Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:07:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a good long term investment to buy 1 BTC today?  (Read 253325 times)
plost24

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 11:34:07 AM

1 BTC is not worth to hold in the long term, you need 50-100 BTC to get decent results.
That's is a good estimate, we will never know what would be the standard way of living in the future and things could go so expensive so it is better to have an excess estimate than a very conservative estimate.

Yeah 1 btc won't give you best returns and you cannot become rich with that amount, as price won't be in millions in future that even 1 btc can take care of you, better to have huge amount of coins.
yeah you are right 1 btc can give you only 50% profit in a long term investment the price is really high now and getting higher but there is not sure to bitcoin have a huge grow in price and take 1000% profit it is a little hard to bitcoin reaching 6000$ maybe in the future after 30 years or something.

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 01:09:57 PM

The OP posted this way back October 2015 so if he did buy 1 BTC I guess he can see the profit now. But I think he stopped because he is still a member now.

But if he didn't become active here in forum but still able to hold his 1 bitcoin at all for almost a year. Then for sure he is now seeing his profit out of it.
I hope he does not stop from using bitcoin even he isn't active anymore.

The profit he made is not worth it for a period of time that passed.

Coindesk Price:

Oct. 9, 2015 (The date where OP made this thread) : $244

Today's price (as of typing this) : $673

Profit as of now if he bought BTC1 that time : $429

8 months has been passed only an earnings of $429. Really not worth it.
Lol 400bucks is already a big profit if you didn't do anything for it and just waiting. Where can you find a free 400usd nowadays. It is still a good move for the OP to hold if he decided it on that time.
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 01:13:03 PM

1 BTC is not worth to hold in the long term, you need 50-100 BTC to get decent results.
That's is a good estimate, we will never know what would be the standard way of living in the future and things could go so expensive so it is better to have an excess estimate than a very conservative estimate.

Yeah 1 btc won't give you best returns and you cannot become rich with that amount, as price won't be in millions in future that even 1 btc can take care of you, better to have huge amount of coins.
yeah you are right 1 btc can give you only 50% profit in a long term investment the price is really high now and getting higher but there is not sure to bitcoin have a huge grow in price and take 1000% profit it is a little hard to bitcoin reaching 6000$ maybe in the future after 30 years or something.

We don't know what will be the price in future but this is the best time to collect as much as you can as in future it will be more harder to earn it or buy it.
BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2016, 01:27:38 PM

At my opinion it's a good idea whatever will happen, cause anyway someday price will strongly increase and you will get your profit easily.

tampazeus

Activity: 924

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:06:55 PM

At my opinion it's a good idea whatever will happen, cause anyway someday price will strongly increase and you will get your profit easily.

Yes its always good to hold 1 btc for future as you can easily make good profits in future when price goes higher and re buy when price drops again.
23dzmaz

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:17:34 PM

The OP posted this way back October 2015 so if he did buy 1 BTC I guess he can see the profit now. But I think he stopped because he is still a member now.

But if he didn't become active here in forum but still able to hold his 1 bitcoin at all for almost a year. Then for sure he is now seeing his profit out of it.
I hope he does not stop from using bitcoin even he isn't active anymore.

The profit he made is not worth it for a period of time that passed.

Coindesk Price:

Oct. 9, 2015 (The date where OP made this thread) : $244

Today's price (as of typing this) : $673

Profit as of now if he bought BTC1 that time : $429

8 months has been passed only an earnings of $429. Really not worth it.

It's already huge getting profit $429 for me and it's only for 1 bitcoin, if OP more than 1 bitcoin, he can enjoy his profit when selling all of his bitcoins today.
oivuiqua1111

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:39:03 PM

You should know that investment is risk even stock or gold or bitcoin
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:42:01 PM

Yes its always good to hold 1 btc for future as you can easily make good profits in future when price goes higher and re buy when price drops again.
you're right, most likely bitcoin prices will rise back to $ 700, and if that happens I think will be very many people who buy bitcoin, maybe now is a good time to buy 1 BTC, dab hold. maybe if you do that, you can sell bitcoin that you hold in the coming months
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 05:13:25 PM

you're right, most likely bitcoin prices will rise back to $ 700, and if that happens I think will be very many people who buy bitcoin, maybe now is a good time to buy 1 BTC, dab hold. maybe if you do that, you can sell bitcoin that you hold in the coming months

I think 1 bitcoin is not sufficient to make good profits, if you are expecting higher profits then you should hold somewhere around 10 btc which can give you best returns.
Tanic

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 05:17:48 PM

If to talk about exactly today it can be good investment for you. Bitcoin for low this weeks, but I'm sure it will rise up. So it's gonna be good investment.
0day

Activity: 742

Hire me for your campaign management.

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 05:29:19 PM

I think 1 bitcoin is not sufficient to make good profits, if you are expecting higher profits then you should hold somewhere around 10 btc which can give you best returns.

Yea, it is good, the greater we will have the amount of bitcoin the greater will we earn profit with it, but if those people who are unable to buy that much, they will have to buy what they can, as everyone will earn even those who have smallest amount of bits.

Hire me for your campaign management
peta4e

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 05:31:25 PM

Yea, it is good, the greater we will have the amount of bitcoin the greater will we earn profit with it, but if those people who are unable to buy that much, they will have to buy what they can, as everyone will earn even those who have smallest amount of bits.

Yeah whatever amount you hold you can expect some profits from it in future, so at a moment we should keep ourselves engage in earning as much as we can.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 10:37:34 PM

If you ask me yes it is very good decision if you will buy 1 bitcoin today and hold it for long term investment because you can see now that the price is slowly rising from its cheap price last year or even last month so why not to invest at bitcoin and try to hold it for long term for at least 4 years and after that you will decide whether you will sell it or not because i believe that after 4 years the price of bitcoin will be stable at $$$$ price Grin.
yeah I also agree that this day may be a better buy than you wait after halving? because maybe you'll be left behind in the train dude. buy today you have the opportunity to sell at the current high price of halving come might occur there?
toy4lov3rs

Activity: 375

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 11:02:53 PM

If you ask me yes it is very good decision if you will buy 1 bitcoin today and hold it for long term investment because you can see now that the price is slowly rising from its cheap price last year or even last month so why not to invest at bitcoin and try to hold it for long term for at least 4 years and after that you will decide whether you will sell it or not because i believe that after 4 years the price of bitcoin will be stable at $$$$ price Grin.
yeah I also agree that this day may be a better buy than you wait after halving? because maybe you'll be left behind in the train dude. buy today you have the opportunity to sell at the current high price of halving come might occur there?

Its always good to buy bitcoin and save it for future as like any other investments there is no lock in period in bitcoin you have freedom to withdraw with zero penalty fees.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 11:09:32 PM

I thought you did not have to wait too long to hold mate. I will buy bitcoin at today's prices and will sell it when the pump comes.
I will not waste the opportunity to wait up to four years? You still can buy more when the price drops right/ I liked the short-term investments
ultimatesky

Activity: 714

SkyFall

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 11:13:05 PM

Its always good to buy bitcoin and save it for future as like any other investments there is no lock in period in bitcoin you have freedom to withdraw with zero penalty fees.

Even though the price seems high at 700 it's a good time if you can hold your coins for 2 years minimum.
If you got money you will need to be ready for some kind of emergency then my advice is to don't do it.
jerelimZ

Activity: 447

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 11:17:34 PM

Even though the price seems high at 700 it's a good time if you can hold your coins for 2 years minimum.
If you got money you will need to be ready for some kind of emergency then my advice is to don't do it.

I will prefer to hold if for at least next 5 years as I believe in holding for long term, so even if I see higher price at halving I will prefer not to sell and save it for future.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 03:40:05 AM

I will prefer to hold if for at least next 5 years as I believe in holding for long term, so even if I see higher price at halving I will prefer not to sell and save it for future.
The longer you hold the better, that is the benefits of holding bitcoin because overtime the value increases, the only thing you need to consider is the amount you can afford to invest.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Ziskinberg

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636

For campaign management look for Little Mouse!

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:37:46 AM

The longer you hold the better, that is the benefits of holding bitcoin because overtime the value increases, the only thing you need to consider is the amount you can afford to invest.
That's true but you need to invest a decent amount of bitcoins not just 1 BTC because even if the value will increase you 1BTC would not really help you a lot in terms of enjoyment the benefits.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 07:19:10 AM

That's true but you need to invest a decent amount of bitcoins not just 1 BTC because even if the value will increase you 1BTC would not really help you a lot in terms of enjoyment the benefits.

And that is why i find it better to invest on other coins that has potential instead. Because even if i dont get to own 1 btc i get to earn hundreds once price of a coin gets to hike. Eth seem to be a good one since its abit cheaper this time. Bought just about 24eth. If it doubles in the future, i'm gonna celebrate.

Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: