Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:06:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Altcoin to invest in for 2016 and WHY  (Read 110178 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 09:51:59 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 10:27:39 AM by TPTB_need_war

Digibyte

Has $250,000 investment and is spending it on Chinese programmers in Hong Kong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRull_S1RW0 (see them in the office)

http://www.digibyte.co/content/digibyte-faqs

1st coin to fork to multi-algorithm mining (Most fair distribution).
With 5 unique algos & independent difficulties a 51% attack is significantly mitigated and becomes much harder to carry out.
1st coin to develop & implement DigiShield (asymmetrical difficulty adjustment).
30 second blocks are better for merchants transactions.
Professional & dedicated development team since launch on Jan. 10th 2014.
Strategic long term road-map & vision alongside pending global corporate partnerships.
1:1000 ratio with Bitcoin, better for micro transactions.

No white paper can be found.

It claims 1 - 3 second network propagation which is no big deal. 0-conf security is not improved which is the only reason you use 1 - 3 second propagation.

30 second blocks have a much increased orphan rate and this will likely cause problems. Orphaned chains can cause a 0-conf retail transaction to be revoked thus merchant loses the money.

5 hash algos for mining doesn't make a coin more resistant against 51% attack. That has been refuted extensively. X11 has 11 mining hashes. Why did they regress then?  Roll Eyes

The rest of what they claim is also just marketing bullshit.

In short, another Copycoin with marketing fluff on top. Do you n00bs need a cherry and candles on top to convince you to lose your money?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:03:22 AM

Startcoin.

In their own words...

StartCOIN has been 50% pre-mined

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:09:35 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 10:20:57 AM by TPTB_need_war

Guldencoin

Afaics, this coin's only claimed new feature is "Delta" a claimed faster difficulty adjustment:

https://docs.guldencoin.com/coin/specifications/

Oh Whoopie Doo! I almost wet my pants.

Copycoin.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:16:23 AM

I believe Orbitcoin (ORB) the future space reserve currency

Of course you do...

It works a little like a Pyramid scheme, yet one that can never fail or be a scam because you alone control your funds, and it works on a totally decentralised open source peer to peer system.

This is simple maths but effective, so after you get your coins tell ten friends to do the same and you can all retire early together.

...preying on retirees who have a fixed (and declining) income is so very ethical.

kralkral

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:20:33 AM

Don´t know what to buy in 2016.

But now. I would like to buy Transfer (TX) .
No ipo, no premine, only pow/pos.
Working MN, TOR (wallet).....
Not on big exchange yet!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1150229.0

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:24:33 AM

BitcoinXT. It has great growth potential and can reach parity with BTC, in addition by using it you will have a slight chance for doubling your BTC holdings instantly by double spending it on the XT network Smiley.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:28:18 AM

BitcoinXT. It has great growth potential and can reach parity with BTC, in addition by using it you will have a slight chance for doubling your BTC holdings instantly by double spending it on the XT network Smiley.

ROFL. /thread

leipebarry

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:29:42 AM

Guldencoin: http://timeline.guldencoin.com/
Digibyte: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86CVAVr99-I  
Startcoin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ojuptAXUts

enough said these 3 coins show development and real life use as a currency.

:)Startcoin 50% premine wich is being used to to promote StartJoin, funding projects and rewarding users on the platform. Everything can be followed on the blockchain

:)Guldencoin seriously? Just check the timeline dude buying gold, silver, food, clothes etc etc.

:)Digibyte well the devs of Digibyte are known and it is seen they are developing. Buy food and clothes with digibyte, just saying/

Who are the NXT devs by the way?  Huh
Where can I buy clothes and food with NXT?  Cry
Can I do a crowdfund with NXT?  Embarrassed

Thank you  Grin

p.s.

Let me get this straight you want to have a coin like NXT that has no use in real life?
Do you want my marbles?  Grin
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:36:05 AM

But now. I would like to buy Transfer (TX) .

My reaction...

Ful automated TOR client in wallet.

Masternodes

I explained those two as not being desireable features yesterday in my posts:

Well it is pointless (for Shadow and Monero) if it is based on I2P because I2P is no protection against the NSA. It has worse flaws than Tor. And when the NSA decides it is time to bust up I2P hidden services, they can easily do it.

There is a fundamental flaw in the way these anonymity networks publish the route to the hidden service. Await a future white paper for details and a proposed solution.

Edit: I just read at Shadow's Market place FAQ that it will reply on Tor or I2P. So the claim of it being anonymous (against the NSA) is bullshit.

I started discussing I2P on page 21 and the discussion continued until at least page 24 of the thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1049048.msg11842826#msg11842826

Re: the masternode discussion on page 6 of this thread, the fundamental problem with masternodes is they are not dumb intermediaries (i.e. as in the end-to-end principle that guides the design of internet protocols) and thus they can violate expected behavior. And example is their use in 0-conf transactions:

https://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/241012134

http://vanillacoin.net/papers/zerotime.pdf

Quote from: john-conner
While we appreciate the
InstantX[3] technology it suffers several major weaknesses in that it is a
centralized 3rd party approach vulnerable to collusion attacks, uses a 1st
generation approach to P2P network routing that yields both a limited horizon and
overall limited scalability

I have been designing a 0-conf, fully scalable consensus network that doesn't have the flaws of VNL's zerotime nor the masternode problem. One of the key epiphanies was making nodes dumb intermediaries where it is impossible for them to cheat.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:39:09 AM

:)Startcoin 50% premine wich is being used to to promote StartJoin, funding projects and rewarding users on the platform. Everything can be followed on the blockchain

:)Guldencoin seriously? Just check the timeline dude buying gold, silver, food, clothes etc etc.

:)Digibyte well the devs of Digibyte are known and it is seen they are developing. Buy food and clothes with digibyte, just saying/

Let me get this straight you want to have a coin like NXT that has no use in real life?

Well getting some point-of-sale use perhaps seems impressive to you (not to me), but in my opinion that isn't really what is driving crypto-currency (not very convenient or advantageous for that application). I already stated upthread "anonymity, decentralization, ease of access" are my opinion of what is driving cryptoland.

I respect your right to disagree.

Just because you can't see me programming in my bedroom with nearly no cost overhead, doesn't mean I am not more productive than all those Chinese programmers combined.  Wink  Tongue

I wasn't arguing for Nxt. I responded upthread stating that I know jl777 is still coding every day.

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:46:43 AM

Who are the NXT devs by the way?  Huh

Go here: http://188.166.98.134/developers/contact-to-developers/ and ask them.

Where can I buy clothes and food with NXT?  Cry

Theoretically on the NXT Marketplace... it you are happy with NXT T-shirts, NXT muffins, maybe with some maple syrup Smiley.

Can I do a crowdfund with NXT?  Embarrassed

Yes, you can on the NXT AE.
leipebarry

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:01:16 AM

Who is jl777?  Huh exactly All red flags in the air!

NXT and ease of acces?  Undecided I really think you should ask a random person on the street what he thinks about NXT and ease of acces. It is simply not user friendly.

Who is the creator of nxt?  Huh

NXT marketplace, NXT AE really? are you serious?  Huh
People find a cumbersome way of just creating a NXT account let alone go on the marketplace or AE.

TPTB_need_war so you are a programmer for NXT tell me who are you or do you want to stay anonymous and why?

Just like I said Guldencoin, Digibyte and Startcoin.
My 2,5 year tip for you?

1 Bitcoin
1000 Startcoin
100.000 Guldencoin
1.000.000 Digibyte

Seriously sell your NXT and join the above.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:13:22 AM

Who are you any way?

See the point is that who we are, is much less valuable (to the community or investors) than what we accomplish.

That you don't know the accomplishments of jl777 is instructive.

TheORBlord

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:30:06 AM

I believe Orbitcoin (ORB) the future space reserve currency

Of course you do...

It works a little like a Pyramid scheme, yet one that can never fail or be a scam because you alone control your funds, and it works on a totally decentralised open source peer to peer system.

This is simple maths but effective, so after you get your coins tell ten friends to do the same and you can all retire early together.

...preying on retirees who have a fixed (and declining) income is so very ethical.

Lets see Orbitcoin is up over 400% already...
have I been telling people to invest in the wrong fund? I think Not.

I believe Delboy says it best.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:33:17 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 12:00:27 PM by TPTB_need_war

Two clarifications to my prior two posts.

1. For Transfer, my opinion is that adding I2P or Tor creates a false sense of security if the activities you are hiding including anything that is of interest to authorities (tax, criminal, civil law, regulatory law, national security, etc).

2. For Digibyte, what I am trying to to convey he may do himself a disservice by judging everything according to old world norms:

• retail use
  • visible offices
  • visible devs

In my opinion, those attributes are antiquated and irrelevant now. And he will likely miss out on the huge gains in cryptoland due to his myopia. I feel strongly enough about this to stand my ground on my opinion. Again I respect his right to disagree.

Although he has a right to his emotional or historical attachment to the brick&mortar economy, I (as AnonyMint and other usernames) have for the past 3 years been writing about the end of the industrial age and the fledgling Knowledge Age.

In the 1980s, I had such a small startup company with physical office, Neocept Inc., 547 Constitution Ave Unit A, Camarillo, California, USA.. And we produced physical packaging for our software and shipped it via UPS every day. I had a warehouse in the back and offices in the front.

But that changed ever since the internet. I did CoolPage.com (a $million business from 1998 to 2006) all myself working from a Nipa Hut in the Philippines.

I think some people are stuck in a timewarp. It is like I am 20 years ahead of them.

Regarding Digibyte's Chinese programmers, I tried to hire a Chinese cryptographer from Hong Kong and he demanded too high of a price considering his very terse communications. I ended up instead with a PhD in Math from the USA for the same cost. He didn't understand the concept of working virtually and taking some coins as compensation as a motivation for good performance. The Chinese have not yet made the transition from the tangible economy. They are learning but are behind in some respects especially in entrepreneurial software development.

When I worked at Fractal Design Corp from 1993 & 1995 (on what is now Corel Painter...the software that shipped in a paint can), we did hire a Chinese programmer (grew up in the USA) and she was able to become productive quite rapidly (but not as rapidly as myself, when I fixed the printer driver code on my first day of employment). I was teaching her how to hunt down bugs in complex code, and she went on to become the most prolific bug fixer after I left. But I doubt very much she would have invented new technology or gone off on her own to do an entrepreneurial high risk creative endeavor.

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:43:34 AM

Who is jl777?  Huh exactly All red flags in the air!

NXT and ease of acces?  Undecided I really think you should ask a random person on the street what he thinks about NXT and ease of acces. It is simply not user friendly.

Who is the creator of nxt?  Huh

NXT marketplace, NXT AE really? are you serious?  Huh
People find a cumbersome way of just creating a NXT account let alone go on the marketplace or AE.

You know, red flag is something like devs promising stuff (optionally taking money for the development) but not delivering. jl777 and the rest of the NXT devs are keep delivering.
Could you tell me please what causing difficulties for you with the NXT client?
TheORBlord

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:45:43 AM

Two clarifications to my prior two posts.

1. For Transfer, my opinion is that adding I2P or Tor creates a false sense of security if the activities you are hiding including anything that is of interest to authorities (tax, criminal, civil law, regulatory law, national security, etc).

2. For Digibyte, what I am trying to to convey he may do himself a disservice by judging everything according to old world norms:

• retail use
  • visible offices
  • visible devs

In my opinion, those attributes are antiquated and irrelevant now. And he will likely miss out on the huge gains in cryptoland due to his myopia. I feel strongly enough about this to stand my ground on my opinion. Again I respect his right to disagree.

Although he has a right to his emotional or historical attachment to the brick&mortar economy, I (as AnonyMint and other usernames) have for the past 3 years been writing about the end of the industrial age and the fledgling Knowledge Age.

In the 1980s, I had such a small startup company with physical office, Neocept Inc., 547 Constitution Ave Unit A, Camarillo, California, USA.. And we produced physical packaging for our software and shipped it via UPS every day. I had a warehouse in the back and offices in the front.

But that changed ever since the internet. I did CoolPage.com (a $million business from 1998 to 2006) all myself working from a Nipa Hut in the Philippines.

I think some people are stick stuck in a timewarp. It is like I am 20 years ahead of them.

Haha well seems I can agree with you on some things  Grin
but I will add that in my opinion old world services do add some value..

However its meaningless if you support a crapcoin will a supply as bad as Fiat, bitcoin was the first and only has a 21 million limit for a reason.

The reason is each coin can be divided in to 100 million parts, why because the price per coin is meant to go up not down lol

Why these crap coins with billions in supply can still be divided in to 100 million parts I've no idea lol,
that's why I invest in rare supply currencies like Orbitcoin 3.7 million coins, and bitcoin 21 million coins.
leipebarry

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:46:38 AM

Who are you any way?

See the point is that who we are, is much less valuable (to the community or investors) than what we accomplish.

That you don't know the accomplishments of jl777 is instructive.

That is where you are wrong.
For the community and investors it is very important to know who the creator and devs are and what they accomplish.

jl777 the guy of Supernet right?
Vericoin would be implemented in Supernet right?
Where is the Vericoin price at this moment?

Think about it...just think about.

Like you said we can agree to disagree but credit is due where common sense is applied.

I really think you should have a good look at Startcoin, Digibyte and Guldencoin and ask yourself why these coins achieve the things they have achieved and are still developing in such a quick pace.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:50:01 AM

I really think you should have a good look at Startcoin, Digibyte and Guldencoin and ask yourself why these coins achieve the things they have achieved and are still developing in such a quick pace.

I stand by my assessment. Copycoins that will die. I can 99% guarantee it.

There will only be a few coins that survive and they will have to be very unique, meaning technology the other coins don't do.

As for the anonymity of the devs, well I am not anonymous. Everybody knows I am Shelby Moore. And I even gave my prior business address above.

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 11:52:19 AM

1 Bitcoin
1000 Startcoin
100.000 Guldencoin
1.000.000 Digibyte

Seriously sell your NXT and join the above.

That would be plain stupid. Also, you can use NXT from your browser. It si as difficult as logging in to Facebook

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: