Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:18:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471702 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 11:48:12 PM

We are witnessing the great Alt boom 2.0, hope Iota can get in on the action soon.

Sure we are, and I think IOTA definitely will. We're early on in a new altcoin bull market, and the "it" coins are what I like to call "startup coins": cryptocurrencies that are the center of projects that are outright startups in scope and size. The two biggest examples of this class are Etherium and Factom.

Interestingly, the "startup coin" phase dovetails well with VCs piling into blockchain startups and the overall mainstreaming of blockchain technology. Geez Louise, "blockchain" is now a finance-MBAer buzzword...

Consistent with this trend is Microsoft's Azure service. I understand that IOTA has had some good news on that front. Grin

tl;dr: young altcoin bull market, "start-up" coins are the hot new thing, IOTA qualifies as a "startup coin" in part because of its new ass'n with Azure. Good times ahead. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 11:50:44 PM

So hope we hold that and move beyond it fairly quickly... would be great.

What is the current estimated value of IOTA?
In BTC or satoshi please.  

Thanks.

0.00002380 satoshi per 1 iota

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 11:52:06 PM

Thanks.

That little? The cheapest sell price I've seen on the Nxt AE is 1.75 Nxt for a package of 1000; cheapest singles Asset is 1.8 Nxt. With Nxt now 1'820 staoshis, the implied price for the representational Assets is around 3200 satoshis per IOTA.

I think your implied price comes from a bulk order at a relative discount...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 11:55:43 PM

Thanks.

That little? The cheapest sell price I've seen on the Nxt AE is 1.75 Nxt for a package of 1000; cheapest singles Asset is 1.8 Nxt. With Nxt now 1'820 staoshis, the implied price for the representational Assets is around 3200 satoshis per IOTA.

Just some speculation. If the price is 3200 satoshi now, without a product yet on the market, what will be a reasonable price when IOTA hits the exchanges?

I guess something from 3200 to 10k range?
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 11:56:26 PM

Thanks.

Just some speculation. If the price is 3200 satoshi now, without a product yet on the market, what will be a reasonable price when IOTA hits the exchanges?

Myself, I was hoping for north of 10K. Do you know what market cap that would entail?

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:08:46 AM

MC of +/- 40 million.

I would be very VERY happy with that.

Thanks.

Myself, I was hoping for north of 10K. Do you know what market cap that would entail?
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:09:03 AM

I think somewhere in the $40mil range, which seems like a lot right off the bat but who knows.  I think a more reasonable estimate would be $10mil and then up from there depending on adoption and news.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:18:39 AM

We for sure won't start at 40mio, but 10 sounds reasonable.
FinalFantasy

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:23:50 AM

Interesting.

Reserved.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:27:41 AM

1M seems more sensible. Put it on a few exchanges for a week so we can get a fair market price. No point a handful of people sitting around in here telling each other how much their tokens went up.

1. let's see it working and in action..
2. let's see if it is worth 2x ICO price let alone 50X

etherium is only 30X ico after months and months, and sat on exchange for 3x  most of that period.

This is perhaps mid pump and could go back to 5x 10x quite easily.

Seems like an insta ICO with a few people pumping this who don't even have a clue how it works or if can work.

Let's see if anonymints right about the consensus issue
Let's await to see if altcoinUK is right regarding the mega new processor.

Lot's of hurdles here between Insta Ico and 10M market cap.

Even with NXT you could buy the coins at 5x ICO for a long period after. People asking 30x now is completely crazy after such a stealth ICO.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:32:36 AM

Want to take a friendly (2.5 BTC bet) that LISK will be behind IOTA on JUNE 1, 2016 (coinmarketcap)?

1M seems more sensible. Put it on a few exchanges for a week so we can get a fair market price. No point a handful of people sitting around in here telling each other how much their tokens went up.

etherium is only 30X ico after months and months, and sat on exchange for 3x  most of that period.

Seems like an insta ICO with a few people pumping this who don't even have a clue how it works or if can work.

Even with NXT you could buy the coins at 5x ICO for a long period after. People asking 30x now is completely crazy after such a stealth ICO.

xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:07:12 AM

What is the current IOTA price?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:21:24 AM

IOTA already started on moon and will prepare to other galaxies  Cheesy

With a big deal with microsoft before started and huge innovation Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:23:30 AM

Want to take a friendly (2.5 BTC bet) that LISK will be behind IOTA on JUNE 1, 2016 (coinmarketcap)?

CMC is probably one of the most misleading sources on the net. This is as easily gamed as an ICO.

LISK vs IOTA is not my issue.

Although in terms of how to advertise and run and ICO LISK is giving far far more opportunity for investment and better distribution. For those of the old NXT came not to ENSURE a great initial distribution is a very large mistake.

A poll on the board of those who invested in LISK vs those who invested or even heard about the IOTA ico (with proof of investment to make sure  no fake polls) you would see LISK is way probably 10X more known or more than IOTA was. This is like NXT2 .

This so far has not started well

The current IOTA price is around 30X ICO. This alone tells me there was not enough done to distribute at ICO else this demand would not so hugely outstrip supply. Put it on exchanges and let's see what happens.

If it was 3-5X ICO then this would be far more natural.

twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:28:40 AM

CMC is probably one of the most misleading sources on the net. This is as easily gamed as an ICO.

Although in terms of how to advertise and run and ICO LISK is giving far far more opportunity for investment and better distribution. For those of the old NXT came not to ENSURE a great initial distribution is a very large mistake.

A poll on the board of those who invested in LISK vs those who invested or even heard about the IOTA ico (with proof of investment to make sure  no fake polls) you would see LISK is way probably 10X more known or more than IOTA was. This is like NXT2 .

The current IOTA price is around 30X ICO. This alone tells me there was not enough done to distribute at ICO else this demand would not so hugely outstrip supply. Put it on exchanges and let's see what happens.

In your history of posting, I can see that you want to buy IOTA, I guess you couldnt find a buyer and know are heavily complaining here about how unfair life is for you.

It's one of the most innovation tech featured coin who already made a deal with one of the biggest company's in the world.

It's not antother shitcoin ico.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:34:43 AM

In your history of posting, I can see that you want to buy IOTA, I guess you couldnt find a buyer and know are heavily complaining here about how unfair life is for you.

It's one of the most innovation tech featured coin who already made a deal with one of the biggest company's in the world.

No I'm complaining about how unfair it is to 90% of the board that didn't get opportunity to invest or buy for a reasonable amount.

Again the "innovative technology" is not the question here.  Although yes it is totally untested at this point.

I suggest a 2nd ICO for all those on the board that want to buy in at reasonable rates and also provide more development funds for IOTA.

Insta ICO is no good long term.

Perhaps run a Poll on the main board. You will see I think a lot of the bct members will be in favour.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:42:58 AM

Interesting, you won't take my bet and think IOTA will crash...  Roll Eyes
There won't be a second ICO, let the markets decide when we launch - I won't be selling my chunk for a good while, if others follow my lead, this thing will be going for pretty huge prices (much higher than now).
Lastly, the tech has been (and is being) tested constantly - I'm excited to see it perform in the real world sometime in the near future.

No I'm complaining about how unfair it is to 90% of the board that didn't get opportunity to invest or buy for a reasonable amount.

Again the "innovative technology" is not the question here.  Although yes it is totally untested at this point.

I suggest a 2nd ICO for all those on the board that want to buy in at reasonable rates and also provide more development funds for IOTA.

Perhaps run a Poll on the main board. You will see I think a lot of the bct members will be in favour.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:46:13 AM

Interesting, you won't take my bet and think IOTA will crash...  Roll Eyes
There won't be a second ICO, let the markets decide when we launch - I won't be selling my chunk for a good while, if others follow my lead, this thing will be going for pretty huge prices (much higher than now).
Lastly, the tech has been (and is being) tested constantly - I'm excited to see it perform in the real world sometime in the near future.

Your bet is not relevant to my post though. Also how can one bet on things that can be so manipulated. CMC had aurora coin at number 2 for quite some time. I would not really want to rely to heavily on CMC. Yes I am interested in IOTA as are many on the board who never heard about the ICO.
Kind of like NXT really. Although NXT holders were more sharing at the start.
There could well be a 2nd ICO if enough of the board thought it was a great idea. Why would you not want a second IPO? You don't wish to see better initial distribution?

runall

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:48:45 AM

People  Smiley I think that's relatively NAIVE for us to speculate about the price evolution ...
In addition there is another thread for speculation, if we want to fantasize about the price.  Smiley

Those who can, if we try to do something for IOTA, like the community in another successful project, the reward will come easy from himself.

As far as I know iotatoken has asked NOT to discuss in this thread about priceSmiley
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:50:27 AM

Better initial distribution from 300 to 500 people? What about the other 7 billion? I want to see this tech leave this god forsaken forum and go out into the real world - like the MICROSOFT deal. Enough of trying to cater to 200 pump and dumpers, get us out of here ASAP.
No worries about the bet.

Interesting, you won't take my bet and think IOTA will crash...  Roll Eyes

Your bet is not relevant to my post though. Also how can one bet on things that can be so manipulated.
There could well be a 2nd ICO if enough of the board thought it was a great idea. Why would you not want a second IPO? You don't wish to see better initial distribution?
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: