Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:43:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417149 times)
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1175

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 04:33:09 AM

I already saw a topic similar to this one. Well, bitcoin will not replace dollar because it only acceptable in the internet and not in the reality. If bitcoin will do it paper money or something coins, then that is the time bitcoin will be accepted by everyone.

I disagree with you mate, even without printed paper form, bitcoin is acceptable in some places in groceries, just look for that video of a couple shoot last 2013 who did a shopping at a grocery and they use bitcoin as payment...By that, I could tell that bitcoin would be an alternative money even in real life...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
armansolis593

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 05:44:43 AM

I already saw a topic similar to this one. Well, bitcoin will not replace dollar because it only acceptable in the internet and not in the reality. If bitcoin will do it paper money or something coins, then that is the time bitcoin will be accepted by everyone.

I disagree with you mate, even without printed paper form, bitcoin is acceptable in some places in groceries, just look for that video of a couple shoot last 2013 who did a shopping at a grocery and they use bitcoin as payment...By that, I could tell that bitcoin would be an alternative money even in real life...

Yes there are a dew shop that is accepting bitcoin but it is not world wide and bitcoin wont replace the dollar because dollar is a great currency.
pocarime32

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 05:57:29 AM

Well, your point is right. But if bitcoin development want spread into real life, i think bitcoin will has a chance to replace dollar, but yeah it's hard to do that.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 02:14:58 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 02:31:41 PM by bones261

Another problem with Bitcoin is that is is really too rare to replace the dollar. With a little less than 15.5 million BTC and a little over 7.1 billion people, that only leaves an average of about .0022 per person. There would be a lot of micro transactions having to be processed by the BTC network. The BTC network is already bogged down. Can you imagine the problems the network would have if it's traffic increased like a million fold? It would probably take weeks to get the 1st confirmation, if someone bought something small, like a candy bar.
Also, there would eventually be a lot of microinputs that would have sizes so large, they may never get processed.
jak1

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 02:39:47 PM

Dollar is Dollar. We cant replace it very soon. But what bitcoin can do is give a good competition to bitcoins. Even now people converts their bitcoins to dollars and then spend it.
nielaminda

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 02:50:31 PM

Dollar is Dollar. We cant replace it very soon. But what bitcoin can do is give a good competition to bitcoins. Even now people converts their bitcoins to dollars and then spend it.

Yeah bitcoin can replace dollar not even in many year to pass,bitcoin will be bitcoin a crypto currency and will remain a crypto currency who is only good at internet.
diodio5

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 04:21:29 PM

Its not possible that it will happen soon, there are a lot of people that is still using their Dollars because a lot of people doesnt even know how Bitcoin works and that is the problem.
It can only replace dollar if the value will rise and if more stores make Bitcoin also acceptable.
of course bitcoin not have great power to be aligned with the dollar let alone replace it. it was impossible to state the current bitcoin. but the time will continue to run maybe in the future will happen
but it does not have a warranty ? so I think bitcoin need to become more sophisticated to be able to replace dollar
BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 01:01:37 AM

Another problem with Bitcoin is that is is really too rare to replace the dollar. With a little less than 15.5 million BTC and a little over 7.1 billion people, that only leaves an average of about .0022 per person. There would be a lot of micro transactions having to be processed by the BTC network. The BTC network is already bogged down. Can you imagine the problems the network would have if it's traffic increased like a million fold? It would probably take weeks to get the 1st confirmation, if someone bought something small, like a candy bar.
Also, there would eventually be a lot of microinputs that would have sizes so large, they may never get processed.

I am fully agree with you and also if bitcoin will replace dollar what will change? The name of currency or what? Goverment will make some stuff with bitcoin and everything will become like in past times.

CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 04:16:42 AM

I am fully agree with you and also if bitcoin will replace dollar what will change? The name of currency or what? Goverment will make some stuff with bitcoin and everything will become like in past times.

Even I but. Dollar is very popular currency I mean it is widely used and everyone knows about it and used it it somehow, when Biticoin replace it I think it is possible through time, maybe decades from now we'll use biticoin instead of the dollar.
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 05:09:53 AM

No the bitcoin will not replace the dollar because the bitcoin is too small what already has been mentioned.
I think soon or later it could be possible but anytime soon it will not happen because too many people are depending on the dollar and the bitcoin is even depending on the dollar these days..
Bitcoiin and dollar are two different concepts and I think bitcoin will never replace dollar, bitcoin is like gold and not a currency in my opinion.
I think the concepts both have in common. which is equally currencies You know a country is not able to use two currencies at once formally ?
so I hope bitcoin can defeat dollar Cheesy
state what you mean and what the currency if like dollar, pounds, euro ... I think will be easy to using that's three currencies wherever you are.

haileysantos95

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:15:15 AM

No the bitcoin will not replace the dollar because the bitcoin is too small what already has been mentioned.
I think soon or later it could be possible but anytime soon it will not happen because too many people are depending on the dollar and the bitcoin is even depending on the dollar these days..
Bitcoiin and dollar are two different concepts and I think bitcoin will never replace dollar, bitcoin is like gold and not a currency in my opinion.
I think the concepts both have in common. which is equally currencies You know a country is not able to use two currencies at once formally ?
so I hope bitcoin can defeat dollar Cheesy
state what you mean and what the currency if like dollar, pounds, euro ... I think will be easy to using that's three currencies wherever you are.

In every country you can use different kinds of currency specially the big currency out there.
Bitcoin wont be replacing dollar well not in the years that will be passing by.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:52:56 PM

Even I but. Dollar is very popular currency I mean it is widely used and everyone knows about it and used it it somehow, when Biticoin replace it I think it is possible through time, maybe decades from now we'll use biticoin instead of the dollar.

The dollar is widely used, but the reason why it is the dominant currency is because it has the faith of multiple governments and trade is conducted in it. Bitcoin still has some distance to go before governments start trusting it.

adomers

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 04:00:48 PM

Bitcoin can't replace dollar sooner or later. If that happen all daily life will change in blink of an eye for short time from now. Maybe it will happen replacing btc to usd step by step to change everything
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 04:17:03 PM

I don't think that can happen. That sound too good to be truth. Lets say it happen, for example what could we can expect then in this world. New world order?
Even if something like that happen it will be for 100 or 1000 years, and that is not soon at all.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 04:45:55 PM

Bitcoin can't replace dollar sooner or later. If that happen all daily life will change in blink of an eye for short time from now. Maybe it will happen replacing btc to usd step by step to change everything

I don't think that bitcoin will replace the dollar, at least not any time soon. I do believe that in the near future more people will adapt to bitcoin and start letting go of bitcoin
sidrab14

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 04:49:57 PM

I don't think that bitcoin will replace the dollar, at least not any time soon. I do believe that in the near future more people will adapt to bitcoin and start letting go of bitcoin

Bitcoin is an extraordinary innovation. It will never replace the dollar..
beduku22

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 05:05:09 PM

everyone still uses the dollar as their main currency. I think the deployment of bitcoin is slow..
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 05:23:26 PM

What will probably happen is there will be blockchains created to do electronic transfers less expensively. However, our economic system relies on the fiat system. We need a system that can accommodate banks holding a fractional reserve, so credit can be easily extended. IF BTC replaced the dollar, the banks would have to basically issue BTC IOU's, since you can't really double spend a BTC. We'd end up just having a BTC backed monetary system, like we used to have a gold backed or silver backed monetary system.
Bitcoin will always be a great alternative to fiat. However; I do not think it will ever replace it.
lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:20:22 PM

everyone still uses the dollar as their main currency. I think the deployment of bitcoin is slow..
bitcoin will surely be way much more popular after a few years in my opinion and it wil develop at a very rapid pace pretty soon we just need to wait way more time than now

i hope that my predictions are really correct right now and that i will make a lot of money in the future, that would surely mean that bitcoin will replace fiat in the future
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:37:32 PM

Bitcoin is already available in paper form. It is called a paper wallet. You can print the QR code on paper.
Furthermore, most fiat these days are only electronic data, not real coins or paper. What do you think you are really exchanging when you use a debit or credit card?. Even a paper check these days is instantly turned into electronic form at a lot of places. Hell, they give the check back to you after they run it through their system.
However, I do not think Bitcoin will replace fiat for one simple reason. I do not see a way that you can create more Bitcoin by loaning it out to others. This is the main way banks create money, they loan it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG5c8nhR3LE

You are right my friend. I have been involved in electronic commerce for several years, and my current economy does not involve the use of "physical money". Each of my daily transactions, even the minimum ones, are 100% electronically carried out and that is why I think the lack of "physical existence" of bitcoin should not be an impediment to promote it as a valid and strong currency.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: