatuation with religion as a solution.

Christianity is one of many phenomenons going on in Asia. It is not the macro dominant theme as far as I can detect.

The dominant theme afaics (and I am here) in Asia is 1800s style capitalism.

Similarly I would argue USA is in the process of slowly decoupling from Europe.

USA and Europe both are gluttons on socialism. The USA is following Europe’s lead. When the USA economy collapses, then you will see how few Americans really have the independent anti-socialism culture of our ancestors. I suspect it is rather small minority.

It is easier for people to claim they are conservative when they are well fattened and have jobs. But when their skills are no longer needed, then we will see their true character when they beg the government to do something. And then fight and steal when hopelessness sets in.

Look at the churches. They are mostly all corrupt. Most all took non-profit status with the IRS and there is a huge corruption issue there.

White people are in a massive defect-defect arrangement stealing as much as they can from each other before the debt machine breaks down.

After that, all hell breaks loose and we will see the true character of people.

Bitcoin shows us what can be achieved when a a small group chooses to voluntarily cohere around and promote an external ideal in a verifiable and transparent manner.

There are greater and more powerful ideals then that of sound money.

And it is not religion or any other such "solution" which operates by delusion and mind programming.

Decentralization technologies are what I am pursuing. I had my time to experiment with the religion delusion. Been there, done that.

EDIT: And CoinCube, I am not against the wisdom in the Bible on personal choice basis. What I am against is using ideological mind control as a weapon of mass destruction as the side-effect of employing as ephemeral defection prevention paradigm. I see you expecting that Christianity will sweep over China and cause a glorious transformation. But to me this is the sort of ideological conquest expectation that causes religion to be so dangerous. This morphs later into ideological conquest via other means such as socialism when the religion is unable to achieve absolute conquest (because the underlying motivation/desire/delusion for ideological perfection). I am so tired of snotty white people trying to "teach" others right and wrong, etc, when they can't even manage their own households. To all religion folk, keep it to yourselves on a personal (or even family clan or local community) basis as Jesus instructed in Matthew 6:5. Then we know your intentions are not overreaching. If I want to spread blockchain consensus, it is because it is an objective rational paradigm which has nothing to do with any particular ideology being forced on anyone. Only the consensus of ordering is forced by the blockchain. The blockchain is agnostic to what sorts of arrangements humans decide to encode on it.

EDIT#2: Of course, I want to help the world become one where diversity and maximum divison-of-labor can prosper. So that the world can become more interesting. That is congruent with the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics as well, which is the trend to maximum uncertainty. Defection is only a problem when we require group coherence, e.g. for reproduction for example. But as we increase the degrees-of-freedom, we need less absolute total ordering of coherence. The paradigms are changing. We may not even need our bodies to reproduce when we become digital. When we think about how we relate to each other, are we able to truly accept and appreciate our differences? Jesus was I think very far along in terms of that. I think the scripture someone quoted for me Luke 9:51-62 he is saying that all these worldly things do not need to get in the way of aligning our heart with the basic principles of goodness in the Bible, i.e. do not covet, do not steal, do not idol, do not be selfish, basically respect the maximum diversity and support it within the limitations of the world in which we live in. But that world is changing. The degrees-of-freedom are probably increasing. I do not understand all of this yet. I need to think about this when I am well rested. I enjoy this philosophical stuff, but right now is not the right time for me to really dig deep on it. I think this is why I do not like organized religion. It stomps on diversity. I think I should have emphasized that blockchains may be trying to increase diversity of coordination more than they are increasing control against defection. They are increasing degrees-of-freedom and reducing the amount of total ordering consensus we require in order to interop in civilization. Instead of this monolith of governance+legal tender, we can flatten the structure to just a total ordering and let the diversity of partial orders proliferate within that less confining structure. I will have more to say about this when I am well.

EDIT#3:

nothing inherently evil about polygamy provided it was voluntary with lifelong marriage if possible

It depends what we mean by voluntary. If we make everything voluntary for female, her instincts are to defect.

Women need structure because typically their priorities are short-term and localized (i.e. selfish and myopic). Women are not interested in building anything multi-generational such a group selection.

Weak men do not need anything, but to be allowed to destroy themselves.

Strong men need to prevent the weak men from having any access to the gene pool.

In that way of competition, the weak men are filtered out and we end up with strong men and more competition.

Bottom line is strong men need to cultivate compliant women and fulfill their happiness/purpose.

Weak women and men enter the defect-defect pool and mix their genetics. Hopefully strong men will devise a way to selectively extract the genetics without any of the other baggage.

Technology is radically changing the world and making organized religion unnecessary.

We needed governance and State religion when strong men depended on physical compliance of a preponderance of men for warfare. Warfare is now technological and soon digital. Thus we can simply ignore the weak men and women. We no longer need to organize and control them.

This will create new opportunities for designer cultures.

Women have myopia. Fulfill it is all that is necessary in order to maintain reproduction. Maybe eventually we will not even need women for reproduction, but then I wonder what happens to love, honor, and cherish. So it is a strange concept if we can move all the way to digital. But I suspect we can create virtual games that are analogous. In fact, perhaps our reality is just a holographic virtual game.

This is area of research I want to dig deeper into later. Relativistic quantum theory and this book OROBTC sent me Information Mechanics.

I do not like a historic prescription as dogma. I would rather base in actual study in fact. I am very skeptical.

In the past, the most successful evolutionary strategy for an alpha male was to not marry, but rather to scattershot his sperm.

We needed top-down force in order to prevent every male from competing to be an alpha male, because society would collapse without someone raising the children.

As we move into the knowledge age with maximum division-of-labor overtaking the Theory of the Firm, because of better coordination in the transparency of the Inverse Commons (why do you think I am working on blockchains for maximizing degrees-of-freedom of transparent coordination and filtering of free-rider defectors aka rent-seeker parasites Coasian costs/barriers such as closed source centralized databases!), scattershot no longer is effective because of the amplification that knowledge will provide. Thus now alpha males also need to shift strategies into harems where they are responsible fathers. If alpha males throw their male offspring to the chaos of upbringing in the general society, their offspring will rarely attain the knowledge to be effective in competition in the gene pool. Because we are moving from a random dart throw on mating to a categorization of genes and informed selection.

Information theory is becoming paramount.

An alpha male could potentially devise a system wherein he has other males doing the raising, loving, and cherishing, but these males can not be random. He can no longer just scattershot and walk away and expect to be successful. Well I guess that is what religion was for, so he could insure there was an adequate pool of compliant men to take care of his offspring. But top-down State level control is no longer effective due to advancement of information technology. Diversity is proliferating. So just as the economies-of-scale of fungible money, fixed capital investment, usury, and the Theory of the Firm are dying, so is the economy-of-scale of scattershot sperm for the male. Sperm needs to now be directed with information.

Alpha males need a more efficient and information based delegation system for raising offspring. Essentially organized religion was the efficient way to delegate the alpha males corporation of family. But now that level of economy-of-scale will no longer be viable/competitive.

So alpha males will become more numerous, not less. But their strategies will become more informationally attuned.

Moralizers’ and ideologue’s perspective is far too moralistic and arbitrary. They need to look at it more factually and scientifically. They idolize women too much for example. Just look at it from the standpoint of maximizing group selection. We do need the alpha males.

The historic nation-state level scattershot alpha males are failing now. We are in a transition to the smaller economies-of-scale and more specialization, and the society is highly misdirected into weak activities because of the debt bubble (which is going to have a catastrophic implosion). The top-most of those historic alpha males will attempt to move to globalized scattershot, i.e. increase economies-of-scale to offset the loss of efficacy, but this is futile (as the Bible predicts). We are moving forward towards "the return of Jesus", which I think is just an information theory advancement.

Sorry if my stance is not as romantic and more based in trying to discern what will evolve as factual success in terms of reproduction, maximal production, and maximal effective reproduction.

Atheism is a religion. The problem is that it encourages defection to individual rationalizations yet provides no economic model to make that viable. Thus it only survives on debt socialism.

The economic model of Christianity is one of subjugating individual priorities for maximal production, cooperation, and non-destructive behavior. These principals and wisdom are fine. I think the key for me has been learning about how defecting from those principles actually destroys my individual multi-generational strategy. Then I do not need fear of a God to hold me accountable.

I think the fear is really about self-destruction. And isn't that what the Bible says. God does not decide to destroy us. We do it to ourselves.

My problem with religion is when people do not understand it rationally and get all wide-eyed. And also I do not like the notion that we have control others, such as control the weak men. Even the Bible speaks a lot about letting it work itself out naturally (delegating to God). Of course there is Romans as to what kind of strict governance we will get if we can not learn to not defect en masse.

I am trying to find the technological means to optimize. I do not like ideological dogma and winner-take-all top-down control of large-scale (eventually totalitarian) organized religion (this seems just like another form of governance which is why JAD is correct then you need a State religion).

Faith and Future

It is relevant to the conversation.

The universal strategy is that by supporting cooperation and the increase of the diversity of competition, we enrich our own experiences and increase our species fitness. This is why we reach out to our fellow man who is in need, because we appreciate that without each other then our existence is irrelevant.

But I do not conflate that with a need to top-down control all the outcomes or the need to have one strategy for everything. My goal is to reduce Coasian costs to enable better fitness.

Just because we have diversity does not mean our only strategy is to defect and destroy each other. When we realize that our own success hinges on the group success, then we are incentivized to support the group and not support those who defect in the sense of valuing mankind overall even though there can be a diversity of activities which are not all universal. The universal strategy only needs to cover the broad theme of valuing each other but does not have to dictate only one way of organization when in fact those different competitive strategies are not preventing any other group from attempting their own strategy. As long as there are no Coasian costs preventing the strategies from co-existing, then there is no conflict which requires one strategy necessarily defeat the other one.

With technological improvement to remove the Coasian costs then defectors can do much less damage thus we do not need to top-down control them. This removes that failure mode of a winner-take-all power vacuum.

Without a force of consensus there is no convergence and you get defect-defect divergence.

The "force of consensus" = Schelling point = gold and silver, of which there are only two, not 700 different cryptocurrencies with horrible distribution of which there will never be convergence on anything.  Cryptocurrency not only has no Schelling point, it has a...REVERSE Schelling point because you're incentivized to break off from bitcoin, buy a bunch of lower priced coins, then try to pump it higher (like Sidhujag).  Nature, "god", whoever, created a very small amount of noble metals so it's not really possible to do this with real money.

You are only focused on the scarcity of the fungible money supply but that it not the main use case of blockchains nor the important future direction of civilization. Blockchains are about maximizing degrees-of-freedom of transparent coordination while providing an objective means to bypass and filter out parasitic Coasian costs. It does not matter if we have 700 different blockchains as long as everyone can find the coordination they need on one of them.

However, society does tend to rally around a standard. The problem up to this point is that none of the blockchains have gotten all the technological and marketing details honed well enough to take the standard bearer tag. Bitcoin had first mover status and the widest liquidity for the monetary token, but it can not scale on chain (ever no matter what happens bcz linear block size increases do not solve exponential scaling and unlimited block size does not have consensus!) and it can not fulfill the more salient use cases of blockchains. Ethereum and others still have not gotten the details worked out. All blockchain consensus algorithms thus far are winner-take-all power vacuums, i.e. that have a long-term failure mode analogous to democracy, governance, and politics. Why do think I am working on Bitnet. Once a blockchain attains standard usage for example replacing all the centralized databased on the Internet, the other 700 altcoins will wither away. And then one monetary token will win. It is difficult to predict how Bitcoin will evolve in this scenario. So many factors at this point are in competition and we do not know how all this is going to play out exactly. I for example am still moving frustratingly too slow because of the antibiotics make me delirious and can't keep my eyes open for more than few hours a day (but at most only about 45 more days of these fucking meds and I may just quit early because my liver seems to be at limit of the toxicity it can tolerate although this risks a higher chance of return of the TB). So much in flux right now so I can not give you a more definitive rebuttal at this time. Just stay tuned and do not think that no one sees the opportunity. Of course the majority of the ecosystem will continue to just focus on taking speculator money with the easiest half-assed bullshit copycoin designs. More masternode PIVX, Decred, etc nonsense. But there are some who are determined to do something and who have declined very gracious, lucrative offers to cash out to speculators (ask @sidhujag).

IMO, you are misjudging the ecosystem far too early as if you had said P2P file transfer will always fail because Napster failed.

Bitcoin is important at least because it enables this ecosystem that will very likely eventually spawn the government killing, fiat killing, precious metals killing solutions. Whether it ends up being Bitcoin or not is not really relevant as Bitcoin will appreciate in either scenario. Bitcoin will at least remain the on/off ramp between fiat and any crypto currency for the time being. And any transition away from that will have an adequate period of development to be obvious to all those who are paying attention. Maybe Bitcoin will somehow figure out how to do everything off chain, but do note that I already explained that Side chains are fundamentally insecure and can not be fixed. And I explained that off chain transactions are fundamentally centralized thus moving away from the entire use case purpose of blockchains. The links to these detailed expositions are in my archives and are cited in my whitepaper.

Yea, you can try and drop the blockchain to lower redundancy and increase scalability like Fuserleer is doing with Emunie, but then it becomes even less sound money (or scale via partial order instead of total order and blackswan the system to death).

The majority has an incentive to reject any invalidate state, because otherwise the entire blockchain becomes a farce. Defection becomes impossible over the long-term and the blockchain is self-healing. I think it is possible to attain this without PoW and without PoS.

So it is just a matter of having a deterministic rule and paradigm for recovering against exceptions, but the devil is in the details of this because most such designs would get stuck in a defect-defect divergence scenario, e.g. if the network splits then PoW splits into two chains which if sustained for too long can possibly never be re-merged due to the vested interests in the double-spends and block rewards that would need to orphaned. But this is because the miners are vested. Now if you change who is vested and the majority of those who are vested are not complicit in double-spending, then the recovery and deterministic rule is dominant. This is the sort of revolutionary design work I am doing. Again the further details are even more interesting.

Then everyone has an incentive to provide this redundancy. This is one of key design decisions in Bitnet which enables unlimited scaling. The details though are IMO even more interesting.

I have not yet seen eMunie’s (renamed to RadixDLT) consensus algorithm specification but that he is planning a pegged currency indicates to me guaranteed failure. When analyzing USDT, I researched all the pegged designs (e.g. Bitshares, etc) worked out the theory of pegged currencies and realized they can never be viable over the long-term, no matter how you design them (I forgot where I wrote down that analysis). I notice the Scrypto JavaScript based language for apps, so I wonder if they are trying to copy my Lucid PL ideas. Any way, no problem. I wish someone else would fix the JavaScript ecosystem so I do not have to, but I do not think anyone else will or can any time soon, so thus I must do it.
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: