Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:57:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006433 times)
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:07:17 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2016, 03:48:53 AM by Melech

So my concern like others now are the coins that "weren't" stolen. Every other coin other than btc and ltc on there right? Or were the other alts sold into btc and ltc and then stolen? There must be a clear report of what is left. Can we get some sort of list up to show remaining balances left with proof they are still holding? If not cryptsy should provide one. These must be returned as if they go missing I will go mental! Even though we were trading last night. Did those btc really exist or was it just numbers on a screen. Doesn't help that cryptsy has gone offline now either lol

Here is a list of what I know/believe to be stolen from Craptsy: (have not seen info on other altcoins)

Nice one Melech. Now how do we go about checking the other wallet amounts?

It all happened within a few hours, July 29, 2014 around 13:00-17:00 UTC... feel free to check altcoin blockchains for large tx during that 4-hour window...

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinedabit

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:42:26 PM

So my concern like others now are the coins that "weren't" stolen. Every other coin other than btc and ltc on there right? Or were the other alts sold into btc and ltc and then stolen? There must be a clear report of what is left. Can we get some sort of list up to show remaining balances left with proof they are still holding? If not cryptsy should provide one. These must be returned as if they go missing I will go mental! Even though we were trading last night. Did those btc really exist or was it just numbers on a screen. Doesn't help that cryptsy has gone offline now either lol

Here is a list of what I know/believe to be stolen from Craptsy: (have not seen info on other altcoins)

It all happened within a few hours, July 29, 2014 around 13:00-17:00 UTC... feel free to check altcoin blockchains for large tx during that 4-hour window...

Is there something like goochain that checks blockchains by date? 
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:43:20 PM

Paul,

Here's another option. Sell the company - 100% - to the customers for the amount of the shortage. Distribute ownership to the depositors based on what they have trapped in the company. Then reset all balances in cryptsy to 0 and the new cryptsy get a new CEO and reopen. All coins on balance go into the exchange's reserves. Over time, cryptsy can buy shares back using it's profits. You never come back to the US again and you hold no business interest in Cryptsy.

Your liability is with the depositors. Turn the company over to the depositors. You can do this today and nobody has to wait two years for a bankruptcy proceeding.

If you are a depositor and would rather wait 2 - 3 years for a fraction paid at bankruptcy, speak up.

Thanks for expanding on my initial idea that the users who have lost their coins should own Cryptsy. But what I had envisioned would be that these are shareholders who can actually make a profit later now too and keep their BTC and LTC to be paid back over time with trade fees. Divided up but now large holders get larger shares of the profits later once topped up. They deserve this extra profit too since their funds are frozen and they couldn't sell with them in the open markets. And they were lured into an insolvent exchange to top it off.

Obviously someone reputable would have to implement the system and make it so that funds are safe.

An Angel investor won't buy the 10,000 BTC and 300,000 LTC since the funds would just leave the site and never return. And they would have to do business with current management.

Allowing the community to own and operate Cryptsy makes it so that there is a possibility of getting their coins back through trading. Traders could at least risk some exposure at first to test it out and most of the people on the site are those who have BTC stuck there so it is actually a huge market to trade inside. Since all of these users are coming back for sure when controlled and operated properly. You now have stabilized the problem and attempt to grow from it to benefit the people who have their funds stolen. They own the sucker outright as a group right now anyways! It was their funds and there is no FDIC Insured status and Cryptsy would have had to been audited to get insurance and that company would have prevented the entire fiasco since they would have measures in place and possibly be a part of the Multi Sig on the Cold Wallets too.

Gleb could be the new CEO
Peonminer CTO
Spoetnik PR and Snackbar attendant... Smiley

A possible reason the BTC hasn't moved is that they can leave the coins there past a statute of limitations and wait it out? Not Moving the funds might have been the smartest play. As they are not traced and could be used years from now when BitCoin is at $2000 per coin and all the heat is off of them.

I also had an idea I call BitMarshal that tracks all reportedly stolen funds (Large Validated Transactions with High Exposure) and can alert any wallet that it has accepted Stolen property. So that they can return the funds and not trade with the sending party, once the funds hit an Exchange they are taken and sent back. Only problem would be if the funds are never spent or only sent to exchanges with wallets that don't use BitMarshal or who don't abide by it. Cryptsy would have to stay open to then disburse the funds back to the rightful owners. So the actual accounts would have to stay as they are but could be earning against their negative balance as time goes on. Big problem was that trading was allowed to continue and more people got stuck in the middle as time went on.

Any insider could have used the opportunity of not coming forward with the Hack to get their coins out on the incoming BTC deposits, leaving unsuspecting depositors holding the bag. Technically it doesn't even have to be an insider just luck that they leave during that period of time and someone else takes their place. Not coming forward makes it seem like Cryptsy had to let their insiders get outside first.
garmin

Activity: 550
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:58:05 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2016, 10:21:15 PM by garmin

vern's kids will be so proud of daddy.. Just like bernie madoff's kids. They can put money on his books for Christmas and holidays.
he will look dapper in his county orange jumpsuit and lipstick...
 Kiss
coinedabit

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:08:24 PM

So cryptsy is down but my CAT trader is still showing my coin balances. Cryptostocks is down too as usual. Since trading fees went to 0 there never came another payout from Paul's shares either.

Shares in a new decentralised cryptsy sounds good to me and  bitmarshall style type software has gotta be out there already no?

DrxGxr

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:54:46 PM

So cryptsy is down but my CAT trader is still showing my coin balances. Cryptostocks is down too as usual. Since trading fees went to 0 there never came another payout from Paul's shares either.

Shares in a new decentralised cryptsy sounds good to me and  bitmarshall style type software has gotta be out there already no?

we don't want no bloody cryptsy shares based on lost of earnings alone we already own that site . this is purely a criminal case of grand fraud and deception . since the day he claimed money was stolen he should have stopped all deposits and has the money is not even his in the first place but in his care he is clearly obliged to report this its not some kind of option to report or not .a thief will always say i didn't steal anything everyone knows this . big birds statements and statements /behavior of the cryptsy crew during that past 4 months shows that this has been intentional all the while . they tried the tricks they could to block people withdrawing claiming you need to verify your account . BTW that was horus pushing that verification crap . every single one of them is /are guilty until proven innocent has thats what all the evidence says. WE DO NOT WANT ANY SHARES FROM YOUR PISS OF CRAP CRYPTSY WE ONLY WANT WHAT IS OURS AND NOT YOURS.
guys stop bringing the shares in the company crap only making people more angry at this pathetic bastards that think they can help them self to peoples things and get away with. not letting any of them get away with this is my only concern don't offer no bloody silly dead shares thanks.
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:55:21 PM

Reporter: Solvency is a big issue when it comes to exchanges
Vern: Reddit is blowing our insolvency issue way out of proportion
Vern: We don't have a large withdraw pending in our queue

What Vern did not say (read between the lines) is, "we do not have a problem with solvency"

's Tru, brah. If you delete everyone's coins and orders and withdrawal requests... poof! No large queue!

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:56:42 PM

we don't want no bloody cryptsy shares based on lost of earnings alone we already own that site . this is purely a criminal case of grand fraud and deception . since the day he claimed money was stolen he should have stopped all deposits and has the money is not even his in the first place but in his care he is clearly obliged to report this its not some kind of option to report or not .a thief will always say i didn't steal anything everyone knows this . big birds statements and statements /behavior of the cryptsy crew during that past 4 months shows that this has been intentional all the while . they tried the tricks they could to block people withdrawing claiming you need to verify your account . BTW that was horus pushing that verification crap . every single one of them is /are guilty until proven innocent has thats what all the evidence says. WE DO NOT WANT ANY SHARES FROM YOUR PISS OF CRAP CRYPTSY WE ONLY WANT WHAT IS OURS AND NOT YOURS.
guys stop bringing the shares in the company crap only making people more angry at this pathetic bastards that think they can help them self to peoples things and get away with. not letting any of them get away with this is my only concern don't offer no bloody silly dead shares thanks.

I will take shares if that's all they can give me back. It's better than a kick in the pants.

cryptomann420

Activity: 180

Invest Today For What You Want For Tomorrow

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:57:50 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2016, 12:28:14 AM by cryptomann420

I hate to break the news THE RABBIT HOLE go s a lot further as I look at the blockchain!!  This will be the BIGGEST THEFT IN CRYPTO to go down in HISTORY!!!!! I guess we have to wait for the TOTAL!
1-- https://bitcoinchain.com/block_explorer/address/1NaoLM9wnsC2JH4wmZcYW33CiUY5HeLUaB    
2-- https://blockchain.info/en/address/16ZbpCEyVVdqu8VycWR8thUL2Rd9JnjzHt
3-- https://blockchain.info/address/12KBnNKkEdjcojNZ7ceBhDBJWhMZbtttgr

BTC Tip Jar 1K7r4cmGHELDEfWJdJo37N5UH5BrDjTMDD
Need A Trading Bot Go To https://cryptotrader.org/?r=595
DrxGxr

Activity: 128

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:59:53 PM

sometimes things go beyond just being about the money.

I will take shares if that's all they can give me back. It's better than a kick in the pants.

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:03:40 PM

With all the issues with centralized exchanges -- run by people... I am seriously surprised someone hasn't come up with a de-centralized exchange platform.  Not controlled by any one person... but by the network itself.

Someone did but it had an IRC backdoor and stole everyone's money.
garmin

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:04:26 PM

I hate to break the news THE RABBIT HOLE go s a lot further as I look at the blockchain!!  This will be the BIGGEST THEFT IN CRYPTO to go down in HISTORY!!!!! Cool

Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:11:45 PM

I hate to break the news THE RABBIT HOLE go s a lot further as I look at the blockchain!!  This will be the BIGGEST THEFT IN CRYPTO to go down in HISTORY!!!!! Cool

Hate to break it to you, but MtGox lost something like 850,000 BTC (worth $1000 each at the time)... GOXtsy is still much lower than MtGox

$850,000,000 vs $12,700,000

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
garmin

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:18:48 PM

Hate to break it to you, but MtGox lost something like 850,000 BTC (worth $1000 each at the time)... GOXtsy is still much lower than MtGox

I don't think all the maths are in just yet...

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:25:36 PM

Yeah but to be fair the comments from that banskter sellout Mike Hearn need to be on there too.  And all the various times and places where his comments were reposted or reported in the news.  I am inclined to believe the drop has a lot more to do with that than it does crypt-sty.
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:26:03 PM

Can anybody confirm their Cryptsy BTC balance? I cannot at this present time, gives me a zero balance. :/

Hello?

Wake up buddy - it's gone.  Over.  Goodbye.

http://blog.cryptsy.com/

They have updated it, read!

"It wasn’t until an article from Coinfire came out that contained many false accusations that things began to crumble.   The article basically caused a bank-run, and since we only had so much in reserves for those currencies problems began."

You guys called it!  It was all COINFIRE's fault!  /s
garmin

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:33:45 PM

Yeah but to be fair the comments from that banskter sellout Mike Hearn need to be on there too.  And all the various times and places where his comments were reposted or reported in the news.  I am inclined to believe the drop has a lot more to do with that than it does crypt-sty.

The whole thing is fucked up.. But I'm a buyer of BTC after they beat it up enough. The prime-time media has not kicked in yet. Still long on crypto! just wanna see vern's ass in prison..  
....PRICELESS

Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:38:57 PM

Anyone else regarding this as a great time to buy, ratjer than a killer crash? Butcoin always bounces back Wink
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:49:33 PM

From my calculations, the 'inside job' started ~9 hours earlier: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173703.msg13574270;topicseen#msg13574270
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 11:50:47 PM

Can anybody confirm their Cryptsy BTC balance? I cannot at this present time, gives me a zero balance. :/

Hello?

Wake up buddy - it's gone.  Over.  Goodbye.

http://blog.cryptsy.com/

They have updated it, read!

"It wasn’t until an article from Coinfire came out that contained many false accusations that things began to crumble.   The article basically caused a bank-run, and since we only had so much in reserves for those currencies problems began."

You guys called it!  It was all COINFIRE's fault!  /s

Big Vern fires back !

Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: