Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:07:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:23:09 AM

So,there will be another TOKEN except Jinn on NXT AE both for Tangle tech?

Could you expand on your question? Not entirely sure what you are asking. JINN tokens are unrelated to IOTAs

What's the difference between JINN token and IOTA token?
or what do these two tokens stand for respectively?

Could you simply explain?
Thanks. Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:25:24 AM

Another ,I like this logo of IOTA . Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mthcl

Activity: 376
Merit: 300

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:38:10 AM

Though I was invited to review the whitepaper, it seems all my questions remains unanswered. And section "4.1 Resistance to quantum computations" (added after my review?) seems pretty controversial by its reasoning. Anyway, Popov's work is the deepest made on DAG cryptocurrencies(all I've seen before were just forum & blog posts), I'm not sure what's presented enough to make something production-ready though. Let's see what will happen here. Have luck guys!  Smiley
I'm not sure if I understand what exactly your question is. If it's about submitting two conflicting tx's, then there is no problem - one will survive, and the other will die (that is, at some moment it will stop gaining cumulative weight). Besides, if you're buying smth from a merchant and submit a conflicting transaction at the same time, the merchant would call a police  Smiley
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 02:13:03 AM

So I suppose if we want to start talking about this idea I can go ahead and talk about my concern. And I will fully admit that this may be my lack of understanding or imagination only and nothing wrong with the concept at all.

If the network is fracture tolerant, than there is a concern that you might be validating a doublespend transaction without realizing it when creating your own transaction. This wouldn't be much of a big deal assuming only a hand full of dinguses trying to doublespend for personal profit, but what if someone(s) tries to exploit this as an attack vector against the network its self with no intention of personally profiting from the actual double-spend.

Dev's tried to explain to me why this reservation was unfounded but either the answers were nonsense or I wasn't smart enough to understand (probably the second one). So this seems like a better place to continue that discussion than my private messages since someone else might benefit.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 03:11:58 AM

Looks interesting.
Watching this.
zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 04:18:09 AM

Looked through the whitepaper. Really good concept you have there! will wait for this Grin
Seccour
Legendary

Activity: 1619

Bitcoiner, Crypto-anarchist and Cypherpunk.

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 04:28:13 AM

Though I was invited to review the whitepaper, it seems all my questions remains unanswered. And section "4.1 Resistance to quantum computations" (added after my review?) seems pretty controversial by its reasoning. Anyway, Popov's work is the deepest made on DAG cryptocurrencies(all I've seen before were just forum & blog posts), I'm not sure what's presented enough to make something production-ready though. Let's see what will happen here. Have luck guys!  Smiley
I'm not sure if I understand what exactly your question is. If it's about submitting two conflicting tx's, then there is no problem - one will survive, and the other will die (that is, at some moment it will stop gaining cumulative weight). Besides, if you're buying smth from a merchant and submit a conflicting transaction at the same time, the merchant would call a police  Smiley

The attacker can leave after he received the good and then issue the double spend as said in the Whitepaper. So the merchant will not see anything until the attack succeed ( if it succeed )

EDIT : I love IOTA. Good luck guys ! Cheesy

Seccour
Legendary

Activity: 1619

Bitcoiner, Crypto-anarchist and Cypherpunk.

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 04:33:40 AM

Here's a really stupid question.  As a regular human being on the planet earth, why exactly do I want IoT to be invented in the first place?  How do I benefit from this?  There was what IoT seems like to me from another post.  Basically me walking or driving around and having the government attacking me with surveillance and microtransactions:

Sounds great if IoT wasn't a code word for giant surveillance grid of doom.  Yes, this is the type of structure things like unmanned cars will be built around.  People will be required to carry devices to travel on public infrastructre, maybe a cell phone type device that acts as a transponder.  In addition to their sensors simulating sight, unmanned cars will detect the RF from the device and act as a collision avoidance plus navigation system.  Your wallet and identity will then be connected to the same transponder.  Everyone will be tracked like cattle. 

So yea, there is really no such thing as a "decentralized IoT".  All it is, is a system to broadcast as much personal information as possible to be centrally administratively controlled.

" As a regular human being on the planet earth, why exactly do I want IoT to be invented in the first place? " - It will make people life easier. So they will adopt it even if it's can be a great surveillance tool for government or company.

zaph3t

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

SynqCrypto Team

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 05:29:00 AM

hmmm! Interesting project  Roll Eyes

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:38:59 AM

So,there will be another TOKEN except Jinn on NXT AE both for Tangle tech?

Could you expand on your question? Not entirely sure what you are asking. JINN tokens are unrelated to IOTAs

https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/%28ann%29-jinn/msg197270/#msg197270
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 07:00:10 AM

Centralization of control
As history shows, small miners form big groups to reduce variation of the reward. This leads to concentration of power (computational and political) in hands of few pool operators and gives them ability to apply wide spectrum of policies (filtering, postponing) on certain transactions. Although there are no known cases where pool operators abused their power, there have been several instances where the opportunity were present. This possibility in a monetary system powering a multibillion (in USD) industry is completely unacceptable.

PoW with no block reward [to avoid centralization]. [...]

[...] Or IOTA owners have to "hire" miners. [...]

Looks like a contradiction at the first glance. CfB/iotatoken could you shed more light on the mining/PoW requirement?

Besides, needless to say: Following.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 07:27:04 AM

Interesting, but isn't quantum secure cryptography slow in its current form?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:12:02 AM

Come-from-Beyond
brand new
the Internet-of-Things
quantum-resistant cryptography
This is why Iota was conceived
Tangle
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:36:53 AM

a fluid, self-organizing swarmchain?
what are the data storage requirements for each node/device over time?

Lower bound is TOTAL/numberOfDevice, upper bound is TOTAL, the truth is somewhere in between, because redundancy above the lower bound is needed. TOTAL can be pretty little, though, beause majority of the payments will be done off-tangle, I think.
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:40:57 AM

Great project i will be watching this one Smiley
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:49:12 AM

If the network is fracture tolerant, than there is a concern that you might be validating a doublespend transaction without realizing it when creating your own transaction. This wouldn't be much of a big deal assuming only a hand full of dinguses trying to doublespend for personal profit, but what if someone(s) tries to exploit this as an attack vector against the network its self with no intention of personally profiting from the actual double-spend.

Assuming that the main part of the network has most of hashing power, only nodes on the separated part will be affected.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:50:50 AM

The attacker can leave after he received the good and then issue the double spend as said in the Whitepaper. So the merchant will not see anything until the attack succeed ( if it succeed )

Tangle doesn't remove necessity to wait for enough confirmations for on-tangle payments.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:53:50 AM

Looks like a contradiction at the first glance. CfB/iotatoken could you shed more light on the mining/PoW requirement?

Hiring of miners is required when it's a choice between life or death of the network. In this case you have to move away of total decentralization.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:57:38 AM

Interesting, but isn't quantum secure cryptography slow in its current form?

No (http://crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/8979/winternitz-one-time-signature).
Jimmy2011

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 09:04:07 AM

ball park eta til you have something in the wild?

By Christmas.

Look forward to the Christmas gift Smiley

BTW, as it doesn't need to get global state of the tangle for the node, so is the tangle possible for decentralized game?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: