Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:16:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417150 times)
Echye

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 04:45:55 PM

This is kind of impossible, seeing that you can already use $ for purchasing online goods and services, and I see nothing else that BTC can do, except for those addicted to gambling which gamble with BTC since US has banned most of gambling sites.
CryptBit

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 04:51:29 PM

Yes but my take on soon is about 100 years.
CryptBit

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:11:44 PM

Government won't let it happen, in fact they are trying to control bitcoin.
Maybe bitcoin won't replace dollar soon, but bitcoin might replace other fiat currency soon Roll Eyes

But, bitcoin will replace dollar or other currencies in some aspect such as online payment & black market payment solution

Just like the government wont let drugs and illegals into the country.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 10:34:34 PM

Government won't let it happen, in fact they are trying to control bitcoin.
Maybe bitcoin won't replace dollar soon, but bitcoin might replace other fiat currency soon Roll Eyes

But, bitcoin will replace dollar or other currencies in some aspect such as online payment & black market payment solution

Right now the only fiats I realistically see Bitcoin replacing is the ones that are under dictatorships like Venezuela if their people rise, or maybe Argentina, but I think that's having delusional hopes about people, they are too ignorant on this thing yet to catch up that quick, it may take a decade at least.
futurebit640

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:54:43 PM

This is kind of impossible, seeing that you can already use $ for purchasing online goods and services, and I see nothing else that BTC can do, except for those addicted to gambling which gamble with BTC since US has banned most of gambling sites.

Yes currently bitcoins are more popular in gambling segment so common people are still not very interested to explore these coins yet.

According to me bitcoins will never ever replace dollar but it is always considered as an alternative currency to buy items online.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 01:14:53 AM

I really do not know about after 100 years what happens but surely it will not happen for next few 30 to 40 years for sure.
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:24:11 AM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?

No way.  I think the dollar is very unsteady and probably in for a crisis of some sort, but bitcoin doesn't seem to be in a position to take over.  It would take down the entire fractional reserve banking system that the elite have relied on for the past several hundred years.  There is no way they would let that happen.  I'm not saying a digital currency is not in the interest of the central banks, but a finite supply?  No way.  Bitcoin might hold its value and increase, but I can't see central banks adopting it before they try to replace it with their own.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 01:42:56 PM

I really do not know about after 100 years what happens but surely it will not happen for next few 30 to 40 years for sure.

as long as they don't get to invent another (better) alternative than the current us dollar where they can maintain their control, i can't see the dollar being replaced within at least 20 years.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:15:41 PM

QE4 is coming folks Cheesy

The FED is bluffing with the rate hike so it can be very soon when bitcoin takes over Cheesy

wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:07:56 PM

Even I also think that Bitcoin will never replace dollar, there are possibilities that the use of bitcoin will be increased but its hard to replace dollar. Dollars are universally accepted for routine transactions, whereas bitcoins are still struggling to get recognize in many countries and it will take long time to generate the awareness and trust among the people towards bitcoins.
apriyani420

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:24:57 PM

i dont think it will replace the dollar soon though i believe it is possible that after a few years it will be accepted as a national currency by some countries

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:17:06 AM

i dont think it will replace the dollar soon though i believe it is possible that after a few years it will be accepted as a national currency by some countries

Maybe I am only a poor pessimist but I think that not only after a few years but never bitcoin will be accepted as a national currency by some country. Maybe and maximum will be recognized, will be accepted and will be used by them but making bitcoin national currency quitting their fiat money never. For the simple reason that no one country can produce bitcoin in accordance with its needs and because people cannot use it in everyday life like the other money. Bitcoin exist only in internet but the people buy mainly (overwhelmingly) out of internet. And it is not possible doing the physical form of coin because bitcoin is an world coin. No one country can own it and can do something only itself without agreements with all the nations of the world. Otherwise will have no value because can not be accepted by the others.
afriezalie

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:29:57 AM

Bitcoin is a new system. It's not a FIAT system same as dollar. Basically in trading we need to use physical money, not a cryptocurrency system. I don't think bitcoin can replace dollar in 15 years. Maybe in 15 years later, many merchant accept bitcoin as payment method, but it still can't replace dollar because government won't let it happened because bitcoin is decentralized. I believe if bitcoin used by many countries to import and export activity, bitcoin price will jump and crash in one hour or maybe 15 minutes.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:46:17 AM

bitcoin will still be a digital currency and the dollar remains the currency in the form of physical / real
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 11:38:17 AM

bitcoin will still be a digital currency and the dollar remains the currency in the form of physical / real

I found that pretty funny, since even though i understand the concept, the dollar isint really a physical/real currency anymore. Its just numbers in banks being artificially printed and distributed by the federal bank.

But in the same logic, its not possible for a government to just "print" BTC to their heart's content so it won't be seeing much government adoption in our current "democratic" government.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 12:31:15 PM

I found that pretty funny, since even though i understand the concept, the dollar isint really a physical/real currency anymore. Its just numbers in banks being artificially printed and distributed by the federal bank.

But in the same logic, its not possible for a government to just "print" BTC to their heart's content so it won't be seeing much government adoption in our current "democratic" government.

I just don't see BTC adopted by the governments ever. Bitcoin gives us exactly what governments are afraid the most to give to the people. Transparency and freedom to do with our money as we wish. Also Bitcoin prevents the governments to cheat and print money as they wish.

So Bitcoin doesn't need to get adopted by the governments, Bitcoin needs to get adopted by the people!
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 12:50:38 PM

I just don't see BTC adopted by the governments ever. Bitcoin gives us exactly what governments are afraid the most to give to the people. Transparency and freedom to do with our money as we wish. Also Bitcoin prevents the governments to cheat and print money as they wish.

So Bitcoin doesn't need to get adopted by the governments, Bitcoin needs to get adopted by the people!

This is a great sentence. I like it. But I can assure you that the meaning of that is not enough. If the government don't know (not adopt) and rule bitcoin there might not be future for it. This is not possible because in some country there are already the rules and in some others are thinking about those. In the future I am convinced that all the countries will do those (because of the power of technology which has invented bitcoin) but I wanted to specify that the adoption of bitcoin from people is the most important thing for it but not all.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:06:05 PM

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

lol.  No.  Is he retarded?  Not even China's Yuan will replace the USD.  The US Military will blow everybody up before it can happen.  They got the best military in the world.  The US is even giving everyone the finger right now and laughing.

Sorry but getting a blow job from a nun has a better chance of happenning than BTC replacing the USD.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:42:43 PM

Read the following news:

lol.  No.  Is he retarded?  Not even China's Yuan will replace the USD.  The US Military will blow everybody up before it can happen.  They got the best military in the world.  The US is even giving everyone the finger right now and laughing.

Sorry but getting a blow job from a nun has a better chance of happenning than BTC replacing the USD.

I knew a slutty nun once, she has been kicked out since Cheesy

But seriously, even the Roman Empire has collapsed, and they had the best military back then. Every economy based on fiat money will collapse eventually.

BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 11:41:17 AM

maybe some people who have confidence in the bitcoin that can replace the dollar. they only see the ease regardless of the convenience of users and society at large.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: