Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:21:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Altcoin to invest in for 2016 and WHY  (Read 110178 times)
BTCat (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:30:43 PM

Conciddering the amount of views of the 2015 version: Read 43317 times, we can see that it has some interest.

I do not recommend to invest in any of these mentioned coins without proper research, how it was launched, how it developed, community involvement, stamina, price history and volume, etc.

Mentioning some coins that someone likes does not hurt anyone, if you don't like to follow it then don't, simple as that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:40:57 PM

Coins who advertise here have usually no other way to advertise and spread the word, newbies be aware indeed.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 10:13:33 PM

Conciddering the amount of views of the 2015 version: Read 43317 times, we can see that it has some interest.

I do not recommend to invest in any of these mentioned coins without proper research, how it was launched, how it developed, community involvement, stamina, price history and volume, etc.

Mentioning some coins that someone likes does not hurt anyone, if you don't like to follow it then don't, simple as that.

That is a fair post and I agree. I do not follow these threads. I only wanted to interject a warning to the less informed.

Any of us that have hung around here for a while are aware of what goes on in altcoin world. Do we really need to open another door to shills? They can keep the shilling in their respective ANN threads afaic.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
MrZillion

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Mundus Ex Plurimum

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 10:41:19 PM

Interesting question indeed. As to the comments here, best to do your own research and follow some guidelines.

Look for coins with an active community, a responsive developer and continued improvements on the coin, wallet, nodes or anything else that's new. Making money is good, but not always the best deciding element. Innovation is mostly key. Take your time to research the history of the coin.

Look for coins with upward trending graphs, some decent market cap and above all: continued trading. Add a small spread, strong buying power and you should be good.

If you want an explanation of those terms, PM me and I'll be happy to elaborate:)

==============================================================================================================
Creators of the ZillionGRID 3.0 **** Mundus Ex Plurimum: World of Plenty **** www.ZillionCoin.com ****  TELEGRAM **** TWITTER **** Crex24 Exchange
==============================================================================================================
High Plains Drifter

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

"The fish rots from the head first"

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:47:57 PM

Best altcoin in 2016?  Whichever one the Chinese are going to pump

Believe in the Shield!
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:09:16 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2015, 04:25:27 AM by TPTB_need_war

Look for coins with an active community, a responsive developer and continued improvements on the coin, wallet, nodes or anything else that's new. Making money is good, but not always the best deciding element. Innovation is mostly key. Take your time to research the history of the coin.

Look for coins with upward trending graphs, some decent market cap and above all: continued trading. Add a small spread, strong buying power and you should be good.

Solid advice, except the upward trending graph and low spreads doesn't always tell you the ideal time to buy. If you are only in it for short-term speculation, then use technical analysis at your peril. I'd prefer to recommend that investors look for an altcoin that is totally unique and has the capability to beat Bitcoin. Then buy for a no-brainer long-term investment, because you know the fundamental value. I feel very strongly such an altcoin will appear over the next months and it will stand head & shoulders above everything else.

I've bolded what I think are the high priority suggestions in your post.

I will also add that the coin should be able to prove mathematically that it was fairly launched.

I will also suggest that expropriation will begin in Europe accelerating after September and into full contagion in 2016, worsening further in 2017. So anonymity is going to be much more important feature than it is considered now.

I also suggest the decentralized scaling of the block chain and provable resistance against 51% attack and censorship will be a very important feature that afaik no existing crypto-coin has.

Disclaimer: I am formerly prolific user AnonyMint and thus I have a vested interest in strong, three letter agency middle finger anonymity and permission-less (censorship-proof) commerce. My real name is on this page of AnonyMint's archives.

BTCat (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:51:07 AM

Coins who advertise here have usually no other way to advertise and spread the word, newbies be aware indeed.

All these warnings are fair conciddering the amount of failed coins and black holes your money can get lost in. 'Innovation' is important but when it is used as a coverup or marketed as a major sellingpoint you should dig a little deeper in the true intentions of the developers. Past year this seems to be a strategy because they wanted to look more serious. How many IPO's launched with a great idea to develop and then did not deliver anything ... Indeed, use your brains to select your coins.

But people also should concidder there are plenty of good projects out there. Past half year there is a huge increase in interest from serious people on all levels of societies and all around the world. Blockchain tech and Bitcoin is booming and there are very talented people experimenting and developing incredible things. Don't close your eyes to those projects because of failure or bad intentions from others.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:41:48 PM

How many IPO's launched with a great idea to develop and then did not deliver anything ...

Don't invest in plans and vaporware. Invest in finished projects with polished white papers and explanations that n00bs can understand. And a client that n00bs can operate with one click of the mouse.

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:39:39 PM

All these warnings are fair conciddering the amount of failed coins and black holes your money can get lost in. 'Innovation' is important but when it is used as a coverup or marketed as a major sellingpoint you should dig a little deeper in the true intentions of the developers. Past year this seems to be a strategy because they wanted to look more serious. How many IPO's launched with a great idea to develop and then did not deliver anything ... Indeed, use your brains to select your coins.

But people also should concidder there are plenty of good projects out there. Past half year there is a huge increase in interest from serious people on all levels of societies and all around the world. Blockchain tech and Bitcoin is booming and there are very talented people experimenting and developing incredible things. Don't close your eyes to those projects because of failure or bad intentions from others.

I agree with you again.

Here lies the problem: How to tell the vaporware/scam/plan from a legitimate project?  Fancy website, impressive whitepaper, and youtube videos are not reliable. Scammers are smart.

The best defense is NOT buying into IPO/ICO and anything premined for starters.

Time is your best tool. Wait and watch. Legitimate projects will pass the test of time, have responsive developers and communities, and show progress. Scams and vaporware are normally sniffed out fairly early.

I'm sure most have noticed the rekindled interest in old coins over the last few months. People are getting smarter.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:26:54 AM

Which is why TPTB_needs war, bitcoin is still valuable in a fin collapse despite non-anonymity. As long as it is an accessible asset class, that is enough for panic clamor.

Agreed. I am thinking that a serious anonymous altcoin with a $1 million market cap is going to see much higher rates of appreciation than Bitcoin with a $billion marketcap.

Some people are going to want both the private asset and for it to truly be private. The majority may go for Bitcoin first, but with 1% of the people choosing the more private asset, then with 0.1% ratio of market caps, then the smaller cap should have 10X greater appreciation.

It is simple mathematics.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:31:35 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 02:11:02 AM by TPTB_need_war

Here lies the problem: How to tell the vaporware/scam/plan from a legitimate project?  Fancy website, impressive whitepaper, and youtube videos are not reliable. Scammers are smart.

The best defense is NOT buying into IPO/ICO and anything premined for starters.

Time is your best tool. Wait and watch. Legitimate projects will pass the test of time, have responsive developers and communities, and show progress. Scams and vaporware are normally sniffed out fairly early.

If the developer is astute, he will make sure substance is demonstrated BEFORE the IPO/ICO. And he will make sure the communication and explanations of the technology are clearly explained so that an n00b can appreciate the substance. That means no IPO/ICO without a launch of the actual working code and network.

With sufficiently detailed explanation in laymen's terms that isn't just clever, unspecific bullshit, the word should quickly get around and the market will react accordingly.

For example, most of the anonymous coins talk about some "magic" and go into some unspecific bullshit to make you think this magic is the best thing since sliced bread. But they don't really tell you how it works (with some mathematical provable justification) such that a layman could appreciate if it is serious technological advance. And they don't contrast it in detail against all the other anonymous coin offerings in language comprehensible to a n00bs. Thus you the n00b how no clue as to what is real and better.

Cryptonote is a very important technological improvement that is superior to all the off chain anonymity methods for very specific reasons, but no where prominently on Monero's website will you find that simple explanation for n00bs. These people don't have a clue as to how to do marketing.

Then for some other anonymous coins, you see very slick marketing that is entirely void of specific details on the technology. Your bullshit meter should be flashing red.

Ethereum is another coin where the bullshit meter should be flashing caution yellow, because although it has very talented developers, they have serious fundamental issues that they never really solved and just put bandaids on to get the thing launched. Even in recent months they were still trying to decide on what proof-of-work hash to use. If it does well at launch, expect it to peak and then a selloff at some point as it sinks in that it doesn't really have a market use case which can justify the huge market cap it inherited from the vaporware IPO. I could be wrong, but it looks like complexity without a clear market to me.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:51:14 AM

i read the comments but so far i don't like any of the suggestions

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 06:52:26 AM

I would still say Ripple is the best to invest in.
vaporware asset wizard

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:20:20 AM

ethereum is inside the tent pissing out (corp coin)

monero is outside the tent pissing in (independent)

nxt is taking a dump (distribution blues for a while longer)

all three worth a few bob
tonycamp

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:59:19 AM

besides the bit coin i would say ltc and doge its very common to get this ones to be even higher number and price per unit next year and if btc rises a bit too this its going to be a good year for digital currency

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● REGISTER NOW and GET 1000 DOGE for FREE!  >>
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:00:43 AM

Isn't altcoin investments a dice roll more than anything? Pick a few coins that look good and go all in will yield similar results to putting research into everything. Especially with FUD posted to encourage pumps/dumps you just never know.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:40:14 AM

As far as I'm concerned, the ongoing fascination with the 'anonymous' features of currencies like Dash and Monero is holding the crypto community back. If you really want a private asset then don't have one that can't function without the internet. When more people awaken to how institutions have been abusing them and will keep on doing so, they are more likely to get angry and shove it in people's faces that they are getting on board with something new. So something like Potcoin could be a dark horse that takes a big market share sometime in the future. This whole 'We want a revolution but we don't want to show our faces' movement has had its moment and died on the vine. The next phase, and one far more effective in instigating change, could be fuelled by Joe Citizen angry when he realizes that the FDA has known that cannabis slows tumor growth since the 70s, while corporate powers are secretly getting behind tech that they know accelerates tumor growth, like microwave radiation.

Tell that to the man who is sticking the big RED, WHITE, and BLUE expropriation dick up your ass in 2017 forward.

Smart money likes to silently get around the big dick.

The riots and pitch forks are for the masses who are enticed into for example supporting Napoleon as their savior who then enslaves them anew.

This is not a fascination. It will be a movement that will totally change the internet, the economy, and the world.

The world will not tolerate shutting down the internet, because it is driving all the profit now as we move towards a zero margin economy for mass produced manufacturing.

We can hide our data in encryption and anonymous mixes. When the government is destroying the economy, the people have no choice but to move to what still functions.

Don't forget, even the people in the government want to hide their ill gotten wealth also, so they will silently support an anonymous internet while publicly attacking it.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:43:06 AM

Isn't altcoin investments a dice roll more than anything? Pick a few coins that look good and go all in will yield similar results to putting research into everything. Especially with FUD posted to encourage pumps/dumps you just never know.

Don't you wish you had sold that pizza for 10,000 bitcoins.

Greatness always requires some risk.

The greatest have confidence, because they put in the hard work and they know the substance they have created, e.g. Michael Jordan practiced longer and harder than every one else. Ditto Kobe.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:59:31 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 03:09:49 PM by TPTB_need_war

I hope all of you have reviewed my posts in the kLee's PnF thread in the Economics -> Speculation forum.

You will find there people who will verify that I have predicted all of the major moves of the BTC price since the top last 2013. For example, I predicted the $315 top recently for the bounce exactly. And I made that prediction back in May when we were loitering in the low $200s.

You might also view my prescient public prediction for silver back in 2010 predicting the rise from $26 to $48 by March to May 2011 and then a fall to $26:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article23786.html

I am able to do this by understanding very well both group psychology and more importantly because I understand Martin Armstrong's $1 billion supercomputer model of the history of the world, which for example predicted the closing price of oil at $54 for Dec. 31, 2014, back when oil was $100. I distinctly remember reading his blog back in August 2012 when the DJIA was correcting back below 12,000 and he predicted a steady rise from there to a possible double or triple. He also said that if it topped @ 18,000 in 2015, then that would be the sign that the USA stock markets had phase shifted (from being a public asset such as sovereign bonds) and aligned with private assets (such as gold, collectibles, Bitcoin). The point being that private assets peaked in 2011 (Bitcoin 2013 because it was playing catch up) and they will make their lows as the liquidity crisis accelerates and the final move into the short-end of the yield curve for bonds in Europe this October.

So gold, Bitcoin, and altcoins will be making their lows this coming spring 2016. This is 100% certain.

Expect gold to drop to < $700 ($680), Bitcoin will drop to double-digits again, and altcoins will be demolished fall to perhaps 1/5 their current prices.

So do NOT buy altcoins now. You want to be selling everything and moving to $dollars and wait.

As the Europe crisis accelerates this September - January, cash will be king. Japan will follow for its final leg down on its 26 year crisis culmination.

All over the world, capital is going to be stampeding into the $dollar and then USA stocks as safe haven. By 2017.9, we will see the DJIA double in price.

Private assets such as Bitcoin and gold, will get sold off severely because the shorts will pile on once they smell blood. The bottom will be reached by short covering, not by bulls. The bulls will be exhausted and have lost most of their capital by selling at the lows (which is what always happens to delusional fools who believe in an investing GOD as if BITGOD is something that can disobey the normal laws of investing).

I am telling you this because I want you to reserve some $dollar cash, so that you will be able to buy BTC and any world changing altcoin in Spring 2016 and become incredibly wealthy.

Ignore my warning at your peril!

...Looks like week of Aug 10 will ensue the big sell off in gold (and probably also Bitcoin):

Originally posted on MA's blog 20th July.

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35149

Well, here we almost are. Let's see if anything happens.

KennyTheMartian

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 04:25:00 AM

I hope all of you have reviewed my posts in the kLee's PnF thread in the Economics -> Speculation forum.

You will find there people who will verify that I have predicted all of the major moves of the BTC price since the top last 2013. For example, I predicted the $315 top recently for the bounce exactly. And I made that prediction back in May when we were loitering in the low $200s.

You might also view my prescient public prediction for silver back in 2010 predicting the rise from $26 to $48 by March to May 2011 and then a fall to $26:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article23786.html

I am able to do this by understanding very well both group psychology and more importantly because I understand Martin Armstrong's $1 billion supercomputer model of the history of the world, which for example predicted the closing price of oil at $54 for Dec. 31, 2014, back when oil was $100. I distinctly remember reading his blog back in August 2012 when the DJIA was correcting back below 12,000 and he predicted a steady rise from there to a possible double or triple. He also said that if it topped @ 18,000 in 2015, then that would be the sign that the USA stock markets had phase shifted (from being a public asset such as sovereign bonds) and aligned with private assets (such as gold, collectibles, Bitcoin). The point being that private assets peaked in 2011 (Bitcoin 2013 because it was playing catch up) and they will make their lows as the liquidity crisis accelerates and the final move into the short-end of the yield curve for bonds in Europe this October.

So gold, Bitcoin, and altcoins will be making their lows this coming spring 2016. This is 100% certain.

Expect gold to drop to < $700 ($680), Bitcoin will drop to double-digits again, and altcoins will be demolished fall to perhaps 1/5 their current prices.

So do NOT buy altcoins now. You want to be selling everything and moving to $dollars and wait.

As the Europe crisis accelerates this September - January, cash will be king. Japan will follow for its final leg down on its 26 year crisis culmination.

All over the world, capital is going to be stampeding into the $dollar and then USA stocks as safe haven. By 2017.9, we will see the DJIA double in price.

Private assets such as Bitcoin and gold, will get sold off severely because the shorts will pile on once they smell blood. The bottom will be reached by short covering, not by bulls. The bulls will be exhausted and have lost most of their capital by selling at the lows (which is what always happens to delusional fools who believe in an investing GOD as if BITGOD is something that can disobey the normal laws of investing).

I am telling you this because I want you to reserve some $dollar cash, so that you will be able to buy BTC and any world changing altcoin in Spring 2016 and become incredibly wealthy.

Ignore my warning at your peril!

...Looks like week of Aug 10 will ensue the big sell off in gold (and probably also Bitcoin):

Originally posted on MA's blog 20th July.

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35149

Well, here we almost are. Let's see if anything happens.

Stop fudding, you sound slightly cray cray

[XMR] Monero
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: