Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:53:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123367 times)
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 11:14:50 PM

Did something happened with staking? I used to get like 1.5 stakes every 2 days...now it's been 5 days and nothing happened.

This can happen sometimes as the network weight can increase as time goes on. I'm sure you will eventually stake soon however if you want to earn stakes often you may need to add more MOIN to build up your own staking weight so then you can compete with the growing network weight as more people join the community and start staking.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
5o5kY

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 07:24:49 AM

I've thought about that, but the thing is, I was getting those stakes when the network weight was over 1 mil... Since this repeated crashes and sideways movements of the market, the weight is way under 1 mil...currently at 705129  Undecided... I kinda like that Jookly keeps us posted, as well as the PoS aspect of the coin, the privacy, if they also can build a platform for it, this coin is a GEM. I am just trying to figure out if it's a development problem (so it can be fixed as soon as possible before the code gets too complex) or it's just some network problem.

Toqqn.com ● Crypto Mining Is Now Social
▬▬ ● ● Blockchain Based, Powered by People ● ● ▬▬ (https://toqqn.com)
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:30:23 AM

Great Moin, I think you should improve community management and engage more people via crypto Twitter, we are doing great and the price is quite stable also during this FUD times.
Enjoy staking Moin!
vella85

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 10:30:42 PM

I've thought about that, but the thing is, I was getting those stakes when the network weight was over 1 mil... Since this repeated crashes and sideways movements of the market, the weight is way under 1 mil...currently at 705129  Undecided... I kinda like that Jookly keeps us posted, as well as the PoS aspect of the coin, the privacy, if they also can build a platform for it, this coin is a GEM. I am just trying to figure out if it's a development problem (so it can be fixed as soon as possible before the code gets too complex) or it's just some network problem.

Yes I understand that but I don't believe its a development problem as the wallet is working perfectly. If you don't mind me asking how many MOIN are you staking? are you staking 24/7? These play a huge role when it comes to staking. What is the estimate time its saying you will earn a stake? Maybe then we can understand more of what is going on with you staking.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
5o5kY

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 11:30:01 PM

Yes I understand that but I don't believe its a development problem as the wallet is working perfectly. If you don't mind me asking how many MOIN are you staking? are you staking 24/7? These play a huge role when it comes to staking. What is the estimate time its saying you will earn a stake? Maybe then we can understand more of what is going on with you staking.

I currently stake 386.52, I was getting one stake of 1.52+something every two days and yes, I am staking 24/7. Since the 5th of march, nothing moved. And I repeat, This rewards were happening with a network weight of over 1 mil. The past 5 days, the weight was way below (hovering between 700+k - 900+k). Yes, the wallet looks normal. No internet connection drops, no errors or anything... Today I've restarted the wallet to see if something changes.

mObLOBScHAr

Activity: 136
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:37:08 PM

I currently stake 386.52, I was getting one stake of 1.52+something every two days and yes, I am staking 24/7. Since the 5th of march, nothing moved. And I repeat, This rewards were happening with a network weight of over 1 mil. The past 5 days, the weight was way below (hovering between 700+k - 900+k). Yes, the wallet looks normal. No internet connection drops, no errors or anything... Today I've restarted the wallet to see if something changes.
I think you were very lucky with one stake every two days. See my Test with different balances here.
The wallet with 500 Moin received 11 stake rewards in 28 days.
(I will update my test in two days with new data because then another month will have passed)
5o5kY

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 05:57:53 AM

I've seen some tests on this thread... It's weird tho, because this was for like a month... And this luck was happening for a while considering my initial balance of 337.5  Lol Shocked

Can't wait for the new test results. And when I thought I can buy some phore, now i need to buy more moin... Damn... Roll Eyes

vella85

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 10:35:27 PM

To be honest that is a small amount of MOIN to stake and that you must of been lucky to stake every 2 days with that amount. The network is at 1 million from what I can see in my wallet and has been for as long as I can remember. Yes sometimes it does drop but the average is around the 1 million network weight so I'm thinking that you got lucky and staked when the network weight dropped at certain times of the day/night. Well hopefully with the restart you start to stake, please keep us updated on this.

Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:08:02 PM
Merited by vella85 (1)

It sounds like it is working correctly to me 5o5kY.

MOIN uses PoS 3.0 has some differences from older versions I will explain a little and maybe it will help to understand how and why.

Moin's stake reward is set to 10%. that means that if you sum up the stake reward for a year on the chain you will find that the total amount of MOIN has grown by 10%.

This means that for people actively staking, no matter how many MOIN they hold, if they stake 24/7/365, they can be guaranteed 10%.  It also means that if you do not have many coins you can be granted more than 10% because that percentage reflects the entire count of MOIN in circulation.  The actual staked coins are shared among the subset of MOIN holders who participate in supporting the network.

Conversely (and perhaps just as important) it means that a large holder who does NOT stake 24/7 is not guaranteed 10%.  You can compare that to older versions of PoS where people would leave their wallets offline most of the time to build up "coinage" and then they would simply be rewarded a bunch without supporting the network an equal share.

For 5o5kY what that all amounts to is that sometimes network conditions are favorable to them and they receive more reward. Calling it "luck" makes sense.  Hopefully though this post helps explain why when you do not see these "extra" rewards it does not indicate a problem with the chain.

Have a nice day Smiley - Jookly
mObLOBScHAr

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:14:50 PM
Merited by vella85 (1)

Staking Tests with various balances: 100/200/500/1000/2000/5000 - Update after two months

Time elapsed: ~ 56 days / 8 Weeks    (snapshot taken at 12.3.18 19:36 GMT) (started on 15th Jan 2018 at 23:42)
The wallet was running almost 24/7 with only some minor downtime of a few hours. (Every address had the same downtime, as they run in the same wallet.)

100  -> 107.5   =   05 staking rewards   ->   7.50 %
200  -> 210.5   =   07 staking rewards   ->   5.25 %
500  -> 527.2   =   18 staking rewards   ->   5.44 %
1000 -> 1059.0   =   40 staking rewards  ->   5.90 %
2000 -> 2119.5   =   79 staking rewards   ->   5.97 %
5000 -> 5304.1    =   201 staking rewards   ->   6.08 %

percentage on the end of the lines above stands for the total interest for the 56 days.

the smallest address still does stand out a bit, but it already got a bit balanced to the other addresses.
This will probably continue to align further.

Current result of all addresses:
Average Interest per day: 0.11%
Estimated Interest rate per year for staking 24/7: 47.8%  Cool

Next report in approx. 4 weeks for the quarter results.
vella85

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 08:52:42 PM

Staking Tests with various balances: 100/200/500/1000/2000/5000 - Update after two months

Time elapsed: ~ 56 days / 8 Weeks    (snapshot taken at 12.3.18 19:36 GMT) (started on 15th Jan 2018 at 23:42)
The wallet was running almost 24/7 with only some minor downtime of a few hours. (Every address had the same downtime, as they run in the same wallet.)

100  -> 107.5   =   05 staking rewards   ->   7.50 %
200  -> 210.5   =   07 staking rewards   ->   5.25 %
500  -> 527.2   =   18 staking rewards   ->   5.44 %
1000 -> 1059.0   =   40 staking rewards  ->   5.90 %
2000 -> 2119.5   =   79 staking rewards   ->   5.97 %
5000 -> 5304.1    =   201 staking rewards   ->   6.08 %

percentage on the end of the lines above stands for the total interest for the 56 days.

the smallest address still does stand out a bit, but it already got a bit balanced to the other addresses.
This will probably continue to align further.

Estimated Interest rate per year for staking 24/7: 47.8%  Cool

Next report in approx. 4 weeks for the quarter results.

Interesting results mate, This should help people understand more about the way MOIN stakes and what they could potentially earn from staking MOIN no matter how many coins they have staking. I currently have all my MOIN in blocks of 1k but some are a little higher closer to 2k and they all seem to be staking well. It will be interesting to see overtime if the smaller address balances out with the other addresses so I'll be looking forward to your next update in 4 weeks from now.

5o5kY

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 07:14:02 PM

MOIN uses PoS 3.0 has some differences from older versions I will explain a little and maybe it will help to understand how and why.

Moin's stake reward is set to 10%. that means that if you sum up the stake reward for a year on the chain you will find that the total amount of MOIN has grown by 10%.

This means that for people actively staking, no matter how many MOIN they hold, if they stake 24/7/365, they can be guaranteed 10%.  It also means that if you do not have many coins you can be granted more than 10% because that percentage reflects the entire count of MOIN in circulation.  The actual staked coins are shared among the subset of MOIN holders who participate in supporting the network.

Conversely (and perhaps just as important) it means that a large holder who does NOT stake 24/7 is not guaranteed 10%.  You can compare that to older versions of PoS where people would leave their wallets offline most of the time to build up "coinage" and then they would simply be rewarded a bunch without supporting the network an equal share.

For 5o5kY what that all amounts to is that sometimes network conditions are favorable to them and they receive more reward. Calling it "luck" makes sense.  Hopefully though this post helps explain why when you do not see these "extra" rewards it does not indicate a problem with the chain.

Ok, that explains it, Jookly. Thank you! Now that everything is clear, I will buy more... Tho I have my eyes on some other crazy projects that people don't seem to care about...It's actually fascinating to search new coins, or ignored coins. A lot of them are dead, but some of them...DAAAAMN!!!! It's pretty much unreal how everybody seems to overlook them... It takes shit loads of time to research the teams but... it's worth it. Grin

Thank you again for the info!

vella85

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 11:28:48 PM

Ok, that explains it, Jookly. Thank you! Now that everything is clear, I will buy more... Tho I have my eyes on some other crazy projects that people don't seem to care about...It's actually fascinating to search new coins, or ignored coins. A lot of them are dead, but some of them...DAAAAMN!!!! It's pretty much unreal how everybody seems to overlook them... It takes shit loads of time to research the teams but... it's worth it. Grin

Thank you again for the info!

Yeah tell me about it lol there are some hidden gems out there that no one even knows about or just ignores. This is why I love MOIN so much as no one really seems to talk about it at all. Even on social media I don't see much people talking about it except a select few, myself included but apart from that there is nothing. Once people start to see what MOIN has to offer, then I think we'll start seeing the people flock in and that is when the price could spike to highs we haven't seen before. I'm all for long term projects which MOIN is so I don't mind waiting. Just keep staking and building our stacks.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:07:15 AM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #22

Yes indeed it is Jookly back again for another fortnightly update.  Hope everyone is well. Onward with the update!

MOIN Hats

These snazzy MOIN hats showed up in the mail. What would be a good way to give one away? Should the person to come up with the best idea on how to give away a hat get a hat?  Post your ideas!

https://streamable.com/8aq1c

Continued Whitepaper Preparation

Work continues on the white paper but it might be a little while still.  Remember if you are interested in the underlying technologies of MOIN prior to the whitepaper you can learn about it @ https://github.com/shadowproject/whitepapers & https://peercoin.net/assets/paper/peercoin-paper.pdf

Thats it for our short fortnightly update.  As usual feel free to stop by our any of our communication channels to say hello or leave feedback. http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Moin moin - Jookly
vella85

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 11:31:09 PM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #22

Yes indeed it is Jookly back again for another fortnightly update.  Hope everyone is well. Onward with the update!

MOIN Hats

These snazzy MOIN hats showed up in the mail. What would be a good way to give one away? Should the person to come up with the best idea on how to give away a hat get a hat?  Post your ideas!

https://streamable.com/8aq1c

Continued Whitepaper Preparation

Work continues on the white paper but it might be a little while still.  Remember if you are interested in the underlying technologies of MOIN prior to the whitepaper you can learn about it @ https://github.com/shadowproject/whitepapers & https://peercoin.net/assets/paper/peercoin-paper.pdf

Thats it for our short fortnightly update.  As usual feel free to stop by our any of our communication channels to say hello or leave feedback. http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Moin moin - Jookly

Thanks for the update Jookly!

Maybe you could run a meme contest on Twitter that has to do with MOIN and the best meme that wins get a hat. Memes seem to be what everyone is tweeting now days so if we can get some MOIN memes out there, it could help with more exposure and get people interested in MOIN.

KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 03:41:08 PM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #21

It is that time again! The MOIN fortnightly update. This one will be pretty brief, not a lot has changed in the last two weeks for MOIN but I wanted to check in with you all anyhow.

Upcoming Whitepaper

That whitepaper I mentioned in the last update is still floating around getting feedback and proof reading.   It will be exciting to see the final document when it is ready.

Twitter Logistics

I have been talking to various people about changes we can make to our twitter accounts to make the experience less confusing or annoying.  Hopefully we will be able to implement some of these changes very soon as well.

Thats it for our short fortnightly update.  As usual feel free to stop by our any of our communication channels to say hello or leave feedback. http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Until next time - Jookly

Thanks for the update Jookly, I'm sure that once the whitepaper is released more people will be happy as this was the number one thing that most people wanted to see for MOIN. Just wondering how our good friend KingCaper is going? It would be nice to see him once in a while to see how he is going. Anyway I'm still loving MOIN and earning the nice staking rewards which are now at 1.52 MOIN per stake!

Going good thanks vella, in research-mode. I'll try to post a bit more often here. Hope you're well!

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
vella85

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 10:44:26 PM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #21

It is that time again! The MOIN fortnightly update. This one will be pretty brief, not a lot has changed in the last two weeks for MOIN but I wanted to check in with you all anyhow.

Upcoming Whitepaper

That whitepaper I mentioned in the last update is still floating around getting feedback and proof reading.   It will be exciting to see the final document when it is ready.

Twitter Logistics

I have been talking to various people about changes we can make to our twitter accounts to make the experience less confusing or annoying.  Hopefully we will be able to implement some of these changes very soon as well.

Thats it for our short fortnightly update.  As usual feel free to stop by our any of our communication channels to say hello or leave feedback. http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Until next time - Jookly

Thanks for the update Jookly, I'm sure that once the whitepaper is released more people will be happy as this was the number one thing that most people wanted to see for MOIN. Just wondering how our good friend KingCaper is going? It would be nice to see him once in a while to see how he is going. Anyway I'm still loving MOIN and earning the nice staking rewards which are now at 1.52 MOIN per stake!

Going good thanks vella, in research-mode. I'll try to post a bit more often here. Hope you're well!

Hello KingCaper!

Its great to see you here as its been a long time that we haven't seen you. I know you are very busy but I missed seeing you in here lol. I'm good thanks, still staking MOIN and holding for the long term. I'm really looking forward to seeing what MOIN has to offer sometime this year. I hope all is well with you as well and look forward to seeing you around some more in here.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:53:47 AM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #23

Has it really been 2 weeks already?  I think I got sucked into a warp pipe and ended up on level 4.  Anyway here is your MOIN fortnightly update.

MOIN Graphic

Probe got a pretty nice simple graphic worked up for some future promotional materials. Dark and subtle. I thought I could share it here in case anyone wanted to also use it as a background or something.

Smooth Sailin'

Another week and nothing really major to report.  Lots of nodes staking away.  If you are brand new to MOIN I recommend coming by our chat rooms to meet and chill.  www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html 

Peace! - Jookly
mObLOBScHAr

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:28:23 PM
Merited by DarkStar_ (2), KingCaper (2), vella85 (1)

Staking Tests with various balances: 100/200/500/1000/2000/5000 - Update after three months

Time elapsed: ~ 84 days / 12 Weeks    (snapshot taken at 9.4.18 18:58 GMT) (started on 15th Jan 2018 at 23:42)

start|now|rewards|interest for 84 days
100|113.7|09 staking rewards|13.66 %
200|221.3|14 staking rewards|10.64 %
500|553.2|35 staking rewards|10.64 %
1000|1095.7|63 staking rewards| 9.57 %
2000|2176.1|115 staking rewards| 8.80 %
5000|5458.5|300 staking rewards| 9.17 %

percentage on the end of the lines above stands for the total interest for the 84 days.

the percentaged interest of the smallest address approximates more and more to the others as predicted.

Estimated Interest rate per year for staking 24/7: 49.76%

btw, nearly all addresses reached now the minimal promised annual staking rewards of 10%, which is kinda nice after just 12 weeks Smiley
vella85

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 11:14:37 PM

Staking Tests with various balances: 100/200/500/1000/2000/5000 - Update after three months

Time elapsed: ~ 84 days / 12 Weeks    (snapshot taken at 9.4.18 18:58 GMT) (started on 15th Jan 2018 at 23:42)

start|now|rewards|interest for 84 days
100|113.7|09 staking rewards|13.66 %
200|221.3|14 staking rewards|10.64 %
500|553.2|35 staking rewards|10.64 %
1000|1095.7|63 staking rewards| 9.57 %
2000|2176.1|115 staking rewards| 8.80 %
5000|5458.5|300 staking rewards| 9.17 %

percentage on the end of the lines above stands for the total interest for the 84 days.

the percentaged interest of the smallest address approximates more and more to the others as predicted.

Estimated Interest rate per year for staking 24/7: 49.76%

btw, nearly all addresses reached now the minimal promised annual staking rewards of 10%, which is kinda nice after just 12 weeks Smiley

Thanks for the update my friend! So going by your stats it might be best to have MOIN split into 100 coin blocks. However for someone with a large amount of coins that could be a pain but 500 coin blocks might be a good way to go. I currently have mine in 1k and 2k blocks so I might split around 10 into 500 coin blocks and see how I go. Thanks for all the info as this will also help newbies coming into MOIN.

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: