Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:55:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario  (Read 198636 times)
oldschool

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 01:47:17 PM

Theymos, can you tell us whether you control the ~675 BTC currently in GBLSE address 1FX22c76vybHJSJdCCjKHDHhcMDhDX87nw, or if Nefario does (or none of the above)?

I am seeing conflicting information.

I hold ~800 BTC in "anonymous" user funds. It doesn't belong to anyone in particular. If I had the GLBSE user database, I would send this BTC proportionally to all GLBSE users.

Nefario has, I would guess, 4000-8000 user BTC in total.

MtGox had a ~9000btc volume spike in one hour yesterday, I'd say Nefario has 90k USD not 8000BTC

EDIT: I guess it would be 55k GBP
k3t3r

Activity: 183

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 01:48:40 PM

Theymos, can you tell us whether you control the ~675 BTC currently in GBLSE address 1FX22c76vybHJSJdCCjKHDHhcMDhDX87nw, or if Nefario does (or none of the above)?

I hold ~800 BTC in "anonymous" user funds. It doesn't belong to anyone in particular. If I had the GLBSE user database, I would send this BTC proportionally to all GLBSE users.

MtGox had a ~9000btc volume spike in one hour yesterday, I'd say Nefario has 90k USD not 8000BTC

based on what evidence?
oldschool

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 02:04:09 PM

based on what evidence?

What evidence for the phrase "I'd say"?  My thoughts and opinions.  I don't need "evidence" to say my opinion and speculation.

My evidence that he is scamming everyone?  A friend tried to "invest" ~150BTC and wasn't able to because of an error with the website, emailed Nefario who responded that he "fixed" the problem and try and send again.... 5 minutes later the website was shutdown with the index page replaced.  Looks like my friend had the unfortunate experience of sending money during the time he was shutting everything down, he actually re-enabled the site just to get that extra BTC and then shut it down immediately after.

If he was shutting it down due to legal issues, why would he accept ~150BTC 5 minutes before turning out the lights?

The writing is on the wall folks, this is just the latest scam in bitcoin history.
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 02:08:40 PM

based on what evidence?

What evidence for the phrase "I'd say"?  My thoughts and opinions.  I don't need "evidence" to say my opinion and speculation.

My evidence that he is scamming everyone?  A friend tried to "invest" ~150BTC and wasn't able to because of an error with the website, emailed Nefario who responded that he "fixed" the problem and try and send again.... 5 minutes later the website was shutdown with the index page replaced.  Looks like my friend had the unfortunate experience of sending money during the time he was shutting everything down, he actually re-enabled the site just to get that extra BTC and then shut it down immediately after.

If he was shutting it down due to legal issues, why would he accept ~150BTC 5 minutes before turning out the lights?

The writing is on the wall folks, this is just the latest scam in bitcoin history.

That alone should get that scammer tag assigned and be enough to stop him from getting the btc from theymos. Do you have the tx?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
oldschool

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 02:12:16 PM

based on what evidence?

What evidence for the phrase "I'd say"?  My thoughts and opinions.  I don't need "evidence" to say my opinion and speculation.

My evidence that he is scamming everyone?  A friend tried to "invest" ~150BTC and wasn't able to because of an error with the website, emailed Nefario who responded that he "fixed" the problem and try and send again.... 5 minutes later the website was shutdown with the index page replaced.  Looks like my friend had the unfortunate experience of sending money during the time he was shutting everything down, he actually re-enabled the site just to get that extra BTC and then shut it down immediately after.

That alone should get that scammer tag assigned and be enough to stop him from getting the btc from theymos. Do you have the tx?

I've suggested that this friend get involved, however they wish to remain anonymous and silent on the issue...  I told them the emails, email headers, and tx history would be proof positive but I guess they'd prefer to keep their privacy and anonymity on the issue.  Things like this I've never understood, but to each their own.
k3t3r

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 02:15:15 PM

What evidence for the phrase "I'd say"?  My thoughts and opinions.  I don't need "evidence" to say my opinion and speculation.

My evidence that he is scamming everyone?  A friend tried to "invest" ~150BTC and wasn't able to because of an error with the website, emailed Nefario who responded that he "fixed" the problem and try and send again.... 5 minutes later the website was shutdown with the index page replaced.  Looks like my friend had the unfortunate experience of sending money during the time he was shutting everything down, he actually re-enabled the site just to get that extra BTC and then shut it down immediately after.

It would be helpful to see the proof of this as the person who said this has also just admitted to jumping to his own conclusions without evidence.
jasinlee

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 02:23:12 PM

If he wont bring forth evidence, the statement shouldnt even be brought up. Its just conjecture.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 02:27:29 PM

Most likely, he has a deal and stipulates him shutting down in this harsh manner to exempt himself from liability and criminal prosecution.  I said the same thing when Pirate shut down then started asking for information.  Standard practice.

If a government authority is the cause of this, then Nefario has not disclosed that to the shareholders or other people with whom he's spoken.  From what people have posted regarding their conversations with him, it seems far more likely that he got spooked when he finally consulted an actual lawyer about "legitimising" GLBSE on Wednesday and learned that all of his "but Bitcoin" claims of GLBSE's activities not being illegal were actually wrong.

Interestingly, despite his claims that GLBSE was doing nothing wrong, the very fact that he spoke in terms of "legitimising" it is an admission that he knew it was not operating legitimately and any competent lawyer would wipe the floor with him over that.

It's extremely unlikely that any government regulator would go after Nefario alone in relation to GLBSE's activities - it's not a sole proprietorship entity.

+1
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 02:29:22 PM

If he wont bring forth evidence, the statement shouldnt even be brought up. Its just conjecture.
It's worse than conjencture. What is the tx id?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
oldschool

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 02:31:37 PM

It would be helpful to see the proof of this as the person who said this has also just admitted to jumping to his own conclusions without evidence.

Trolls.... I will explain this for other people reading though...

The phrase "I'd say" is a way of guessing in english.  So when I say "I'd say he has fiat instead of bitcoins" it is guessing that he might have converted it and implying in the guess that he scammed everyone.  A guess does not need "evidence" because it isn't a fact.

http://esl.about.com/od/grammarstructures/a/f_guess.htm

And as far as proof being submitted.... I wish this person would, I've asked and urged them to, however at this point they know they've become a victim of a scam and don't see coming out in the open and losing their privacy as a benefit to themselves at all.

If you don't want to believe me, that's fine, doesn't bother me at all.  I know that when everything is said and done that everyone will see it for a scam.

Want to put your BTC where your mouth is?  5btc bet escrowed with gweedo that all the money and btc is not paid back?
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 02:47:03 PM

If Nefario did scam us our bitcoin, it won't be a problem to go after him. His identity information is known to this community. So I think he won't be so stupid to do that.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
jasinlee

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 02:50:05 PM

Does anyone have the glbse account address so we can check it against blockchain and find that tx?

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 02:56:08 PM

@oldschools, you should give evidence. Or at least you can persuade your friend to submit his evidence to the shareholder of GLBSE, like theymos, so they can vote for the right decision.

What makes me wondering is that why Nefario cannot just make it simple, just open the GLBSE but stop all trading function, and let the users withdraw the bitcoin? Isn't that simpler than ask users to provide blablabla and a bitcoin address? (that's how some other bitcoin exchanges shut themselves down.) At the same time, Nefario will be able to prepare the issuer-shareholder relationship transfer mechanism. Nefario has increased the difficulty for the users to obtain their bitcoin.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 02:57:53 PM

The phrase "I'd say" is a way of guessing in english.  So when I say "I'd say he has fiat instead of bitcoins" it is guessing that he might have converted it and implying in the guess that he scammed everyone.  A guess does not need "evidence" because it isn't a fact.

And as far as proof being submitted.... I wish this person would, I've asked and urged them to, however at this point they know they've become a victim of a scam and don't see coming out in the open and losing their privacy as a benefit to themselves at all.

If you don't want to believe me, that's fine, doesn't bother me at all.  I know that when everything is said and done that everyone will see it for a scam.

Want to put your BTC where your mouth is?  5btc bet escrowed with gweedo that all the money and btc is not paid back?

I fully understand the "I say" part, even when I read it the first time. Would you or somebody else be so kind as to show the proof of the Mt Gox spike?

Thanks, oldschool.

~Bruno K~
k3t3r

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 02:58:39 PM

What makes me wondering is that why Nefario cannot just make it simple, just open the GLBSE but stop all trading function, and let the users to withdraw the bitcoin? (that's how some other bitcoin exchanges shut themselves down.) At the same time, Nefario will be able to prepare the issuer-shareholder relationship transfer mechanism. Nefario has increased the difficult for the users obtain their bitcoin.

According to the statement on GLBSE some system is being prepared to enable this.
oldschool

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 02:58:49 PM

@oldschools, you should give evidence. Or at least you can persuade your friend to submit his evidence to the shareholder of GLBSE, like theymos, so they can vote for the right decision.

What makes me wondering is that why Nefario cannot just make it simple, just open the GLBSE but stop all trading function, and let the users to withdraw the bitcoin? (that's how some other bitcoin exchanges shut themselves down.) At the same time, Nefario will be able to prepare the issuer-shareholder relationship transfer mechanism. Nefario has increased the difficult for the users obtain their bitcoin.

When I see them online next I will request they speak directly with theymos on the issue.  I think this is a good idea.  I'll also ask if I can disclose tx id or any other info.
oldschool

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:07:25 PM

I fully understand the "I say" part, even when I read it the first time. Would you or somebody else be so kind as to show the proof of the Mt Gox spike?

Thanks, oldschool.

~Bruno K~

I saw a 9k volume right before the price started dropping yesterday, made me start thinking that some of that could have been glbse funds, I joked with my friend that his btc had just gotten converted to fiat, it was 19:00 mt gox.
k3t3r

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:07:48 PM

Would you or somebody else be so kind as to show the proof of the Mt Gox spike?

A spike on mtgox doesnt show that nefario has sold coins  Huh why is this even relevant?

a transaction ID that links a BTC transaction to the GLBSE just before closing would be incriminating.

however the person making this claim has in the same post as he made the claim admitted that it is fine to jump to his own concllusions with no evidence therefore IMO weaking his own allegations. If he is going to make allegations such as this after discrediting himself he should need to provide evidence if he is to be taken seriously.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:07:54 PM

Just gather some private investment and dont allow public trading of the shares. Thats how the company that runs glbse itself functions.

Nice to see you were shitting all over MPEx while being secretly involved with the Global Scam Exchange, you despicable shill you.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
jasinlee

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:10:10 PM

Just gather some private investment and dont allow public trading of the shares. Thats how the company that runs glbse itself functions.

Nice to see you were shitting all over MPEx while being secretly involved with the Global Scam Exchange, you despicable shill you.

Yeah pot WTF WHY YOU SO BLACK, Kettles like me would never be that black.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: