Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:53:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [R3D] NEW UPDATES COMING SOON  (Read 66702 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CoinBateman

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:27:52 AM

tempus:

I agree mostly with what you said. I do however think that part of the problem which you have not identified is the demographic with which 'CFC' are targeted at. Clearly, the crypto space is largely full of people who entered due to greed. The days of raising thousands of bitcoins through crowdfunds is mostly over. Neucoin is a little exception and despite it being 'just another' coin. They have put together a much better marketing campaign (newsbtc, cointelegraph adverts everywhere) as well as some organised content for people to do their own reading. Factom had given dozens of lectures as well as ran QA, AMA's etc. for months and months running up to their crowdsale, and selling 2-3 thousand bitcoins was probably justified.

R3D on the other hand, have a very feature packed announcement thread, but little to no prior community interaction, or really any material at all. That is not to say I do not believe their ability to produce, but its just the literal comparison between projects that are asking for the same order of magnitude funding seems to show that R3D team still have a-lot of work ahead of them to convince people to invest into their project.

I would suggest that some Seed funding, and venture capital might be a better way to approach this crowdfund. The larger majority of people who will likely invest to this are only hoping to sell for profit in the short term and will probably fail to see the bigger picture like larger investors would.

@CoinBateman | Killer Crypto Instinct
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 04:30:32 AM

agreed but afraid that josh also did venture capitalization and where that project led to. to run such a huge marketing campaign will prolong launch of this project and im afraid might some other group will grab this idea and come up with look alike thing. honestly speaking i didnt get chance to read all those long posts and the radio stream yet but hopefully the DEV team will take this part into consideration. nevertheless a little investment on a graphic designer and online marketeer could lead to promote this initiative in far better way
not to forget LARGE MAJORITY is likely to invest in it for profit in the short term 

twoturtles
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 08:35:55 AM

agreed but afraid that josh also did venture capitalization and where that project led to. to run such a huge marketing campaign will prolong launch of this project and im afraid might some other group will grab this idea and come up with look alike thing. honestly speaking i didnt get chance to read all those long posts and the radio stream yet but hopefully the DEV team will take this part into consideration. nevertheless a little investment on a graphic designer and online marketeer could lead to promote this initiative in far better way
not to forget LARGE MAJORITY is likely to invest in it for profit in the short term 

The methods we're using to accomplish everything we've discussed (and other details that we haven't yet) are pretty outside-of-the-box in approach and quite a bit of time and research was invested beforehand.  There may be some who attempt to emulate it but if it's not done properly with as much care and consideration as it requires - it'll be just another bad attempt at a quick cash grab and easy to spot.  This isn't something that came out of thin air, was forked and searched/replaced.  We're using a new database as well.  Regarding graphics, I can understand from a marketing point perhaps your view - but the image wasn't intended to be "web 2.0"-ish.  That doesn't stand to say you're wrong about the imagery - it's your opinion and a few others have expressed it as well.  With that said however, we are taking this time to take into consideration other perspectives and re-evaluate areas in which improvements can be made.  The code continues on of course, but we're not turning a blind eye to everything else either.  I think once the demo is live folks might have a better understanding and overall better opinion of what's being done here - at least one can hope.  We do take everything into consideration, and everyone's opinion matters.  Thank you very much for the insight.  There are quite a few details that will be released with the demo only and that might clear a few concerns up and actually open up some new eyes as to the benefit of our system.  We'll definitely be keeping everyone updated.

Best regards,

syntaks

FACKYOU1

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:56:42 AM

this is karma. very few people want to buy it  Grin

http://coverize.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/go-away.jpg
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 11:34:22 AM

The methods we're using to accomplish everything we've discussed (and other details that we haven't yet) are pretty outside-of-the-box in approach and quite a bit of time and research was invested beforehand.  There may be some who attempt to emulate it but if it's not done properly with as much care and consideration as it requires - it'll be just another bad attempt at a quick cash grab and easy to spot.  This isn't something that came out of thin air, was forked and searched/replaced.  We're using a new database as well.  Regarding graphics, I can understand from a marketing point perhaps your view - but the image wasn't intended to be "web 2.0"-ish.  That doesn't stand to say you're wrong about the imagery - it's your opinion and a few others have expressed it as well.  With that said however, we are taking this time to take into consideration other perspectives and re-evaluate areas in which improvements can be made.  The code continues on of course, but we're not turning a blind eye to everything else either.  I think once the demo is live folks might have a better understanding and overall better opinion of what's being done here - at least one can hope.  We do take everything into consideration, and everyone's opinion matters.  Thank you very much for the insight.  There are quite a few details that will be released with the demo only and that might clear a few concerns up and actually open up some new eyes as to the benefit of our system.  We'll definitely be keeping everyone updated.

Best regards,

syntaks

good luck this encourage me to put some more BTC in it Smiley

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 12:13:42 PM

Why does bittrex market show disabled? or is it just me?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
stoner19 (OP)

Activity: 752

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 12:51:29 PM

Why does bittrex market show disabled? or is it just me?

We've changed the CFC start date to next Friday so that we can put out a demo for everyone to see prior to CFC launch and answer any other questions people have to help clear the air. Details on this can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1141617.msg12118574#msg12118574. I also posted this notice at the very top of the OP.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:21:37 PM

this is karma. very few people want to buy it  Grin

PLEASE STOP GIVE THESE DEVS A CHANCE
you are being a idiot ARE YOU JEALOUS  Wink ;)they have not released anything so wait before you judge
dumbass  Wink Wink

ihascryptos

Activity: 560

Am i broke yet?

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:35:35 PM

I was against this coin at the start but the development team is solid and dynamically changing the coin to suit the community. I suggest you give the team a chance and see where it goes.
Developers. Get the crowd funding back up and keep pushing on. Good Luck.

I like tacos!
SharkTaPuss

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:18:41 PM

This coin looks like it could be a good thing. 800 btc will be a hard sell these days.
twoturtles
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 09:00:19 PM

Thanks a lot for the vote of confidence folks.  We're working really hard to bring something into this environment that can hopefully do a substantial amount of good.

SharkTaPuss

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:50:09 AM

Thanks a lot for the vote of confidence folks.  We're working really hard to bring something into this environment that can hopefully do a substantial amount of good.

Cool good to hear. Hopefully its enough to get the ico sold. Smiley
HarryPorter

Activity: 604
Merit: 506

crypto = passion

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:32:51 PM

dev has hard work ahead, as it is a project of ICO coin. It does not necessarily mean that by this he fails, so it should not be assumed in advance. First let's give him a chance.
So not many doing anything at all for crypto, most of them are here only for profits - Let us respect his work.

https://www.bitmex.com/app/register/XTo064 - enjoy a 10% fee discount for 6 months.
Annunaki-

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:45:27 PM

With the right marketing and demonstration of skill the dev here could get his ico sold imo.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:01:55 AM

tempus:

I agree mostly with what you said. I do however think that part of the problem which you have not identified is the demographic with which 'CFC' are targeted at. Clearly, the crypto space is largely full of people who entered due to greed. The days of raising thousands of bitcoins through crowdfunds is mostly over.

I think it's maybe the other way around. I don't want to say you're wrong and that it's easy right now to start a project with a CFC. Maybe it was easier in 2014. But on the other hand I believe that Crypto is at the very beginning and growing. It's a time of great innovations but also a time of Fraud and failures.

Compared with what I believe will be the future, and I'm convinced that Crypto will be a big movement in the future and a gamechanger in many aspects (financial, social networking, the internet as a whole), this project isn't too late. Maybe it's too early. For me it seems a little bit paradox, that "the Cryptocommunity" is often betting on projects that are already dead, even if they get pumped right now. Too many believe they can make a little profit out of a hype, hoping they'll be out before the pump-groups dump... Crypto would be perfect if Investors would focus on projects they really believe in, focus on innovation and longterm. The little profit some maybe make with Crap is nothing compared with the profit we could make with legit and innovative projects. That's just my point of view, but I'm pretty sure the future will show that I'm right about the coming dynamics. And that's why I'm investing in projects I see innovation and longterm-qualities. And this is one of those projects I'm sure to see that because it's not just about a payment-system. It's also about social-network and much more.

Neucoin is a little exception and despite it being 'just another' coin. They have put together a much better marketing campaign (newsbtc, cointelegraph adverts everywhere) as well as some organised content for people to do their own reading. Factom had given dozens of lectures as well as ran QA, AMA's etc. for months and months running up to their crowdsale, and selling 2-3 thousand bitcoins was probably justified.
I'm watching the "Neucoin-Story" and in my eyes it absolutely has no chance. Besides the fact that they still have nothing to show but marketing, the distribution is a joke. 3% of all coins to the community, 80% to "non-profit-organizations" and the rest to some buddies...  And non-profit in Crypto? Really? ;-)

R3D on the other hand, have a very feature packed announcement thread, but little to no prior community interaction, or really any material at all. That is not to say I do not believe their ability to produce, but its just the literal comparison between projects that are asking for the same order of magnitude funding seems to show that R3D team still have a-lot of work ahead of them to convince people to invest into their project.

As I said: I also think it needs more PR, more attention and a growing dynamic. But it's also about the Crypto-Community itself because that dynamic would start instantly if people would be more interested in innovation and focused on longterm-qualities and the big profit, instead of invest like gamblers playing roulette. My personal goal is to look back in some years, being proud that I made money out of investing early in innovations. And this is one of those projects I believe to see it all.

I would suggest that some Seed funding, and venture capital might be a better way to approach this crowdfund. The larger majority of people who will likely invest to this are only hoping to sell for profit in the short term and will probably fail to see the bigger picture like larger investors would.
Yes, could be right. That's why I'm constantly repeating that people should do some research, reading the Ann, thinking about it, following what they'll show, reading Syntaks Posts to recognize that this isn't "just" legit. They obviously have a very skilled team etc. And everybody who does that will understand that this project also includes very interesting economical aspects. It can grow out of itself if it's used. And therefore it's a combination of Crypto and social network... it has a lot of potential to grow fast. That's the reason why I say it's maybe too early, not to late. The future of Crypto will be a combination of social network, payment etc. Innovation that will be a base for innovations. And it's a counterpart to some destructive dynamics we see in all countries around the world: increasingly censorship... I'm not just speaking about China. We see that in the middle east, Russia, but also in the USA and Europe. Something like this will be wanted and needed and used. That's why I really would like to see that they can start it. 

Waldozaur12
Legendary

Activity: 1223

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:53:45 AM

Market bittrex is disable  Huh ICO time is over ?
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:44:02 AM

The market will be re opened on the 21st of August to continue with the ICO.
Annunaki-

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 02:53:43 PM

It restarts on Aug 21st.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:33:53 AM

Market on Trex is disabled. I thought there was going to be buy wall before ICO restarts

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
stoner19 (OP)

Activity: 752

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:59:02 PM

An update for those who purchased R3D when the first CFC initially launched a couple of week ago...Bittrex will just be canceling the buys already fulfilled and pushing BTC back to everyone's accounts.

Our new CFC begins this Friday, Aug. 21st and everyone can rebuy at that point.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: