Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:26:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1473129 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 09:55:45 PM

So basically the devs want additional 5% of all iotas (minimum) to pay for their work in several future months. They collected over half a mil dollars but they spent them without even releasing a full gui. If they don't receive the required amount of iotas, they will leave and start the same thing with other people, more generous ones. Right?

In the event that you're not another troll sockpuppet:

No, the devs are not asking for this. IOTA Foundation is a separate effort and got nothing to do with the development of IOTA nor the company that sold the IOTA software. It's entirely different entities. The funds have been used and is being used for 3 things: IOTA development, Jinn development and paying VAT/TAX on sale, exactly as we promised from day 1.

If 5% of iota is raised for the foundation and the foundation gets established then the resources will go to adoption of IOTA tech. Simple as that, no controversy whatsoever and is 100% voluntary.

iotatoken

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:04:54 PM

in addition to this recognition as a true supporter of the project those who donate will be given a certain donation-amount-proportionate privilege in upcoming projects that involve the initiators of IOTA. ( No more details on this at the moment )

Please make the donation verification process strictly address-based...   I despise sockpuppet accounts!   Smiley

We will ensure the authenticity, of course.

However this is NOT to become any focal point, we will not answer any questions pertaining to that matter at all, it's just an extra incentive. Right now the IOTA Foundation's mission statement should be sufficient incentive.

jokumat

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:20:38 PM

So basically the devs want additional 5% of all iotas (minimum) to pay for their work in several future months. They collected over half a mil dollars but they spent them without even releasing a full gui. If they don't receive the required amount of iotas, they will leave and start the same thing with other people, more generous ones. Right?

In the event that you're not another troll sockpuppet:

No, the devs are not asking for this. IOTA Foundation is a separate effort and got nothing to do with the development of IOTA nor the company that sold the IOTA software. It's entirely different entities. The funds have been used and is being used for 3 things: IOTA development, Jinn development and paying VAT/TAX on sale, exactly as we promised from day 1.

If 5% of iota is raised for the foundation and the foundation gets established then the resources will go to adoption of IOTA tech. Simple as that, no controversy whatsoever and is 100% voluntary.

But without the Foundation you and CfB refuse to work on this project any more. So I think I described the situation well. You call the required contribution 100% voluntary. Ok.

I remember that all the unclaimed iotas were going to Foundation as well. How much is it? Is it on top of those 5 % or already included?

Will you release a full gui before the creation of the Foundation?  
iotatoken

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:27:14 PM

But without the Foundation you and CfB refuse to work on this project any more. So I think I described the situation well. You call the required contribution 100% voluntary. Ok.

Why should we continue work on software that is already done? Once the software is done everyone that bought it can use it for whatever intention they bought it for, just like all other purchases in the history of commerce. But we also happen to run an IoT hardware start-up for distributed computing, which is why IOTA even exist, we saw a problem and since no one was working on a solution, we solved it technically. But for the technology to work for what *we* need it for we also need it to be established as an IoT standard, thus we will continue our efforts to achieve this, while everyone else is free to pursue their own visions with the IOTA software they purchased and we delivered.

It's so mindblowingly simply that it hurts my fucking brain that any homo sapien could ever even question it. We didn't allocate a single iota for ourselves precisely so that we are free to do whatever we want after fulfilling our end of the deal.

I remember that all the unclaimed iotas were going to Foundation as well. How much is it? Is it on top of those 5 % or already included?

Then you got some sort of amnesia. ~50% of the unclaimed was to go to the foundation - which it has - the rest to Jinn and other tasks in IOTA like new website and developing 2 projects for IOTA that we got under the hood. And yes, full GUI will come before creation of Foundation, same as website, this is extra work we have done for the community.

Only in crypto can you do EVERYTHING right and give people a fucking 20x return on their purchase, without allocating anything for yourself, and still face accusations and insinuations of wrongdoing. It's pathetic that people who think like this even exist.

jokumat

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:46:58 PM

Why should we continue work on software that is already done? Once the software is done everyone that bought it can use it for whatever intention they bought it for, just like all other purchases in the history of commerce. But we also happen to run an IoT hardware start-up for distributed computing, which is why IOTA even exist, we saw a problem and since no one was working on a solution, we solved it technically. But for the technology to work for what *we* need it for we also need it to be established as an IoT standard, thus we will continue our efforts to achieve this, while everyone else is free to pursue their own visions with the IOTA software they purchased and we delivered.

It's so mindblowingly simply that it hurts my fucking brain that any homo sapien could ever even question it. We didn't allocate a single iota for ourselves precisely so that we are free to do whatever we want after fulfilling our end of the deal.

Then you got some sort of amnesia. ~50% of the unclaimed was to go to the foundation - which it has - the rest to Jinn and other tasks in IOTA like new website and developing 2 projects for IOTA that we got under the hood. And yes, full GUI will come before creation of Foundation, same as website, this is extra work we have done for the community.

Only in crypto can you do EVERYTHING right and give people a fucking 20x return on their purchase, without allocating anything for yourself, and still face accusations and insinuations of wrongdoing. It's pathetic that people who think like this even exist.

I was just stating the facts and asking questions. No accusations were made.
banqueiro

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

cryptoPag.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 10:49:44 PM

@jokumat et alii, excuse me. Let me give my humble opinion:

It seems to me, the community of IOTA holders have thoroughly discussed this topic. It has been a harsh, honest and open talk involving all us who were interested in participating: Many of us have made unjust accusations, and at the same time many of us have been unjustly attacked. Many of us have made fair complaints, and at the same time many of us have been fairly denounced.

It has been necessary. A natural part of IOTA's growing pains. But it needed an end, and a solution. That solution was demanded and, recently, honestly reached.

Now that those dissatisfactions were sufficiently cleared and solutioned. This talk must be put in the past. Insisting on it is remaining stuck. And the project must not remain stuck.  It must progress.

To keep coming back onto those topics you guys suddenly bring again is dishonest. Especially if you are not IOTA holders.

But even if you are IOTA holders: because there has been plenty opportunity to make your voice and opinions known. All participants' opinions were considered right here at this very forum. Where were you? (Anyway. If you are a holder, and you are not satisfied, simply do not pay the 5%. Just wait for the results, good or bad, or quit if you prefer)

Let's go forward, please. Because insisting in bringing back already solved issues is disturbing the progress of the project. Disturbing is, indeed, trolling.

Thank you for taking this point of view of mine in consideration.

twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:57:28 PM

Can we see somewhere how much is donated to the foundation till now and how much to the BIG deal? thanks

Can somebody answer this question? jees
jokumat

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 11:11:53 PM

@jokumat et alii, excuse me. Let me give my humble opinion:

It seems to me, the community of IOTA holders have thoroughly discussed this topic. It has been a harsh, honest and open talk involving all us who were interested in participating: Many of us have made unjust accusations, and at the same time many of us have been unjustly attacked. Many of us have made fair complaints, and at the same time many of us have been fairly denounced.

It has been necessary. A natural part of IOTA's growing pains. But it needed an end, and a solution. That solution was demanded and, recently, honestly reached.

Now that those dissatisfactions were sufficiently cleared and solutioned. This talk must be put in the past. Insisting on it is remaining stuck. And the project must not remain stuck.  It must progress.

To keep coming back onto those topics you guys suddenly bring again is dishonest. Especially if you are not IOTA holders.

But even if you are IOTA holders: because there has been plenty opportunity to make your voice and opinions known. All participants' opinions were considered right here at this very forum. Where were you? (Anyway. If you are a holder, and you are not satisfied, simply do not pay the 5%. Just wait for the results, good or bad, or quit if you prefer)

Let's go forward, please. Because insisting in bringing back already solved issues is disturbing the progress of the project. Disturbing is, indeed, trolling.

Thank you for taking this point of view of mine in consideration.

I am a small IOTA holder and I have no problem with contributing my 5% to the Foundation. If there is a way to do this safely and hassle free.. But my contribution may become pointless if other people decide not to contribute. This uncertainty is chilling.   
iotatoken

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 11:16:47 PM

I am a small IOTA holder and I have no problem with contributing my 5% to the Foundation. If there is a way to do this safely and hassle free.. But my contribution may become pointless if other people decide not to contribute. This uncertainty is chilling.   

I address this point in my post re: iota foundation donations. Of course everyone won't participate, so donating over 5% is necessary for those that want a foundation. Uncertainty is a part of life Smiley

moonfrog

Activity: 341

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:08:14 AM

Need help, after starting IRI (latest version) throws error: this address already in use. What should I do?

empty
Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:16:25 AM

Need help, after starting IRI (latest version) throws error: this address already in use. What should I do?

It will be quicker for you to get answers if you ask your wallet related questions on the chat.iotatoken.com
moonfrog

Activity: 341

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:39:57 AM

It will be quicker for you to get answers if you ask your wallet related questions on the chat.iotatoken.com

thanks, need help but not urgently. I'll wait for answers there.

empty
GetVisaCoin

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 02:28:57 AM

Can you explain how we got a 20x return on the purchase of software? 20x only makes sense when you're talking about the IOTA token, but you insist you only sold software. Your previous statements are contradictory.

If you sold software nobody received 20x, and if you fork and IOTA token MK1 becomes worthless then all the people who trusted you make 0x.

Reputation is everything, and no amount of word games and semantics can spin the fact that most IOTA supporters believe you are being tricky and deceitful.

edit: are donations for foundation needed to bypass securities issuing laws? why not 5% premine? The 'bystander effect' will be exactly the same with donations as with premine. bystanders don't become active just because they donated

iotatoken

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 03:03:20 AM

Can you explain how we got a 20x return on the purchase of software? 20x only makes sense when you're talking about the IOTA token, but you insist you only sold software. Your previous statements are contradictory.

If you sold software nobody received 20x, and if you fork and IOTA token MK1 becomes worthless then all the people who trusted you make 0x.

Reputation is everything, and no amount of word games and semantics can spin the fact that most IOTA supporters believe you are being tricky and deceitful.

edit: are donations for foundation needed to bypass securities issuing laws? why not 5% premine? The 'bystander effect' will be exactly the same with donations as with premine. bystanders don't become active just because they donated

Based on your statements I estimate that your IQ is not even measurable so I won't even bother answering as it's self-evident that you're at troll.

GetVisaCoin

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 03:10:28 AM

Based on your statements I estimate that your IQ is not even measurable so I won't even bother answering as it's self-evident that you're at troll.

OK, let readers decide if my post deserved a serious response . I owe them nothing, but YOU do as the so called leader of this project. Many people are upset, not just me.

Your inability or unwillingness to answer is telling. You look to be out of your depth now.

@CfB, can you explain how someone can be 20x on a purchase of software?

edit:when someone in business resorts to insults and bad language you know they're struggling
iotatoken

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 03:48:44 AM

OK, let readers decide if my post deserved a serious response . I owe them nothing, but YOU do as the so called leader of this project. Many people are upset, not just me.

Your inability or unwillingness to answer is telling. You look to be out of your depth now.

@CfB, can you explain how someone can be 20x on a purchase of software?

edit:when someone in business resorts to insults and bad language you know they're struggling

This is not a business issue at all, the question pertains to an unrelated potential entity, so your 'question' is only regarding a trolling issue.

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 03:55:28 AM

I sold some small amounts of Iota early on before discussions of the Foundation started.  I am encouraging those that purchased to donate 10% to the foundation, and most who I have spoken to so far about this said that they will, but want to wait until the GUI.

Any estimates for this?
GetVisaCoin

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 04:53:28 AM

This is not a business issue at all, the question pertains to an unrelated potential entity, so your 'question' is only regarding a trolling issue.

I participated in the IOTA crowdfunding, so like it or not, we have a 'business relationship', or should have if you are attempting to act professionally.

You stated the following:

I'm challenging that statement above where you use a '20x return' as evidence of you doing 'everything right'.

The 20x return claim is NOT consistent with your previous statements that you were only selling software.

I am not happy that after the crowdfunding you are threatening to fork IOTA and leave the original participants with nothing if you don't raise 5% through an inadequate method like donations when a premine is simple and fair. I speculated this might be to get around securities issuing regulations. There's no trolling here, I just disagree with your position, and I questioned your use of abuse and bad language when communicating, which IMO shows you are inexperienced in business and a bit rattled when adults challenge you respectfully, but firmly.

My frustration at your position and behavior is genuine, calling it trolling is a poor excuse at avoiding my criticism.
bubbletea789

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 05:39:41 AM

@the guy talking above.
please read carefully before you express your opinion.

at least read the ones in bold. and at least know who say what first.

so despite all the controversy around my recent post, let's be blunt and clear, this is beta plan (aka back up plan when we as a community fail to establish a properly funded foundation).

1)iota 1.0 is launched. software prepurchased is delivered as promised. done deal to those who whine that they paid for this, certainly we all did.

2)those who wish (and have already done so by donating more than 5% or have not made a claim but wish to 5% of their claimable allocated to the foundation) to form a well funded foundation with the current vision for IOTA project that cfb and David are seeing, please stand up.

3)Regarding those who have purchases iotas on the secondary market, i believe that we can have them transferred over at no tax (or we would refuse their generosity). So the above mentioned filter will only be applicable to genesis iota claimers.

4)we will go to iota 1.1 (or better 2.0) together.

5)those who wish to go the other way of a directionless project, go ahead with their bags.

do not flame me for saying this, i am just being blunt trying to make it crystal clear and offering a way out for everyone.

tl,dr; I am not threatening any single one, everyone is free to voice their opinions and if a large enough number of people agree with an idea, we will have "the main chain" : )

so be generous and worry not of the freerider problem, but do what we think is right and best for IOTA project then people with the same goal can always sort it out together.

Stay cool,

just to clear up some confusions:

1) I am in no way associated with cfb or david, except for the fact that we share certain similar goals on getting a certain project/idea to be the backbone of the iot ecojomy.

2) my opinion is of my own.

3) noone is threatening anyone, not even an implied threat was meant. because we are working in this open source environment. (i.e anyone was free to take ethereum code and ran with it, but whether they manage to persuade the devs to join them and whether they manage to get another round of funding is another story)

4) I am just trying to create a backup plan for people sharing a common goal.

5) noone is leaving anyone behind. it is only about whether you decide to join us on this vision of seeing IOTA going forward with the best possible option at the moment.

remain calm and be generous Smiley

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 06:28:51 AM

Can we see somewhere how much is donated to the foundation till now and how much to the BIG deal? thanks

Can somebody answer this question? jees

Technically it's not easy. I'll post next time I get the number.
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: