Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:11:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your biggest problem with Bitcoin  (Read 135034 times)
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 01:13:54 PM

other problems associated with crypto currency is that its virtual, ie it cannot be seen or handled or exchanged physically, its just a virtual currency which can only be assumed and seen as a figure, basically a picture of numbers.

That's why it called crypto. You know being virtual is not a problem so at least it's safe from being robbed physically. The only downside here is, it can be access thru online only. No internet = RIP.
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 01:22:29 PM

Probably the long and exhausting confirmation time, I really sometimes need to wait for hours to get confirmations when there is a spam attack on the network... The volatility is part of the system so don't find it that annoying.

Just pay bigger fee. The more you pay, the less chance of delays you will have.

I've been frustrated with the full blocks and slow confirmation times too.  (Or even worse stuck transactions.)  I've been using larger fees, but I don't want the trend of "just pay a bigger fee" to continue.  Eventually it's not going to be any cheaper to use bitcoin that visa/mastercard.

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:26:34 PM

Probably the long and exhausting confirmation time, I really sometimes need to wait for hours to get confirmations when there is a spam attack on the network... The volatility is part of the system so don't find it that annoying.

I've been frustrated with the full blocks and slow confirmation times too.  (Or even worse stuck transactions.)  I've been using larger fees, but I don't want the trend of "just pay a bigger fee" to continue.  Eventually it's not going to be any cheaper to use bitcoin that visa/mastercard.

May I asked how much fees you are putting but still the confirmation is still slow?

I know at least x3 the standard fees will do the work but it's still effective today?
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 09:20:57 AM

The other other problems associated with crypto currency is that its virtual, ie it cannot be seen or handled or exchanged physically, its just a virtual currency which can only be assumed and seen as a figure, basically a picture of numbers.
But once bitcoin has established itself has one of the major forms of money exchanges online then maybe we could use them even in physical form. We can see more progress with bitcoin adoptions but right now it is still in it's early days.
DoniAiikya

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 09:28:50 AM

the problem of bitcoin is the down of price.
many people get lost $ when the price going down

example you have 100 bitcoin now (price 425$ every bitcoin)
after 3 ddays (price 400$ every bitcoin)

you lose 25x100 = 2500$ thats so big!
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 11:45:41 AM

I think people will not be willing to pay more fees. because they want to receive services according to what people say. fee is cheap and fast transaction right ?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 11:56:11 AM

I think people will not be willing to pay more fees. because they want to receive services according to what people say. fee is cheap and fast transaction right ?
If people are not willing to pay some extra cents for the better service then it is certain that they don't care about the service and i don't have any problem to pay any extra for my coins to confirm or arrive faster.

The spam or other attacks are not permanent and not a general case.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 12:05:55 PM

If people are not willing to pay some extra cents for the better service then it is certain that they don't care about the service and i don't have any problem to pay any extra for my coins to confirm or arrive faster.

The spam or other attacks are not permanent and not a general case.

i agree, i also don't mind paying extra fees for a 1 week so that my transaction gets confirmed while an attack is going on.

but it is frustrating to receive a payment for example from a service and have to wait a couple of days for confirmation.

--looking for signature--
CryingMidget

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 12:39:20 PM

I guess deleyment in confirmation is not a big issue.  I think the biggest problem is that a lot of people still don't want to use it instead of the money we have now, i hope this will change in the future as people will realize that bitcoins are much better than fiat
kartaggen

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 12:49:10 PM

I guess deleyment in confirmation is not a big issue.  I think the biggest problem is that a lot of people still don't want to use it instead of the money we have now, i hope this will change in the future as people will realize that bitcoins are much better than fiat

That's true and every time confirmations are not delayed, I have experienced that issue very few times, but I am ok with it, as you cannot start hating bitcoin for only that reason, as bitcoin is providing us some great benefits.
Kollor

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 12:54:52 PM

Until now, there are only few shops that accepts bitcoin, we still need to convert it to fiat to be useful in our daily lives, so I guess, the adoption of bitcoin is slow, and that's what I think is one of my biggest problem...Can't eat foods on stalls and vending machines using bitcoin in our place til now..
Pollak

Activity: 182

Pollak

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 01:36:26 PM

Until now, there are only few shops that accepts bitcoin, we still need to convert it to fiat to be useful in our daily lives, so I guess, the adoption of bitcoin is slow, and that's what I think is one of my biggest problem...Can't eat foods on stalls and vending machines using bitcoin in our place til now..

A wider and bigger broad of merchants would be good. Right now the same type of sites are accepting bitcoins.
Sites the masses don't visit. If this will change I will use my bitcoins more often.

trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 02:16:04 AM

you can use Gyft.com buying your coupon using bitcoin then you can buyign anything what you can, in fact if you use gyft.com it's like you use exchanger from bitcoin to fiat, but you did'nt need id card Roll Eyes

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
pneumatic5

Activity: 238

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:29:03 AM

Why you want to spend more for food if you can get it in a penny, I don't want to spend it to buy anything, I just want that the price should be higher so that I can convert it to fiat and spend my fiat on whatever I want to buy.

FinalFantasy

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:30:55 AM

Transaction speed would be #1 for me.
greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:42:25 AM

Number one = how long the conformations take

diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 05:56:13 AM

the problem of bitcoin is the down of price.
many people get lost $ when the price going down

example you have 100 bitcoin now (price 425$ every bitcoin)
after 3 ddays (price 400$ every bitcoin)

you lose 25x100 = 2500$ thats so big!
if you can not be patient when the price falls and always panic to sell and you're thinking, "sell now! maybe tomorrow the price will fall. I was afraid to more lose"
then you will never make a profit on bitcoin. invest in bitcoin key is to be patient and keep watching mate
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 07:20:44 AM

The only problem I have with bitcoin at the moment is that I don't own near as enough as what I should have. I knew about bitcoin when it was only 1 usd and I didn't really understand what it was about then and I am gutted for not buying several hundred of them at that time.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 08:33:25 AM

The biggest problem is that you can never know what will happen in the future and that is a huge problem. It is very hard to predict a currency.
So you must take risks if you want to sell it or buy it. Because you never what will happen in the future.
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 10:23:10 AM

The only problem I have with bitcoin at the moment is that I don't own near as enough as what I should have. I knew about bitcoin when it was only 1 usd and I didn't really understand what it was about then and I am gutted for not buying several hundred of them at that time.
of course it would be very regrettable when you have joined with bitcoin when first launching. and at that time the price was worth $ 1, it is unfortunate you not buy a lot of the time

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: