Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:01:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417149 times)
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 06:33:02 AM

No the bitcoin will not replace the dollar because the bitcoin is too small what already has been mentioned.
I think soon or later it could be possible but anytime soon it will not happen because too many people are depending on the dollar and the bitcoin is even depending on the dollar these days..
Bitcoiin and dollar are two different concepts and I think bitcoin will never replace dollar, bitcoin is like gold and not a currency in my opinion.
Yeah right, bitcoin is digital currency and not the real money, but dollar is real money, as quoted above both are different, we can't equate them. If bitcoin is globalised too we can't expect bitcoin to replace dollar, to my thought it is impossible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DashCoinDark

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:26:52 AM

Its not possible that it will happen soon, there are a lot of people that is still using their Dollars because a lot of people doesnt even know how Bitcoin works and that is the problem.
It can only replace dollar if the value will rise and if more stores make Bitcoin also acceptable.
MTBTT

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:55:01 AM

Its not possible that it will happen soon, there are a lot of people that is still using their Dollars because a lot of people doesnt even know how Bitcoin works and that is the problem.
It can only replace dollar if the value will rise and if more stores make Bitcoin also acceptable.
This is only about the wait time bitcoin developing and adding adopter it takes a long time of course. may be more than a few decades. but I'm confident with it
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:16:02 AM

Yes I think the bitcoin will take over the dollar soon or later, it will take some time of course but I think its possible for sure.
Its just a matter if time before this happen in my opinion its all a matter of time.
fredashton

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:40:11 AM

Yes I think the bitcoin will take over the dollar soon or later, it will take some time of course but I think its possible for sure.
Its just a matter if time before this happen in my opinion its all a matter of time.

Maybe bitcoin will just be widely used by people but it wont replace dollar,dollar is will still be used by many poeple who dont rely on technology and bitcoin will be used by people who are in technology on their daily life.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:46:48 AM

Maybe bitcoin will just be widely used by people but it wont replace dollar,dollar is will still be used by many poeple who dont rely on technology and bitcoin will be used by people who are in technology on their daily life.
Not sure why a lot people are so concentrated on Bitcoin replacing the dollar, but it will not happen, and it's also not needed to happen since Bitcoin is here and ready to be used as a currency, as an investment, and so on. So start using it!!

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 08:59:39 AM

I think soon will be more hard action will take as bank are opposing cryptocurrency to make good establishments for future.

But, Bitcoin is just an example soon there will be any other digital cryptocurrency having value more than we can imagine. Its a purely future and more convenient way to make trade c to b or c to c open source with very security as well as anonymously.  Cryptography really a great invention and can solve lots of problems in future.

All above mentioned things can take you to replacement of USd by Bitcoin. But No. I think local currency is need of local person . If you have bitcoin but as it is a virtual currency so Local currency will be there at their own place worldwide.
Lust

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 09:04:05 AM

I think I would be imposible but it can be a global currency. That you can you can use in any country

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 10:08:58 AM

Well, Japan actually proposed to use Bitcoin as their new 2nd currency system after Japanese Yen
So It might be possible for bitcoin to win against dollar

Soon? Most likely no
I do believe it will in a long term, maybe 20 years or so Wink

Many people still don't know about bitcoin and some of them hates bitcoin for some reason

But, If Japan successfully put bitcoin as their currency it might inspire another country to adopt Bitcoin for their new currency Smiley
That will bring us one step closer for replacing dollar

The only bad side I can think of right now is that bitcoin will be regulated, which mean we will have Bitcoin tax we must pay Grin

Oh, and Russia is against Bitcoin, don't know whether they will accept it in future or not
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:18:21 AM

Not sure why a lot people are so concentrated on Bitcoin replacing the dollar, but it will not happen, and it's also not needed to happen since Bitcoin is here and ready to be used as a currency, as an investment, and so on. So start using it!!

i fully agree with this. there is no need to wait for bitcoin to replace any fiat currency. we can already use it. nothing will change when bitcoin replaces the dollar as the usage will exactly be the same. it will still be a currency, it will still be a store of value, it will still be an investment tool. stop dreaming people. dollar is the main currency of the world. nothing will replace it.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:04:45 PM

No the bitcoin will not replace the dollar because the bitcoin is too small what already has been mentioned.
I think soon or later it could be possible but anytime soon it will not happen because too many people are depending on the dollar and the bitcoin is even depending on the dollar these days..
Bitcoiin and dollar are two different concepts and I think bitcoin will never replace dollar, bitcoin is like gold and not a currency in my opinion.
Yeah right, bitcoin is digital currency and not the real money, but dollar is real money, as quoted above both are different, we can't equate them. If bitcoin is globalised too we can't expect bitcoin to replace dollar, to my thought it is impossible.
basically bitcoin is a commodity like gold but because bitcoin is a cryptocurrency more and more over time. people prefer to say that bitcoin is an online currency and expand again into a global currency. no problem with it
I like bitcoin just because bitcoin is not shaped it is not a currency bitcoin. its not like it dude
JeanMcCoy

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:17:21 PM

It will not replace soon as you can see now you see of course that Bitcoin is getting more popular but there are also a lot of people that is still using Dollar.
And many people doesnt even know how Bitcoin works and that is the problem so first you have to fix that problem and than you can talk about replacing.
greghansel89

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:18:17 PM

I think I would be imposible but it can be a global currency. That you can you can use in any country

It has now become a global currency that you can use when ever you are in the world but bitcoin still have a few user in each country and it will take more time before we have more companies and users to use bitcoin.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:04:34 PM

It has now become a global currency that you can use when ever you are in the world but bitcoin still have a few user in each country and it will take more time before we have more companies and users to use bitcoin.

Bitcoin is already used worldwide as you noticed , but i don't think it can replace the dollar and fiat soon. The majority of people don't know anything till now about this crypto currency, so it need some time to reach this level
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:42:27 PM

Bitcoin is already used worldwide as you noticed , but i don't think it can replace the dollar and fiat soon. The majority of people don't know anything till now about this crypto currency, so it need some time to reach this level

I don't think that bitcoin is used worldwide at a moment as very few people are aware about it and things will be different in future but it cannot replace dollar anytime for sure.
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 01:54:20 AM

I think the concepts both have in common. which is equally currencies You know a country is not able to use two currencies at once formally ?
so I hope bitcoin can defeat dollar Cheesy

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 02:34:04 AM

I think the concepts both have in common. which is equally currencies You know a country is not able to use two currencies at once formally ?

I doubt that will happen bitcoin wont really be able to defeat dollar because the govern of america is backing up the dollar and dollar is a sign of their strength.
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 04:08:24 AM

I doubt that will happen bitcoin wont really be able to defeat dollar because the govern of america is backing up the dollar and dollar is a sign of their strength.

Dollar has a strong background and no crypto currency can ever replace that and not even bitcoin can replace a currency that has been built by a strong country.
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 04:11:12 AM

I already saw a topic similar to this one. Well, bitcoin will not replace dollar because it only acceptable in the internet and not in the reality. If bitcoin will do it paper money or something coins, then that is the time bitcoin will be accepted by everyone.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 04:25:22 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 05:01:14 AM by bones261

I already saw a topic similar to this one. Well, bitcoin will not replace dollar because it only acceptable in the internet and not in the reality. If bitcoin will do it paper money or something coins, then that is the time bitcoin will be accepted by everyone.

Bitcoin is already available in paper form. It is called a paper wallet. You can print the QR code on paper.
Furthermore, most fiat these days are only electronic data, not real coins or paper. What do you think you are really exchanging when you use a debit or credit card?. Even a paper check these days is instantly turned into electronic form at a lot of places. Hell, they give the check back to you after they run it through their system.
However, I do not think Bitcoin will replace fiat for one simple reason. I do not see a way that you can create more Bitcoin by loaning it out to others. This is the main way banks create money, they loan it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG5c8nhR3LE
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: