Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:15:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Altcoin to invest in for 2016 and WHY  (Read 110178 times)
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 09:09:31 AM

If NXT community get their shit together, then I will say:

NXT 2.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 01:23:58 PM

My personal Top 4, i invested many weeks from my leisure to find the best altcoins!

DES
(DES is available on Bittrex now, Dev. has a good progress and one of a kind coding has already been completed, smart contract, Homepage will be released soon)

RBR
(Linux Foundation has partnered with Ribbit for the Hyperledger)

BAY
(First Decentralised Market Release - APRIL 2016)

LISK
(Lisk will maybe replace ETH, a platform for decentralized applications & sidechains written in JavaScript,Dapps)

I agree with you relating to BAY and LISK and you intrigued me about DES Smiley
RBR sounds also interesting. maybe I collect some when they fall below 100 again Tongue

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Alondre

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Quiero mi bocadillo

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 01:27:57 PM

If NXT community get their shit together, then I will say:

NXT 2.0

Lisk because is the best

```
Join the XEL revolution!  XEL - Decentralized Grid-computing
XEL WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | XEL DISCORD | XEL WIKI
```
spassbold

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:27:40 PM

I would pick Gridcoin (GRC), as it is one of the more interesting coins out there.

Gridcoin (GRC) replaces mining with doing research for scientific projects, for example to cure Ebola (http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/research/oet1/overview.do), fold proteins (https://boinc.bakerlab.org/) or find aliens (http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/).

From a user's point of view, he simply has to run simulations from the different projects using the BOINC software (http://boinc.berkeley.edu/). Then the network comes to a consensus, who has contributed how much computing power to BOINC, which can bee seen for example here (http://www.gridresearchcorp.com/gridcoin/?result&t=CPID_Leaderboard). In some blocks this consenus is saved in the blockchain and the reward one gets when staking a block is proportional to how much research was recently done for BOINC by this researcher.

Setting it all up has been quite complicated in the past, but the pool on pool.gridcoin.co has made alle this easier and already has more than 800 active miners/researchers (http://pool.gridcoin.co/rankings)

I also has very active development, here is the main forum: https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/464-gridcoin-grc/
More information and tutorial to set it up here: www.gridcoin.us
 If you are interested visit our IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net:6667/#gridcoin
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:38:23 PM

My personal Top 4, i invested many weeks from my leisure to find the best altcoins!

DES
(DES is available on Bittrex now, Dev. has a good progress and one of a kind coding has already been completed, smart contract, Homepage will be released soon)

RBR
(Linux Foundation has partnered with Ribbit for the Hyperledger)

BAY
(First Decentralised Market Release - APRIL 2016)

LISK
(Lisk will maybe replace ETH, a platform for decentralized applications & sidechains written in JavaScript,Dapps)

i totally agree with you on LISK, it is such a good project and it doesn't have all the FUD like ETH has. and i think it can easily replace eth and push it back.

also i like BAY too, it has a good future ahead of itself.

i wasn't so much into the other two but i make sure to check them out now to see how they are doing.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:51:35 PM

I guess RBR is altcoin good this year, because RBR very much to give me an advantage in the field of trading. it could make a great extra income
SiNeReiNZzz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1043

αLPʜα αɴd ΩMeGa

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 05:18:22 PM

What is in your opinion the best altcoin to invest in for 2016 and why. Pls add why folks.  Cheesy

I'm still in Primecoin XPM, CryptoBullion CBX, and Horizon HZ for longterm. Those have solid reputation and a good base for growth.

*** I do not recommend to invest in any mentioned coins without proper research, how it was launched, how it developed, community involvement, stamina, price history and volume, etc. So do your homework cause you're the only one responsible for your funds.

i think DASH, Ethereum, Lisk, Waves... and MOJOCoin (MOJO) for long term... but the best is you hold your mostly Bitcoins to after the blockhalvening, i think...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
galacticpilgrim

Activity: 163

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:22:06 PM

What is in your opinion the best altcoin to invest in for 2016 and why. Pls add why folks.  Cheesy

I'm still in Primecoin XPM, CryptoBullion CBX, and Horizon HZ for longterm. Those have solid reputation and a good base for growth.

*** I do not recommend to invest in any mentioned coins without proper research, how it was launched, how it developed, community involvement, stamina, price history and volume, etc. So do your homework cause you're the only one responsible for your funds.

i think DASH, Ethereum, Lisk, Waves... and MOJOCoin (MOJO) for long term... but the best is you hold your mostly Bitcoins to after the blockhalvening, i think...

I'll have to agree on these choices also. I am really excited about MOJO, I think it will do well.

Holding BTC right now would be great, except for the fact that there has been so many new things to invest in lately that I'm running lower on BTC than I like...
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 10:16:03 PM

Silkcoin for short term and NEM for long term! Cheesy

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Romanknickl

Activity: 539
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:11:10 PM

RBR - Ribbit Rewards  Grin

Ribbit.Me ‏@RibbitRewards 11. Apr.

Amazing meeting as members of Dubai Global Blockchain Council at the Prime Minister's Office. Great things to come!

Dubai Museum of the Future Foundation organises 2nd Global Blockchain Council meeting

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The participants in the meeting discussed the idea of organising a global Blockchain conference in May which will be attended by Blockchain experts and enthusiasts from around the world.  The activities for the year will also include a Hackathon, which will function as an incubator offering incentives for startups such as job placement tracks and investments. It will also enable participants to connect with innovation managers at other companies. The meeting witnessed considerable interest in the incubator concept with significant support from the members.

The members also expressed keen interest in regulatory aspects related to the Blockchain platform. The Council will study what other countries are doing to regulate Blockchain, and explore the various regulations that can be implemented. The meeting also discussed educational activities and looked at current pilot projects and their framework as well as the role of the Council in these projects. One of the Council’s main objectives is to record and document all the pilot projects’ findings in order to further understand the impact of this technology.

Saif Al Aleeli, CEO of Dubai Museum of the Future Foundation , Founding member of the Global Block Chain Council, said the initiatives launched under the Global Blockchain Council will explore Blockchain and connect with potential investors. The various events and activities will also encourage innovators in this technology and pave the way for regulatory frameworks for efficient and effective use of the Blockchain platform, Al Aleeli added.

“The world is witnessing more interest in Blockchain technology day after day. The last few months witnessed a number of announcements by government entities and financial market regulatory bodies about their intention to adopt this technology taking into consideration its benefits related to increasing the efficiency of the transactions, especially in contracting and registration. This reflects the big increase in digital transactions, recording 56% growth in 2015 alone. The applications of Blockchain technology are not limited to digital currency but it can also be applied to several other applications in different sectors and areas,” Al Aleeli said.

Dubai Museum of the Future Foundation established the Global Blockchain Council to explore and discuss current and future applications and organise transactions through the Blockchain platform which records every transaction made by smart contracts and digital currencies. The Council will highlight the implications of this innovation on the future of business and finance sectors, and its role in facilitating transactions within the various sectors of financial and non-financial sectors as well as to increase efficiency and reliability levels. The council was established as a model to explore the emerging technologies and study their application and their implementations which will help the UAE’s future and position the UAE and Dubai as one of the world’s earliest technology and innovation adapters. The Global Blockchain Council members comprise potential key players in the Blockchain industry, including government entities, international companies, leading UAE banks, free zones, and international Blockchain technology firms.

The second Council meeting was attended by Microsoft, Du, SAP, IBM, Cisco, TECOM, Dubai Holding, Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC), EmirateNBD, Emirates Islamic, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Souq.com, Careem, Mashreq, Wamda, Propertyfinder.com, Kraken, BitOasis, Umbrellab, AstroLabs, YellowPay, Privity FZ LLC, Digitus, Network Int, Vinay Gupta, Smart Dubai Office and Dubai Smart Government, Dubai Silicon Oasis and SquareCircle Tech.

That is the potential what i am talking from Grin
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:51:13 PM

well I would go for a platform with a proven blockchain........ NEM....... I think that this is the first article by a major bank (SBI ) that confirms that its real life ledgers could be replaced by blockchain technology

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.24600        Cool

read the page and get involved guys.......

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
Enotche

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 05:52:35 AM

In my opinion "LISC" best coin 2016. This is a good and responsive support, as well as rapid development.
Unfortunately time Ethereum in my opinion came to an end. Pumping seems to be expected. The hype associated with this coin fell. But at the beginning of its development Ethereum was very attractive coin.

But I think it is too early to draw any conclusions on "best coin of the year", even after half a year and not even passed.
gerb

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 06:17:17 PM

Great info about Lisk, can you share the link where you get it ?
olarsson

Activity: 208

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 06:35:45 PM

Can I get the URL to Lisk Dapp-store? A forumpost stating that Lisk logo was copied from World of Warcraft convinced me not to participate in the Lisk-ICO.
gerb

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 06:40:38 PM

Can I get the URL to Lisk Dapp-store? A forumpost stating that Lisk logo was copied from World of Warcraft convinced me not to participate in the Lisk-ICO.

I think the Lisk Dapp-store will be released until end of this month
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 10:40:46 PM

Whats the big deal about LISK anyway? Its just rebranded Crypti!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
mikewillda

Activity: 219

CTO/Spokesman

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 02:24:45 PM

I think Ethereum is the best coin to invest in 2016. The price will rise further when the development continue.

Never invest more than you can afford to loose.
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:44:45 PM

I think Ethereum is the best coin to invest in 2016. The price will rise further when the development continue.
you are right. ETH prices are also quite expensive, it is promising to invest some portion of the money that we have to coin ETH, I believe that this coin will shine like bitcoin someday
Rune
Legendary

Activity: 1229

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:55:44 PM

Ethereum if you have lots of funds and want to take a risk.

Raiblocks if you want to get in on the ground floor of something potentially to have large growth.
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:53:24 PM

Decred.  

Core developers in the Bitcoin project have left and started a new currency called Decred. Developers are citing a lack of transparency and a conflict of interests between the group that funds the actual Bitcoin software development, and the decisions taken inside the project. Jacob Yocom-Piatt, CEO at Company 0, who has funded development of Bitcoin since early 2013: "This is in part due to a lack of mechanisms and pathways for funding development work directly from the community, and as a result Bitcoin development is funded by external entities that create conflicts of interest between the developers and the representative power of the community that uses Bitcoin."

( quote taken from slashdot.org )

So, other than former Bitcoin devs are involved (and btcsuite devs), it has a great system of funding devs without needing to seek external financing.
It is written from scratch in Go (not reused Bitcoin code), it has many tech innovation such as recreating wallet from seed and a built in system of democratic governance.

I invite you to do some research on it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: