Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:38:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [R3D] NEW UPDATES COMING SOON  (Read 66702 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mmm01
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1053

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:10:30 AM

interesting project but it does seem rather expensive for a coin that will probably fall way below ico price in a heartbeat

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
locohammerhead

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:10:44 AM

Thank you syntaks for the response, that helped a lot Smiley

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:38:58 AM

Hi folks,

It was nearly exactly a year ago that I posted an announcement about a CFC for a system and was faced with the same responses, scrutiny and reluctance as Jared (Stoner) is now.  I was fortunate enough that those who were familiar with my work or had worked with me spoke up in favor in those times of skepticism.  Ultimately, it was a mixture of those whom had vouched for me as well as some blind yet curious faith that led those uncertain to follow the progress.  Some of you may know me, some not.  Since before that CFC went live and to this day, I've been here and have released several versions of Neos and have continued to support it.  The channel on IRC is consistently filled with folks who can attest to the fact that I live there more or less.  I've been involved in crypto for a few years now, and it's the only work I not only enjoy but have a very strong passion about.  I don't support scams nor get involved with them.  I will however, call a scam out if i realize the community is in harm's way and may or may not realize it.  I'm always upfront and honest to a fault with this community.

Over the course of time, I shifted from developing full-time on Neos into what I've been referred to as a "hired gun", or a contract developer.  I'm approached by many for development work ranging from initial development, to infrastructure and debugging.  If a coin is broken or needs upgrades, a hard fork with economic or network changes - I'll decide if I want to get involved based on the people involved, what I know about the project and people and if I feel it's just a quick cash grab.  This space is filled with enough people losing money on fly-by-night pseudo developers endlessly promising fairy tales.  Jared being a long-time friend, and fanatical Neos supporter and I were talking about the future of Neos a few months ago.  I had mentioned potentially shifting Neos to a PoS base as that was what the community was requesting so I was experimenting with some modifications.  Following that, I was looking for a system that could handle data on the network also - namely for aliases as the current system isn't built into the core.  Namecoin and Syscoin were my go-to's for reference so I began studying the code, and porting it into a stable PoS base to further experiment, spot areas of improvement and see exactly what could possibly be done to produce something new and useful for Neos.  Many projects have attempted to do so, some inefficiently and others with quite a few bugs.  I've been staring at this code for quite some time, the most subtle nuances that a blind eye wouldn't spot definitely have an impact on the end result and that's paramount.

Jared has referred many people to me for development work, and I've always taken it on as his referrals have been legitimate and paid well, and on time.  He approached me roughly a month and a half ago and asked if I could keep a project in the making to myself, and that he'd spoken with those involved prior to asking me if it was alright with them to divulge what they had in mind.  After we discussed the details of it, and I asked who else was involved he told me three of the other developers - and we knew each other.  The other folks involved I only know by alias and from the introduction by Jared.  The first thing discussed when we were all in a chat together was the sensitivity of keeping people's privacy in-tact.  The reason being, several of them aren't crypto devs but one of them is a developer for a known product, one of them in the political arena, and another person an analyst for a financial firm.  The fact is, the nature of this project and what it could potentially represent could be questionable and have a negative impact on their reputations or livelihood.  Me?  I'm just a developer with a passion for crypto who believes in freedom.

With that being said, I was given an initial amount of funds for my role within this project which I'll go into details regarding that shortly.  As much as the details of our arrangement are between us, I'm a pretty wide open book and I'm fine with disclosing the terms.  I've explained to the other folks I stand by what I believe in, and I've voiced my advocacy for freedom many times over publicly and that I wouldn't sit idle while the doubts were "emphatically" expressed.  If it were anything other than legitimate at least in my opinion, you would be seeing a post by me double in length and with even more rationale and facts to back it up.  So in all fairness and in the interest of someone's name and a project that's been worked on with enthusiasm as well as great dedication, I'm writing this.

There's a chicken and an egg situation here.  When the team discussed the terms of the ICO, the minimum required amount was discussed with growth and debt in mind.  The folks involved, including myself, can't afford to turn down work or income while working on another project on a promise alone.  Their arrangements and terms I'm not privy to, nor do I wish to be it's not my business.  However, to have me on board for the duties I'm responsible for myself - it wasn't an exorbitant amount nor was it the most humble.  We all have bills and people to pay and that's just business.  I've voluntarily stepped into the light here, my information is public and when I'm not coding I will answer questions to the best of my ability.

Regarding my responsibilities in this project and the role I play.  The developers at the time I had spoken with Jared were past the planning stage and were just basically outlining the details of the project and goals/milestones and what they'd like to see in the project, out of the project and needed in the project.  I think I can fairly say everyone's feelings towards the rapid censorship, especially as of late are not the fondest.  They had implemented some of their ideas into standard data messaging but they were having issues with a few aspects of it such as size, compression, delivery and basically a usable system that wasn't relying on heavy hash to keep the chain moving, or a PoS system that only urged people to hoard with the intention of profiting later from a) lack of supply in the wild and b) interest-based gains which would then just lead to flooding the market with sell orders.  Their goal and idea behind the system wasn't to price it for traders but aimed more towards something that was actually unique and usable.

So what do you do when PoS isn't a) always stable b) supportive of a healthy economy typically c) defeats the purpose of the system you're building?  What do you do to prevent the necessity of large hash to keep this network in motion without financial overhead?  My suggestion based on my aforementioned experimentation and knowledge was make an abundance available for the sale, auxpow mining since now we have scrypt asics everywhere and hash is readily available, and incentive based on a proportionate amount of reward based on use.  This system isn't made to sit idle, it's meant to be used and thus those who either directly mine it or auxpow it, will be rewarded based on that use.  A prime example, is I'd run the Neos forum on the system and get rid of the hosting fees we have right now for that server.  I thought this would be a great and practical actual *use* of blockchain technology instead of just a project based on finances.  There are others out there that have great systems in place for other uses, as there are others out there with only financial purposes.  Everything is derived from inspiration brought on by those with the thought in mind and reference of the past as well as present.  Syscoin is great, they themselves looked into Datacoin and Namecoin.  My role in this is to re-engineer it into something else in the areas of transport and storage.  Analyze the current bottlenecks, shortcomings and recognize areas that could be improvised to function differently and in many cases along the way - improved.  Once the source is released, I'll be explaining to anyone interested what's been changed, written from the ground up, questioned and what's been removed with the reasons behind it.  For example the fee reward system, the account system and quite a bit more.  As I said, this is going on more than a month in the making and that's just the point at which I was brought in with the agreement and promise of post-ico employment.  The 4K BTC sum isn't what's expected to be reached, but just what's made available.  You can buy 1, 1000, or 0.  A project of this magnitude that's actually legitimate has costs to not only create but to maintain, support, and grow.  The minimum set is what's been told to me to afford to keep everyone involved paid and the project continually developed.

There have been quite a few questions here along with doubts and my intention here is to hopefully bring some legitimacy to this project as it truly is worthy of positive attention, at least in my opinion.  As I've already stated, I don't get in bed with scammers or those with less-than-honorable intentions.  My personal salary from the sale wouldn't be given to me in a lump sum either regardless of the level of trust the rest of the collective or Jared have in me.  It requires a certain level of responsibility, experience and trust to be in the position Jared's in and if I hadn't known him for as long as I have now and worked with him I would be skeptical the same as those voicing their concerns are.  There have been quite a few companies, investors and developers in this space that have expressed a great amount of interest and with good reason. The ground work was almost all laid out when I came into this project, it was the implementation and delivery that was lacking and that's where I've been able to step in and offer my abilities.  I've introduced an experimental alternative to leveldb as was in conjunction to it as a possible replacement for a multitude of reasons as well.

Regarding the roadmap and features detailed there.  Some are already in development, a few in which I played the role of coding (encrypting the data on the chain for example).  They're included in the current list of features only because they've been thoroughly tested.  I never release anything as "done" or "included" without proper testing.  With that said, updates will come as features are tested and proven stable - not before.  Graphical roadmaps, elaborate images and graphs - unnecessary.  History has shown us time after time that a scammer can hire a designer, pay a nominal fee and rob us blind.  The intentions behind the simplistic layout were to be informative and forthcoming - not beautiful.

With all of this considered, the person in the position of holding responsibility for the financials is not only someone who has voluntarily given their time to support and nourish other communities, but also someone whose personal information is public and I as well have Jared's information even beyond what's disclosed in the CFC along with one hell of a lawyer that practices both in and outside of this space thanks to another reputable person involved in crypto.  Every bit of relevant information regarding his holding and dispersal of the funds is documented and legally binding.

Lastly, I've been accepting contract roles for the last several months since LTCGear went belly-up to maintain my role within the Neos community and in crypto in general.  I haven't missed a beat with regard to my role or support with Neos, even while coding for others.  I don't want to give the wrong impression, even with the clarity I've hopefully provided so I'll state again - I'm basically an employee whose future role depends on the response to this project.

I'd like to thank those who have read this lengthy post for your time and hopefully better understanding of the rationale behind a few of the uncertain details.  Now it's time for me to get back coding.

Best regards,

syntaks

Impressive words! I was absolutely sure that this project is legit because of Stoner and some other signs. Now it's obvious he also hired skilled Devs. To be honest, it was one of my first questions to myself if he could have asked you because I would have if I were him... ;-)

Now it really looks good. Hope that many others will focus on facts and nobody will complain because of Neos. Hope it will be a win-win for both projects! 

To all the others: What Syntaks pointed out you can believe. There are no reasons not to trust Stoner, but if you don't trust Syntaks buy Paycoin. ;-) I don't know anybody in the wild west of Crypto who is that trustworthy as a person and even if I don't know anything about coding I know he is very(!) skilled and passioned.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:56:52 AM

WE DON'T CARE IF IT'S LEGIT - IT'S TOO FUCKIN' EXPENSIVE.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:03:49 AM

Why? It's a serious question. I've read it several times now that it's too expensive. But let's imagine it's all true what Stoner and Syntaks pointed out (and I have zero doubts about that but understand that others, who don't know them, may have doubts)...

If all should be true, why you call it expensive?
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:07:57 AM

Why? It's a serious question. I've read it several times now that it's too expensive. But let's imagine it's all true what Stoner and Syntaks pointed out (and I have zero doubts about that but understand that others, who don't know them, may have doubts)...

Again.

Most of the volume on Bittrex these days is fake. The only way to make any money on icos these days is to buy a cheap one that gets pumped, and even then it's a real rarity. (when was the last prior to Circuits? I can't even remember). A bunch of nonsense for a roadmap and a hugely optimistic goal worked a year and a half ago, now? you gotta be kidding. Stupid money is long gone. Even if 600 self bought coins are thrown at it you still won't come close to 800, the mkt cap will be way to high at the start. People left in this game are still here because they can do math.
ChompStory

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:25:59 AM

OK
youd think when trying to advertise a 1milllion dollar product sale you would aim the design and graphics at an older audience, it looks like your trying advertise a 1998 quake game.

basically dev is saying: give me 4000btc plz and ill develop it maybe, probs take 3 years, 29btc to the developers 3701btc in my pocket for bahamas etc.
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:32:24 AM

OK
youd think when trying to advertise a 1milllion dollar product sale you would aim the design and graphics at an older audience, it looks like your trying advertise a 1998 quake game.

basically dev is saying: give me 4000btc plz and ill develop it maybe, probs take 3 years, 29btc to the developers 3701btc in my pocket for bahamas etc.

What's he's saying is this project is worth 4k btc but for the basement bargain of 800 btc we'll do it.
It's probably worth a starting mkt cap of 8 btc.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:43:27 AM

Again.

Most of the volume on Bittrex these days is fake. The only way to make any money on icos these days is to buy a cheap one that gets pumped, and even then it's a real rarity. (when was the last prior to Circuits? I can't even remember). A bunch of nonsense for a roadmap and a hugely optimistic goal worked a year and a half ago, now? you gotta be kidding. Stupid money is long gone. Even if 600 self bought coins are thrown at it you still won't come close to 800, the mkt cap will be way to high at the start. People left in this game are still here because they can do math.

I see... you and me are very different how we think about Crypto.

Let's do the math: If the ICO will be a success but with the minimum of 800 BTC it would be at a marketcap of $ 224,000.
Paycoin (and everybody should know it's absolutely worthless) is still and after a constant dropping at $ 457,339  (it was at the high at $150 Mio)

The initial marketcap of R3D would be at place 77. I would say that's absolutely not too expensive for a big project like this.

And sure... it can't be successful if people still focus on nice pictures without any meaning, silly promises instead of unique ideas, worship known pumpers who will give a shit about the project itself etc.... (yes, because you've mentioned CIRC Wink )
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:47:53 AM

Maybe people like you who shit on legit projects in favor of doing crowdsale.io pump and dumps are the real problem with this game. You ever read what you post on threads lately? Support legit projects and become part of the solution instead brony.
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:52:19 AM

Maybe people like you who shit on legit projects in favor of doing crowdsale.io pump and dumps are the real problem with this game. You ever read what you post on threads lately? Support legit projects and become part of the solution instead brony.

Name a legit project I've dumped on. It's all shit and scams, alts are total joke right now. That's why this one sticks out, the money they want for what they are offering is an insult to traders' intelligence.
Do you have any fucking idea just how much real money people have lost and continue to lose on this garbage?
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:31:36 AM

Name a legit project I've dumped on. It's all shit and scams, alts are total joke right now. That's why this one sticks out, the money they want for what they are offering is an insult to traders' intelligence.
Do you have any fucking idea just how much real money people have lost and continue to lose on this garbage?

Yes I do because they keep putting their money into obvious pump and dumps instead of legit projects like this. You dont get it and thats ok. You are free to continue fuding it is what you are good at. Everyone needs a skill.

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:35:02 AM

Imagine if you will spending an hour detailing your thoughts on a cause you believe in only to find out not but a half hour later, the site administrator has removed your content.  Imagine as a site owner, your web host has removed your content due to a violation of their terms and your faithful followers are now left homeless along with all of their content removed.  Do you have recent backups?  Do you have backups at all?  How much was lost due to the ruling of a pseudo-iron fist?

Is this right

so what happens if i make a porno with my girlfriend only for me and my girlfriend to watch
but as time goes on she cheats on me i get pissed off and show it all over R3D how will you remove it
she could go to police but i could say its not me that put it there
now how do i remove it from the blockchain
 i shall tell you how i will take you to court and the creator of R3D will have to shut it down or pay a heavy fine and i mean heavy so much you will kill yourself Wink Wink
 by not being able to remove the content its flawed very dangerous
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:37:22 AM

LOL at the amt of coins vs. valuation.  you'll be lucky to even hit your btc ico whatever target, but like others have said...it's nice you're aiming to be "legit" (assuming here) but with those figures this coin will not move upwards from 100 all that much.  not to mention if you're talking transparency for the money you're talking, there are already a few coins on here that are 100% at that point (i can name them for you if you like), otherwise it's a no-no for you guys in that regard.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:41:49 AM

R3D?  more like R3D AL3RT. 
Sorrowfox

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:00:44 AM

if you think it's a scam, ignore it. If you think it's too expensive, shrug and walk away or keep watching it.. I might not be the brightest fox in the den but I at least know not to put out more than I'm willing/able to lose.. So I bought some. Let's see how this all works out.
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:04:53 AM

Imagine if you will spending an hour detailing your thoughts on a cause you believe in only to find out not but a half hour later, the site administrator has removed your content.  Imagine as a site owner, your web host has removed your content due to a violation of their terms and your faithful followers are now left homeless along with all of their content removed.  Do you have recent backups?  Do you have backups at all?  How much was lost due to the ruling of a pseudo-iron fist?

Is this right

so what happens if i make a porno with my girlfriend only for me and my girlfriend to watch
but as time goes on she cheats on me i get pissed off and show it all over R3D how will you remove it
she could go to police but i could say its not me that put it there
now how do i remove it from the blockchain
 i shall tell you how i will take you to court and the creator of R3D will have to shut it down or pay a heavy fine and i mean heavy so much you will kill yourself Wink Wink
 by not being able to remove the content its flawed very dangerous

From what ive been reading in the project this would be more text based, i mean sure you could like to a picture or a video. and invite people to that link in the site. but if you remove that link then the content is also going to be removed.

The point of not being able to remove anything from the chain is to avoid censorship. And try and help the issue that you outline in the first paragraph.

With unomp slowly rolling out auxpow features, this will be a coin i keep my eye on. not just because of Jared's and Syntak's involvement but due to the well thought out plans, a physical entity being linked to this project. (Jared) which can be held legally accountable for the funds the project is asking for. Ethereum managed to pull in over 30k BTC and they've spent it already on a bunch of trips, speeches, and altcoins as one article claimed. both campaign's have features that are similar although they do have their differences, and to say that asking only 800 btc is too much compared to ethereums outrageous 30k btc, not to mention paycoin which im not even going to get into.

Last line. I will be watching to see how this progresses, and hope that others can see the benefit of this when a concept platform releases in the next few weeks. I cant wait to use it. and have a TON of ideas for integrating this platform already.
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:11:49 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 03:25:29 AM by popcorn1

do you see why google caved in they said they would not remove web sites but now changed there minds
because if they carried on they would of been shut down by the government plus fined to the high hilt Wink Wink
you need to be able to remove content some how or you will be paying fines for the rest of your life

how will they remove the link and who does this
plus if your saying the link can be removed then how does everyone go to your link
 because now your saying the link can be removed.. R3D is not doing what it says on the packet

Imagine if you will spending an hour detailing your thoughts on a cause you believe in only to find out not but a half hour later, the site administrator has removed your content.  Imagine as a site owner, your web host has removed your content due to a violation of their terms and your faithful followers are now left homeless along with all of their content removed.  Do you have recent backups?  Do you have backups at all?  How much was lost due to the ruling of a pseudo-iron fist?

so if link is removed then its not true what your saying above

infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:23:32 AM

do you see why google caved in they said they would not remove web sites but now changed there minds
because if they carried on they would of been shut down by the government plus fined to the high hilt Wink Wink
you need to be able to remove content some how or you will be paying fines for the rest of your life

Well the issue with that is that google is also not open sourced. a physical entity owns and is tied to the service they provide. if R3D launches i assume it will be open sourced. and anyone will be able to work on it. the ICO money being used to pay developers to be able to continue to work on this project. and just like ethereum im sure some of the funds will be used to represent themselves further in crypto. and gain interest from the community, more like ethereum had in the beginning.

What your suggesting is that the dev will be physically tied to this project after it is launched. but after it is launched it will be unstoppable in the way that you would have to takedown every node on the network. not just the developer for creating the project.

Good luck with another fantastic project guys, I hope to see the ICO reach its minimum. and will be doing a small amount of buying myself to test out the system when its released.
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:36:38 AM

Well the issue with that is that google is also not open sourced. a physical entity owns and is tied to the service they provide. if R3D launches i assume it will be open sourced. and anyone will be able to work on it. the ICO money being used to pay developers to be able to continue to work on this project. and just like ethereum im sure some of the funds will be used to represent themselves further in crypto. and gain interest from the community, more like ethereum had in the beginning.

What your suggesting is that the dev will be physically tied to this project after it is launched. but after it is launched it will be unstoppable in the way that you would have to takedown every node on the network. not just the developer for creating the project.

Good luck with another fantastic project guys, I hope to see the ICO reach its minimum. and will be doing a small amount of buying myself to test out the system when its released.
to the devs don.t say who you are because your in for a shit storm in the future Wink Wink
best to keep yourself annom

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: