Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:08:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Altcoin to invest in for 2016 and WHY  (Read 110178 times)
TheORBlord

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:54:13 AM

Who are you any way?

See the point is that who we are, is much less valuable (to the community or investors) than what we accomplish.

That you don't know the accomplishments of jl777 is instructive.

That is where you are wrong.
For the community and investors it is very important to know who the creator and devs are and what they accomplish.

jl777 the guy of Supernet right?
Vericoin would be implemented in Supernet right?
Where is the Vericoin price at this moment?

Think about it...just think about.

Like you said we can agree to disagree but credit is due where common sense is applied.

I really think you should have a good look at Startcoin, Digibyte and Guldencoin and ask yourself why these coins achieve the things they have achieved and are still developing in such a quick pace.

I'm sorry but startcoin is a scam with a high supply backed by the scamming shill Max keiser,
just like the rest of his scam coins like Quark..

As for the others I can't comment as not researched.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:03:40 PM

Mt. Gox had retail offices. Everybody knew his name. They even confronted him in front of his offices, all to no avail.

TheORBlord

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:09:38 PM

Mt. Gox had retail offices. Everybody knew his name. They even confronted him in front of his offices, all to no avail.

And then we have BTC-E a company that didn't do all the legal stuff,
yet is still going strong and didn't rob people.

my best exchanges are places like
bleutrade.com
useCryptos.com
leipebarry

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:11:44 PM

Quark and Maxcoin are not created by Max Keiser he just gave them a thumbs up I guess.

Startcoin however is his brainchild and he is the creator of the coin.
50% of the coin is premined indeed, if you have a StartJoin account and you donate or have your coins on that platform you get rewards.
Furthermore the premine is used for development and donating crowdfundprojects.
I personally like it because I can donate to charity and see the updates what is happening.

Guldencoin and Digibyte are 2 coins you really should check out, those are my personal top 2 coins.

http://timeline.guldencoin.com/   you can have a quick look what they have achieved already it is simply amazing
https://www.youtube.com/user/DigiByteCoin/videos  They currently have a video coming up every week with all updates.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:18:51 PM

MtGox

That's kind of a silly argument TPTB.

No one on either side of these debates ever claims there are no counterexamples.

Likewise someone else citing BTC-E as an example later in the thread also proves nothing.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:20:24 PM

MtGox

No one on either side of these debates ever claims there are no counterexamples.

Likewise someone else citing BTC-E as an example later in the thread also proves nothing.

As does whether one is anonymous or not proves nothing too.

Btw, you and the Monero devs are anonymous, and I am not.

Let's see if the law returns 100% of everyone's Mt.Gox stolen wallets (impossible since he was spending on expenses since BTC = $10).

Let's see if the Feds get caught stealing again from what they confiscated.

The world is upside down. Get used to it.

TheORBlord

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:21:44 PM

Quark and Maxcoin are not created by Max Keiser he just gave them a thumbs up I guess.

Startcoin however is his brainchild and he is the creator of the coin.
50% of the coin is premined indeed, if you have a StartJoin account and you donate or have your coins on that platform you get rewards.
Furthermore the premine is used for development and donating crowdfundprojects.
I personally like it because I can donate to charity and see the updates what is happening.

Guldencoin and Digibyte are 2 coins you really should check out, those are my personal top 2 coins.

http://timeline.guldencoin.com/   you can have a quick look what they have achieved already it is simply amazing
https://www.youtube.com/user/DigiByteCoin/videos  They currently have a video coming up every week with all updates.

Sure 50% pre-mine on a high supply shitcoin with no advancements like that,
Then Max gets $3,000,000 in investment from poor sheep to pump his own pre-mine,
well done Max you've done it again...

but I won't be investing in the shit, if he wanted to help crypto his crowdfunding platform would be based on Bitcoin or another currency that was already created, why make a new one? he's a shill.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:24:31 PM

MtGox

As does whether one is anonymous or not proves nothing too.

Btw, you and the Monero devs are anonymous, and I am not.

There two non-anon Monero core team members, five anon.

I mentioned both citing the examples of MtGox (non-anon, scam) and BTC-E (anon, non-scam, so far) as silly arguments.

It is not about the existence of examples, it is about relative risk, both actual and perceived, though in reality "actual" is unobservable so it may not matter, except as a philosophical debate now and a historical debate later.
leipebarry

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:26:29 PM

bleutrade.com
useCryptos.com

Let me help you.

Exchanges and developers of coins are not the same thing.
Just like apples and banana's are not the same , they are fruits but not the same fruit.
Just as an Dev and an Exchange have in common they work with crypto, a Dev is not an Exchange and vise versa

Furthermore you should never have all your coins on an exchange, only the coins you want to trade.
Best thing to do is to have an coldwallet stored on 3 different places.

Mark Karples is not the founder/creator of Mt.Gox that is Jed McCaleb also known als the creator of Ripples and Stellar. Makes you think right  Shocked
But it is a good thing right that we know who Mark Karpeles is, he is probably going to jail and sets the example.
Would be much harder if he was anonymous right  Wink

Also I only trade on exchanges where I know who the creators are and fall under my countries juristiction.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:33:11 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 01:35:35 PM by TPTB_need_war

Is fluffypony non-anon since he appears to be the most prolific dev in terms of the code?

If yes, where can I find all his public identity information, videos, photos, address, etc?

I have shared my Youtube boxing videos, my address (even a photo of my current residence from the outside), and my photos.

I mentioned both citing the examples of both MtGox (non-anon, scam) and BTC-E (anon, non-scam, so far) as silly arguments.

Why silly? The individual wants to judge everything with his eyes. So I give him something he can relate to. This is the way simpletons "think" (by example and what they can relate to, not by abstract conceptualization).

It is not about the existence of examples, it is about relative risk, both actual and perceived, though in reality "actual" is unobservable so it may not matter, except as a philosophical debate now and a historical debate later.

Anonymity or not doesn't seem to correlate with performance.

There are many, many examples of non-anon who have defrauded the community.

If someone refuses to invest in the greatest investment of a lifetime because they don't like anonymous devs, they deserve to lose.

I'm very tempted to go anonymous just so I can make those fools lose.

TheORBlord

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:33:38 PM

bleutrade.com
useCryptos.com

Let me help you.

Just like apples and banana's are not the same , they are fruits but not the same fruit.
Just as an Dev and an Exchange have in common they work with crypto, a Dev is not an Exchange and vise versa

Furthermore you should never have all your coins on an exchange, only the coins you want to trade.

Mark Karples is not the founder/creator of Mt.Gox that is Jed McCaleb also known als the creator of Ripples and Stellar. Makes you think right  Shocked
But it is a good thing right that we know who Mark Karpeles is, he is probably going to jail and sets the example.

Also I only trade on exchanges where I know who the creators are and fall under my countries juristiction.

Stellar dev Jed McCaleb is a big scammer please see this video I made
= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKT9jUeZ4uU

It isn't competition for Orbitcoin as the space reserve currency,, stellar is centralised crap..
ORB is decentralised, open source, peer to peer, and the real space reserve currency!

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:37:42 PM

Let me help you.

Let me teach you a lesson the hard way.

Anonymity or not does seem to correlate with performance.

If someone refuses to invest in the greatest investment of a lifetime because they don't like anonymous devs, they deserve to lose.

I'm very tempted to go anonymous just so I can make those fools lose.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:40:53 PM

Is fluffypony non-anon since he appears to be the most prolific dev in terms of the code?

Yes, his full name is on the web site. I'm not sure who is the most prolific, the stats can be misleading in some ways, but I'm sure he's put a lot of time, effort, and money into the project, without question.

If yes, where can I find all his public identity information, videos, photos, address, etc?

I don't know about his address, although he does have businesses whose addresses may be published (again I'm not sure), but his photos, videos, full name, location (at least country, not sure whether more than that), etc. have all definitely been posted. I think maybe pictures of his wife too, but I'm not sure about that. Same with David Latapie (except the wife).

I don't know whether it correlates or not, and I doubt you do, but individual cherry picked examples do not demonstrate correlation or lack thereof.
leipebarry

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:41:26 PM

bleutrade.com
useCryptos.com

Let me help you.

It isn't competition for Orbitcoin as the space reserve currency,, stellar is centralised crap..
ORB is decentralised, open source, peer to peer, and the real space reserve currency!

I am not saying he is a scammer but I would not touch a coin or project where Jed is involved in.

Furthermore who is the creator/dev of Orbitcoin?
Can you provide a richlist?
POS is the death of every coins did you know that?

If I where you I would get out of that coin really fast!
Or are you a bagholder perhaps?

Only red flags with Orbitcoin  Shocked Shocked Shocked
TheORBlord

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:46:26 PM

bleutrade.com
useCryptos.com

Let me help you.

I am not saying he is a scammer but I would not touch a coin or project where Jed is involved in.

Orbitcoin isn't no copy and paste PoS clone that will have an infinite supply,

it has a set limit of 3.7 million the amount PoS holders can win is 67% of daily mined blocks and POW miners is 34% of daily mined blocks,

So ORB PoS creation is set to the daily mined supply, that's limited at 3.7 million.

Edit, forgot to mention Ghostlander is the current head of development, John Doering one of the most respected developers in the crypto world and creator of the NeoScrypt Algo.
leipebarry

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:50:21 PM

bleutrade.com
useCryptos.com

Let me help you.

it has a set limit of 3.7 million the amount PoS holders can win is 67% of daily mined blocks and POW miners is 34% of daily mined blocks,

So ORB PoS creation is set to the daily mined supply, that's limited at 3.7 million.

Edit, forgot to mention Ghostlander is the current head of development, John Doering one of the most respected developers in the crypto world and creator of the NeoScrypt Algo.

Still no reply regarding:

devs
richlist

You just indirectly told everyone to stay away from Orbitcoin
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:54:36 PM

Yes, his full name is on the web site. I'm not sure who is the most prolific, the stats can be misleading in some ways, but I'm sure he's put a lot of time, effort, and money into the project, without question.

I don't know about his address, although he does have businesses whose addresses may be published (again I'm not sure), but his photos, videos, full name, location (at least country, not sure whether more than that), etc. have all definitely been posted. I think maybe pictures of his wife too, but I'm not sure about that. Same with David Latapie (except the wife).

David doesn't count as far as I am concerned.

Okay so Monero has an advantage and I urge that poster to invest in Cryptonote such a Monero because it is non-anon. Please do it  Wink

And then he will be presented with something superior with an anon dev, and he will refuse to invest. And that will be the perfect lesson for him.

I don't know whether it correlates or not, and I doubt you do, but individual cherry picked examples do not demonstrate correlation or lack thereof.

I don't think non-examples replaced with subjective opinions demonstrate correlation or lack thereof.

Look we are not so dumb here.

We all know it is very easy to identify which projects will be successful. It has nothing to do with anonymity, although sometimes anonymity will be correlated with the signs of failure, e.g. john-conner is anonymous on VanillaCoin and he has been caught doing half-assed white papers, stealing Bitcoin code while representing it as his own original work, etc..

The easy way to identify successful projects is the quality of the technology. Even Ethereum's technology sucked that is why it was easy to see they would fail. The concept was flawed (to have every peer replicate the CPU cost of the runtimes).

I am trying to explain to this hard-headed simpleton that those coins he is so enamored with, they don't have any competitive advantage.

Copycoins are a dime a dozen.

Success will be handed to those coins with a unique technological innovation that fills a large market need. Market needs for cryptocoins have to do with virtual worlds and virtual commerce, not with retail commerce.

You can even see the female in the Digibyte promo video trying to pay for retail clothing item and she can't even figure out how to do it with her smartphone. It is cumbersome, slow, and silly. People will simply pay with cash or atm swipe card. In Hong Kong they already have the Octopus swipe card accepted every where even the McDonalds.

The big frontier is virtual commerce. There is so much virtual commerce that is locked up because we don't have permissionless microtransations.

I am about to present the solution to this. And it will be big time innovation.

So go on with this time wasting crap here, I am out of here now. Wasting time here on nonsense.

TheORBlord

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:56:21 PM

bleutrade.com
useCryptos.com

Let me help you.

Still no reply regarding:

devs
richlist

You just indirectly told everyone to stay away from Orbitcoin

I did reply you got it in the quote lol,
if you wish to meet the full Orbitcoin team do a little research :-)

Mario, aka ORBitcoinLove
Jonathan Weston, aka TheRedMist
John Doering, aka Ghostlander
David N. Brett, aka DNBpools.io
Ammad Khalid support dev

And more, but Orb people are mainly active on Cryptocointalk

I could care less if you invest or not, more for me lol
TheORBlord

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:14:21 PM

And if you want to know who I am?
then check out my stellarcoin is a scam video

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:18:25 PM

I don't think non-examples replaced with subjective opinions demonstrate correlation or lack thereof.

Of course not; as I said we don't know.

I am trying to explain to this hard-headed simpleton that those coins he is so enamored with, they don't have any competitive advantage.

Good luck with that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: