Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2017, 03:54:41 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [R3D] NEW UPDATES COMING SOON  (Read 66145 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:50:07 PM

Since DOGE is also AuxPoW does that mean you can mine LTC, DOGE and R3D with 1 miner?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:54:33 PM

Since DOGE is also AuxPoW does that mean you can mine LTC, DOGE and R3D with 1 miner?

If MM was implemented according to spec then i believe you should be able to mine multiple chains with your ltc miner yes.

★☆★Syscoin - Decentralized Marketplace and Multisig Platform
Pay with Bitcoin, ZCash and many more
For more visit Syscoin.org  ★☆★
yak

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 07:01:41 PM

yes that is exactly what it means.

you can go another step or two further if you would like and merge mine every merge-minable scrypt coin at the same time (not sure how many there are at the moment but there are at least quite a few)

(if you are mining scrypt coins right now this is what you should be doing btw)

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
http://twitter.com/cryptogeeks
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Bette Mulo

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 07:15:16 PM

will the arch magic happen again? 760 BTC left and 4 days to make it real...I guess many of us are waiting for the last minute.
We will see, I will buy for sure something, moments before the end.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

goldengatesgreenest.com

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 07:33:53 PM

will the arch magic happen again? 760 BTC left and 4 days to make it real...I guess many of us are waiting for the last minute.

Yeah, it happens every time lol. Wink

Next day delivery Mail order Medical Cannabis now available to California Prop. 215 Patients for Bitcoin! Order anywhere in the State of California. http://goldengatesgreenest.com
yak

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 07:37:17 PM

Yeah, it happens every time lol. Wink

i didn't wait until the last minute Sad... bought 6+ btc worth what... a week ago almost? Tongue

i've been talking with syntaks about putting the entire project guttenberg up in text/html to see what would need to be changed or done to make that a reality as well as costs and such

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 07:57:58 PM

What is a "CFC"?

stoner19

Activity: 711

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 08:02:04 PM

What is a "CFC"?

CrowdFunding Campaign. Bittrex uses that term regularly vs ICO, so that is what we're consistently using.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:05:54 PM

What is a "CFC"?

CrowdFunding Campaign. Bittrex uses that term regularly vs ICO, so that is what we're consistently using.

Is this an "Initial Coin Offering" or is there a previous premine for devs/bittrex/early investors?

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:09:44 PM

Bittrex should get a countdown timer. Previous CFCs like this have ended early making many people mad. A countdown timer would prevent this.

goldengatesgreenest.com

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:32:39 PM

I'm sure once the official demo is released the CFC will pick up steam, hopefully not too late.

Next day delivery Mail order Medical Cannabis now available to California Prop. 215 Patients for Bitcoin! Order anywhere in the State of California. http://goldengatesgreenest.com
yak

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 08:34:35 PM

Is this an "Initial Coin Offering" or is there a previous premine for devs/bittrex/early investors?

yea, its basically an ico (they just use a different name for it), the entire coin supply is what the ico is, as is said in the original ann if it is successful (min 800btc raised) the coins are distributed to the buyers and whatever isn't sold is burned

Bittrex should get a countdown timer. Previous CFCs like this have ended early making many people mad. A countdown timer would prevent this.

i completely agree, i wonder why they don't

yak

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 08:35:52 PM

Crowdfunding Campaign is scheduled to launch 09:00:00 AM PDT August 21, 2015 and will close 09:00:00 AM September 4, 2015 at Bittrex
(from the ann)

stoner19

Activity: 711

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 08:41:05 PM

yea, its basically an ico (they just use a different name for it), the entire coin supply is what the ico is, as is said in the original ann if it is successful (min 800btc raised) the coins are distributed to the buyers and whatever isn't sold is burned

i completely agree, i wonder why they don't

Correct. This is for the ENTIRE coin supply. What is distributed through the CFC/ICO is all that will ever be in circulation. There is no additional premine that we keep, nor is there any new R3D created from mining. All of the mining rewards are generated as fees from user-created content and account creation.

And I agree, it would be nice to have some kind of notice or timer at bittrex so people knew how much time remained on the CFC.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:44:25 PM

This looks pretty good. I will probably buy some soon.

Dexter12

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:53:03 PM

So will i, but i really doubt that 800BTC will be achieved on friday.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 09:09:55 PM

Of course not. This will only raise enough funds for a few months of development.

I hope everyone realizes that this coin will need to dilute your coins and run a 2CO in a few months. This is a good thing though. Unlike other coins that give devs "golden parachutes" of +10% of all coins, this coin can sustain proper growth with continued CFCs.

A possible scenario would be raise $10,000 in an ICO, get to marketcap of $50,000, dilute coins 20% for a 2CO and raise $10,000, get to marketcap of $200,000, dilute coins 10% for a 3CO and raise $20,000, ... repeat ... on and on.

It's been shown these devs won't be working for free for a long period of time. They also have no premine incentive to work. The only way for this coin to have continued work is to continue funding it by diluting coins.

You would have to be a moron to think this is going to be as big as reddit without continued development for 5+ years.

vectisitch

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 09:13:52 PM

just bought in. good luck

░▓█████████████████▓░
          ▒▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒██▓▒░
      ░▒▓███▓                 ▒██▓▓▒░░    ░
▓▒███████▓▒        ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░    ░▓▓▓██▓▓▓▒▓
▒░██▒░░         ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓██▓▒     ░ ▒▓▓░▓
░▒▓█▒         ▒█▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓████▓▓▒   ▒█▓▒▒
 ▒░██        ██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░██▒   ██▒▒
 ▓░▓█▒      ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░░▒▒▒░░▒▓██▓   ▒██░▒
 ░▓░█▓     ▓█▓▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒   ██░▓░
  ▓▒▒█▓  ▓▒█▓▒▒▓▓▒░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ █▒  ██▓░▓
   █░▒█▓ ▓███▓▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░ ▓█  ██▓ ▓
    █░▓█▓ ░██▓███▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓██  ██▓░▓
    ░█░▒██  ░ ░▓███████▓██████▒  ██▒░▓
      █▒░██▓      ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ▓██░▒▓
       ▓▓░▒██▒               ▒██▓░▓▓
        ░█▓░▓██▒           ▒██▓░▓█░
          ▒█▓░▓██▓       ▓██▓▒▓█▒
            ▒█▓▒▒███░ ▒███▒▒▓█▒
              ▒██▓▒▓███▓▒▒██▒
                ░▓██▒▒▒███░
                   ▒███▒

CrushOnBTC

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 10:40:54 PM

really cool graphics,  is that one on the bottom left supposed to be a battery or an energy drink?

Neither Cool
twoturtles
Legendary

Activity: 826

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 01:30:53 AM

Of course not. This will only raise enough funds for a few months of development.

I hope everyone realizes that this coin will need to dilute your coins and run a 2CO in a few months. This is a good thing though. Unlike other coins that give devs "golden parachutes" of +10% of all coins, this coin can sustain proper growth with continued CFCs.

A possible scenario would be raise $10,000 in an ICO, get to marketcap of $50,000, dilute coins 20% for a 2CO and raise $10,000, get to marketcap of $200,000, dilute coins 10% for a 3CO and raise $20,000, ... repeat ... on and on.

It's been shown these devs won't be working for free for a long period of time. They also have no premine incentive to work. The only way for this coin to have continued work is to continue funding it by diluting coins.

You would have to be a moron to think this is going to be as big as reddit without continued development for 5+ years.

I can tell you personally, I've been working on Neos for free for quite some time now, without holding any myself and after the initial ICO funds were exhausted.  Nothing goes from unknown to viral overnight, and I'm standing by my work throughout.  We do have other recapitalization plans that were mentioned in the thread recently and the fact that someone creating a site on the r3d network can earn is a means to monetize in itself.  I'm not quite sure many are realizing that I've been coding from before sunrise to well-after sunset for 2 months now or so and that was with a very, very small initial payment.  If we're funded, what I can say is that I'll continue to be here - every day on the same schedule continually coding.  This is what I do, and all that I do.  This is beyond passion for me and this cause is an even greater motivator.  Our focus would be on improving r3d, as well as building applications on r3d to generate our own revenue streams later on to sustain that.  The initial ICO funds aren't for us to sit here and create a Reddit clone, that would be a waste of time.  It would be more productive for us to focus our energy on making the r3d platform way more robust and developer friendly so hundreds or thousands of able developers have the proper tools to create anything they could possibly dream up.

Best regards,

syntaks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.