Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:22:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin goes up very high should i buy a house?  (Read 133889 times)
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 12:02:43 PM

Most definitely, that's a no brainer!! If Bitcoin peaked enough for me to buy a house, I wouldn't think twice, I'd cash out the amount I need immediately even 100%. Not only is buying property a safer investment but you also get to have your own house which is immeasurably more awesome than renting  Cool
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 12:48:01 AM

If you could pay it all then go ahead buy the house. But if you will just pay 50%, and the rest is paid in monthly mortgage, then I will think twice. In my opinion, house is a great purchase but a bad investment because it loses its value over time. Plus if you have to pay monthly mortgage, then it wil become liability not an asset.
Nunu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 01:57:22 AM

If Bitcoin goes up very high should i buy a house?

Ive been thinking if it went into very high figures i could cash out 80-90% of bitcoin and buy a house outright with no mortgage.  Is that even a good idea though? - basically 80% of networth in a house hmmm.  On the other hand i dont want to have a mortgage and im fed up with renting due to landlords, letting agents and lack of control.

Man when Bitcoin reaches these high value I swear you need to convert into fiat. You will be able to buy a house with Bitcoin!The seller will accept Bitcoin! Wink

Yeah i know but maybe not on this next bull run.  Lets say we hit $3k- $4k in the next few months which could happen i doubt everyone well accept bitcoins for houses. Some people will sure.

If the seller accepts bitcoin then go for it!

Buy yourself a house with the bitcoin you own. Grab the opportunity!  Grin

lama-hunter

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 03:08:40 AM

u could also buy a jet ski and a house on the malibu beach Cheesy
than it would be like two and a half men and u will get all the chicks Grin

But maybe u should beware of the housekeeper alan or simply just dont get stuff like this Wink
Anyways good luck gettin rich Smiley

regards
lama-hunter
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:21:00 PM

Sure, if it is your life goal, buy a house. I would do it if i had that ammount of money.
Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:32:17 PM

That is a good option and am in full support for it. You should always buy something that you will keep on remembering for a long time to come. Bitcoins can go up to a price that will favor you a lot. It is always the main reason why people do hold back on the coins they have. You may have purchased the  coins at a very lower price and end up selling them at a profitable price. Go for the house.....
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 09:03:07 PM

If hell freezes over, you should buy a house. Wink

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
freakying99

Activity: 429

Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:11:16 PM

Sure, if it is your life goal, buy a house. I would do it if i had that ammount of money.

That I agree with it should be everyones life goal to own their own home if they don't already.

OP yes you should buy and be happy it probably cost you a lot less than someone who worked their ass off for most of their life. Good luck holding after 2-3k though  Cheesy
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:47:46 PM

Owning an almost fully paid of house will severely reduce the cost of living for you.

It is always smart to own a house imo. Even if values are dropping quite a bit, renting is just a black hole where money disappears.
Hutalar

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 01:51:44 PM

If you do not have a place to live, and the price will not go higher soon, then you should buy a home. If the price will go up several times in a few years, then rent.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:56:15 PM

u could also buy a jet ski and a house on the malibu beach Cheesy
than it would be like two and a half men and u will get all the chicks Grin

But maybe u should beware of the housekeeper alan or simply just dont get stuff like this Wink
Anyways good luck gettin rich Smiley

regards
lama-hunter

But houses at malibu beach, especially a real true waterfront home are damn expensive.
We are speaking of prices around several million dollars.
And the chicks you are going for then are not more than just superficial tarts.
Is that the life you are really looking for? Cheesy
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 03:25:37 PM

If you do not have a place to live, and the price will not go higher soon, then you should buy a home. If the price will go up several times in a few years, then rent.

you can buy a small house there is no need to by a lustful house, with 50k euro here you can by a 50 mq^2 with two rooms and a bathroom and a small kitchen

i'm planning to do it, when bitcoin reach at least 3k
mouneshwar123

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 03:36:10 PM

Investment in Real Estate is a play safe methodology when compared to Bitcoin investments. So I would surely buy a house if Bitcoin Price goes up. For me I have a minimum threshold which if reached by bitcoin I will sell 25% of my stack to buy a house or a land.

Yeah, everyone wants to buy a house and a car with bitcoins, but the problem is will we able to make a payment in bitcoins when it comes to buying a house? I mean do you think that the person who is selling his home is aware about the bitcoins and will accept bitcoins as a mode of payment? What if he demands to pay in fiat?? Time to think.. Grin
Obviously not, that too in India not many people are aware of Bitcoins, I will have to exchange bitcoins to Fiat currency before buying a house.
 Smiley

GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:31:51 PM

you can buy a small house there is no need to by a lustful house, with 50k euro here you can by a 50 mq^2 with two rooms and a bathroom and a small kitchen

i'm planning to do it, when bitcoin reach at least 3k

Then you will probably never buy a house. Everyone would like bitcoin to go to 3k but let's be honest, it's not going to happen, at least not any time soon and by that time the price of a house could increase a lot like it was 4-5 years ago.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:14:09 PM

You need to do a math here :
Lets break it down for you
Assuming you're living in a rented house ,you've to pay the rents on monthly/weekly basis
(I'm assuming the values as I'm totally unaware rent prices in your country)

Say you've to pay $100 a month for rent which makes $1200 for a year.
You have bitcoins about BTC1000 which you can afford to buy a house with at the rate of $300/btc.

Scenario 1 : If you buy the house right now
You can save up $1200 a year which you spend in the rent but lose on your bitcoin.If the price value of bitcoin goes really high in the near future say after 2 years you will regret spending the coins as you could actually buy two houses by the same money now .On the either side if the prices don't go high you will appreciate your decision.The main point is,the REAL ESTATE value after two years or day/day is going up and it will go even higher in next coming years no matter what because we're running short of land!In that case you would like to spend your btc's as you can always have land or your house as a massive investment which could be sold for higher prices even if you want to.Also the money used on rent could be used to buy more btc's.

Scenario 2: If you don't buy the house right now
Depending on the btc prices to go high and finally waiting for a day to see it going down will just make things worser.If it goes really high you would hit the jackpot but the time spend waiting for same to happen will also affect the real estate prices as they are going to go high either way.You might as well come to a point where the btc prices will be damn high and so will be real estate prices.Best thing to do will be buy a house right now and save the rent money to buy btc's which will be used for investment
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:36:15 PM

Say you've to pay $100 a month for rent which makes $1200 for a year.

Don't you mean $1000 a month for rent? What can you rent for $100 / month? We are talking a house to live in... I have seen higher price than $100/month for a car parking space...

Scenario 1 : If you buy the house right now
You can save up $1200 a year which you spend in the rent but lose on your bitcoin.If the price value of bitcoin goes really high in the near future say after 2 years you will regret spending the coins as you could actually buy two houses by the same money now .On the either side if the prices don't go high you will appreciate your decision.The main point is,the REAL ESTATE value after two years or day/day is going up and it will go even higher in next coming years no matter what because we're running short of land!In that case you would like to spend your btc's as you can always have land or your house as a massive investment which could be sold for higher prices even if you want to.Also the money used on rent could be used to buy more btc's.

House prices always go up? Really? Promised?

https://housingjapan.com/2011/11/10/a-history-of-tokyo-real-estate-prices/

Lucky you did not buy a house in the 90's in Japan for example...

Feel like buying a house in London today?

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:47:12 PM

Don't you mean $1000 a month for rent? What can you rent for $100 / month? We are talking a house to live in... I have seen higher price than $100/month for a car parking space...

As I said, that was just an assumption.In mathematical terms we have the definition of assumption here :
http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/assumption
I'm not from US neither from a country where Dollar is accepted infact my currencies 68 bucks makes a dollar which in turns makes around 6 grand.So yeah, I can afford a good 2BHK house in my country for $100.

House prices always go up? Really? Promised?

https://housingjapan.com/2011/11/10/a-history-of-tokyo-real-estate-prices/

Lucky you did not buy a house in the 90's in Japan for example...

Feel like buying a house in London today?

Maybe this answers the remaining question of yours .
http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/industries/financial-services/asset-management/emerging-trends-real-estate/global-outlook-2015.html
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:53:47 PM

You should not buy a house, but buy a complete block. Then rent them to other people.

There much money to be paid in property. You can live on the rent and the best thing is you can sell them when you had enough.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 10:23:09 PM

You should not buy a house, but buy a complete block. Then rent them to other people.

There much money to be paid in property. You can live on the rent and the best thing is you can sell them when you had enough.
That sounds like the game monopoly. I think the role was taken by Donald Trump. He owns a lot of property in New York, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and many more. So I think he cornered that market already.
AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:55:25 PM

That sounds like the game monopoly. I think the role was taken by Donald Trump. He owns a lot of property in New York, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and many more. So I think he cornered that market already.
Then it will be a feudal society to a new technological level. The entire city and region rich in power of feudal lords and ordinary citizens renting a roof over your head.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: