Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:56:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:42:47 AM

Why is it taking so long to hit an exch?  Huh

see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1262688.msg14117722#msg14117722

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 05:36:03 AM

I've got a bad feeling about this one, wish ipo investors rots o ruck.
1btcdream

Activity: 393
Merit: 297

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 06:10:29 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2016, 07:09:15 AM by 1btcdream

I've got a bad feeling about this one, wish ipo investors rots o ruck.

You're the only one, but mostly everyone has really good feeling about this.
tangleNinja

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 07:07:38 AM

I've never heard of Lisk, neither have billions of other people, so should they hold another ICO?  IOTA raised over 1.3k BTC and the ICO was pretty well advertised among users, that's pretty good for any crowd funded project. Anyway, another ICO is not happening so you're wasting your breath.

Really? and yet it is on nearly every page of this thread in bold upon which you have been posting. I see it there in the sigs of people you're replying to? and on nearly every page here.

Are you sure you never heard of it before?

I don't think you're 100% able to say for sure there won't be a 2nd ICO. It hasn't really been discussed on the  main forum yet. You would be more than shocked what a good discussion can bring. Do you know that they nearly did a huge air drop for darkcoin once because I and then a few others who noticed said it would be a great idea.

If you believe something is a good idea and then you convince others it's a great idea too.... You can make it happen.

I dont speak for core devs, but I am gonna go out on a limb here and say:

You are the only one crying about 2nd ICO.

It is not gonna happen.

deal with it.

IOTA dosn't need a 2nd ICO, IOTA dosn't need more speculators.
IOTA needs more partnerships with big companies like the Microsoft thing.
I dont see Satya Nadella bitchin around because he missed ICO.
youyou_

Activity: 596

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 09:09:04 AM

A second ICO would be far more beneficial for all in the long term.

Just to understand: you suggest that the stack of early people (the 1st ICO guys, the ones who took a huge risk) should be redistributed and diluted with the guys of the 2nd ICO (the guys who are hangry to miss the train) ?
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 09:15:26 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2016, 09:59:35 AM by child_harold

GUI guy update?

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 09:22:17 AM

I'm new to iota.  What would be the most efficient way to purchase iota?
here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1360660.0  Wink

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 09:23:21 AM

hi every speculator prices  Cool
if you can talk about my post do not hesitate
 Grin

you can spam my post all time!!  Cheesy Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1360660.0
Hachoir

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 10:37:42 AM

You can buy iota at nxt asset exchange. Plenty are available there

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
LINKBUILD asset • Join crowdfunding Linkbuilding.io • Dividend+commission+signature-rewards
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
vlight

Activity: 656

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 10:40:46 AM

But you've not answered why you don't want a second ICO?
Do you not want more funds for your project? such a small ICO ?
You could have an ICO that lasted for 1000yrs but if nobody knew about it then you will not have many invest regardless of your project.

LISK - has made far greater effort to advertise their ICO ...can you go a page on this board without seeing the huge LISK sigs everywhere?
Facebook rewards, twitter rewards. I'm not here to compare to LISK but since you want to discuss it I shall not stand in your path.

If I was coming from NXT i would have made certain my next ICO did not suffer the same fate.

Just think the iota community should think it over. If there was a poll that demonstrated such demand surely cgb and iota will reconsider? It's not even launched yet. You could lock in 100% profits by making the next IOTA 2x the price? how about that. Surely 100% profits is enough guaranteed?
Then so many more people rather than a handful in this community and no questioning of distribution and more funds for the project? seems no reason not to does there?

Why not all give it some time to sink in then think it over. I have to go now but you guys seem great so will certainly be back to discuss again in the near future. I only think a small minority would dislike the idea. Those that just want to try and dump out at 30x ico and not see such a promising project reach full potential without a black mark.

Do you think all those people who invested at ICO are not regretting  not throwing more money at this project? Sure, now that you see that IOTA probably is legit, you want to invest, but those who send their BTC at ICO took a huge risk, and even at this point in time it's not 100% that something will not go wrong. And please, let's not pretend that you want 2nd ICO because you somehow care about this project's distribution. You only want to get a larger piece of the pie in expense of those who invested their time in finding the project in time and took the higher risk.

Also, people here knew about upcoming IOTA ICO at least one month in advance and there was 1K+ of BTC donated, you can't compare this with NXT distribution. It's not even close.
runall

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 10:54:25 AM

I'm new to iota.  What would be the most efficient way to purchase iota?

BTW, here is a very good collection, many opportunities to purchase IOTA.

Also of course here and here.
Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:21:51 AM

I've never heard of Lisk, neither have billions of other people, so should they hold another ICO?  IOTA raised over 1.3k BTC and the ICO was pretty well advertised among users, that's pretty good for any crowd funded project. Anyway, another ICO is not happening so you're wasting your breath.

Really? and yet it is on nearly every page of this thread in bold upon which you have been posting. I see it there in the sigs of people you're replying to? and on nearly every page here.

Are you sure you never heard of it before?

I don't think you're 100% able to say for sure there won't be a 2nd ICO. It hasn't really been discussed on the  main forum yet. You would be more than shocked what a good discussion can bring. Do you know that they nearly did a huge air drop for darkcoin once because I and then a few others who noticed said it would be a great idea.

If you believe something is a good idea and then you convince others it's a great idea too.... You can make it happen.

I dont speak for core devs, but I am gonna go out on a limb here and say:

You are the only one crying about 2nd ICO.

It is not gonna happen.

deal with it.

IOTA dosn't need a 2nd ICO, IOTA dosn't need more speculators.
IOTA needs more partnerships with big companies like the Microsoft thing.
I dont see Satya Nadella bitchin around because he missed ICO.

This. And even if there where a second ico after that some people would miss that and would be demanding a third and a fourth ico etc. Also Iota team doesn't need more funding. David has mentioned that they where happy with the collected about 500k usd amount. Also they don't rely completely on the ico funds they have their own funds and most importantly Iota team is not a big team the expenses aren't that big unlike for ethereum for example. Just wait for Iota to hit exchanges and do some buying you haven't yet missed on anything. There are still massive gains to be made short and long term imo.

iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:45:41 PM

General commentary on this:

1. Lisk is raising more funds partially due to the different timing. When we started the crowdsale Bitcoin was still in a slump and was just starting to go upwards, which make a lot of people unwilling to spend them. Ethereum hadn't 20x'ed yet, it was at like $1.5 with hodlers, so no new crypto-rich people.

2. We chose to do zero premine in order to ensure that the community has to take care of itself and not be dependent on us. We could've easily set aside 5% premine and used these funds to sustain IOTA, but this would make us liable, which we're not. Instead IOTA lives or dies by the community, as such an open source decentralized technology should. If you hold IOTA and you want IOTA to succeed, you must accept that you should probably donate some of your iotas towards whoever you see got an interesting project going on, setup some bounties, do some marketing, whatever.

3. Focus on the issues that matter: companies and projects. Having a simple Raspberry Pi use case is worth more than 100 forum threads of discussion about price.

rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 02:12:11 PM

General commentary on this:

1. Lisk is raising more funds partially due to the different timing. When we started the crowdsale Bitcoin was still in a slump and was just starting to go upwards, which make a lot of people unwilling to spend them. Ethereum hadn't 20x'ed yet, it was at like $1.5 with hodlers, so no new crypto-rich people.

2. We chose to do zero premine in order to ensure that the community has to take care of itself and not be dependent on us. We could've easily set aside 5% premine and used these funds to sustain IOTA, but this would make us liable, which we're not. Instead IOTA lives or dies by the community, as such an open source decentralized technology should. If you hold IOTA and you want IOTA to succeed, you must accept that you should probably donate some of your iotas towards whoever you see got an interesting project going on, setup some bounties, do some marketing, whatever.

3. Focus on the issues that matter: companies and projects. Having a simple Raspberry Pi use case is worth more than 100 forum threads of discussion about price.

Bingo! Thanks for injecting some reason.  I come to this primary thread for highlights when I can't keep up with Ryver and this discussion was getting old. 

Another point to the individual asking another ICO round-- even if 95% of the community agreed to having another ICO round (which we wouldn't) this still wouldn't be possible.  The IOTA team set the initial rules and gave, technically, 3 rounds of crowdsales back-to-back where the first two gave different levels of percentage bonuses.

Having a second crowdsale would undercut the agreed distribution amounts, which the team outlined.  Ignoring past agreements would be a huge liability and no one, or company, in their right mind would go against their initial "contract" just to get a little extra cash in their pockets.  Well... some might but that would be idiotic due to the legal storm that would inevitably follow.

Just be cool, this will get on an exchange.  The inevitable truth is there are always investors who just want to make a little ROI.  In crypto-land, 2-3x is "a little ROI" for an ICO.  IOTA will certainly do much better than that so there should be significant volume once this is released to exchanges, and I could see numerous millions being bought and sold (and potentially heavily dumped) in the first few weeks.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:04:41 PM

You know i love iota and i have supported this project from the beginning, but i don't agree with this.

Lisk is rising more founds because they use a lot of Marketing and all the ico procedure is easy and user friendly.

Iota crowdslaes was more advanced user oriented and without any marketing supporting the ICO.

Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:04:53 PM

I guess one of the reasons for Lisk to raise more funds is IOTA. Because people saw the price increase of IOTA, they started to regret they did not put more money on IOTA. They believe Lisk is a similar opportunity and decide to put more money and not miss another opportunity.
Bitsharesuser1234

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:27:37 PM

Could IOTA be of interest for Slock.it?  
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:36:49 PM

One big reason they are raising more funds is large XCR whales have been FORCED into their ICO - either we exchange XCR or we lose it all. So that is already a good chunk of money upfront that has more or less been forced to participate.

I would not have participated otherwise, honestly.

XCR held a contest for a DAPP build with 1 million XCR prize (1% of entire supply)... ZERO submissions.
XCR could not get delegates to secure the network (so much for user friendly)... almost the entire DPoS delegate system were being run by the devs themselves.

LISK is a direct fork with an updated reward system for delegates (hopefully that is incentive enough), they don't really have a team in place as far as I understand it - the two people in charge now could not technically develop the coin on their own. So there will need to be a huge hiring process and the entire roadmap is not particularly clear right now.

The general impression, which concerns me, is that LISK looks to be a project working hard on ads and marketing without a great deal of evolution from XCR - which stalled out extremely quickly.

I see IOTA as potentially important as an additional layer ontop of many other systems and industries... it compliments things about BTC, ethereum, etc.

I see LISK as a competitor to ETHEREUM and I don't see why, after no one wanted to develop anything for XCR with huge bounties, anyone will want to develop things on a network with zero network effects and a much smaller (magnitudes smaller) user base and dev base and code base and everything base to Ethereum. Cost to switch is not marginal under these circumstances.

That's just my honest assessment and gut feeling.

IOTA, on the other hand, has room of its own to explore and grow in. I'm excited about THAT.

You know i love iota and i have supported this project from the beginning, but i don't agree with this.

Lisk is rising more founds because they use a lot of Marketing and all the ico procedure is easy and user friendly.

Iota crowdslaes was more advanced user oriented and without any marketing supporting the ICO.

carajillu

Activity: 577

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:40:54 PM

One big reason they are raising more funds is large XCR whales have been FORCED into their ICO - either we exchange XCR or we lose it all. So that is already a good chunk of money upfront that has more or less been forced to participate.

I would not have participated otherwise, honestly.

XCR held a contest for a DAPP build with 1 million XCR prize (1% of entire supply)... ZERO submissions.
XCR could not get delegates to secure the network (so much for user friendly)... almost the entire DPoS delegate system were being run by the devs themselves.

LISK is a direct fork with an updated reward system for delegates (hopefully that is incentive enough), they don't really have a team in place as far as I understand it - the two people in charge now could not technically develop the coin on their own. So there will need to be a huge hiring process and the entire roadmap is not particularly clear right now.

The general impression, which concerns me, is that LISK looks to be a project working hard on ads and marketing without a great deal of evolution from XCR - which stalled out extremely quickly.

I see IOTA as potentially important as an additional layer ontop of many other systems and industries... it compliments things about BTC, ethereum, etc.

I see LISK as a competitor to ETHEREUM and I don't see why, after no one wanted to develop anything for XCR with huge bounties, anyone will want to develop things on a network with zero network effects and a much smaller (magnitudes smaller) user base and dev base and code base and everything base to Ethereum. Cost to switch is not marginal under these circumstances.

That's just my honest assessment and gut feeling.

IOTA, on the other hand, has room of its own to explore and grow in. I'm excited about THAT.

So, will Lisk be a pump and dump?
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:45:16 PM

I have no idea if LISK will dump or not. Hell, maybe they HAVE a great roadmap and will invest in further development. I'm just skeptical that you can compete with a giant like Ethereum is turning out to be. That level of organization and interest and dev base, etc. The amount of money being funneled into development, awareness, marketing, research, etc. 1000s of people, etc.

How can two guys and (say) $1.5 million compete with THAT directly!

Because, again, LISK is trying to take Ethereum more or less head on. That seems like a waste of time to me (just my opinion). I hope I'm wrong, I hold LISK now. I would rather it do well. But, the end of XCR and how everything went down makes me skeptical. I hope to be proven wrong.

Regardless, I much rather gamble and trust the team of IOTA and the future of IOTA. The tech looks like it wants to carve out its OWN space and not fight everyone already in place.
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: