Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:39:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Altcoin to invest in for 2016 and WHY  (Read 110178 times)
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 07:50:35 AM

Monero is going up consistently for two weeks now so I think it would be a good investment. It already surpass the trading volume and price of Etherium and Etherium Classic which has been in the top for a long time and more trader are getting in the game so I think it would continue to go up for now. Factom and Maidsafe Coin is also going up and down in terms of trade volume so I think it would be a good investment also profiting in the fluctuations.
XMR is doing brilliantly, I think the price will not drop, shame I sold most of mine at 0.14 - Im' now mining some more of them to make up for the loss =)

How profitable is CPU mining?

Wish i mined more at the time.
For me its profitable with certain coins but it depends upon your hardware and electricity costs. I have a low power system and GPU, and we will eventually use the profits to get solar panels installed which should increase profits further. I dont calculate too hard as the trading makes the most profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
.m.

Activity: 280
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:12:52 AM

Verium shall be quite profitable as a CPU only mineable.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 02:37:42 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2016, 02:50:04 PM by coins101

Spreadcoin will be adding support for hosting Bitcoin full nodes and then paying people to run them.

First step to add support for Bitcoin is nearly complete:

Next stages will be to create an internal decentralized exchange so that people can get paid in BTC to run full bitocin nodes; and also the launch of Servicenodes which will allow anyone to run a full Bitcoin node while being paid.

The falling numbers of full Bitcoin nodes will continue as the Bitcoin blockchain increases in size towards 1TB over the next 5 years, so paying people to run them will be a logical next step to ensure numbers increase and not decrease risking centralization of mining (already happened) and full nodes which serve data to SPV on mobiles.

Give it your support, as a healthy Bitcoin network will help everyone in crypto.

Some of the people that helped form DASH are now behind Spreadcoin.  If DASH can reach $100m and it wants to compete with Bitcoin, imagine a coin that actually supports Bitcoin - that's a $100m - $200m coin right there.
mike77777

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 02:48:24 PM

LISK and ICONOMI
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 06:10:28 PM

Spreadcoin will be adding support for hosting Bitcoin full nodes and then paying people to run them.

Next stages will be to create an internal decentralized exchange so that people can get paid in BTC to run full bitocin nodes; and also the launch of Servicenodes which will allow anyone to run a full Bitcoin node while being paid.

The falling numbers of full Bitcoin nodes will continue as the Bitcoin blockchain increases in size towards 1TB over the next 5 years, so paying people to run them will be a logical next step to ensure numbers increase and not decrease risking centralization of mining (already happened) and full nodes which serve data to SPV on mobiles.

Give it your support, as a healthy Bitcoin network will help everyone in crypto.

Some of the people that helped form DASH are now behind Spreadcoin.  If DASH can reach $100m and it wants to compete with Bitcoin, imagine a coin that actually supports Bitcoin - that's a $100m - $200m coin right there.
That sounds pretty cool. I'll take a look into that. It would be cool if there was some kind of staking ability in BTC like in other altcoins since there are tons of transactions. Shame all those transaction fees go to the miners.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 07:26:15 PM

Some of the people that helped form DASH are now behind Spreadcoin.  If DASH can reach $100m and it wants to compete with Bitcoin, imagine a coin that actually supports Bitcoin - that's a $100m - $200m coin right there.
That sounds pretty cool. I'll take a look into that. It would be cool if there was some kind of staking ability in BTC like in other altcoins since there are tons of transactions. Shame all those transaction fees go to the miners.
Yes it looks very interesting, surely the number of nodes should be increased but unless they are miners I do not see how these help to network safety, Hummmm!!  wait I had not read that part: full nodes which serve data to SPV on mobiles.That answers the question. In the other hand the  centralization of mining (already happened) it was an inevitable thing or maybe preconceived from the start.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 07:59:56 PM

While it is being built for paying bitcoin full node operators, the mechanism to do that means you can host any coin which uses bitcoins original code. 

You could load your favorite coin into the client and use it as a block explorer for anything.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 09:03:31 PM

Monero is going up consistently for two weeks now so I think it would be a good investment. It already surpass the trading volume and price of Etherium and Etherium Classic which has been in the top for a long time and more trader are getting in the game so I think it would continue to go up for now. Factom and Maidsafe Coin is also going up and down in terms of trade volume so I think it would be a good investment also profiting in the fluctuations.
XMR is doing brilliantly, I think the price will not drop, shame I sold most of mine at 0.14 - Im' now mining some more of them to make up for the loss =)

For me its profitable with certain coins but it depends upon your hardware and electricity costs. I have a low power system and GPU, and we will eventually use the profits to get solar panels installed which should increase profits further. I dont calculate too hard as the trading makes the most profit.

I was referring to mining monero.

I could have done really well if i mined darkcoin at the start but i was too distracted with doge lol

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:04:24 PM

I am keeping track on only one POW coin built for mining and fairness, sure there is some issue as being heavy premined but locked out of exchanges, and its LBC (lbry) it has no official topic on bitcoin talk because their primary goal from the start is being real world usable and they have good plan, most of it can be read at their slack channel

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 06:01:37 AM

I was referring to mining monero.

I could have done really well if i mined darkcoin at the start but i was too distracted with doge lol

Over the last week I've generated 0.8XMR on about 200W power at a hashrate at between 500-700H/s (using i7's), at current price I've generated $9.12 at a cost of around half that. For me its profitable.
.m.

Activity: 280
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:05:08 AM

What do you think about Decred ? I was able to make some profits with PoW and PoS, sold all, waiting.
The price seems to be stable around 1.5 USD, but people say you can have 8% per month with PoS.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

avariahb

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 09:06:31 AM

A very good project for 2016

POSP more secured as POS and relates more gains
New generation ecosystem of blockchains "Multi blockchains"
Dapps
Api's

Website URL : http://cryptotokensico.com/
Bitcointalk : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1600250.msg16074174#msg16074174
White paper  : http://cryptotokensico.com/QuintessenceWP.pdf

Romanknickl

Activity: 539
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 09:48:20 AM

Lisk is a grat buy atp.!

Community forging will be released in 3-5 updates (2-4 weeks/update)

digicoin, he is a Legendary, wrote this in the
Re: LISK price speculation

There are 2 events that I think will have positive impact on price.

+ Community forging: it is the first thing that is promised to release in the roadmap.
+ The first stable version of SDK: a milestone that JavaScript developer are welcomed to start LISK blockchain application development. JavaScript will bring LISK to hundred of thousands JavaScript developers in the world. I can't see any platform that has such an advantage as LISK in this regard

They will come by the end of year. My speculation is that LISK price will be x2 or x3 easily. LISK is more than a cryptocurrency. It is a the first complete general purpose blockchain application platform. Its potential is greater than Ethereum and the like if implemented correctly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lisk/comments/50idv2/mr_2000btc_sell_wall_is_probably_also_mr_500_btc/
A huge player is in Lisk, we will see major rises in the future
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 09:56:03 AM

Lisk is a grat buy atp.!

+ Community forging: it is the first thing that is promised to release in the roadmap.
+ The first stable version of SDK: a milestone that JavaScript developer are welcomed to start LISK blockchain application development. JavaScript will bring LISK to hundred of thousands JavaScript developers in the world. I can't see any platform that has such an advantage as LISK in this regard

They will come by the end of year. My speculation is that LISK price will be x2 or x3 easily. LISK is more than a cryptocurrency. It is a the first complete general purpose blockchain application platform. Its potential is greater than Ethereum and the like if implemented correctly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lisk/comments/50idv2/mr_2000btc_sell_wall_is_probably_also_mr_500_btc/

I'm holding a few LSK, its one of the only coins that I have no sell orders for. Hoping the price will drop a bit first so I can get some speculative buy orders in.
Qasim1234

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 10:19:51 AM

BTCAT i will say to invest in Dubai coin and ADZ coin do your research
Qasim1234

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 10:22:21 AM

Lisk is a grat buy atp.!

I'm holding a few LSK, its one of the only coins that I have no sell orders for. Hoping the price will drop a bit first so I can get some speculative buy orders in.
i don't think but every alt rise with drop of btc so lisk will also i bought lisk at 60  and 70k  after sell mine at 100k but now look it will never back at 100k again
Recoon

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 10:23:21 AM

Right now I am in Moreno and more I learn about this project the more I love it. This is best anon coin and have chance to cast a shadow on on DASH very soon. SDC is already down so there is no real competition. I am watching many other projects but so far this is best one.
Romanknickl

Activity: 539
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 11:28:34 AM

Lisk is a grat buy atp.!

i don't think but every alt rise with drop of btc so lisk will also i bought lisk at 60  and 70k  after sell mine at 100k but now look it will never back at 100k again

[–]MaxKKLisk CEO 2 Punkte vor einer Stunde (on REDDIT) 05.09.2016  13:00

2 days ago we released a new version.
    1 day ago we started to accept questions for our technical meeting.
    This week we will release 0.4.0 to the testnet which comes with major improvements again.
    This week we get about $100k for ongoing operations.

"""it will never back at 100k again""", seriously?!
look ath ETH; XMR; SYS;.......

The only question is when the huge rise will come, you can buy up or down, you will win in the future imo.
I bought many LSK at the 44k range, I read a lot about Lisk, seriously LSK could be the next BIG thing, don't forget Charles Hoskinson the advisors
numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:21:38 PM

The best alt coins to invest for 2016 of course goes to XMR (Monero), couple months ago, it was around 190-300k sats, then rise to @700k some weeks ago, and now it's at @0.02 btc (it was reached 0.025 btc).
memequiserle

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 04:27:48 PM

best altcoin is your self much take profit
not another people only you make take much profit with coin

so not adivice about altcoin the best investment becauce every person diference is can take profit with altcoin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: