Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:59:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:59:56 PM

I think it is a great idea to start teaching kids about cryptocurrencies in general and bitcoin. However, it greatly depends on the age of the child. I would suggest first teaching kids on how to properly save money as well as spend it. This would have to be the main focus as these are the basics of how to properly use any type of money.  I do not think that primary school kids should be taught in cryptocurrencies, but high school kids - definately. Cryptocurrencies will turn to become the main transaction method one day, so why not get a head start?

It's complicated for children to know crypto currencies, they have to know the basic or what really the world is adopting now
so they can compare and be responsible when using bitcoin. They will eventually learn once they are matured enough because if
they understand they might make bitcoin as their passion.
Of course even though you explain it in detail and detail though, they will not understand about it, they will think that it will be very difficult to understand and very complicated, I've tried to explain bitcoin to my niece, and in fact he ignored it because it is difficult to understanding
Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:31:19 AM

I think it is a great idea to start teaching kids about cryptocurrencies in general and bitcoin. However, it greatly depends on the age of the child. I would suggest first teaching kids on how to properly save money as well as spend it. This would have to be the main focus as these are the basics of how to properly use any type of money.  I do not think that primary school kids should be taught in cryptocurrencies, but high school kids - definately. Cryptocurrencies will turn to become the main transaction method one day, so why not get a head start?

It's complicated for children to know crypto currencies, they have to know the basic or what really the world is adopting now
so they can compare and be responsible when using bitcoin. They will eventually learn once they are matured enough because if
And we all know that it is impossible to be understood by small children, they will not understand the basic foundation of bitcoin, they will not understand fluctuations, segwit, hard fork, etc, even it is difficult to understand by parents though. I thought maybe you could start saying that bitcoin is the same as other currencies, that's not a problem

No, small ones are also capable of getting this things. It is actually up to the way you explain this to them. They're very smart monkeys and their minds are open. If we explain well, they catch the fundamental idea very easily. This is my personal observation.
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:53:07 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?

I think the best way to educate children about bitcoin is by making a special game about bitcoin, or also a short video like an animated movie about bitcoin that can explain what bitcoin is and how to use it

Konthol Ngaceng

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:03:53 AM

I think this is the digital era, any easy information we get for example looking for information about bitcoin, I think the easiest way to teach the kids about bitcoin is to look for video or game related to bitcoin.
mundang

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:45:42 AM

What i do to teach my son about bitcoin is i downloaded a game on playstore that gives some amount of satoshi,and whenever he beat me on that game i will buy  his most requested toys. And it works,while hes growing i will explain what real bitcoin is. For now we enjoyed playing games.
Vinaa77

Activity: 1400
Merit: 319

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:20:43 AM

Teaches children about bitcoin can not directly formal explanation. We must teach according to their understanding. Perhaps an education that matches the parable of a game

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 06:41:35 AM

My opinion children need to learn on their own pace it kind of sucks to teach kid how to use BTC or another propaganda of life they have to learn on the very core of their own knowledge it always depends on different kind of child also.
Bowly88

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:21:38 AM

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

For me I do not required kids to know about bitcoins, they are just kids we shouldn't tell them what to do. They will probably know about it when they grow up because as what we know bitcoins is the future currency with that they can explore it by themselves in the future just like what heppened to us.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:45:05 PM

Influence your kids to play computer games , then when they are old enough like maybe 10 years old or 15, teach them the steps on how to earn bitcoins, it was like you let them play computer games so they will learn how to search , register etc..  i mean all the computer stuff's that u can do in the internet,   then sugar coat the words that your going to tell them, like you'l be earning alot of money in this bit-coin thing.. i think they will probably get interested in this quickly.

Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:05:58 PM

For me I do not required kids to know about bitcoins, they are just kids we shouldn't tell them what to do. They will probably know about it when they grow up because as what we know bitcoins is the future currency with that they can explore it by themselves in the future just like what heppened to us.

Indeed. Kids must spend their time playing some physical activities like we used to do when we're young.
Explaining the whole crypto currency will just complicate things for them. Maybe wait them to be mature enough and let them ask first, if they're really interested to learn, they will.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
sobsitesearch

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:10:06 PM

Indeed. Kids must spend their time playing some physical activities like we used to do when we're young.
Explaining the whole crypto currency will just complicate things for them. Maybe wait them to be mature enough and let them ask first, if they're really interested to learn, they will.
Thats it, kids at the young age was never ask how to earn money. The only things on their mind is to play and do what they want times come they will at the right age to be aware in crypto currency and other matters than its time to discuss to them what bitcoin is. Do not let kids work at the early age.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:29:47 AM

I think it is a great idea to start teaching kids about cryptocurrencies in general and bitcoin. However, it greatly depends on the age of the child. I would suggest first teaching kids on how to properly save money as well as spend it. This would have to be the main focus as these are the basics of how to properly use any type of money.  I do not think that primary school kids should be taught in cryptocurrencies, but high school kids - definately. Cryptocurrencies will turn to become the main transaction method one day, so why not get a head start?

And we all know that it is impossible to be understood by small children, they will not understand the basic foundation of bitcoin, they will not understand fluctuations, segwit, hard fork, etc, even it is difficult to understand by parents though. I thought maybe you could start saying that bitcoin is the same as other currencies, that's not a problem
Sanitough

Activity: 2842
Merit: 673

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:02:34 AM

It's been said many times that kids are not good for bitcoin or bitcoin not good for kids, whatsoever.
The point here is we cannot educate this kids because they are still minors and even though they know the basic but
where would they spend bitcoin, that is something we will be afraid of because it might be done on illegal activities.
Despacito

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:08:57 AM

Influence your kids to play computer games , then when they are old enough like maybe 10 years old or 15, teach them the steps on how to earn bitcoins, it was like you let them play computer games so they will learn how to search , register etc..  i mean all the computer stuff's that u can do in the internet,   then sugar coat the words that your going to tell them, like you'l be earning alot of money in this bit-coin thing.. i think they will probably get interested in this quickly.

If we really take this so serious, we can get help from professional educators and teachers. They can create a program for us to present bitcoin and its technology to the kids. This is something hard, and informing kids wrongly could reverse the situation in favor of bitcoin opposition.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:42:06 PM

Children need to be taught in the form of a game so that they are interested, and not bored. I do not think it's appropriate to do it 10 years ago. Perhaps soon the school will introduce such a science and children will not have to learn Smiley
Yeah you're correct. Game is one of the best technique for you to teach the children. Social interaction like group activity with the other people is also a way for the children to learn something. They can be also be interested to the bitcoin if you will have some game for them.
But sometimes it is not necessary applicable ,It is much easier to teach them by pointing or knowing what they like and slowly add some topics there and apply bitcoins or cryptocurrencies in between that is easy for them to understand and make this as their hobby.
Yes right but there will be government problem if we provide bitcoin knowledge to kids in nursery grade. In my opinon let them know just a single topics that what is crypto currencies which one currency is better introduce them a crypto currencies because crypto currencies knowledge would be allowed in schools there would be no issue with this by government.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:44:02 PM

I think it's better to let them learn what's they are being taught at school first. By the time they grow a little older or they start going to university it's no doubt that bitcoin will also become a part of their curriculum and studies so no need to teach them about bitcoin. Our kids I believe will be more bitcoin literate than we are.

Actually, that would be great to teach kids about bitcoin in primary school. So that they are provided a fiscal education during their childhood.
Yes, but we should allow from government first that we should teach bitcoin to kids in a primary school. If they didn't allow us then we have an alternative way. Teach in "Introduction to computer" in chapter of web. Like that way we can teach our country kids easily about bitcoin and other crypto currencies so yes it's is better way to teach them with legal actions.
Lecsor

Activity: 210

Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:19:16 PM

I think it's better to let them learn what's they are being taught at school first. By the time they grow a little older or they start going to university it's no doubt that bitcoin will also become a part of their curriculum and studies so no need to teach them about bitcoin. Our kids I believe will be more bitcoin literate than we are.

Actually, that would be great to teach kids about bitcoin in primary school. So that they are provided a fiscal education during their childhood.
Yes, but we should allow from government first that we should teach bitcoin to kids in a primary school. If they didn't allow us then we have an alternative way. Teach in "Introduction to computer" in chapter of web. Like that way we can teach our country kids easily about bitcoin and other crypto currencies so yes it's is better way to teach them with legal actions.
This problem must be solved at the governmental level, because I am doing it in one problem, this problem concerns exactly the teachers who will teach the cryptography of our children. After all, practically the Pedagogical staff is not ready for this.

╔══ // PumaPay //  Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol   // PumaPay // ══╗
╠════════════  Telegram ─── Bitcointalk ─── Bounty ─── Join Here   ════════════╣
A free blockchain protocol that makes crypto billing accessible to every business  ╝
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:36:26 PM

Many people have kids they teach them about bitcoin with the playing games because kids are playful but you can teach them personally or one by one to know how bitcoin really works. But you neef more patience brcause they did not understand easily.
DZU1410

Activity: 462

https://saturn.black

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:45:20 PM

There are games in which you can earn a few satoshi. You can download them to your child's smartphone and show that you can earn bitcoin by playing. And then tell you that bitcoin is a special kind of money

Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:29:18 PM

Thats it, kids at the young age was never ask how to earn money. The only things on their mind is to play and do what they want times come they will at the right age to be aware in crypto currency and other matters than its time to discuss to them what bitcoin is. Do not let kids work at the early age.
I don’t agree with you. These are the kids of 21st century. If they can operate tabs, smart phones, apps etc, they can also learn about bitcoins. Rather it’s good to teach them about saving money at the early age. In this way, they will not waste money. Bitcoins are not like traditional paper money, so for sure they are going to attract kids. In my opinion, at least we should talk to kids about bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: